the Rift

[OPEN] Rocks on the ocean, wheels in motion

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Stand me at the head of the crusades
without a remedy.

It was nightfall when she had left the Hidden Falls. Her face a mask of brooding as her wings had taken her high into the sky. Her destination was that of heat and sand, of canyon and red wastes, her task was- well. What was it? Information perhaps, an answer or an inkling or maybe it was just her last resort after her relentless pacing was beginning to wear new paths into the grass. However, Ghost practised a calmness, her calculating expression set easily on her face as she lost herself in thought. She wondered how or if she should attempt to retrieve Midas. The Czar was surely famous for a reason, so, did he really need her help? What could she do anyway, demand him back and with what? Until she had better leverage from which to bargain there wasn’t really much the young leader could do. At least, that was the conclusion that her naïve mind came to, a mind that understood little of politics and was defter in more roguish ways. Maybe the outcast life was better for her after all. There was no point regretting now, however, when this deep into the tangled web of the underworld of spies. Her time had come to sink or swim.

It took a while to travel to the Dragons Throat, a land that resided at the southern most end. The further she went the hotter she got and from time to time she would stop to rest, shade under a tree or take a gulp of water. Eventually she found herself staring upon a familiar and yet not so familiar place. Approaching on hoof there was no entrance, an entrance she was sure had formally been there, a bridge of sorts that had led to the beginning of the sandy herd where she had delivered her news of flesh eating parasites. Ghost frowned and considered it for a moment. Fantôme sat at the edge looking bewildered, his long tongue flopped out of one side of his mouth whilst he lingered in his bonded's shadow for some shade. Ghost was thinking, if there was no bridge did that mean she had to fly across? Grimacing she looked sternly at Fantôme "go wait in the shade" came her stern command and the wolf looked at her in dismay. He eventually went and sat next to a nearby rock, his eyes trained to Ghost with a look of sadness. "I won't be long" she nodded to him before lifting herself into the air, her face twisting into irritation, not really wanting to fly in the heat. Even when it had passed midday, this years unforgiving Tallsun refused to let go of its boiling grip and her dark coat absorbed it greedily.

After a while she landed neatly onto the desert that bordered the ocean and remained there, waiting. This new way of entering made her unsure of the real border and her eyes lingered curiously on the horizon in front as she stood next to the lapping water. The cold splash a small relief for her tired, sun battered body. Sand stuck in her hooves in an uncomfortable way and she shifted in annoyance, her tail flicking once before her neck stretched and she called out across the warm coloured land. Whilst waiting she cast about looking for any signs of shade that might offer her a little more than ocean spray.

[Leads/Ranked pleasuum! I put her near the ocean, I didn’t really know where best to position her in terms of borders lol]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gaucho saw her immediately. Ghost was, after-all, so distinctly different from everyone else in the herd. She was tall in a way that few of them were, painted dark with both horns and wings. Intrigued, the Wildfire descended out of the skies and glided easily towards her. His curiosity had been piqued. What purpose did she have of coming here? It had been seasons since anyone from the Falls had come to the Throat, and now suddenly within the space of a few weeks three visited? Midas and Africa, and now Ghost? The last time the darkened mare had arrived on their sands it had been to tell them of evil. Worms, was it? The Wildfire couldn't recall the specifics, but at least she had come with a purpose then.

Did she have one now?

Landing in flurry of black, muscle, and fire, Gaucho easily touched down upon the sands. In his antlers Mara's hardened gaze watched the mare warily. Bobbing in the air beside him, Vorsa seemed to share none of the other companion's animosity. The phoenix was still too young to really understand what was going on. So instead of glaring, she trilled a happy hello as she landed near Gaucho hooves and began to make a sandcastle.

"Ghost." He rumbled, his voice a neutral wash as his antlered skull bobbed a hello. The Sultan tucked his flaming wings against his flanks, as he flicked his tail idly. "Water in Oasis -" He offered, nodding his head in the direction of their inland lake, should the czarina be thirsty. Even though things were tense between the two herds, Gaucho would not show his guests the same animosity the Falls had shown his. "-we can walk and talk if you need."

