the Rift

[DROP] Green Glass Doors [Common SS]

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

WAKING UP TO ASH AND DUST
WIPE MY 'BROW AND SWEAT MY RUST

She spots Diesel, an exchange of wicked grins and nods allows her to feel better. At least she was recognized by someone here. Soon enough, she would be recognized by all, an emperor of a powerful kingdom that was feared for its sheer strength and numbers. A curious temptation causes Colt to survey those surrounding the white she-wolf, viewing the poor number of equines who had gathered. A large stallion, one who made Colt's body seem small and insignificant, her brows narrowing at the sight of him and the many others and their huge proportions, the only one she stood over being a small equine child who caught her eye. This child, marked by death, how peculiar. But not only did that babe catch her eye, but a girl just barely younger than Colt, her body layered with golden scales, leather wings at her sides. A brow rises, questioning what species composed such an interesting little beast, all Colt knew was that she wanted that in her empire.

Her gaze averts back to the riddle weaving wolf, ears perking up in interest as she listens to the second riddle this she-wolf spits, an ear cocked back. This time, the riddle was nonsense, not a word making any sense to Colt, and apparently to anyone else. Already others were saying that they could not answer the riddle, and as she stood and played it over, she found that she too could not answer such ridiculousness. "There is no answer to this riddle. Nothing in it can be tied together, therefore, no, I cannot answer it, but I suppose that is the answer?"
"TALK TALK TALK"
ooc colts answer to the riddle is no.
seeking a dragon with fire breath ability
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
C
A
T
H
U
N

He was ignored, or so it seemed, and after hovering in place for a while the colt retreated back into the safety of the ranks. This was probably the strangest thing he had ever experienced. Which said a lot, come to think of it, considering how he himself was far from ordinary. The whole situation made him uneasy, the feeling of relief upon spotting Amaris - among several other faces that was growing increasingly familiar as he regarded them, recognizing the individuals as herd members - only temporary. Not even slipping on by her side made him enjoy the thick mist or the riddles of the pale wolf, and why everyone else went along with it all was more than he could understand.

Cathun hadn't spotted the egg that rested between the paws of the canine. Or rather, he had yet to realize that the object was an egg, as he was too busy staring at the lupus herself and speculating on the potential damage her teeth might create.

He didn't particularly feel like continuing this game, but... everyone else was providing answers, right? Maybe that was their ticket back home; entertain the dog for a while. Sighing the grullo listened to the others that answered before him, then considered the riddle again with eyes narrowed.

"Well. I could provide an answer" he mused aloud as his turn came to reply, "but my best guess might not be the answer you seek, as there doesn't appear to be a correct one. My answer is thus; YES I can answer the riddle."

Summary: Cathun says YES, He can answer the riddle, but there is no correct answer.

Image Credit

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
So many. The reek of humid bodies clogged in her nostrils, slammed and pounded against her crown; ruby eyes shift shut, her inhale and exhale ragged. Lilómiel muttered in her ear, a wordless murmur of comfort to the unbound girl—one that did not comfort her beyond making her skin crawl and itch where his pious claws rubbed up against thickening summer hairs. Lids scud open—pupils dilating in the dim lighting—and irises flick, jumping over each body. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven... twelve. Looming failure leaps to the forefront of her mind (whether placed there by her black or by her own insecurities she was uncertain.) How could she even hope to outwit twelve others, most of which were older than her and no doubt more experienced in these twitchy, pointed games?

At least it seemed her bluff worked; the wolf gave her no more or less attention than all others, nor was she disqualified. Thanks the gods—perhaps the Moon Mother was on her side today after all.

The snow-white wolf rose, sitting upright, her bushy tail curling in an effemiate gesture Nymeria watched with a strange, zealous jealousy (such grace was the epitome of Nym's own goals in life)—but her hungry thoughts were swiftly diverted to the shifting mists. Teeth clip together firmly, the crack of ivories and the bolt of minute pain serving to redirect her focus. This was her chance; a moment to glorify her own nature and wits, to prove her cleverness and ability to problem-solve.

