the Rift

Change [TOR]

Wuthering Heights Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Wuthering Heights
Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.

And so the little equine explored. As her fear began to melt away, she started to meander through the lands. She wanted to see them all! And they were breath taking! These lands secreted peace from their very core. As she moved through the tall strands, she let her neck fall so that they may caress her face. It was strange, feeling something brush over her left eye lid, than opening to see nothing on that side. Just darkness. But it was something she had just grown to know. She had accepted the darkness so long, it was all she ever felt comfortable with. But the acceptable heat of the day was needed to warm her hide. Too many nights alone had chilled her to the bone. So today was a day of sunshine. Might as well enjoy the last colors before autumn flew into effect.

”Why would I need anyone else.”, a small mutter escaped her lips as ears flickered back with slight despair. One would just have to take a look into her duo colored eyes to know she spoke a lie. A quiet and misleading lie. For she thought she wanted to be alone, but her conversation with Leander the Pegasus proved her wrong. There was a longing in her body to be with a herd. One where she would be needed. A soft sigh brushed out of her mouth in a huff. Such a sorry state of mind she was in at the moment. Her wandering stopped as though in a trance. Wuthering needed a purpose, a reason to keep her spirits high. She lifted her head and craned it ‘round, sure she could find her purpose in Helovia! If not in a herds high ranks, than somewhere else. There had to be a place for the misfits in this world.

OOC//

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

a healer's heart, a warrior's body

The mare trotted, swiftly with a nervous aura hovering around her, far away from the Frostbreath Steppe. Her breath snared in her chest as she remembered the terrible hallucinations her illness had caused. Illness. The tobiano mused, struck by the cruel irony. She was a healer, who had been caught in the simplest of traps- tripping into a small bush of vision-inducing plant. Another shudder as she remembered the wicked pain, the brutal viciousness that caught every one of her cells on fire, bursting into black flame, the terrible sight of seeing her muscle stripping away from bone, the snickering laugh of something she would never mention again.

Tor sighed softly, the gentle breath of air escaping her lips as she slowed to a walk, stretching out her neck. If only someone had been there to help me, The tall, pretty mare thought again. She was no delicate beauty, just strong wiry muscle, thick feathers, with big bones to go with. For one to glance at her, she appeared like some war mount. She was, after all, a Friesian Percheron cross. But to look again, and you could see the sweetest of souls in those big, long-lashed chocolate brown eyes. She lifted her head, searching the lone plain for some sign of life.

And there it was, in the form of a mare. Tor paused, nostrils flaring, drinking in the scent. It held a very faint touch of the Dragon's Throat to its heat. Walk away, look weak. Move towards, perhaps aggressive. Slowly, the gray-and-white mare began to walk cautiously, focusing intently upon where she placed each foot. It would not do to trip approaching a possibly hostile horse.

"Why would I need anyone else?" A quiet mutter escaped the stranger's mouth. Tor smiled, not a vicious one, but a kindly and sisterly one.

"Sister, everyone needs somebody." Tor called softly, maintaining a healthy distance just in case.

"blah blah blah."
move move move
think think think

[Image: osya6c.png]

TOR

Unregistered

The words that came from behind her made her head snap up with surprise. Her body tensed and prepared to bolt away like a deer in the head lights. But when she turned her head to see spoke, she caught sight of a kind looking mare. There was no malic on the mares face, nothing but kindness.. It was a look Wuthering hadn't seen in a long time (every since her mother died to be exact). She twisted her body so she was facing the mare, turning her head so she could see with her good eye. "I... I don't know about that.", was all she could say, her ears drooping for but a moment.

Wuthering eyed the mare, deciding the threat she might possessed. She was rather large... But her brown eyes spoke of tenderness. She was the second horse she had encountared in Helovia. But she looked normal. No wings, horns, crazy mis-shapen anything. It helped lessen the pain of being alone just slightly. She must look have crazed, muttering to herself and all. But she was just a child who did not know any better. "Sorry, I'm Wuthering Heights. I thought I was alone..", she gave a weak apology. Would the mare attack? No.. She had spoken first, she had answered Wutherings quiet rambling. She closed her eyes for a brief second, composing what was left of her sanity before opening them once more. Now this mare thought she was a loon. Perfect.

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

Tor did not hesitate, or take a startled skip backwards, as she caught sight of the blank white eye staring at her, before the pretty milky brown head swung around and a beautiful, brilliant blue eye glanced over her. Somewhat used to horses sizing her up, Tor gave the mare a brief moment to let her eyes roam. Luckily, the mare was polite enough not to push it, not that Tor could really hurt a horse anyways.

