the Rift

:: Magic Quest Ideas ::

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
MAGIC QUEST IDEAS

We would WELCOME any ideas you have for quests the gods could give out for magic or companions!

IDEAS
---

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
BATTLE BOSS :: (possibly for armour, powerful weapon, highly damaging magic)
Intermediate difficulty: Challenge one leader of every herdland to a fight.
Hard difficulty: Challenge one leader of every herdland to a fight, and win all 4 times.

HEARTLESS :: (likely to be for something that is very powerful, like immortality, invincibility, etc)
Ultimate difficulty: Kill a bonded companion. Eat its heart.

LIGHTNING MASTER :: (possibly for Spark related magic/items?)
Intermediate: Survive a RE driven lightning storm.

TEST OF TIME :: (powerful Time related magics)
Hard: Successfully join, and leave, all four herds, remaining in each herd for one (RL) month and having at least 2 active threads in that herd, during that time.
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Talion Posts: 12
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16,3 :: 4 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Unknown :: Wolverine :: None Tailormade
I think the intermediate difficulty of Whit's battle boss suggestion is very good. Other than that:

- When characters ask for destructive, harmful magic or items, they should have to go through a trial where the magic is cast upon themselves so that they know what they're dealing with. It would help raise the threshold for using magic like that, because the wielder knows what it's like.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Sun/Moon Quest:
Collect X types of natural light in magical jars (i.e. moonlight, midafternoon light, twilight, ect.).

Earth Quest:
Be stung or bitten by X poisonous creatures.
Ingest or rub against X noxious flora.

Time Quest:
Randomly traverse time at the Time God's will for X threads/weeks/whatever.
- This would require some threads being pulled from the archives; I imagine the character would be intangible by all accounts, and merely left to wander and observe. If old Time was feeling particularly grumpy I imagine, also, that all these threads would be absolutely terribly scary, sad, or intrinsic to the character experiencing them as a ghost. ;D

Mind Control/Manipulation Magic:
Character is randomly subjected to the mental whims of any characters within X feet of them for X amount of time or X amount of manipulations.
^ Lirl at some of the horrible consequences of this already

Shapeshifting/Appearance Changing Magic
Spend one whole season in the form the character wishes to take.
Spend a whole season randomly fluctuating between various forms.
- RE driven, would be for a multi-form magic. Level of difficulty would determine whether or not the character randomly became a different character, or a fish in the middle of some very not wet locale.

Also makes squeeking noises at Heartless quest
(so ebillllll)

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).