Lilómiel chirred his amusement, his wily and unpredictable thoughts frolicking near to—offering distraction from what she should be focusing on. His budding laughter, an odd sound caught midways between a scratchy purr and a rolling growl, decays beneath Nymeria's silent reprimand.

Brows knitting together, the daughter of the wolf listens, waits, and watches. With each tumultuous re-arrangement of the mists, her confusion grows, swelling into an tremulous uncertainty and a thick worry—that she will fail once again in pursuit of whatever prize lay waiting. An egg in any case... eyes dart towards the perfect oval cradled beneath the she-wolf's legs. She wonders what would happen if Lilómiel snatched it up—if they ran with it. It would easy to disappear in the swells of fog... but no. That's not how these functions are supposed to work. Besides, her bonded would have to get awfully close to the jaws of the white canid, and Nymeria did not wish to see Lil chewed up and spat out if everything went wrong.

The first to dare an answer is a vaguely intimidating woman. No; and then, I cannot guess the riddle, the clues are insufficient and unrelated to one another.

One by one they all follow: No, no, no, no, no, and yes. The grullo shifts her weight, eyes greedily settling on the man who dares to speak differently; her head cocks, a sinuous and deliciously feminine motion. And then she sinks back unto herself, letting the silence span, thinking, thinking, thinking, working the clues together and watching them fall apart.

Lilómiel, despite her occasional inquiry for assistance, stoicly ignores her.

And—at long last!—she settles on an appropriate answer.

"Yes, I can answer the riddle." Nymeria says, selecting her wording carefully; after all, the riddle had not asked to be solved. It had asked to be answered, not solved, and so she hoped—and prayed—it was but a trick question. "I can say yes, that is, but the riddle I cannot solve—I would say it's unsolvable, even, seeing as nobody else can give an answer."
Pick off my petals
and make my heat explode 'cause I've been saving all my summers for you
image credits

OOC: Wishlist: Preferably a red dragon with frost ability.
Refusal I

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
rhoa
i walk in the air
between the rain
through myself
& back again.
Apparently I am late to the party.
As Einarr responds that he cannot answer the riddle, I feel my heart seemingly collapse in my chest. What!? Every inch of me screams at the impossibility of it. How could Einarr not know? He didn't even try! How was it ...

How could it ..

I listen, but everything seems to be on mute. I feel myself doubting the dark mammoth beside me, and I simultaneously want to fall into the feeling, and to rally against it. Everyone in my life has let me down - why should Einarr be any different? Just as I am about to close myself off to the possibility of redemption, the words of the others around us begin to sink in. Many, like Einarr, have indicated that they cannot answer the riddle, but only because it has no answer. Relief floods through me, and I hasten a glance towards Einarr. A tentative smile parts my lips, before my gaze falls back to the wolf. I feel sort of silly reiterating what everyone around me has clearly said but ... but if she has what the bird lady had, then I want it. I want a companion. I want a friend. I don't want to be alone anymore.

"Not being able to give an answer ... is an answer in itself. So I say no, not because I don't know the answer, but because I understand that there isn't one." I try to be as clear as possible.

That said, I fall silent once again. It's odd that the wolf is letting us all answer like this. I feel a sort of curious anger sweep over me, as I regard the large number of creatures assembled. All it would take is one of us to know the answer to any given question, and we could all just repeat it. With pleading eyes I looked to the wolf, silently begging her to understand how unfair this all was.