"I... I don't know about that." The mare's ears dropped for a moment, keeling over like a dying soldier filled with sorrow. A glum simile indeed. Tor allowed herself to asorb the brief sentence; so the mare may say, but Tor didn't believe her words for a moment. "Sorry, I'm Wuthering Heights. I thought I was alone..." The apology was not particularly strong, but Tor hadn't done anything to even deserve this small offer of consolation. Tor was immediately reminded of her little sister from the cold tundra where she had lived. A petite thing, the sister had her mother's beautiful grace and her father's striking coat. Her voice was silky and inquisitive, pure innocence and childish curiosity, and the dark blue eyes adorning her cute face. Such a sweet soul Tor had never seen, even compared to Tor's purity of heart herself.

"Do not apologize, for you have nothing to apologize for. I'm Tor, wanderer of here and there, healer of those who need it, seeker of companionship. I must say, you do smell quite new to these lands. I can help explain a bit of this crazy world, if you like, Heights." Tor let the words slide casually from her muzzle, and waited. She did not sense any sense of danger from the smaller mare, but would not push boundaries. The mare seemed fragile somehow, as if ready for danger from any and all aspects of Helovia. "I've lived here for quite a few years, and even I must admit I become confused at times." The tobiano smiled faintly, warm eyes inquisitive but not pressing of Wuthering Heights. The name was quite lengthy, but it had a nice ring to it.

"blah blah blah."
move move move
think think think

TOR

Unregistered

Her duo eyes sparked with a shy interest. A healer? "Do you heal with magic?" The idea was enthralling. Ever since she was little, she relished the thought of magic. She took a step closer to Tor, now having the feeling of partial safety come across her in the mares presence. Heights. Her lips tipped up in a genuine smile. No one had ever called her that. "Please, this place... Helovia," she said the name with a slight look of wonder in her eyes, "It's different than my home land."

Such a difference, she preferred it. Though walking through these lands, she still felt fear of the shadows. It was a grim coincidence that she was destined to live in the shadows of her blind eye. Her left ear constantly swiveled where her left eye could not see while she watched Tor with her good eye. "Well, it's nice to know that I'm not the only horse to be caught up in the majesty of this place." It was nice talking to another horse without extra appendages though. Less distracting. Besides, seeing those glorious wings, it gave her an ache that was non other than jealousy.

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

The mare's mismatched eyes seemed to take on a new sparkle, a new ember of curiosity embedded in their depth. For a brief moment, Tor wondered, really, who was this mare. Harmless and genuine, as she appeared? "You must trust, for if you don't trust anyone, you will never trust yourself. And there are always choices, little sweetling." Tor recalled the serious words of her father. So, right now, she took them to heart and listened with a keen ear.

"Do you heal with magic? Well, it's nice to know that I'm not the only horse to be caught up in the majesty of this place." Tor let a smile shape her gray lips, and let her warm brown eyes take in the mare's constantly flicking ear. Must be to make up for her loss of sight. A pang of sorrow cut through the tobiano. Maybe she could heal the lost sight... no. Maybe. Maybe maybe maybe. If if if. If it was from an old wound, maybe it could be healed. But perhaps better not to offer, in case of digging up old wounds. And besides, Tor didn't really know this mare at all.

"Yes, I do heal with magicks. Let's see... well. Helovia is, I know, west to Anarore. What Anarore is, apart from a name, I don't know. I've never bothered to check, in case of a hot desert, which would be most unwelcome. As for Helovia itself, it is made up of a number of regions, but perhaps the most well-known and inhabited are the World's Edge, the Dragon's Throat, Windtossed Foothills and the Deep Forest. The deep forest has no herd inhabiting it, but is common to those nicknamed 'Outcasts', such as myself. As to why we are called Outcasts, I am unsure of. The World's Edge belongs to the unicorns, and I'm afraid you've arrived at a rather chaotic time. At the moment, a band of Outcasts, called the Qian, is invading the World's Edge. The outcome is still unannouced." Tor shrugged apologetically. Truly, there wasn't much else she could say about that frontier. "Hmm. Oh, yes. The Gods. You may have heard about them; there are always a couple of words going around about them. They are, in fact, flesh and blood. Immortal flesh and blood, yes. Incredibly magical powerful flesh and blood, definitely. They have the ability to grant wishes, to give one magic. That is how I acquired my magic healing ability, although before I used basic remedies, such as healing mud found in the Spectral Marsh, splints, et cetera."

Tor inhaled deeply, letting the sweet air filter through her muzzle. She shifted her weight, resting a huge golden hoof. There really wasn't much else to say. Not that she could recall, anyways. Wait- "But despite all the magic floating around, most won't harm a stranger. The few that do..." Tor was reminded strongly of Psyche. "Deserve to rot in the flames of the Sun God. There are a couple of hints about racist unicorns running about, but I think racism runs in every breed, most unfortunately." That was all Tor could think of. Now she could only wait for Wuthering Height's probably shellshocked reply with that overdose of information.

"blah blah blah."
move move move
think think think

TOR

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable
*bumps gently*