the Rift

[DROP] Green Glass Doors [Common SS]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Fog.
Fog.
Fog!

Besides the tip of her nose and the ground beneath her paws nothing was visible to her. It was almost as if the gods themselves had sent the clouds from the skies down to the ground. Or perhaps it was because the clouds had been so laden with rain that they merely sunk? Whatever the cause was, no one could deny the fact that white colored air hanging around was thicker than molasses in the middle of winter. Nobody could really see around the area. Beings could be walking straight off of a cliff side and not know it until they were plummeting to their death.

That was why she stayed right where she was. Not only was the white wolf comfortable laying upon a mossy rock, she was perfectly content with keeping her life.

But she knew other creatures were not all so wary for their lives. Black eyes looked upon the small ovate object that was nestled between her front legs. The femme wasn't sure how many would come exactly thanks to the weather, but she figured at least a couple would.

Hours seemed to tick by as she waited within the mysterious confines of the fog. For a moment, she wondered if it would ever lift or if anybody would come but then a few began to trickle into her little clearing within the grounded clouds.

Once more than enough had gathered, the she-wolf looked over her options. Many times did her mind prod and poke at a few who lingered within the crowd. This one her thoughts would say to one person. No, this one! She would think mere seconds later. But instead of just outright choosing somebody to take the egg, she would have a little fun and see who would deserve the egg from there.

“Congratulations,” her soft voice rang out as a smirk formed upon her maw and her eyes gleamed with a feeling of sharp cunning, “You all are foolish enough to travel in this blinding haze.”

Surely, some would take offense to what she had just said, but she had no cares for mannerisms of the equine variety.

“While you all are here though, let's have some fun.”

Right after she said the word game the fog next to her began to twist and swirl until eventually it fabricated into some sort of structure. It was green and partially see through and tall. Intricate designs seemed to be etched into its surface and upon closer inspection the equines would notice that it was a set of doors. Green. Glass. Doors.

“These are the green glass doors,” The white wolf began, “There is a ruling as to what can go through them. Perhaps some of you have the smarts to figure it out?”

Her gaze looked out across the crowd and then back to the egg. One of them would be lucky enough to get the egg – but who?

“A rabbit can go through the doors, but a hare cannot. Your teeth can go through the doors, but your face cannot. A tree can go through the doors, but a branch cannot. The Moon can go through the doors, but the Sun cannot. Sleet can go through the doors, but water cannot,” her smirk grew bigger as she continued, “What is the rule? Have any of you figured it out yet?”

Hopefully there was at least one person among the crowd who had a decent mind about them. Otherwise, what was she going to do with the egg? She couldn't exactly keep it now could she? And she didn't want to give it to somebody who would probably kill it within a few days of getting it. No...somebody out there had to have at least some wits about them and she would find that one.

Characters must give an answer to what they think the rule is to the Green Glass Doors.

This is a drop for a COMMON SPECIES SPECIFIC companion. So Dragon, Griffin, Zephyr, or Rougarou.
This is a multi-part drop.
Respond within 72 hours.
All prior refusals must be included in your first post but only for SS mythical companions. The companions must have been on your wishlist for 30 days, or you must have a new character with a new wishlist to participate.

words

Image Credits

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Heaving chest of the sea
Carry both of us
Carry her, carry me

Einarr flapped his wings hard, legs tucked in to his belly. He soared high above the lands, ken eyes searching down on the lands below him for signs of danger. There was trouble brewing all over this world, and Einarr's job was to keep it out of the Throat. He protected the Throat with his life, especially now that his precious daughter lay within the borders. She was growing and learning everyday, but she was still but a babe. Einarr would not let any more harm befall on her--her birth experience was enough trauma for the girl to face for a lifetime. The warden would never forget the rage that filled every inch of his heart and soul when he watched the brindled mother throw her daughter to the wayside by the wing, the intention to kill painted clear as the rising sun on her scarred face. The black stallion would never regret taking the life of Mordecai's birth mother, for it saved her life and gave her a new mother--the one she deserved--Megaera. The puny bay mare was a fierce mother, ready to lay her life to sacrifice in order to save Mordecai, and Einarr trusted her. It had been difficult at first, of course, having just watched another mare attempt to kill the black filly, but Einarr had learned to give his faith to the warrioress.

The stallion looked down on the earth, watching the fog roll in. However, the sight of a white wolf just sitting without purpose (or so it seemed) made Einarr tip his ing and descend into the fog. He landed in the field with heavy hooves, head high and eyes bright and curious. He strode toward the wolf, tail flickingin the fog behind him as it wrapped all the way up to his underbelly. The man tucked his wings in to his sides and stood before the wolf, tilting his head some in his curiousity. The wolf began to speak and Einarr's ears pressed forward. The wolf spoke with words that twisted Einarr's mind, but the gears churned nonetheless in his mind. The excellent thing, he found, about learning language was to spell the words. It seemed, today, this slowness of language processing would aid him well. "Double letter." The stallion finally blurted out, looking up towards the wolf's eyes. "Einarr go through the door, but pegasus not go through the door." He seemed quite proud of himself, tail flicking some and chest puffing.

