[OPEN] Pride and Presents

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
Rhoa
Like ships in the night

[Rhoa and two NPC's are just dropping off some armor! They have left:

One set of spiked metal front boots/polo's and one set of lightweight metal armor]

I don't feel special, I feel like an errand-boy. Some might think that I have been given a task far above my pay grade, that perhaps it should be Meg and Einarr leading this expedition rather than just the boy-son of the Khal. I feel like I am being used, not raised up. This is a fools task, something meant to seem important when it fact it is not.

But I go anyways, for I am Rhoa, son of Gaucho and Sohalia, and always faithful to my herd and my Father shall I be.

I glide easily with two members of our herd behind me. It will take at least a day to reach the Basin, likely more. I am glad that the Sun is still fairly close in the skies and that our feathers and the air stay warm. The last thing I would want is to venture this far north in the dead of winter. How do they even live up here? The Basin? Do they have fires constantly burning like we have in the Throat? Why would anyone chose such a desolate existence? Although I suppose the same could be said of the Throat, now that we are an island.

Finally I see the mountains looming ahead. They look great and impenetrable, and suddenly I feel very, very small. Although I would never admit it, these mountains look far more intimidating and impressive than our island home.

"Here-" I mumble uncertainly, lowering our descent path. I am sure Father gave orders to the other two to remain silent and simply do as I ask; a false sense of leadership I suppose. Nevertheless, I am grateful for the silence. I see the sentinels ahead, Father has warned me of these. I inch as close as I dare, not wanting to unknowingly be incinerated for getting too close. I don't see anyone, but I suppose that is alright. Father told me that he told Ophelia we would come and leave them a gift. Surely they will be on the look out, and I very much doubt anyone would be stupid enough to steal from the Basin.

Depositing the armor - two pieces created by our crafters, I shuffle my wings.

"We will rest in a ways back for a few hours. Then depart for the Edge."

I am surprised how strong my voice sounds, even though my body feels weak. Perhaps leadership suits me more than I think.

Image Credits

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time

The daughter of darkness moved through her home, eyes scanning the horizon and the mountain peaks as she patrolled. The tensions were high as they held the Hidden Fall's lead stallion prisoner, and there would be no security breach under her watch. She was a warrior, an assassin in nature, and her duties would not falter. She had nothing else to do, no one to see, no one to hold, and so she patrolled. She moved from sun up till sundown, scanning the borders and the entrance and admiring the sentinels that Ulrik had created. They were glorious creatures that aided in the safety of their home, and Aviya would be forever grateful for their existence. In the distance, as Aviya rounded a corner from outside the entrance, she saw the pegasus figures move away from their entrance. Fury flamed through her black coat as she took off, a high-tailed gallop sending her toward the mountain path. The pegasi were moving away she realized, however, and she slowed her assault. A high kneed, quite arabian like trot, brought her to their gifts.

Lowering her pale face, Aviya sniffed and snorted at the armor and the boots. She remembered Deimos returning home with Confutatis' bone armor, but this steel armor was more reminiscent of the armor that the Lady Ophelia wore. Her ears flicked atop her head and she paced some in her place, lifting her head to look around. No one was around to aid her, and so she slipped her head down. The armor came over her neck with ease and slid comfortably into place on her body. It was lightweight and as she gathered the boots up and moved into the Basin entrance, she felt comfortable with its weight on her.

Keep your head down
Untill I tell you to speak