the Rift

:: Site Wide Plots ::

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
So I love the Earth God and I feel like he hasn't gotten to shine as much. I thought of this idea and I think it has a lot of possibilities. Who knows!

:: God Sickness
The Earth God falls ill, and Helovia begins to deteriorate. With no one caring for the earth, plants fail to grow, water dries up and sours, and there is widespread famine illness, and death.

Variants/possible places to go from there:
-The Time God puts the Aurora Basin in a stasis, stopping it in time before the Earth God falls ill and making it the only safe place in Helovia. Clamor for shelter there, war, etc.
-Those with Earth or Water Magic are weakened if their magic is a hybrid with magic of another god, lose their powers completely if it is only under the jurisdiction of the Earth God.
-Search for a way to cure the Earth God maybe reveals he was poisoned--by another god? by a dark mysterious force? by your mom? Obviously it must be a powerful force to hurt him, there are many options.
-When the Earth God is weak, maybe another God tries to usurp his powers/take over earth and water. Maybe another force tries to do this.
-Given that it's about balance of the Gods being thrown off, other Gods might struggle to maintain their parts of the world. With no one to control water, the Moon God would struggle with the tides and the ocean would become dangerous. With everything else dried up, the Sun God could get out of control and start wildfires with his sheer anger, the Spark God with lightning. Etc, etc. Multiple variants here.
-Rumors spread that the Earth God is sick because of actions of Helovians. Certain herds or herd leaders are to blame, causing widespread conflict. Maybe discrimination against those with some type of magic or lifestyle occurs--perhaps those with earth or water magic are charged with misusing their powers and angering the Earth God and are thus hunted and punished and hated.
-Violent bands form to try and steal resources. Helovian muggers.
-Some Helovians go mad and start to hunt for meat just to get something to eat. When animals start to die out, some of the more maddened begin to try and hunt companions or other Helovians.
-SO MUCH MORE!

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
Idea; Going camping!
It starts raining some kind of liquid poison (or perhaps something caused by an eruption from a volcano) and while for some reason only the soil in the four herd-lands doesn't let the liquid out of its groundwater-system/the soil holds the liquid instead of letting it flow away. As the ground rots, the herds are unable to stay and have to temporarily move to another area. (Can cause mini wars from sub-groups from herds) Because of the rains (*some kind of weird liquid*), all have to sleep in tents specially made to protect (*gifted by the Gods?*). But since there are just so many tents and sooo many horses, someponies have to share their precious privacy with others - perhaps even with those from other herds! ;D To keep those who are victim to this true TRAGEDY at least a bit happy, everyone gets a new tent-mate each couple of days. :D In the filthy mud tainted by the rain that come and go, the leaders have to get a grip on what the fucking rabbits is happening?! ETSFOE. :D

*most of the caves have become buckets of poisonous water, although there could be some higher located caves which would still be usable for shelter.*
Please tag me 

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
(04-09-2015, 05:19 PM)Lena Wrote: Ages ago, on another rp site I frequented, we had been in the process of creating a Pied Piper style plot. ;D

As in, someone comes in, leads the foals away somewhere, the whole world has to work together to get them back, defeat the enemy, etc. etc.

-shrugs- :DD

We did something like this on Isilme. But the kiddos were all turned into goats and had to save themselves. It was fun!

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]