[Prior refusals: #1 | Wishlist]

EINARR

aud is a boss

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
C
A
T
H
U
N

The mist was thick, pale, seemingly endless, and it descended upon him from nowhere. It never ceased to amaze him just how quickly the seasons changed. Not long ago the sun had been a white-hot orb without mercy upon the sky that rendered the air stifling hot and the ground dry as tinder. A few storms later the winds felt cold at night and the light of day had grown paler, so much so that the yellow light of the Diviner's flame was a welcome addition even at noon. Right now Cathun couldn't even say for sure what time of day it was. The fog had a way of scattering the light until it came from all around him and nowhere, as though the drifting droplets themselves were glowing softly.

Just like everything else in this land, it reeked of magic.

If he could the grullo would have left, but no matter what direction he chose it led to the same place. He had lost count of how many times he had returned to the same spot, how many times he had turned away and nearly galloped away for the tingly, pricking, painful sensation that made the hairs on his back stand up.

This time, the spot was occupied. Or perhaps she had been there all along and he had been unable to see her, sense her. Knowing for sure was impossible. All he knew was that instead of turning to run at the sight of a predator his knees locked themselves in place as shudders washed over him, a cold and horrible dread suppressed only by pride and a refusal to make a fool out of himself.

He feared to wolf in the mist, but feared the consequences if he left ahead of time more.

Time passed, or stood still, or ran around itself in circles as he stood there, dark against the white backdrop, veiled and blanketed until the embers falling from coiling tassels hissed and sizzled at the moisture. When the first figure appeared the young stallion flinched, turned and opened his mouth to speak - but something stifled the words on his tongue, bade him not break the silence. Hesitantly he clipped the jaws together again and resorted to a courteous nod instead, one that was soon followed by another, and more still. Bewildered Cathun stared between the gathering horses - horned, winged, plain, of all shapes and sizes and ages - and the wolf, clueless as to what was going on.

Then she spoke, and his attention was diverted to the glimmering, intelligent eyes and the smooth voice, as misty as the surrounding landscape.

Games? A riddle? No way, Cathun just wanted to leave and go, return to Dragon's Throat and get Amaris to explain more about the weather patterns of this land so he could avoid getting stuck in more situations like this.

Ah, but... Wasn't it a really simple riddle? Surely a creature of her apparent wit would be able to come up with something better. Despite himself the long-legged colt reached down to pick up a twig and began scrawling on the ground, creating patterns that seemed random but that apparently made sense to him. Humming to himself he squinted at the patterns - no symbols - and then at the doors, stubbornly suppressing a dire need to freak out every time he gazed upon them.

"Hm, like I thought" he mumbled quietly. Gazing around he waited to see if someone else would raise their voice first, and as a black pegasus proved daring enough Cathun followed suit and took a few cautious, hesitant steps toward the she-wolf, speaking quietly - it seemed inappropriate to raise the voice too much in this place.

"It's the spelling of the words" he breathed, in a single instance revealing his knowledge of a skill that was relatively rare in Helovia. He could read. "The ones able to pass the Green Glass Doors are the things with double letters to their word."

Cathun paused, swallowed as he waited for a reaction, then added hastily; "Can I please go home now?" He hoped he didn't sound as pathetic as he felt. He really wasn't comfortable with all this magic around.

_________________________________________________-

Seeking ::[Companion: Dragon | Toxic] Wishlist No previous refusals.

Image Credit

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: #f1d485;}</style>

Fog twisted around my small navy frame as I pulled away from the island that I called home. It seemed like Alija was getting more comfortable with my exploring, thankfully. Not that her disapproval had stopped me before, but it wasn't any fun coming home to get scolded when all I hoped to do was curl up in a warm nest of sand and sleep until it was time for my next adventure. Navy tipped harks flicked forwards as baby blues were kept moving in hopes of being able to see whatever it was I could easily run into in the thick fog. It was pointless though, the pale fog rolled around me in a sea of endless white as I moved forward the fog only parting slightly when navy striped pistons tore through the clouds.
Two dark frames stood out in the mist, their silhouettes shivering and blurry in the insanely low visibility and for all I knew they were dangerous and someone that would harm a child without so much as thinking twice. But the possibility of danger just made the idea of heading in the direction of the two creatures even more exciting. The corners of my navy stained kissers turned up into a smirk as my route changed and I found myself in the company of two older stallions. One of which I knew was a warrior at the Throat and he spoke very similarly to the Wildfire, the grullo on my other side was a stranger to me and he seemed more uncomfortable than anyone I had ever met. Blues shifted and settled on the white frame of the she-wolf, nearly glad to see that the party I had just interrupted had another stranger.
It didn't take long for others to trickle in, all shapes and walks of life gathered around the mysterious beauty of the white wolf who had an egg resting happily between her stretched out paws. Surely the egg was why everyone was gathering right? A chance to have your soul bonded to another was such an exciting thought I couldn't imagine just walking away from this chance. “Congratulations, you all are foolish enough to travel in this blinding haze.” Maroon banded feathers shuffled happily against each other maybe some would consider it foolish to have travelled out in these intense conditions, but weather was something I found myself drawn too, as was adventure. “While you all are here though, let's have some fun.” While she spoke the fog on her side began to twist and form in an unnatural way, the pale white being transformed into an emerald green and taking the shape of doors. “These are the green glass doors there is a ruling as to what can go through them. Perhaps some of you have the smarts to figure it out? A rabbit can go through the doors, but a hare cannot. Your teeth can go through the doors, but your face cannot. A tree can go through the doors, but a branch cannot. The Moon can go through the doors, but the Sun cannot. Sleet can go through the doors, but water cannot. What is the rule? Have any of you figured it out yet?”
The group of animals fell silent for a moment while everyone mulled over the answer of the riddle. Silence didn't last long as the two stallions alongside me spoke up and offered the answer to their riddle. Once they finished speaking I allowed my own, childish voice to be added to the mix. "The grown ups are both right, only double lettered words are able to go through the doors. But...the letters that are doubled must be side by side in order for them to go through. I hesitated for a second, sucking a deep breath before continuing, hoping that I was correct in my musing and wouldn't be sent home without the treasure the she-wolf was hoarding. "Bees may go through, but insects will be stopped at the door." Banded wings pulled in tight to my sides as I waited to see what other clever answers they would come up with.

