the Rift

[OPEN] we’ll have to walk before we fly

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Megaera
A kiss with a fist is better than none

The heat of high Tallsun was waning, and the mid afternoon sun was comfortably warp as the impromptu family ground moved northward. Since Meg and Einarr had been assigned the same run, there was no doubt that little Mordecai would have to come along, but this did not worry Meg. The filly had flourished over the past weeks, and as long as they took it slow, there was no reason that Meg saw to force the girl to stay behind. Patrol. It felt good to feel like she was doing her duty as a warrior again. Since returning from the Veins of the Gods, Meg had only taken a brief excursion the heart caves but had been otherwise confined to the Throat.

Walking seemed to take forever, but Megaera laid no grudge on the time spent with Mordecai. They had passed the sky bridge and skirted around the grasslands around the Heart, stopping every so often to let the girl eat and rest. It was a joy to watch the strong, bright girl explore the world, and if Meg would have preferred to fly, well there would be time for that later. They were approaching the edge of the forest now, and as Meg knew well, there was no flying among those close treed anyway.

Above the small group, Gwaihir soared in and out of the buffeting air currents, letting Meg enjoy vicariously through the stream of contented feelings that passed between them. Every so often that stream was interrupted when the mare would glance at the stallion that moved with them. She wasn’t quite so unsettled around him now, their forced interactions had forced her to adjust to being in his presence more often than not now that they shared Mordecai. Still, she hadn’t come any closer to understanding him. Their interaction always centered on the girl, her needs, her care, and since Megaera had struck out at him, it seemed the only common ground they had come to. As gentle with Mordecai as her had been vicious to the mare that had birthed her, Einarr had defied every expectation Meg had set upon him.

"talk talk talk"
Tags @[Einarr] @[Mordecai] Family time <3

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time

Einarr moved carefully with his daughter and his warrior partner, and titled wetnurse, as they traversed the landscape of Helovia. It seemed since his arrival in this strange land there was plenty of chaos, and being out on patrol was his duty to his herd. Megaera had been paired with him for this season. The inky stallion was grateful for that fact, because it did not mean he had to separate from Mordecai. The small filly was still more dependent on the mare's milk than she was him. It did not disappoint Einarr, for he understood how nature worked, but the time passing too slowly was draining. He was ready for his daughter to be old enough to teach to fly, fight, and have her own dogma. She would be great in whatever she did, and Einarr yearned for her greatness to come.

Burnt sienna eyes moved up to the floating eagle. Turning his face down to Mordecai, he touched his nose to her withers. "Yer afis ma khasar ma athdikar." He reassured her, turning his eyes back to the sky again. It was a desire in all young pegasi hearts--to fly. The dream to stretch wings and soar among the clouds, race with sisters and brothers, and become an aerial threat. Einarr reassured his daughter that she would fly with the generals, the warriors, the bloodriders soon in time, and with speed. His blood and the lithe blood of her birth mother would aid her well in the sky, Einarr predicted. She was already a leggy thing, gangly and sticking out everywhere. She would fill in nicely with muscle and raw power, and her father looked forward to it. "Mordecai, daughter of warriors, one to inherit an army!" He exclaimed, chest puffing as he trotted forward, bucking some playfully at the young filly.

They had walked too long in undisturbed silence.

["Yer afis ma khasar ma athdikar." = You will fly with the warriors with speed. (IT'S SUPER ROUGH I AM NOT A LINGUIST.)]

einarr
bright lights swing across the road
but no one seems to know just where I’ll put my feet down next
brown eyes, come with me tonight
you could be my Bonnie and I will be your Clyde

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Mordecai Posts: 77
Aurora Basin Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
Megaera & Mordecai
maybe i need the cracks in my skin, emotions are hard to carry
maybe i need the strength in your eyes to cut through the morning time

It was her first time out of the Dragon's Throat and everything seemed to fascinate the young girl to the point that she had not tried to force Megaera to stop and allow her to nurse as often as she usually did. Her excitement, however, had waned as the passed through the Heart, the memories of her mother still fresh in her young mind, but as soon as they were clear of that land her small ears were strained forward and her dark eyes wide as she soaked in everything around them. Excitement ricocheted in her young body and she was unable to contain herself and frequently bounded ahead of Einarr and Megaera. She would stop and wait for them to catch up with her then she would scurry away once more, laughing and giggling, and flapping her wings as she pretended to fly. One day she would be able to fly like the both of them, then their patrols would be much easier.

She stopped, though, as the forest they were supposed to patrol loomed ahead of them. It made her feel uneasy and she turned her head, her dark eyes seeking out her father's formidable form. “Ave?” His title came out as little more than a nervous squeak that made the girl frown. “Ao qevir.” They were supposed to patrol that dark forest? Her head tilted as she looked at the looming trees and the dark shadows that they cast on the ground. Mordecai snorted and stepped forward hesitantly. It was when her father touched his muzzle to her withers and spoke that her confidence was renewed. She was the daughter of warriors. There was nothing she should be afraid of.

"Mordecai, daughter of warriors, one to inherit an army!"

Mordecai watched as her father bucked, but moments later she was copying him by puffing out her own thin chest, trotting, and bucking, though her own display was far less impressive and more comical than anything. “Mordecai!” She exclaimed her own name. “Gwe!” And she took off at a headlong run through the forest, the sudden boost of confidence courtesy of her father making her want to explore every nook and cranny.

“.”

ooc://
Ave - father
Ao qevir - dark forest
Gwe! - Here! Lets go! Go!
@[Megaera]

Lines and shading by BronzeHalo
the emptiness that we confess in the dimmest hour of day
in Automatown they make a sound like the low sad moan of prey

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Megaera
A kiss with a fist is better than none

There they go again the mare mused when Einarr bent to speak to Mordecai in his strange, guttural language. The filly had picked up her father’s language far faster than the common tongue, and though Meg was starting to pick out common words here and there, the two always seemed to leave her in the dark when they spoke. Meg gave a gentle roll of her eyes and reached up through her link to Gwaihir, hoping for an ally. She got only a snarky chuckle back from the bird, who dived toward the trees and out of sight to hunt. "Traitor!" she called after him with a chuckle of her own and returned to watching the other two.

"Mordecai, daughter of warriors, one to inherit an army!" True enough, with Einarr’s strong blood and mi…Megaera caught herself. She drew up suddenly a flash of a pained expression moving across her face. It was easy at times to forget that Mordecai was not really of her blood, and it always made Meg a little sad, a little irritated, for reasons she still couldn’t fathom. As much as she loved Mordecai sometimes there was a voice that still whispered that she was an intruder, that this little family was not hers, as much as she might want it. Like all such feelings, Megaera’s consciousness was quick to shove them aside and with a slight shake of her head, she was striding forward again.

They had moved ahead of her, the stallion displaying his powerful stride and the flopsy filly trying to imitate him. So enamored by the scene, she couldn’t hold back the smile that tugged upon her lips. She hung back, content for a moment the watch the two inky figures gambol about before her, but it wast for long. With an exuberant laugh, the mare surged forward to catch up. She gave a playfull buck of her own, extending her wings to glide for a moment before having to tuck them in again as they entered the trees. She called out to her partner amiably, watching Mordecai frolic through the woods. "You will have teach me some of your tongue, Einarr, or else you two will leave me quite in the dark more often than not."

"talk talk talk"
Tags @[Einarr]

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::