Falling silent, the Sultan waited. He was nearly certain that her arrival had been necessitated by something. Was it a message from Midas? Scanning his thoughts, he couldn't think of any in his herd who had been missing, and the mare he had been looking for - the one he had told Midas about during their last discussion - was now safely held within his borders. Was there some new sickness crowding the lands that the dark mare knew of? Exhaling, the dun waited to find out.

GAUCHO
the wildfire

Art by: schwartze @ DA
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

without a remedy.

Ghost watched him approach with an amused smile for it was the same stallion that had found her loitering around last time. He spoke in an odd foreign accent, missing out words that made him appear quite matter-of-fact and primitive. Strange markings covered his body and a bone ran through his nose that made the young banshee wonder how on earth it got there. Who thought jamming a bone through ones nostrils was a good idea? This cave man apparently. He was Sultan was he not? The dark mare remembered the title from Midas and the surprise she had felt. Still, he was far more impressive looking than herself so maybe her raised eyebrow was uncalled for. She looked upon his fiery appearance with a grimace though and wished he gave off some sort of wintry feeling instead. At least it would look colder. Her attention was quickly grabbed by his boisterous phoenix, however, and she watched its antics thinking of her own bonded. Ghost was quite glad he had to stay on the other side otherwise she might have been here a while trying to pry the wolf from investigating the bird.

The sprite dipped her head in return "Gaucho" her breathy voice replied. His next words were far more pleasing and Ghost had to stop herself from bolting for it. ‘Oasis’ sounded like a haven. "The southern climate doesn’t agree with me, water would be much appreciated" her cloven feet twitched forwards and she waited to see if he would begin walking before pressing on with explaining her appearance. However, before she plunged into business she paused a moment to nod to the ocean and the bridgeless landscape. "No bridge?" She enquired, leaving the question open ended. The Czarina paused to hear (or not) his answer and then went on into the matters she brought.

"I come in search of information, answers… Advice." She started, her face shifting into concentration as she collected her thoughts. Part of her flinched away from revealing the information she carried, but what else could she do now? What use would it be to hide things when she was already exposed. It was time to go out on a limb and hope for the best. "We’re having trouble keeping the spies of the Aurora Basin away, they've made a few failed attempts on us and recently Midas and Essetia have gone missing. If this is the work of the north, why?" Ghost paused to try capture the gaze of the Sultan "I came because I thought you might know the reason behind this hostility. I know many things, but not the answer to this. If I know why, I might be able to resolve it, but this blindness is harming the family I pledged to protect."

Lastly, she looked out at the blistering horizon and the new surroundings, feeling like there was more she wanted to say but waited for her antlered companion to respond first. Instead she opted for a different topic to end on as her gaze turned briefly curious "how fares the Throat?" She asked with a flick of her knotted tail.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte
Ascended Helovian

The dun nodded without surprise. Many disagreed with their climate. It was a strength of the Throat just as surely as it was an annoyance. Any who would come and fight them on these sands would fight the sun as well. It was why Gaucho spent so much time training here. He, and the rest of his herd, could race across these reddish dunes in a way that few others could. They could bear the heat and retain water by not sweating as much through their hours of training. Look at Ghost now, the Wildfire mentally nodded: It was no wonder so few of their kin were black. The colour would mean death for many. Pushing away thoughts of Einarr, Gaucho nodded and led the way towards the Oasis.

"No Bridge. Gaucho tell Midas long time ago about plan to keep Throat safe. This the plan. Pegasi like you and Midas can come and go - we never need bridge-" Subconsciously Gaucho shuffled his flaming wings at his sides. "-for rest of my herd without wings, they use bridge. Sun God make it so bridge give them flaming wings so they know what it like to fly." Pride dripped into his deep voice as he spoke. They had fought him on the bridge project, but in the end it had worked out just fine.

As ghost continued speaking, Gaucho's ears flopped backwards slightly and his gaze narrowed. Why was a spy here asking such questions of him? Gaucho required all of his warriors to pledge to protect the Throat, and so Ghost's admission meant little to him in terms of her rank. She could be a nobody and still offer her fealty. In fact, she should anyways. Unsure of her intentions, Gaucho flicked his tail.