"Speech."
Tag;;
Words;; 691
Notes;; Hoping for a Phoenix Zephyr, would like to use one of my extra VOTG rolls here! Says that only double lettered words in which the letters are side by side may go through. Bees may go but insects may not.
Wishlist;; link

Hertz
thunderstruck
- credits :: credits -
Please tag me in all posts!

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

I never thought I'd die alone
I'm too depressed to go on
You'll miss me when I'm gone

Fog was no surprise, nor was it out of the ordinary. The Heavenly Fields cloaked themselves behind a shield of low-lying clouds whose empty bellies laid close to the ground, scraping themselves across jagged rocks and grass blades like scalpels that cut through their bodies as if it was made of butter. Sikeax had come to tend to what remained of her sunburns, rolling in the lavish, sick fields that slowly withered at the deadly hands of a coming Frostfall. A change of scenry and climate was a welcome thing, like a vacation.
When the fog did roll in, Sikeax's first idea was to rest instead of wandering aimlessly through the mass. Light from her horn, commonly useful, was a nuisance within the turblent, ghostly blanket. It hit the fog and bounced directly back into her eyes, blinding her. In such a situation, paired with the location's ability to produce cliffs right under the nose of those who dare linger there, Sikeax could easily find herself dead in a way that wasted life far too much.
She would remain smart and alive even if it meant taking risks and being more than patient.
Water vapor clotted out most of the scents in the area. Possibly a good thing, as if the champagne mare had smelt the wolf long before she discovered them, she would of fled the area altogether and vowed to ignore the fields until some time had passed.
The whole reason of her moving was to defecate. Her original space had been lost when she left, and in search of somewhere new to hide, she discovered the wolf.
Instinct squealed in the back of her head. RUN. DANGER. The fight or flight response prepared itself to kick, the mare snorting once and pawing the ground, tail flickering in a harsh, violent manner.
Then came the doors.
Puzzled, her brows gathered themselves up and she steps backwards, untrusting of the new objects. Multiple bodies gather around her and she releases her worries into them, allowing their presences to engulf her and soothe her fears. A riddle brings them together.
She has never been good with riddles, recalling every word over in her thoughts and trying to crack the code.
Rabbit. Hare. Teeth. Face. Tree. Branch. Moo-
Seeing double?

"Is it that there is double of something to those that may pass? The letters and wording?"
It's a good shot. For the most part, she still doesn't understand it. Would the branch not pass through with the tree if the branch was part of the tree? It was best not to talk philosophy with a wolf, seeing that philosophy could lead to anger and dislike of once friends. The wolf could easily see her as a meal, slightly overcooked.
"I'll go with the double letters, please."
Well, at least she wasn't dinner for the time being.

OOC: Double letters is Sikeax's choice.
Wishlist
Sikeax is here for a Rougarou with a Water ability.

Previous Refusals:
Refusal 1
Refusal 2
Refusal 3
Refusal 4
Refusal 5

Word Count: 311 words.

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
S
Y
R
E
N
A
She had not exactly meant to stumble across the little group in the fog, she wasn’t exactly sure where she was going. Syrena had been seeking out the ocean when she had left the Falls, craving the closeness that it provided to her as she wrapped herself within that immense body of water. But before long, she had realized that her path was leading her higher in altitude rather than lower. Curiosity and the blindness that the fog provided caused her to continue on the path, rather than risk turning around.

Besides, she had never been up here before. Perhaps there was something interesting, a river or a pond atop the mountain. She had never bathed this high into the sky before - much of a shame it would be that no one else would be around to watch her.

However, that plan was interrupted. While wandering through the crowd she came upon them, spying the oddly coloured horses standing around before she saw the wolf.

It wasn’t even the egg that drew her attention at first - recently she had been rather curious about wolves. Both Essetia and Ghost had companions of the species and she wondered if all wolves in Helovia were as tame as those two had seemed. There wasn’t any real concern about her well-being when she approached this one, because the others were there and if anyone was going to be eaten by the pale wolf - it would be the colt.

Syrena joined the group, careful to leave a noticeable amount of distance between hers and all of the others - putting her toward the back of the pack. She could still hear just fine, however, and would not allow her voice to be drowned out. Would this be like the visit they had received from the harpy in the caves?