Wishlist
Refusal 1
Refusal 2

Where?
I don't know.
darren criss. @ shine

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

I never thought I'd die alone
I'm too depressed to go on
You'll miss me when I'm gone

Instinct does not give up easily, much like a woman who refuses to be pleased with some of the more simple things in life. Chants risen from the depths of the 'flight or fight' factor repeat through all of her thoughts. Their words cling onto on the bellies of every other idea that dare pass about her mentality.
Run. Danger.
She locks the muscles in her knees and uses the others that stand with her as examples of bravery. They couldn't be stupid, could they? They hadn't fled from the presence of the snow coloured wolf yet; some of them were even from the Dragon's Throat. Considering her herdmates idiots seemed a sin, burrowing her deeper into the positon that tells her in wary tones that all is going to be okay.
It almost let's go of her at the sight of the wolf's teeth, flashing well kept weapons of death and destruction as if to tempt death. Snorting, she paws the ground with legs cutting the fog like knives do to butter.
The doors give way to other sights. Skin rips apart and molds itself into something fresh and unique, sparking wonders in the eyes of the champagne mare's eyes.
While she didn't mind much for the wolf, the images produced where something new to admire,
designed of mystical wonders before her eyes. If she had been a child, she would of let her jaw hang low, agape, unmovable even through the sight of two beings exploding. The explosions don't go unnoticed, Sikeax stomping a hind hoof and jerking her head backwards in surprise.
The task at hand ties her thoughts into rough knots. Was there even anything that could have such effects?
Everyone else seems to agree on the same answer once more.
No answer.
There really is no answer, is there? Aren't polar bears white naturally?
She finally gives in to the idea that there truly isn't an answer. "There is no answer. I can't make sense of anything you say with that riddle."
At least there had been some kind of thought put into it instead of blindly following the crowd.

OOC: Sikeax says no.
Wishlist
Sikeax is here for a Rougarou with a Water ability.
Word Count: 361 words.

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Disappointingly, the wolf listened to everybody answer her riddle.

No, No, No, No, No, No, Yes, Yes, No, and No.

To be honest the yes answers made her slightly curious at first but once she heard their reasoning she grew disinterested. Perhaps all of them were too dim witted for this sort of game? None of them gave the answer she was looking for, but instead they all chose a black or white answer. A sigh escaped her muzzle as she resigned to changing her perspective. She had to pick somebody eventually after all.

“In truth there were a few ways to answer this riddle,” she began as she wanted to at least enlighten her audience to help wise them up a bit, “One can simply answer yes or no, one can answer saying time, or,” she paused as she looked around, “One could answer saying pressure.”

Her voice lifted slightly upon the word pressure and it was clearly the answer she had been looking for. Her body language said it all as her tail swished back and forth at a steady pace and her eyes seemingly grew brighter. Yes, pressure was her answer of choice, but since nobody gave that answer she decided to choose differently.

“Although I personally think that a simple yes or no answer is rather...bland, I have to admit that those who said yes are closer to a better more interesting answer. Though it still is a bland answer.”

The she-wolf then chose to stand upon the rock. What type of game would she hold next? She had to choose one that would determine who would get the egg. A few moments passed as she debated over what to do next and then suddenly a spark of an idea hit her.

Would it? Could it? Yes...it very well could.

Quickly, the she-wolf sucked in air and then let out a long howl that echoed eerily into the veiled surroundings. As she howled however, the misty fog next to her seemed to glow dimly as it swirled about. Then the fog surrounding the entire group began to swirl and glow as well. A few seconds pass by like this before a figure appears on the fog next to the wolf. It...it was...a letter in a circle. A single E within the confines of a circle in the color of gold. But just when one thinks that that is all that would happen, multiple lines ink their way across the fog and surround the group. Upon the lines grow more letters in circles and they all led back to the letter E.

“This is the last game,” the white wolf begins, “What is the longest word you can create using these letters. The only rule is that the one in the middle must be in the word.”

The wolf then looked closely to all of those who remained. Which one would win? Which one would prove to be the perfect match for this egg? Then the wolf noticed that everybody was just staring around so she decided to chime in one more time, “Well...don't just gawk.”

@[Amani] is disqualified due to failure to post before the deadline. You can't use this as a Refusal.