"Gaucho not see Midas leave Falls for long time. Maybe he not lost, maybe he just out. Need to see something other than plants. " The dun chuckled. "Gaucho not know Essetia ... maybe new girl friend for Midas?" Another joke, sort of. Midas had had more than a few lovers since the two had known each other. Then again so had Gaucho. If he disappeared at the same time a mare of his herd did, the secret grove would likely be the first place the herd would start looking for him. "Maybe have nothing to do with the Basin." He concluded with a shrug. Of course that wasn't true, but until Gaucho knew just exactly who Ghost was, he would reveal no more.

Halting at the Oasis, the dun lowered his muzzle to drink. "Throat good. Have lots of construction projects going.".

He'll answer her more seriously once she says she isn't a spy any more :P

GAUCHO
the wildfire

without a remedy.

’Flaming wings’ Ghost grimaced. This truly was the land of fire. Interesting though, perhaps it would lessen the chances of unwanted visitors in their land apart from those who could fly… A damage limitation of sorts, maybe. She mulled over the idea for a moment as they walked before replying "clever". Another reason why she was a foolish filly long ago for wanting that little zombie boy to take off her wings, she wouldn’t have been able to get into places like this if not. Though if she hadn’t of been born with them where would she be now? In the north with the unicorns who had been defeated and cast from the land of the Moon or, wandering around aimlessly like that fallen King who had cast her into the wilds.

She dwelt little on it; however, as the Sultan answered her concerns a frown flickered across the banshee’s face. Perhaps he was right, but it seemed rather unruly and out of character for the Czar and that of her Sleuth. Did he really think that? "Essetia is my head Sleuth, her and Midas would be a strange couple… But who really knows what goes on when eyes are not looking" she purred and played along. She cocked her head to one side, remembering something from the last she was here. "Speaking of girlfriends, how is yours? The blue mare whom I met last time" the sprite had no idea if they were lovers, but it did no harm to banter a little sometimes. She often found that folk had trap doors to places interesting and little words triggered them open. Other times she simply talked herself into trouble and never found what she was after.

"Perhaps, though I think it's a little too coincidental-" she paused and gathered her thoughts again before carrying on, noticing that the Sultan didn't directly answer her question and she began to wonder if he was hiding something. "I have no fight with the northern lot. I even have family among them. Maybe I’m being punished for a previous ruler’s bad decision, though I'm not sure its my job to remedy it." A grim line set into her lips as her tail flicked pests. She didn’t particularly feel like remedying it. Ghost had always lived life hidden within herself; her purpose depended on necessity and want, not loyalty or duty. She went where need sent her or greed tempted, her heart was not gold enough for this. The only draw she had to resolve the matter was the interest to know why and after that… Would depend on the answer. "Maybe I should have remained a spy. This title hinders me" she sighed.

She followed the movement of Gaucho and went to drink from the pool, the splash of water down her throat like its own mini heaven. She nodded simply in reply to his confirmation that the Throat was all well. The sprite had seen for herself, or not seen rather, what projects they had been up to.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho might not have the political diction that Ghost did, and indeed many outdid him in terms of mental prowess when it came to basic conversational cues, but the tri-coloured mare had said enough to indicate to Gaucho that something had changed. My head sleuth...Previous rulers bad decisions ... remained a spy. So she was no longer just a spy. Gaucho's ears flickered slightly as he drank, making no mention to these thoughts. He found it odd however that she would subtly indicate her rank rather than just telling him of the change. Was it tactfulness or deceit that drove her? Gaucho couldn't tell.

"Not girlfriend. Ampere our gladiator." Both true. Although obviously Ghost had seen enough to know that perhaps more lingered beneath the surface. Gaucho hoped that his abbreviated answer would help steer the conversation away from Ampere. He hadn't spoken to anyone about his relationship with the Blue - hadn't even had a chance to talk to her himself. Ghost was not going to be the first one that he clarified what had happened to.