Besides, there was the egg to consider - and the riddle of the green doors. Syrena tried not to pay much attention to the answers given by the others as she tried to figure it out on her own - what would they know. And she certainly wanted to see if she could think of something that they missed, these lowly creatures.

In the end, regrettably, her conclusion about the rule was the same as the rest. “The double letters gives them passage.” She added her own sweet voice to that of the crowd, the taste bitter in her mouth. Last time they had all been able to come up with unique answers and she had been able to show off.

Image by Michael Matti at Flickr
Table by Sevin

seeking rougarou with water ability!
wishlist: here
prior refusal: there
would also like to use 1 of the extra VOTG rolls on my prize list please!

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

WAKING UP TO ASH AND DUST
WIPE MY 'BROW AND SWEAT MY RUST

The magic, the damned magic. It called, singing a twisted hymn until Colt was ensnared, ignoring her need for dominance and her urge to vanquish those who were impure, she bolts forward eagerly at the call of the magic. She fled from the Threshold with her steel sights focused on the horizon as it crept into her field of vision, bursting through the trees and finding herself in a field, she halts. Blood roaring in her darkened ebony ears she slips forward, trying to see what exactly was calling to her. As she got closer, darkened outlines of others could be seen, big and small alike, winged and horned as well.

Much to her surprise, a gathering of various species (how sick) crowded around a she-wolf who guarded an egg. A riddle spoken from the black-eyed canine sends Colt leaning in to listen closely, repeating it over in her mind, turning over every stone until she found herself stumped. A rabbit may pass through, but a hare cannot? The moon may pass, but the sun cannot? Sleet may, but water cannot? And it comes down upon Colt like hail from clouds, hitting her repeatedly as she stood and surveyed the others. "Two of the same letters that appear side by side may be accepted through the doors. There are hints within the name too, green glass door." She emphasizes the double vowels and consonants as she talks, eyeing the hound with intent on taking the egg as her own. It was a need, an immense want for the egg placed so carefully between the wolf's paws. She wanted it as her own, to find it hatching open to reveal the one thing her father was so fearful of, a dragon with impenetrable scales and fiery breath. Oh yes, when she gets herself a big beautiful dragon, she can scream out to the heavens, "look at me now father! Fear me!" And with her reptilian familiar she would rule through fear, a tyrannical leader with her sadistic little pet to keep her company. How grand.
"TALK TALK TALK"
ooc wishlist
seeking a dragon with fire breath ability
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
It would seem a great many from the Throat would travel to the Fields on this day. Perhaps it was the pull of the heavenly feel of it, the vicinity it put one to the Lord they all worshipped, however openly or obviously - they all lived in his realm, and so they all paid thanks to him in some way.

The girl wandered not by the wings on her shoulders, but the limbs that stretched, long and slender, from her barrel. Granted, she did not spend the entire time on the ground - truthfully, she was following her new friend and brother, though his tracks were more than a few hours old. As she ascended up the mountainside of the Fields, she noticed the strange, thickening mist that dripped down from the Fields' lofty perch. It made the air taste different - it reminded her of the land she was born in, only there was no salt in the air.

Her ears pricked, and she found herself sidling up to the silver-black form of Cathun, her lithe body rubbing itself along his barrel and shoulder, her left wing brushing against his spine as she breathed a greeting to him. But most of her attention was on what everyone else was watching - the wolf, who guarded a very precious package.

Amaris had seen enough of them to know what it was. An egg, and within it - who knew? She had heard of a great many things hatching from their depths, and she knew vaguely of the bond generated between the - her magic allowed her to create similar with the spirits she called back from that otherplace.

Listening carefully to the words the wolf spoke, and the responses given, the girl was in agreement with most of their assessments of the riddle. With a graceful nod, she awaited her turn to speak, and when she did, it was with soft, melodic tones.

"Hooves can go through the doors, but your legs cannot." With a question behind her eyes she tilted her tiara, hoping she was right.

Amaris comes to the same conclusion as the others, words containing 2 letters adjacent to each other may pass, others may not.
348 words
wishlist
:: [Companion: Rougarou]
Refusals: 1 2
With water ability.
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
The path was steep, but the fog made it worse. In my entire life, I had never seen so much fog. I traveled cautiously, my snout inches from the ground, my eyes glancing downwards as I moved. This was merely a precaution to be sure there were no roots or rocks that were unevenly jutting out from the otherwise flat land. It would be horrible and painful to fall tumbling off the cliff or back down the steep trail. With a loud huff, I made it to the top, only to find a large wolf standing there, within a crowd of horses.

The mysterious wolf began speaking, and I listened intently. She made a remark about foolishness, but I shrugged it off. I wasn't really in a "let's fight off all the bullies" mood. I just wanted to listen and here this creature out. She spoke of a game with green glass doors, one I had already heard of previously. My friend from back home had frequently told me riddles, and I would solve every one of them. From riddles like "the magic number is four" to ones about missing dollars. Inwardly, I smiled. I was happy my intellect could be put to use. As I formed another part to the riddle in my mind, I also wondered what had attracted all of us horses together. Was this wolf's presence magical? Had some unseen force driven us all here?

"Geese may pass, but birds may not." Geese was a words with a repeating consecutive letter whereas birds was not. You see, to pass through the doors, one would need an object that had two of the same letters side by side. Another part could be, stallions may pass, but males cannot. A giraffe may pass, but animals may not. I wasn't sure why the wolf desired to know this, but it was entertaining and this wasn't bad company.