Those who answered yes have earned an extra roll for the egg.

You must answer with the longest word that you can come up with. The E in the middle must be in the word. The given letters are as follows:

H G I E I Y C L R N G E L T O E N

Respond within 72 hours.

words

Image Credits

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
rhoa
i walk in the air
between the rain
through myself
& back again.
She doesn't like my answer. I feel my heart sink in my chest. She gives us another riddle, and I feel compelled to answer first. After all, I don't want to appear like I'm just taking the answers like the others. Especially since Einarr is here. I want to show him that I can do things on my own.

I listen intently, my dark ears perked all the way forward, as if straining somehow will give me some extra insight. As fog and magic appear around us, I fight to resist the urge to shrink back, against Einarr. I will not appear weak, even if on the inside I am. I watch the letters pulse and glow, hearing her instructions and committing them to memory. I smile wide as our task is revealed. Mother spent hours teaching Ivezho and I about letters and words. Such things were her specialty, which was lucky for us, given how limited Father's vocabulary was. At least when it came to the native Helovian language.

"I'd like to try.." I mumble softly, my eyes cast downwards in an attempt to appear respectful as I speak to the wolf. I want so badly what it is she has, but I know that now is not the time to try and persuade her. She has given us a task, and I have an answer. I only hope it will be enough. "My word is ... intelligence."

My eyes are bright and hopeful, as I cast them upwards to try and discern either approval or disapproval on her white features. I want to fidget, to look to Einarr and see what he thinks and what he will answer, but I remain still and try to appear calm. I'm not sure if I'm doing a very good job at it, but I am trying none the less.

I only hope that it is enough.

Rhoa's word is INTELLIGENCE.

Wishlist
Refusal 1
Refusal 2

Where?
I don't know.
darren criss. @ shine

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
S
Y
R
E
N
A
Well, the white wolf accepted their answers though she seemed dissatisfied. And you know? She wasn’t the only one. When it became clear that she was looking for “pressure” Syrena had to stop herself from arguing the point. How do you squeeze or look at pressure, it didn’t make any sense! Neither did “time” but perhaps she should stop expecting so much from a fellow predator. It was disappointing, the fate of the egg being in the paws of someone so incompetent. Was it fair for them to be subject to her whim on what sort of answer she preferred when the riddle had a clear answer. Even the “Yes” responses were pushing it a little - when you answered “yes because the answer is no” it seemed a little redundant. Apparently they were supposed to play up their answers and make them more interesting for the bland little wolf.

Regrettably, Syrena could not speak out without alienating herself from the competition and she wasn’t about to let herself lose to this gang of sheep simply because she could not keep her mouth shut.

Their gamemaker howled, an action that might have been interesting a couple moments ago - before Syrena had discovered how foolish this wolf was - but was now simply annoying. She removed her gaze from the creature to the shifting mist.

More games! Syrena grew impatient with this but kept her expression calm - it would do her no good to get riled up and distract her from the new task. It was certainly going to take some thought, after all. She tried to shut them all out, all the little brats surrounding her, hoping that everyone else would enjoy the quiet silence it took to sort through the letters in their minds and piece together words.

She was silent for a while and, truthfully, was not paying attention to anyone in that time - doing her best to shut out even the sound of their breathing (which also aggravated her to no end, how she wished to silence them!). Finally, though, she found her answer and a sly smile was given to the winged youth that spoke before her. “My word is intelligencer.” With none-too-subtle emphasis on the last letter. A spy, an informant, and an extra letter over the competition.
Image by Michael Matti at Flickr
Table by Sevin

Syrena's word: INTELLIGENCER
defined

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 2dtakqb.jpg]
DIESEL
Scream for Me

The wolf is displeased that we all happen to answer (basically) the same thing. 'Pressure' was the answer? My dear wolf, how could pressure be the answer when it did not fit all the clues? But dear me, I am smart enough to not disagree with her. I remain silent, not providing the attitude that I displayed last time. My emerald eyes stare hard at her, anxious for the next puzzle. But when she provides it, I feel my stomach drop. A bunch of random letters, and I am supposed to find a long word using them? My nerves tingle and my stomach twists as I think hard on what the answer could possibly be.