"How knew to ruling Falls?" Gaucho inquired, more or less rhetorically as he began speaking immediately after. "Gaucho know Basin asked for peace .. Midas didn't even say no to their faces. Sent someone else instead. Then Basin invite Falls' unicorns to their party. Midas ruin invitations. Invitations made by a kid." The Wildfire's voice was flat and factual. Midas could do as he liked, but neither he nor Ghost could hide behind the decisions of past rulers. It seemed Midas had brought this entire thing upon himself, at least from Gaucho's position. If that was the case, they should own up to their hate, rather then peddling themselves as the victim. "When Gaucho take over Throat we enemy with Basin too. Midas enemy before Gaucho, and Kri enemy before Midas. They invade our lands and kill our family. Gaucho hate them. But Gaucho hate ..." He paused, unsure how to say what it was he was thinking. Snorting, he mentally asked Mara for her aid. "Gaucho hate old Basin. Basin that attack Throat, Basin who Kri and Midas hate ... they not exist anymore. If Ghost have family there, you must know. Maybe wanting only unicorns is reason to dislike Basin, but not reason to stomp on offers of peace." Again a shrug. Maybe it was a reason, but if it was, it wasn't one that Gaucho had ever heard Midas offer.

"Maybe not your job to remedy it. But maybe more of Falls go missing then." A final shrug. The Wildfire was not here to offer war council to the once-spy. He led his family how he saw fit and he expected the rulers of other herds to do the same.

"Midas and maybe-girlfriend not here. Gaucho not see Midas since he and Africa come weeks ago."

GAUCHO
the wildfire

without a remedy.

"Ah Gladiator I do apologize!" She replied with sickly sweet innocence and left it at that, figuring she wasn’t going to glean anything more out of it. There was little chance of her getting an artfully crafted war of snide words with this prehistoric oaf, but at least he brushed it off easily enough. He moved onto a more enticing topic and Ghost turned her attention fully onto the matter, a surprised flicker briefly crossing her face. The thought of announcing her title had never crossed the mind of the banshee nor had the fact that he might not know it. She’d spent so long living in shadows and hiding behind rocks that revealing things such as names and titles was not a common thing for her to do. Even now, in her time as Czarina, it never occurred to her to trumpet her crown to him.

Though she remained silent as he carried on and the pieces of the puzzle slowly began to fit together.

"New enough to not know any of this" she quietly answered, her voice lost somewhere in her thoughts. So, before her time as ruler, the Basin had asked for peace. A peace Midas had denied them. It was a reason to be disgruntled, but a reason to go so far as to start uneasy ties? Perhaps. If the Basin wanted vengeance for rudeness why not aim for Midas, why aim for the rest of the Hidden Falls? Slowly, the Cadaverous began to shake her head and her face was marred by a frown. "Maybe their hostility is explainable but in doing this they only continue the same circle. The same hatred that you felt… Only re-directed. Though if that's what they want" she mulled with a sigh and then shrugged as well, it would only haunt them again one day, just another band of horses looking for revenge. Instead, she zoned in on one of the last things he said.

"More will go missing hmmm I should probably feel… What is it? Apprehension? Worry? Loyalty, duty-" the words seemed to roll off her tongue like a well rehearsed list and she shook her head again, not knowing why she didn’t feel these things. Everything a ‘good Leader’ should feel, but the banshee knew there was not a moment where she could be so selfless. It made her wonder why the herd had ever chosen and trusted her with the crown. A nameless mare that lingered in shadows and offended more than complimented, a mare that lacked the ability to be considerate. "But I stray from the purpose I was here. You have not seen our two missing and I thank you for the information." Whether he had seen them or not Ghost could not tell an obvious lie, she was in his territory too and so she took his word for it.

The sprite took a step back from the pool and unfurled her wings in a business like manner. "I have things to do, quite obviously, but I owe you a small favour for your short hospitality and information. Should you need it" she nodded once. "Is there anything else?" She lingered a moment.

@[Gaucho]
eeehh weird post is weird, she was difficult to write in this lol but I'm fed up of staring at it so ;~; <3

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Sleuth, thought the girl, what does it even mean? she asked her friends dispassionately, her thoughts awhirl with the insecurities and troubles she held only within the breast of her dragon's heart. Laughter of the soul buffeted her thoughts, dowsing her doubts in a magnificent flame, as dragons of many different colours came into existence around her. They trilled and sung, and the girl was swooped away in their emotions, forced to forget her worries, albeit temporarily. They gave her confidence where she had none, helped her to rise from her sandy bed and push onwards with her day, to better herself, to learn and grow and become worthy of the title she held.