I saw two fucking huge stallions, both had to be above seventeen hands high. I saw a youth, a reptilian looking horse, an equine, and a few others. I'd not met any of these horses before, though all seemed friendly enough, or maybe that is just how my mind made them out to be. Whatever the case, I'd like to continue thinking the best of strangers. You cannot judge a book by it's cover, after all.

Wish list: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=15657
She would like a male dragon with frost ability (green in color) :3
Words with two of the same letters next to each other may go through, but if there are no double letters next to each other, it is not allowed to pass.

EDIT: I would also like to use my extra roll from SWP :p
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
Into opalescent cloud they had descended, mirror pools of pitch and obsidian—like black eyes gazing out from a porcelain face, eerie and out-of-place.

It didn't bother her as much as it once might've. With the turning of the seasons, she had come to grow more into herself, filling out her frame (slowly but surely!), sinew waxing to muscle and thin flesh to voluptuous curves. It was an odd sensation, but benign in its foreign taint, and it felt... good. Like she was finally beginning to grow up; finally beginning to be... someone to be reckoned with. And with her gradual aging—though she did not know it—not only was her delicate body flowering but the sharpness of her mind, the edge of her thoughts.

Unlike in the idyllic days of their youth, her dragon tended to stay away from the contortions and knots of her mind, choosing to prowl amongst the edges. His wariness, a reek of caution which ebbed and flowed, was much like that of a toddler's crawling through a rosebush. It would be far too easy to cut himself on the malicious edge of a thorn.

Privately, buried away within the tumultuous soil of her decaying thoughts, she harbored a deep-rooted and sickly pride of this. Once, she had feared her companion's ability to influence her, the the lecherous touch of his metaphorical hand on her's—but now, it was she who suckled on the bittersweet milk of Lil's worries.

The scent of bodies, warm and moist, cloying in her nostrils, was what drew her and her dragon forth, a perverse curiosity singing a siren's call through her veins. Through the shadows and light alike they wove, silent wraiths—Lilómiel's natural tendency towards chirps and shrills silenced abruptly by the firmness of Nym's will—unheard, unseen, and unknown. The last few times such a dense mass of scents had crossed their paths, it had resulted in the capture of a queen's egg; Nymeria, the seeds of her ambition growing, was unwilling to give up the possibility of such grandeur again. So on they went, meandering and ambling at a deceptively slow pace, whereas behind the fabrications of her thin illusions she took all shortcuts and never wasted a breath.

When they arrived, the skull-faced daughter could not claim surprise. You never knew what you would find; not here in Helovia, where magic spilled from every seam and companions abounded from every cavern.

Brows furrow and flex in puzzlement to hear the riddle rolling out, her weight shifting in a mesmerizing flicker across her body. Of course she didn't know how to write, or the nature of letters and words; Confutatis, strangely, had never had such interest in those arts. Still, despite her lack of understanding for what is at hand, she takes no chances. Each other individual gathered 'round, competing, murmurs out declarations of double letters and repeated consonants-and-vowels—so she replicates, duplicates, and copies. "As the others have said—the two letters. You need double letters to pass."
Pick off my petals
and make my heat explode 'cause I've been saving all my summers for you
image credits

OOC: Edited to add in Wishlist—preferably a red dragon with frost ability.
Refusal I

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 2dtakqb.jpg]
DIESEL
Scream for Me

Stepping through the fog felt practically comforting. No one ever said that shadows or nighttime were the only ways to hide. You might think that the fog would be suffocating, but instead I find it reviving. The moisture in the air is heavy, and it doesn't surprise me that my coat seems slightly damp. Out of nowhere, a white wolf appears in the dense fog, and between her paws lies an egg. I stop not far off and watch as others gather as well, though their forms are barely visible, and only the ones that are next to him are ones I can clearly make out. I see Colt, my partner in crime, and I deliver her a curt nod with a devilish smirk as well.

I turn my attention back to the white wolf and lower my head to watch her closely. Though I'd much like to gnaw at the nerves of the others, there is something more interesting demanding my attention. She lies upon a moss-covered rock, and after a short while begins to speak. Her first words are a sharp jab at the obvious lack of intelligence of those of us gathered. But instead of taking offense, I cannot help but chuckle. She insists on a game, and green doors begin to materialize out of the fog.

I may have thought this to be a silly exercise, except that it is a mind game, a game of intelligence - and those are my favorite games. The pretty wolf lists out the clues, and it doesn't take me long to understand, though picturing the items in my mind takes me a second longer than if perhaps I had seen it spelled out. I echo what others have already spoken. "It is what they have said. Those with a double letter in the name - a deer, a poodle, a raccoon - can pass through, others cannot." A small sigh passes through my nostrils like a rattle as I express almost silently my disappointment that she has not presented us with something more difficult. "Now please, give us a true mindbender!" My eyes glitter with the possibility of a challenge, and I glance around at the others to see if they are chomping at the bit as I am.

