Exiles of the Ash

Carnassial Posts: 11
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 6 || Birdsong HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tribs

Carnassial
“Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires.”
― William Shakespeare, Macbeth

With purpose the orange-painted stallion moved through the trees, long limbs carrying him with a poise one expects of confidence and nobility. For that was what he was; old-blooded and royal-born, a prince who willingly put himself into exile. His intent, at the beginning, had been to merely avoid being a possible threat(as little as it was) to the current queen's monarchy. Eventually he heard word of one of his kin, a small mare with wings behind the ears.

His cousin too, had left their land, and her trail led him here, where it had gone cold.

Now he faced a choice; to continue searching for the only kin he knew of outside his birthplace, or to find purpose elsewhere. He mulled over his options as he paused to graze, cream-hued lips cropping the grass. Almost every movement was measured, efficient, no unnecessary energy spent. He did not swat at the flies until they became too much to tolerate, did not move from his spot until all the edible grass was gone.

Once he ate his fill he raised his head, ears pricked as he looked around his surroundings. It was quiet, peaceful, not a sentient soul to be found. Birds trilled in the misty morning air, crickets buzzed from the bushes, determined to finish their mating cycle before the warmth went away. His golden gaze lifted to the trees as a bird returned to it's nest of older fledglings, and one by one the mother bird shoved the chicks out of the nest, and his lips curled as the fledglings fluttered around, setting up a ruckus in indignation.

Long tail twitched, the long hairs at the end smacking away the flies from his haunches. They draw his attention away from the birds, back to the land around him. Back to the choice he faced.

He cocked a foot and relaxed, rumbling to himself as he retreated into his thoughts to consider his path.

"Speech speech speech"

Waprevah Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 6.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 4 HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
TheIceViking
Waprevah
“And if another of his kind comes knocking on your door, will you open it?"

A smile licks my lips when I begin approaching the Threshold. My arrival is fresh in my mind. It was a good change from the neglect I had been living in the years prior. So far my stay in Helovia has been good, I have found nothing to complain over. Though maybe a few things but I manage to put them in the back of my mind. Nothing to kill over. I am sure something kill-worthy will come my way someday. I wouldn't say I enjoy a foul mood but I am looking forward to the day. But really when I think about it … why is reason needed? Why not just have some fun.

I manage to push my thoughts to the back of my mind when I get further into the welcoming land. I am not completely incapable when it comes to socializing, I know when to behave and no words accidentally slip from my mouth. Whatever word comes out of this mouth is on purpose. And I am pretty sure considering a killing spree would not be a very welcoming subject. Though I wouldn't mind having like minded souls around me … perhaps throwing the word out to test the waters would be nice. Nah, I guess I should make myself purposeful to the herd and not push possible recruits away.

Time is completely forgotten when a interesting sight reaches my eyes. I am unsure how long I have been roaming the land before my icy eyes land on a stallion, quite the specimen. The bright orange tones is what first caught my eyes. After further inspection I can see the dark stripes meet the orange. Majority of the stallion's body is white though, or lightish tone. When I notice the long horn he sports I decide to make my way over. It would have been a shame if he did not carry a horn, I would be quite sad to miss the opportunity to speak to the brute.

Hello there!” I said in a cheerful voice before I came to a halt near the stallion. “You don't see a coat like that everyday” I praised "and I am sure this wouldn't be the first time you hear these words" I added. My eyes took in the stallion's appearance now that I was closer. His bright colours were quite the contrast to my dark coloured and the light coloured mane of mine. I believe my appearance was a bit more saturated, though my eyes were piercing blue. I believe what often brought attention to myself though was the skull I proudly carried on my head.

My name is Waprevah and I come from Aurora Basin in the North, Welcome to Helovia …?” I wait for the stallion to fill in the blank. I do believe my voice hinted as much, though if it didn't I hope he has the decency to introduce himself, seeing as I presented my own name. It would only be polite but he can do whatever he wants.

TAG: @[Carnassial]
speech
word count: 502 words
Image Credit
Please tag Wappy in all replies <3
[Image: 6dbd477f6a4a31a0de8712698f20429a-d8dbyo6.png]

“The ones who are insane enough to think that they can rule the world are always the ones who do.”