The drawing up in the air -- I am not sure if it helps me or hinders me. Am I a visual thinker? Perhaps. I stare at the letters, just waiting for something to come about in my mind. Is that how you succeed at something like this? H G I E I Y C L R N G E L T O E N. A word begins to form in my mind, but before it can pass my lips, two others have already spoken. One of them.. with MY word. I pin my ears and shoot a detested look at the dark grey maiden. Should she get the egg perhaps I could rip her guts out and steal it from her before it hatches. That is an acceptable method of acquisition, right? Slowly turning my gaze back to the white wolf, I speak. "My answer has been spoken already - unfortunately. I, too, would like to provide 'intelligencer' as an answer. An intelligencer is a spy, a courier of information." Another glance at the mare, and a warning glance at the others.

279 words
Diesel's answer is "intelligencer".

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

WAKING UP TO ASH AND DUST
WIPE MY 'BROW AND SWEAT MY RUST

Colt listens and watches, each one responding with "no." Her answer, had been no, that she could not necessarily answer the riddle, but that the answer itself was no. How clever. With iron eyes laid upon the white wolf, she watches closely as one of the winged scum gets sent on her way for taking her time to think about the damn answer. It was simple even a child could catch onto it. Apparently that skyrat was a slow one— easy prey for a ravenous beast.

Returning her attention to the guardian of the egg, she watches in wait as lines and letters are drawn upon the ground, all orbiting around the letter 'e'. They must find a word that consists of these letters, as long as they can think of. A smirk crawls across smug features, ears flicking forward as Colt listens to the others foolishly answer. A frown befalls her lips as Diesel says the same thing as the weird merwoman, finding proof that he possibly was as dim as she had thought. Confidently she steps forth, and speaks her words without hesitance. "Interconnection, which means to connect with one another, to— bond."With her words placed in the air, she shifts herself so that she can meet the eyes of all the others who dared to try for the egg that she wanted. How foolish they all were.. to think they would have a chance against her clever words. She was a serpent, coiled at the toe of your boot awaiting the arrival of your unsuspecting foot. She would slip up into your sheets and poison your body before you got the chance to notice. How deceiving, oh so deceptive, she would take from you what she needed and be gone, and with that you would be dead on the floor. She couldn't have you babbling about her, Colt enjoyed being that quiet, terrifying threat that sent shivers down the spine of all her enemies.
"TALK TALK TALK"
ooc colt's answer is interconnection
seeking a dragon with fire breath ability
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Heaving chest of the sea
Carry both of us
Carry her, carry me

The she-wolf was not pleased with their previous answers, and Einarr took a step back. Gritting his teeth, Einarr looked down at the smokey boy next to him. Would Rhoa begin to doubt him, after spending his time following the stallion? Einarr looked away and snorted, tail flicking against his hocks in his clear frustration. Einarr was a warrior, and though he was intelligent, word games were not his strong suite. It took all of his power to keep his cloven hooves planted and his wings tucked into his side, for his heart thumped against his darkened breast and willed him to fly away. No, he thought egg worth it. Another snort followed his thoughts and he let his red-brown eyes rest on the she-wolf once more. The wise creature--though arrogant in Einarr's mind--grew more and more confusing as she rambled on. She desired for them to string her the longest of words.

Einarr listened as those around him gave their answers, Rhoa going first. The black stallion had a flicker of pride for the ripe young boy as he gave his answer, but it faded as it was all-too quick. A mare and stallion gave their answers--the same word as the other--and it was longer than Rhoa's. Einarr frowned, his dark lips pulling towards the earth. Another spoke, with another long word. The gears in Einarr's mind worked hard. He searched and searched, his mind running through each word he knew like it was a giant database. However, after moments of silence, Einarr finally lifted his head and spoke his word. "Athastokhdeveshizar. Word of my native tongue...it mean nonsense."