377 words
No prior refusals.
Wishlist, common dragon w/ toxic breath

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

I have to admit, with the the weight lifted of being Diviner... I could breathe a little easier. I found myself, able to frolic as if I was a child again. Most would still say at my age I am still a child... But in my short time i've been through more than most. That was why today I left the Throat and the warmth. The stories my mother told me of the Heavenly Fields had my attention. One story in particular. The one about my granddam Solstice, who was murdered up here by someone from the Basin. It's as I land, that I realize something is off. Momma had never said it was this foggy. I was lucky to of found the ground. At least I had wings to fly if I had gone to far.

Many many others had arrived before me, all looking to a she wolf... and an egg! Oh please let today be my lucky day! I have tried three times before, and failed each time. Or at the very least I had not been found to be the right one for that egg. I watch as two green glass doors appear out of the fog. I listen closely to the riddle, taking note as it seemed most had of what could get through the doors. "I agree with the rest. A heffer may pass but a cow may not, because of the lack of a double letter." My golden eyes fixed on the wolf, my gaze holding steady. Today was my day. I was going home with this egg. If not me, then hopefully at least one of the many gathered who also called the Throat home.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Wishlist [Companion: Zephyr | Phoenix ]
Refusals:

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"I'm gazing upward, a world I can't embrace..."

The golden colt turned silver eyes around searching for something to do today. The thought of the pretty field he had discovered with a stomp of his hoof, and clink of silver chains the colt started to run. One step. Two steps. Three steps, and lift off. The colt smiled as he soared through the air flapping large teal and silver wings. It didn't take him long to find where the field was, but it was covered in fog. Circling carefully, the boy shrugged before dropping to the ground. It defiantly wasn't one of his most graceful landings, but who could blame him for that? 'Hell I couldn't even see the ground!' He chuckled softly before freezing in place. A voice was floating towards him through the haze.

His muzzle snuffled, nostrils flaring curiously searching for any scent that would clue him in. The hybrid, could careless what the voice said. He figured it was just some grumpy old creature that didn't give a fuck. Instead he moved towards the voice wondering what was going on. It didn't take but a few seconds to find a small crowd, nobody he recognized, but that wasn't an issue either. Silver eyes caught sight of the green doors, and golden ears pricked curiously to catch the... wolf's words? Huh. Rolling his shoulders the colt listened intently. It didn't take him long to figure it out, but he bit his tongue listening to what everyone else had to say as well. His country lyrics sounded, "It only lets in things with double letters." He couldn't think of an example, but surely she understood what he meant.

I L I O S
My heart's an endless winter filled with rage...
image credit

Tags; @[]
Words; 272
OOC; Wishlist He wants a Rougarou with Flame Refusal I would like to use both of my EXTRA rolls! He says the door only lets in things with two of the same letters!
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
rhoa
i walk in the air
between the rain
through myself
& back again.
Apparently I am late to the party.

I have come because I was following Einarr. The last time I did, he inadvertently led me into one of the biggest adventures of my life: Rescuing baby Mordecai. I have never felt as brave as I did then, or at least thinking back on it that's how it made me feel. In the moment I was scared out of my mind, unsure of what to do. But now seeing her healthy and moving around the Throat (with Meg as a wetnurse no less!) I feel as though I actually did something good for once. And that's a feeling I wanted to hold onto.

So I had followed him here.

I'm sure he knew I was there - you don't get to be a decorated warrior like Einarr by being unable to pick out a gangly 2 year old following your movements, but he didn't seem to mind. I land by his side, folding my wings against my flanks and trying to stand as tall as he does. I listen to the question, and to his answer. I know I shouldn't be surprised by how clever he is, it's just the way that he speaks that makes him seem ... slower. I'm sure many think the same of Father, but all it takes is just listening to the things that he says to realize that he knows a great deal. He isn't just a warrior. He seems far smarter than he lets on.

"A double letter." I mumble in agreement, nodding along with the rest. Would I have come up with that on my own? Perhaps ... then again ... "But it has to be language specific. Because moon can go through, but jalan cannot - even though they both mean moon." I look to Einarr awkwardly. Is what I've said out of line? Everyone else just seemed to ... to agree with what was said. Gulping, I shut my mouth and stare at the white wolf, waiting to see if I would be cast away as I had with the bird lady.

Rhoa stands by Einarr and agrees with the double letter answer, but says that it's language specific.

Wishlist
Refusal 1
Refusal 2

Where?
I don't know.
darren criss. @ shine

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Curiously, the she-wolf listened to each and every individual as they answered. She knew that her first question and game was rather easy, but she surely didn't expect everybody to get the right answer. A yawn escaped her muzzle, revealing her sharp pearly whites. If the lupine creature wished to harm any who approached she certainly could, but luckily for those that came she meant no harm to any of them. Her eyes looked down to the egg that rested in front of her. Surely those that came had already seen it and guessed as to what her true intentions were.

She had heard Diesel exclaim to give them a true mindbender as he called it and her ears pinned backwards as she didn't appreciate his insolence. “I don't take kindly to impertinence so watch your tongue!” the she-wolf began chiding before simmering down to speak yet again, “Though it does seem I should come up with a harder game,” she murmured just loud enough for everyone to hear. A smirk grew and grew upon her lips as the next game of her's began to unfold within her head and her eyes darted between everybody that had gathered. She had the perfect 'mindbender' in mind.

Lazily, she stretched and changed her position from laying down to sitting upright. With a swish of her bushy white tail the image of the green glass doors swirled into oblivion and new images began to form from the misty haze.

