the Rift

[OPEN] vampire smile

Ísfold Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I try to suppress my yawn but it escapes my lips eventually. My eyes feel quite tired and I have to blink a few times before I can focus on things around me. I noticed the sun has begun to rise, though no so much that the heat is starting to get overwhelming. It is still “chilly” enough. I am not surprised but I have noticed how tired I am all the time in Dragon’s Throat. Being hyper-aware all the time living in the cold mountains was quite the contrast to this dry place here, that I now called my home. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t proud of myself, to find myself here. My mind might still wander to darker places, but this was still a step in the right direction. Though why did I always feel guilty?

After a while my thoughts start to wear me out and I force myself to my feet. My coat feels sticky and dirty so before going any further I make an attempt of shaking it off. It still feels quite clammy but I won’t bother for now, I was heading towards some water anyways. My ears shift around me as I try catch he sounds around me, though I am having a hard time focusing on something specific. After a while I stop bothering and go back to visiting my dear thoughts. I sometimes wonder if I have grown numb due to all the pain I have endured in the last few months. It varies whether my heart clenches in pain or just feels heavy in my chest. Today I am not feeling much pain, mainly just the heaviness … though I guess it can be argued that it is pain as well.

A relief washes over me when I reach, what I assume is the lake. My feet move towards it excitedly, longing for the coldness and the freshness the water brings. The long white fetlocks on my legs float for a second as I step into the lake, though soon they get wet and begin to sink to the bottom. The water splashes around me as I continue forward, though I try to make little noise. When the water reaches my knees I fold my front legs and the rest of my small frame follows. Soon enough the water flows slowly over my back, my rump and neck sticking out of the water. The water is not as cold as I wished but is cold enough, it will get warmer over the day so this is probably as good as it gets. I watch with my left eye as the ripples move away from my body and fade out eventually. I manage to occupy my mind for a moment though after a few moments the thoughts begin to plague my mind once more. It is an exhausting progress trying to run away from your thoughts.

The water splashes all around me as my hooves press against the bottom of the lake and push my frame out of the water. I shake my body to get rid of the water that clings to my fur, the long hairs on my body cling to my frame, as if they are afraid of going back into the water. I remain knee deep in the water as I drop my head and begin to drink the water, feeling the dryness in my mouth fade away with every sip.

ooc :: open for anyone! Ísfold is attempt [not so much in this post] in being a bit more social :]
@[Rei], @[Gaucho], @[Alija]

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
C
A
T
H
U
N

On the subject of running from thoughts, Cathun was slowly becoming something of an expert in the art. There were good and less good sides to it of course. For one he kept himself from brooding and kept himself busy with chores around the herd, and for the other he was settling in with this new land and spent a lot of time getting to know the natives. On the other hand, he ended up pushing important things ahead of himself. Procrastination might be fine when dealing with trivial things, but not in a race against time where being too late would mean 'game over' in a very real sense. He was impatient to get going with the search to find someone who could mend his seal, yet Cathun was disinclined to do anything without Amaris. She had promised to help him, and so a twisted sense of loyalty kept him from reaching out to the herd craftsmen on his own. That would be the first step. After that...

That's where he usually started looking for different topics to occupy himself with. This particular morning the colt decided that a bath would be the perfect excuse, and he spent a good while swimming languidly around the lake, enjoying the coolness while doing his utmost to think about... well, nothing at all. It was divine.

As he returned towards the shore, he found company waiting for him. A creamy little mare shook water from her coat just as he waded up on shallower ground, and like the gentleman he was the grullo waited until she had finished drinking before he spoke up, addressing her with a quiet smile.

"Good morning. Do you mind if I join you?"

He didn't bother shaking the water from his frame, just let it slowly seep from mane and tail as he made to join the mare. He was pleasantly surprised to find that she was equine, like himself - it hadn't taken him long to realize that this was a herd dominated by the winged, and it was hard not to feel relieved to discover that he wasn't alone in being tied to the earth. Wingless, flightless - different.

@[Ísfold]

Image Credit

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!