The stallion looked again to Rhoa, and bumped the young boy's shoulder with his muzzle. His eyes sparked as he glanced at Rhoa's blues. "Gaucho teach sons native tongue for reasons." He spoke to the boy with a hushed whisper, the sentence meant only for him.

[Einarr's word is athastokhdeveshizar which is Dothraki (his native tongue) for "nonsense".

Prior refusals: #1 | Wishlist]

EINARR

aud is a boss

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

I never thought I'd die alone
I'm too depressed to go on
You'll miss me when I'm gone

Attentive, she listens to the two answers fired off to the crowd, wondering how pressure or time brought those changes along. Logic defeated the riddle altogther, and even if there was a real answer to it, the logic had been flawed at the moment it was said to make polar bears white.
Throwing away common sense and reason for a silly riddle seemed useless.
When the change of position does occur, Sikeax is sent back to her nerves, shifting uncomfortably in her skin, prepared for the one thing that she fears the most.
Death.
In the form of one of her patients, it attacks her as sorrow, grief in the form of a friend or loved one, but in the form of herself, it is nothing more than fear that fuels the need to escape it. Or rather it was instinct.
The howl that funnels out of the wolf turns her ears backwards, staring into the upturned muzzle with wide eyes, looking as if she had just heard the grim reaper speaking to her.
Healers weren't exactly expected to be brave like the warriors they tended to.
She watches with almost the same expression as the fog unravels into letters, glowing softly. Envy rips at her when the glow lacks the ability to blind like her horn did.
H G I E I Y C L R N G E L T O E N.
The collection leaves her almost as puzzled as the riddle. Others appear to waste no time in answering, spitting out words while Sikeax is left to think over her options. Being a copy cat would seem lazy, and chances are, could lead to her disqualification.
"I'll go with incoherently, please." Her voice whispers out, slipping into the tangles of the other words. Some had gone as far as to offer up the definition of the word, but she falls tired, ready to end with all of the mind games for once and for all.

OOC: Sikeax's word is incoherently.
Wishlist
Sikeax is here for a Rougarou with a Water ability.
Word Count: 331 words.

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Dismay filled her again, though she practised keeping it from her features. She practised the cool indifference her mother used to, the stony, hard façade that came all too easy to her sharply sculpted features, her golden scales and pale fur. She was a disappointment, along with the rest of them, unable to please the prickly tempered wolf, unable to sate its hunger for answers that did not exist.

She hid her disappointment, for though she longed to be the one who might see what was within that egg, she did not feel worthy, not when everyone else to so swiftly find their answers for her, answers she still did not seem satisfied with. Her howl chilled the girl, whose heart was full of flames, though it was a short-lived chill, for a dragon's heart beat strongly within her chest, and no ice would remain long in her veins. She watched, with the others, as the strange runes and letters floated in the air, she watched as others used those letters to give words to the canine.

Would their words be enough? Would all the words be used up by the time her brain had a chance to formulate something, anything for the wolf? Helplessness almost overcame her, and it was only because of Cathun that the girl remained - truly, it was because of pride, for surely bowing out of such a game of wits before him would give him fuel to think less of her, to turn away and find a better, smarter, more clever friend than she..

It was a delicate balance, an equilibrium, just like everything else in her world of chaos and peace. Amaris watched quietly, through soft, honey-gold eyes, as the balance tipped this way and that, giving each speaker the chance at tilting the balance their own way, the same way her emotions sometimes gave her strength or weakness. Balance, it was all her mother ever spoke about, balance, the girl thought as she stared at the letters etched into the air.

"Teetertottering," she said, softly but clearly, the word coming to her as she felt the balance shift slightly towards her. She used all the letters given, some she used more than once - the wolf said there was only one rule, and that was to include the letter that existed at the central point.

Would it be enough?

Amaris' answer is "Teetertottering."

398 words
wishlist
:: [Companion: Rougarou]
Refusals: 1 2
With water ability.

Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
C
A
T
H
U
N

He didn't care what the answer was. Not really, not to the point where the explanation - while annoying, as parts of it made no sense at all; how did pressure color a polar-bear? - annoyed him to the point of speaking up. Cathun had been ignored once, he was not so desperate for attention that he would risk facing those sharp, glistening teeth again. He waited with all the patience he could muster as the rest gave their answers and reasons, listened with gritted teeth as the wolf rolled her eyes at them. But when she gave a third riddle the colt had to bite down on a groan that inadvertently slipped past his guard, exasperated and unamused. He had better things to do than play games. While normally he might have been very amused and even enjoyed these riddles, the situation was such that the young equine wished it would all be over. The place was creepy, the wolf even more so, but worse still was the crowd of horses that actually gave a damn and answered in earnest, as if giving a correct answer was a matter of life and death.

To summarize; the entire thing was creeping him out.

To make matters worse, the symbols the wolf managed to produce with her bone chilling howl were not ones he was familiar with. For all that he could read, Cathun was only familiar with one alphabet and the one he knew had nothing in common with these doodles. For a few seconds he strained his mind trying to find meaning in the symbols, but after a while he snorted and gave up, completely disregarding the eerie glow. So what if he couldn't give a correct answer? So what if he couldn't give an answer at all? It wasn't as if they were competing, and even if they were there was nothing he wanted to win.

She wanted a long word? Fine, he'd come up with a really long one, and then he would leave no matter how many riddles she had left beneath those sheep-wool ears. Cathun closed his eyes, rummaged through the inner vocabulary and once a word came to him that seemed long enough he muttered it, just loud enough to be heard.

"Acknowledgment."

Then he waited, silently wishing that the fog would lift. At least then he would know where he was.

Answer: Acknowledgment

::[Companion: Dragon | Toxic ] Wishlist

Image Credit

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
Success! Satisfaction ripples through her features, a glimpse of conceit stark along her white-edged face. Lashes sweep together, lips twisting in a petty bow of her arrogance; she hopes they're jealous of her, all the idiots who answered no, but she can't allow herself to be too distracted. (It's not their fault they're d u m b, after all. They weren't gifted with a superior intellect.)

Lilómiel chirrs at her shoulder, the wiggle of his claws against her withers a sarcastic remark without words. Dark irises roll in conjunction to a flip of her tail, and she twists her head to turn a baleful eye towards him—his dried-blood red gaze meets hers in turn, a flimsy screen of delightfully dour emotion overlying his deeper-rooted loathing. Reluctantly, with the slightest pang of guilt, Nymeria lets her mind return to a state of confidence, and with it Lilómiel's quiet support in her endeavours. Conceit wouldn't do her any favors, not here. Not to mention she didn't need to make enemies out of the blue.

The grullo's attention shifts back to the wolf, eyes wandering over the silver fur once again. The undulating sound of the riddler's howl echoes in her ears, a lyrical composure she marvels at; what magnificence. Jealousy pangs within her chest, a sharp blade rubbing hard against the strings of her heart. Some weirdly feral part of her wishes she could mimic that cry...

Or maybe it was just Lilómiel's hunger, his predatory desires slinking into her head.

As the mists shift and fall away, reform, the hard-jawed filly lifts her head, observing each change, each formation, of the letters with utmost care. Over and over she reads the riddle, as many times as she needs to to let the possibilities sink in; and then she allows her mind to rove, searching for answers. As she does so, taking her careful time to make sure no avenue is left unchecked, others step forward, murmuring their answers triumphantly. Each one thinks they are successful, in making the longest words possible; but then someone else steps forward, and climbs up a letter or two higher. Some favor sticking directly to the letters given; others take only an 'e'.