“I turn polar bears white, and I'll make you cry,” images of a polar bear and an eye with a tear falling quickly appeared and then disappeared as new ones came forward. This time the images were of a guy and a girl, “I make guys have to pee, and girls comb their hair.”

The wolf's flashy teeth shone as she began to grin as she continued to recite her game, “I make celebrities look stupid and normal people look like celebrities,” images appeared differently to each and every person. Those that they considered infamous appeared to them and those that they considered normal appeared as well.

“I turn pancakes brown and make your champagne bubble,” images of a browning pancake and golden bubbly champagne in a glass flashed by as the she-wolf wove her riddle.

“It you squeeze me, I'll pop If you look at me, you'll pop.” An image appeared of two beings hugging with one exploding and then another of a being looking at an unknown entity and then exploding. Would those that gathered here be able to give the answer that the wolf was looking for? Hopefully, there would be at least a few.

“Can you answer this riddle?” The wolf's black eyes gleamed with a pride that was clearly visible to any who looked upon her, but the question remained: Would any be about to provide the answer that she wanted?

@[ILIOS] is disqualified. A Rougarou isn't on your wishlist. You were told to choose between your companions and you chose Hellhound. You cannot use this as a Refusal.

Solve the riddle provided and give your chosen answer. The riddle:

I turn polar bears white
And I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
And girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
And normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
And make your champagne bubble.
If you squeeze me, I'll pop.
If you look at me, you'll pop.
Can you answer this riddle?

Respond within 72 hours.

words

Image Credits

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
S
Y
R
E
N
A
Others come. A depressing amount of others, all clamouring for attention from the pale wolf (how many of them were there in Helovia?) with the egg. Everyone repeated the same answer that Syrena had given, although she can’t really say that they were all copying her because she was not the first one to speak up. Perhaps she influenced one of them, though, that certainly seemed rather likely.

The more that came, the more she shifted - careful to maintain a distance between all of them and herself. She loathed this, the socializing aspects that came with being a horse. Why did they all have to cluster so frequently? Could they not function as separate individuals?

She had made her peace with the idea of staying in Helovia, for now, but she must rethink her decision to stay in the Falls. Plentiful of water or not, there was too high of a population there for her to truly relax when she wished. Always performing! It was invigorating at times and incredibly taxing at others.

Thoughts of herself always calmed her down, and the sleek siren allowed such thoughts to entertain her while the rabble continued to show up and speak.

Eventually, the she-wolf began to speak again - a swish of her tail removing the green doors and bringing forth other images for them that went along with this new riddle. None of it, none of it at all, made any sense. None of the lines matched up with each other, some were just downright ridiculous. At least the previous riddle had a common thread tying them all together! The more the wolf spoke, the more Syrena grew agitated. This was no riddle, this was a trick! “No.” Her answer came bluntly, dark eyes only for the wolf. She would not make the mistake of the foolish child and speak to the wolf with insolence, but she would not sugar coat her response. “I cannot guess the riddle, the clues are insufficient and unrelated to one another.”
Image by Michael Matti at Flickr
Table by Sevin

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 2dtakqb.jpg]
DIESEL
Scream for Me

I should not find myself surprised by the she-wolf's reply. She does not like my jab, but I cannot help my sense of humor. Who doesn't like a sly, smart-ass reply? I pretend to take her reprimand to heart, letting a bit of shame slide across my face. But instead, I feel alive and eager for more. After all, she agrees that the first of her riddles was too easy. An inaudible chuckle passes my lips, but then I go silent for her to tell us the next riddle. I look at the others as she speaks, wondering if they are intelligent enough to guess the answer, to figure out the mind-twisting words. Of course I am sure a few of them may get it, but all? Green eyes gaze scornfully across them, and I turn away, lending a more pleasant gaze to the she-wolf. Of course I would not dare insult her. I am not entirely a fool (only slightly).

Images form in the haze as she speaks, illustrating each line of the riddle. When she has finished, I cannot help but stand there in silence. This riddle is harder, and the answer does not come to me immediately. In fact, I am not sure that there is an answer at all, and I work hard to keep a confused frown from forming on my scarred face. With an unsatisfied grunt, I provide my 'answer'. "No. I cannot answer your riddle." I am deeply dissatisfied with my answer but I have none other to give. I am not the first to answer this, and wonder if perhaps 'no' is the correct answer after all.

275 words

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The dragonmare was pleased that she wasn't to be sent away, please that her wits were as competent as the others who had arrived (and that her manners weren't scolded like others too). The large, dark crimson steed that had deigned to insult the toothy canine received nothing more than a silent glance from her, a moment of consideration before she returned her attention to the hound that guarded the precious package between its paws. More arrived, and they all concurred the answer to the wolf's first query. The girl was pleased, and a small smile touched her lips - though there was sadness behind her eyes. How many times had she seen something like this happen? How many times would she have to watch everyone compete for the sake of a companion, a soul to protect and guard? Both of the previous experiences she had had with companion eggs were not positive - she remembered all too clearly the blood that stained her hidden scythe, the terror and pain she had helped cause to end the life of creatures who were only living their lives the only way they knew how.

Surely this riddle-weaving wolf would be a much kinder experience?