So she stood and stretched, a figure more feline than draconian or equine that actually decorated her body. As her tail twitched and wings shuffled, she glanced around, before setting off on a speedy, light-footed canter and leaping to the skies.

It was easy to track her liege, her Sultan, the mighty Gaucho whom had been the one to give her the title of Sleuth. Still she wondered how he had determined her worth, had he simply listened to a whimsical suggestion made by her fiery-hearted cousin?

Or had Amaris unknowingly proved herself already to him?

Either way, she was determined to prove it to him now - to the herd. She wanted not only to be known by them as worthy, but to know them as well. She followed the steed from the skies, and consciously cloaked herself in the magic her rank had gifted her. Seamlessly she blended with the skies that surrounded her, and the girl felt all at once, at ease, invisible, confident. For one who has been judged by their appearance for so long, to be able to hide it was a gift, truly, and one she intended on using to better the lands that had bestowed it upon her. As silently as she could, she followed the dark winged-and-horned mare, as well as the fiery dark winged-and-horned stallion, tracking their progress to the water's edge.

The dragon-girl landed as the leaders spoke, hoping their words hid the muffled sound of her landing, hoping their attentions were too focussed on their conversing to notice the movement of dust and sand brought on by her presence. She wasn't too close, but near enough to hear most of the words said. She captured the identity of the red-winged belle, Ghost, and learned a great many things that were going on to the North. Stolen members, leaders even, frequent attacks and offences - it could only mean one thing. War. The girl shivered at the thought. Though she had been complimented on her apparently natural ability in the war arena, she had no desire to fight in a true war, to taste the blood of another in her mouth, to wipe the red stain from the scythe at the end of her tail.

Not minding so much if her cover was blown, the girl turned, entered a speedy canter once more, and took to the skies, still camouflaged, taking what she could with her, that which her mother had always said held great power. Knowledge.

[ ooc :: Amaris just be derping about, feel free to delete if you don't want her to overhear ^^; ]
bg - table
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~
Ascended Helovian

It was odd to hear an argument similar to that Archibald had offered, coming from Ghost's lips. Both seemed to think that leaders could somehow distance themselves from their titles - to act as their own person as well as leads. Gaucho thought it impossible, which is why he had taken Archibald's threat not just as an offense to him, but to his herd as well. How could their thinking be so restricted?

"Midas is leader of Falls. When he respond to Basin, it not just Midas responding. He speak for all of the herd. Midas is the one who brings his hate to your herd, not the Basin. Midas is one who continues the circle." Gaucho thought of previous conversations with Ophelia as well as Hotaru, and tried to recall how they phrased it to him. "Basin ask nicely to be allies - to trade and benefit. Midas say no. So they take what they want." Gaucho shrugged his large shoulders, as if the conclusion was clear. They had tried to do things the nice way and Midas had declined. Perhaps he had not meant to offend them, and even if they were not, why shouldn't they just take from the Falls?

As Ghost redirected their conversation back to her original purpose, Gaucho nodded conclusively. "Gaucho not see either. But if they come this way, or if patrols see them, Throat will send word." As Ghost offered ... a boon of some sort of him, Gaucho regarded her curiously. What could this veiled creature have that he might want? The possibilities raced through his mind, some more primal and satisficing of baser instincts than others. Nostrils flaring, the dun shook his antlered skull. "Gaucho not need anything. Maybe there come a time .." His words trailed off as his gaze fought to hide some of the thoughts brimming in his mind.

"May drink and stay until you are ready to return." He offered, gesturing with his flaming wings towards the interior of their home. Pegasi were always welcome, even ones as dark and unassumingly dangerous as Ghost. Besides, there were more than enough of his kin around to keep an eye on her, should that become necessary.

[Agreed. Weird thread is weird.]

GAUCHO
the wildfire