Reynier vs. Amara

Reynier Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Reynier vs. Amara

3 attacks + 1 closing defense
Standard timeline
No restrictions on magic or companions
Set in the center of Thistle Meadow, early morning while the temps are still low

Tens of thousands of leafy blades carpeted the meadow, so long and lush that they fell over in little hillocks of green and tan. A single mound of bluish- black lay nestled among them, the contrast of colors becoming more and more apparent as the warming light of day began to rise and do battle with the cool of the night.

Slowly and with a calculated gentleness of movement the stallion rose. Tawny ears and black muzzles swiveled toward him from all around the meadow, but no white flags of warning lifted. The woodland deer of Helovia were a sheltered breed and even their inherited cautions didn't stretch wide enough to include fellow grazing animals. They left the roan unchallenged among them and returned to eating.

Freed of suspicion the stallion edged away from the main body of the herd. He dragged his nose between green shoots and paused on every step as if to graze, but only anticipation filled his mouth and stomach. He had watched the herd enter and taken note of several newborn fawns snuggled tight against their mother’s flanks; had continued to watch as they began to wander toward the fringes of the group, bored by their parent’s seeming inactivity.

A few of the males had paired up to feign locking antlers and kicking out at one another, their attention completely focused on the game until the stallion approached. Most were unnerved by the stranger’s closeness and fell back, but one boisterous male stood his ground, encouraged by the adult’s complete lack of concern.

The roan stretched out his neck and fluttered his nostrils at the fawn, ears trained hard forward and the little one puffed out his chest to mimic the pose, boldly straining his tiny nose toward the larger male. The fawn’s eyes cut away from the stallion just as the velvet of their muzzles brushed, desperate to see the impression his bravery made on his playmates, but it wasn’t admiration that shone in their eyes when he met him.

As the fawns gaze turned the stallion lunged forward, his expression suddenly transformed from friendship to aggression. Black rimmed ears folded flat as his mouth snarled open and clamped down on the fawns spine just behind the shoulders. He gripped hard, forcing a weak chirr-up from the fawns lungs as he compressed them, and arched his neck to lift the panicked animal away from the ground.

Word count: 402 Intro
Attack: 0/3
@[Amara]

OOC: This is definitely something he would do in his spare time. And I thought something along these lines might help set your girl off, though whether in disgust or perverse interest is up to you. ;)

Image Credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
i won't be saved

i walked hastily, stretching out my wing with my heart sighing as i did so. my stomach churned at the feeling of my left wing, despite sia’s healing it still hurt to fly and i was only able to glide for a short time before the pain became too much and i had to land. it had been a few months since the damage was done, and i was too scared to do anything for fear i’d do something bad to my wing again. i wasn’t sleeping as i usually am at this time of day, my movement sluggish because of such. sameira had scampered off, finding i wasn’t as entertaining as the mass of deer that leaped through the fields, a howl rising from her throat as she raced behind them with joy spilling from her large being. amber eyes watch her for a time, my eyes settling upon the clashing males, antlers locked and nostrils flaring as testosterone and rage melted from their bodies, sweat staining their solid beige coats. they backed off of one another, circling with their bodies tense, performing a strange dance of dominance as they rose and clashed once again. their horns locked, heads twisting and hind legs propelling them forward while forelegs struck outwards. sammie begins barking, our mental bond the new focus of my attention as she screams in pure white hot fury at something. asshole let the child go! she screeches, and through her eyes i see a large roan stallion pinning down and innocent fawn, watching it struggle beneath the brute’s grasp. ”fucking fight him sammie don’t just stand there and yap at him!” i snap back, running as fast as i can towards sameira’s barking.

through sammie’s eyes i see her charging forward at the stallion, lips curled up in an snarl as her body is set ablaze, hind legs tensing as she braces herself to leap at the stallion. she growls, throat gargling and tail lashing, my own anger becoming unbearable as sameira’s collides with mine. she aims herself to land on the stranger’s left side, trying to latch onto his left wither with her ivory teeth to aid in harming the asshole who was hurting the fawn. whether she landed or not i didn’t know, i returned to my own mind as soon as she leapt. sammie’s barking became louder, my body lurching forward as i stumble onto the scene. terrified dear had already fled, some of the stags standing with their bodies tense, angry as they watched their offspring ensnared within the teeth of the equid predator. ”hey asshole get the fuck off!” i scream, charging forward on long legs, my muscled hind end pushing me forward, forelegs reaching out to hit at the quarters of the stallion, dark hooves attempting to scratch at his left hip, my screams of anger drowning out the small gasps from the fawn.

a distracting glance towards sammie gives a window of opportunity as i watch my hellhound aim bites at the stallion’s forelegs, snarling and spitting at him, saliva dripping from her maw as she backs away then, letting me fight the stallion now. i wasn’t scared to fight this asshole beneath the blazing sun, my maw gaping open as strike out towards his croup, raising my forelegs to knee his stomach if he doesn’t run away or hasn’t already run away. i can’t back up quick enough to escape him, so instead i remain where i am.

and oh fuck, sia’s going to kill me. what do i tell her when i get back ? that i accidentally started a full on fight with a large stallion? i mean, he was hurting an innocent fawn, and that’s unacceptable. but sia’s going to sucker punch me for being an idiot and getting into a fight. maybe i should just ask the stallion if he could put me in a comma, in the gentlest, quickest way possible. but no, that would break sia, she was so fragile, like a withering flower. one touch and she loses her petals. a frown crosses my lips as i realize this means i’m going to have to try and win this fight, so at least it was worth sia’s scolding.

ooc
attack 1/3
wc 737 ( according to wordcounttool.com )
summary sameira attacks reynier first, lunging at his left side, trying to bite his withers ( she is on fire due to her elemental magic ). amara then takes up the fight, trying to kick/knee his left hip while sort of lunging at him so that could end bad, and she tries to latch onto his croup while also attempting to knee his flank/kick his left hind leg.

@[Reynier]

Sevin the Sucky, I mean are you a # or vacuum? Posts: 161
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5" :: 25
Sevin
Default to Amara, +0.5VP