Nymera scowls, her brows knitting together fiercely as she ponders the problem.
And then, at last, she finds the loophole.

What is the longest word you can create using these letters. The only rule is that the one in the middle must be in the word. Quote on quote. A triumphant smile scrawls over her lips, a flicker of bright-hearted emotion. On her shoulders, Lilómiel gives a chirp of hearty amusement, sitting up on his haunches. Some remnant of pride flickers through their joint bond.

The wolf had never said it had to be a real word. In fact, it was as if she had practically encouraged cheating—like, seriously, create a word?!

"Hieilcygrngeltoen," Nymeria says primly, hiding away her smirk. It was a mouthful, yeah, and she was kinda sorta taking a risk—but whatever. She had used every single letter, and, in fact, her word was longer than everyone else's. "You never said it had to be a real word... so, hieilcygrngeltoen."

Suck on that!
Pick off my petals
and make my heat explode 'cause I've been saving all my summers for you
image credits

OOC: Wishlist: Preferably a red dragon with frost ability.
Refusal I

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Intelligence.
Intelligencer.
Interconnection and even words that did not exist within the wolf's vocabulary escaped the lips of those whom had gathered. She tilted her head and pricked her ears forward as she listened to the various answers that everyone provided. Then slowly the she-wolf considered all the answers. Matched them up in her mind and crossed off those that did not fit the parameters. Eventually she found herself left with only one word left so she began her little escapade.

“You're right,” she spoke to Nymeria, “I didn't say it had to be a real word. However that was implied. After-all, how can a word that is not real be a word at all?”

Then she turned to Colt, “You're word may be both long and real, but there were multiples of certain letters that were given. And I had said to use the provided letters. You however used some letters more than what was given.”

Next was Einarr, “I'm afraid this native tongue of yours escapes me. It may very well mean nonsense or just be nonsense to me.”

The she-wolf then looks among the crowd and settles upon Syrena and Diesel. To think that the incompetent Diesel was being so well mannered ever since she scolded him for his rudeness.

“It seems as though you two have provided the longest word.”

Now the games where done. But who was to get the egg? The she-wolf still didn't have a clue as to who really deserved the egg. Black eyes looked over everybody as the wolf took into consideration all the attributes and answers they all gave.

Like a lion picking out a gazelle to eat, the wolf looked over the the crowd one by one until finally her eyes settled upon one. This one participant had been patient. Had been level-headed. Had been relatively quiet. And though she hadn't been on par with the games, she certainly stood out among the crowd.

With a simple yip a piece of the the surrounding fog broke away and encircled the egg and lifted it into the air. Certainly this fog was magical because what fog was thick enough to lift an egg? Gently, the fog carried the egg over the distance to its intended and stopped just in front of her chest.

Sikeax. That was her name and though the she-wolf didn't know her name or much about the hybrid mare something felt right about giving the egg to her.

“Congratulations,” she began softly, “It seems as though you are to be the one to receive this egg. Be sure to take good care of it and cherish what may come of it.”

A simple caring smile lit itself upon the wolf's muzzle. She was happy to see the egg finally have a home and a caregiver. Her task was done and now it was time for her to go. Reluctantly she sucked air into her lungs once more and let out a howl that sounded happy. With her howl the fog around them all glowed fiercely and in the seconds that it lasted the fog lifted around the area. But with the fog's disappearance so too did the wolf disappear as if she was part of the fog itself.

@[Hertz] & @[Dröm] have been disqualified for failure to post before the deadline.

RANDOM LIST & ROLL
CONGRATS to @[Sikeax]! Please make sure to post in the Updates board for the companion to be added to you. Also let us know what the name and gender will be.

Einarr, Nymeria, Rhoa, Syrena, Colt, Cathun, Diesel, & Amaris may use this as a Refusal.

words

Image Credits