As the girl listened to the canine speak once more, she watched in dismay as images of things she knew nothing of float past in the shimmering apparition before them. Creatures she did not recognise, doing things she did not understand, foodstuffs she had no idea about, embraces that resulted in nothing - truly, her mind was set awhirl with confusion, she was utterly perplexed. Others began to answer, and she barely heard what they said - she felt completely at a loss, she was ready to turn and leave without bothering to answer. With her mind so tense and worried, she had forgotten most of the riddle already, except for the last line.

Can you answer this riddle?

And then, everything that was running around her scattered mind fell into place, and she felt enlightened. With a sure glint to her eye, the girl hoped to make eye contact with the wolf, and speak her monosyllabic answer, and nothing else.

"No."

Amaris' answer is "No."

363 words
wishlist
:: [Companion: Rougarou]
Refusals: 1 2
With water ability.

Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: #f1d485;}</style>

Once the answer had fallen from navy stained lips baby blues took to looking around the fog ridden clearing. Only those close by were actually visible through the rolling pale mists, but there were many voices coming from the invisibility cloak. Dark tipped harks flicked forwards as I tried to catch on to everyone's words, wondering if there was a chance that someone had come up with some entirely different answer than it seemed the rest of us had figured out. Would the she-wolf be mad that we all got the answer right?
Blues moved back to the pale form and black eyes of the wolf, glancing momentarily to the egg as I tried to figure out what was in the smooth oval. But the canine spoke up again her barks filled the air with a new riddle one that was just as painful as the last one. If not more so.
"I turn polar bears white
And I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
And girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
And normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
And make your champagne bubble.
If you squeeze me, I'll pop.
If you look at me, you'll pop.
Can you answer this riddle?"

Between each line her magic caused a new shape to appear in the mists, but even with the visual aids I still wasn't sure what could cause all of these things to happen. Especially something like making the Wildfire look stupid, or Bucephalus to look like a celebrity. My weight shifted back and forth on my striped limbs as I listened carefully to the sharp-toothed canine's words until she reached the end and a sly grin spread across her features once again. Can you answer this riddle? Blue eyes snapped up to the pale dog's face as excitement billowed like smoke in my belly. The answer was quite plain now, of course there was no answer to the riddle! No one thing could cause all of those to happen. "No. The answer is no, I cannot answer your riddle." A wide grin spread across my navy dipped features as I stood there waiting to see what the next riddle would be!

"Speech."
Tag;;
Words;; 374
Notes;; Hoping for a Phoenix Zephyr, would like to use one of my extra VOTG rolls here! The answer to her question is "No"
Wishlist;; link

Hertz
thunderstruck
- credits :: credits -
Please tag me in all posts!

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Heaving chest of the sea
Carry both of us
Carry her, carry me

The pride that swelled his chest dwindled some, as horse after horse filed in and gave the same answer as he. The brute shifted uncomfortably, cloven hooves gently scraping against the firm ground beneath him. He pressed closer to Rhoa, moving his head to look down at the colt. He nodded a reassuring nod toward the boy, his dark amber eyes staring straight and confidently into the boy's azure gaze. He had been aware of the colt following him for a while. It was not unusual for young stallions to follow on the heels of older stallions to learn what the more experienced had to offer. Einarr, a warrior of blood and determination, had not given attention to the khalakka because the boy had simple not asked for it. Boys who wanted to learn needed to seek the men in their own time, and Einarr would not pry into his child's life unless he desired the older warrior to do so. Einarr was not unlike Rhoa. Though his own father had not been a Khal, he was a general. Einarr had followed closely in his father's footsteps, his destiny bringing him to the path of the bloodrider, of the Warden. He sought out his counsel, however, and learned well. The primitive stallion only could hope that Rhoa would choose to do the same.

Shifting again, Einarr looked back to the white wolf. She scolded a stallion in their party, and Einarr have a glance back at him. His brows knit together as his gaze swept back to the white wolf, now shifted into a more comfortable position it seemed. Breathing steadily, Einarr listened as the she-wolf began to ramble off another riddle. Images flashed before them in the wake of the disappearing green door, and the stallion was mesmerized. There was power within this she-wolf that went far beyond being a guardian of an egg, and Einarr was drawn to her. In his flicker of admiration, the inky stallion nearly lost the concept of her words. Clear confusion riddled his features as he stared hard at the she-wolf. The others around him seemed to fade away--all but Rhoa--as he listened.

The language barrier was stronger now that he had noticed in a while. In the Dragon's Throat many of the horses he encountered were patient with him as he spoke to them, and he assumed it was only because they were used to speaking with and listening to Gaucho. Frustration, however, rimmed the stallion's mind as the she-wolf stopped her riddle. Einarr shifted his eyes away, looking out into the distance as he thought. He was silent for some time, and the murmur of others giving their answers around him was given no mind. Einarr's lips wrinkled and he shifted his feathers. He was so angry in this moment. He did not want to look at the wolf, however, for she had scolded the stallion before. He did not want the wolf to believe Einarr was angry at her, for he was not. He was angry at himself for being unable to unlock and decipher her puzzling words. Defeated, Einarr breathed out his answer, "No, Einarr not answer riddle."

[Prior refusals: #1 | Wishlist]

EINARR

aud is a boss

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful