the Rift

a new beginning

Aveira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
<style>.connormain { width: 350px; font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed', sans-serif; font-size: 35px; color: #F6F6F6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 80%; padding: 5px; 0px 0px 0px; } .connorsubh { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 8px; color: #D0D0D0; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 0px; } .connorposta { width: 320px; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9px; color: #020202; text-align: justify; line-height: 110%; padding: 20px; background-color: #f6f6f6; } .connortagz { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 7px; color: #f6f6f6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 8px; line-height: 110%; border-top: 1px solid #fff; border-bottom: 1px solid #fff; } .connorbold b { color: #8E0000; } </style>

credits: fillyrox.deviantart.com & lovehorses14.deviantart.com

AVEIRA
YOU'RE GONNA MISS ME WHEN I'M GONE

Feathery, grey wings flapped tiredly at the mare's sides, just barely keeping her aloft. She couldn't remember a time when she had felt so exhausted. Her eyes threatened to droop closed but she fought back the urge. Light blue eyes scanned the tree tops, searching for an opening in the thick forest. Aveira was lucky that the breeze was heading in the direction she wanted it to, otherwise she would have ended up dropping from the sky in exhaustion.

Five minutes passed before Aveira spotted a place where she could land. It appeared to be only a small opening but she carefully angled herself downward. This was uncharted territory, after all. Who knew what would happen if she injured a wing? Gliding at a steady decline, the mare extended her legs in preparation of landing. She nearly gritted her teeth together as she passed by branches that seemed to reach out to tear out her feathers. Somehow, though, she managed to land gracefully.

Exhaling a breath she hadn't known she was holding in, Aveira shook out her mane and folded her wings to her sides as she glanced about. Small, delicate ears twirled atop of her skull. Sounds of squirrels chittering and birds calling out to one another greeted her ears. It appeared rather peaceful here. Was it as safe as it looked? Curiously she turned her head to look at what was around her.

A multitude of trees surrounded the mare, their leaves turning to shades of amber, gold, and brown. Was it already that time of year again? Aveira lowered her head to nudge a single leaf on the ground. Small specks of dust found their way up her nares and she jerked her head back to sneeze. She was sure she made a rather embarrassing looking expression. Hopefully no one else was around to see.

DONE | OPEN

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

I've been coming back here many a time and today is a day when I spot someone unaccompanied. A new scent on her skin as she lands and takes a look around the clearing I was just about to step into. I watch her with soft green eyes, like I was waiting for the right time to attack in the breeze orangemoon day.

I then step out of the shadows and into the light to say hello, a look of assurance and guidance plastered onto my face. Perhaps they were real this time. "Hello! I am Spice, of the Dragons Throat." I close in slowly with soft hoof steps and level gaze.

A small twitter from my forelock where a small bird, Wayne my bonded is perched. "This is Wayne, she says hello." I say, though I don't really know what she is saying. I'm just being friendly. "What's your name?" I ask with a small smile upon my maw. None of these actions were too forced yet, so I was in the clear.

I scan her over with careful and hopefully non-judging eyes. She is a beautiful mare with an ebony-stained muzzle. Striking blue eyes like a spring storm. I smile wider and nod kindly to show I was no threat or harm to this woman.
Wayne pipes up and takes off, flying into the trees once again, and for a few moments, it was silent. She came fluttering back with a small rose in her beak. Placing it on the ground before the mare with a chirp and a short flutter back up to my forelock where she liked to sit and rest while I did all the work, walking, talking, and not sitting around.

I smile up at her, and I can feel something through the bond pulling at one of the "strings". A the originally closed-mouthed smile became a grin. I loved when I could just barely feel her emotions seeping through. Every once in a while I could even feel something a bit stronger, and I'd smile just as I am now.

"Talk."
Hi and welcome to Helovia! I've just brought Spice in here to have some fun! Would you like to be tagged? @[Aveira]

SPICE</style>
The sun heals many wounds, especially of the soul.</style>

image by gaensler @ flickr.com
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Aveira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
<style>.connormain { width: 350px; font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed', sans-serif; font-size: 35px; color: #F6F6F6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 80%; padding: 5px; 0px 0px 0px; } .connorsubh { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 8px; color: #D0D0D0; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 0px; } .connorposta { width: 320px; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9px; color: #020202; text-align: justify; line-height: 110%; padding: 20px; background-color: #f6f6f6; } .connortagz { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 7px; color: #f6f6f6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 8px; line-height: 110%; border-top: 1px solid #fff; border-bottom: 1px solid #fff; } .connorbold b { color: #8E0000; } </style>

credits: fillyrox.deviantart.com & lovehorses14.deviantart.com

AVEIRA
YOU'RE GONNA MISS ME WHEN I'M GONE
Aveira hadn’t sensed anyone nearby and so it startled her quite badly to turn her head and see a brown and white face looking directly at her. Her eyes widened and her nostrils flared as her body instinctively jerked away. A dose of fear induced adrenaline pumped itself into her veins, making her heart stutter. It took her a few moments to realize it was only a winged filly and not some monster. A light smile found its way to her velvety lips as her body swayed. Aveira was quite exhausted but she tried to keep herself still.

The name the filly gave her was not familiar and neither was the place she mentioned. Was it a place? Maybe it was the name of her herd. Aveira attempted to appear nonplussed. Parting her lips, she was about to reply when the filly then introduced something moving about in her forelock. It was a small bird. The cute little thing flapped its wings to try and escape from the mess of hair. A genuine smile painted itself onto her façade. She was a little confused about the bird being named Wayne, though. “I’m Aveira.” She said as pleasantly as she could, though she felt a little uncomfortable being stared at.

Clearing out her throat, Aveira’s light blue eyes followed the bird as it flew off into the trees before returning to Spice. “So… uhm, can you tell me where I am? I’m a little lost.” The mare really hoped that at least this stranger knew where she was. How far was she from her old home? It felt like she had been traveling for months. Maybe she was thousands of miles away by now. There was no way he could find her. Could he?

The silence after she had spoken was broken by the flutter of wings, causing the mare to then look up. Wayne, the female bird, had reappeared with a rose in its beak and had placed it on the ground before her. This little show of kindness nearly had tears welling up in her eyes. How sweet. “Thank you, it’s lovely.” Dropping her head to pick up the stem of the rose between her teeth, she then craned her neck back and carefully entwined the rose into her hair near her withers. Once that was finished, Aveira returned her gaze to Spice and Wayne. Their meeting had started off with a fright but Aveira was hopeful that she could trust these two.

DONE | THANK YOU. BUT YOU DON'T NEED TO TAG ME :)

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

Oh gods, I think I scared her!
Does she think I'm a monster or something?
Oh her name is pretty.

I can't figure out what my mind had been going through for the last few minutes. It was like I was thinking, but then I wasn't and I was just staring off into space thinking that I was thinking that I was staring off into space. Confusing right? Anyway, I turning almost all of my attention to the girl before me, with her beautiful name and coat. I didn't comment though until she was done speaking.

You want to know where you are? Well that is quite obvious. Not to her, Spice. THINK. "You are in Heloiva." I say simply because I don't know if she has any desire to know more. She must know that it is a new land with new herds and new faces and...she much become my friend.

When Wayne dropped the rose before her, a small burst of jealousy sprouted in my chest like a weed. But I realized it was of kindness, the soft look on the mare's face said it all. She seemed very thankful. After thinking Wayne, I smiled again and spoke. "Heloiva is a land with new herds and new faces. Four of them, also a few that aren't official, like outcast groups." I explain with a nod of my head. Wayne returns to my shaggy forelock, sitting still as I watch the ground now, seeing as this lady now has a token of my bird's kindness on her body, I don't really want to look.
It's not like she hasn't given me much of anything, she has, but it has soon to wither away and I didn't really give a crap. But for some odd reason, now I did. And I wanted Wayne to like me like I was her mother and friend. But I didn't say that, I just watched the ground, awaiting the next words from the slightly off-white mare.

"Talk."

SPICE</style>
The sun heals many wounds, especially of the soul.</style>

image by gaensler @ flickr.com
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