Carnassial Posts: 11
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 6 || Birdsong HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tribs
Image Credit

Carnassial
“Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires.”
― William Shakespeare, Macbeth

As deep in thought as the stud was, he did not miss the approach of another, no, in fact his thoughts turned towards the newcomer, and at the first words she spoke Carnassial turned his head, vivid tiger-eyes focusing on a strange mare. She had the skull of a goat upon her head, yet the horns were her own. Coming from the blood he did, he was not surprised to see other types of unicorn horns, so his gaze did not linger there. He inspected her as she talked, one ear pricked towards her, half-listening to what she was driveling on about.

He was not unusual, and if this mare thought him so then perhaps a visit to his homeland would quickly cure her of her wonder. He hears her name and catalogs it, his gaze pulling away from the examination of her body back towards her eyes, meeting her gaze with his own. She obviously desires his name, and the man's pale lips twitch slightly. Names, always names. His name would have no meaning here other than what he did from this moment forth to make a name for himself, rather than his name having credit due to his lineage and not his own successes.

It was amazing.

"Sial will do. It is my pleasure to meet you Waprevah." His voice rumbles out, purring over the 'r' sounds. He was quiet for a few moments further, watching her before once more he spoke. "This land...is Helovia? And you are from the North, Aurora Basin, still in Helovia correct?" The prospect of 'north' already appealed to the tiger-stallion. His ancestry may hint at the desert sands, but his heart would forever be for ice and stone, wind and snow.

@[Waprevah]

Waprevah Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 6.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 4 HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
TheIceViking
Waprevah
“And if another of his kind comes knocking on your door, will you open it?"

My eyes continue to stroll over the incredible appearance of the stallion. The amazement did not reflect on my facial expression though, I was carrying a soft smile I always wore upon first greetings. When I hear the stallion's voice, introducing himself as Sial along with other words I get the feeling he is rather stoic and formal. I dip my head slightly as his tongue finishes the last letters of my name. “It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Sial,” I reply, my words edging on a tone of formality.

Indeed,” I answered. My blue eyes remain glued on him, drinking in every single movement since every single on of them is important. I catch nothing interesting though and before the silence drags out for too long my lips part once again and the words flow softly and carefully through my mouth.

The Basin is quite a magnificent place to be, the mountains are tall and the nights are pleasing to the eye, safety is also not hard to come by,“ I know he did not ask about the land per say but that doesn't mean I can't try to sell it to him. My blond tail sways slightly from right to left, prepared to scare away any flies that decide to rest on my hide, though I do not expect a lot of them this time of the year. Those fuckers should start dying soon.. “If it interests you ...” I continue, my tone carrying slightly caution in it. “I could bring you there for you to see with your own eyes, and perhaps you will find it in yourself to stay,” I propose, my words have been sugar-coated in a hopeful tone which I wish he catches on. My freezing eyes continue to watch him as I wait for his response.

TAG: @[Carnassial]
speech
word count: 306 words
Image Credit
Please tag Wappy in all replies <3
[Image: 6dbd477f6a4a31a0de8712698f20429a-d8dbyo6.png]

“The ones who are insane enough to think that they can rule the world are always the ones who do.”

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
Maren

. . . so i go growing roses in the disarray.

Sunlight splashed on the forest's surface as there were already slightly less leaves to create shadows as Orangemoon had chased away Tallsun. It meant she was her for over a half year now. Time just goes so quickly these days, she sighted, as she reflected upon her aging-self. She sighed, slightly depressed, at the sky above her, for she lay belly-up in a soft bed of mosses. She was just thinking. Thinking while her front hooves dangled above her body and while her eyes were squeezing themselves into slits against the sun. For, sometimes, she wondered about home, about the people she had left behind in her arrogance to figure out how the world worked - And her need to get away from the place. She wondered about the Land of the Cherry Oak, and she wondered about Deneb. Who had died, who was still alive? For some she rarely worried, for some she never did. But there was no way of knowing - and the reality was that she did not needed to know, which made her happy and at ease. For she had what was most important to her, and was with her always: Faith.

Yawning, she decided she had to get up. So, after successfully getting her body straight and ready again, the tigermare stretched her sore muscles and got herself moving slowly and peacefully.
Time to go home.

She had barely started walking or voices had found their way around the trees and bushes, into her ears. She could not make up what they were saying, for she stood too much with the wind in her back to make out words. But she saw them, with wide open eyes, in the far, through the silhouettes of branches and bushes: Two of them. One creature had her behind turned to Maren. She did not stand out that much. Maren's eyes were more glancing at the other one - surprised, as she bit her tongue. Because you, Sir, seem familiar. Not really sure if she was doing something she was going to regret later today, she walked towards the pair. The tigermare halter her pace with a bit of a space still left between them, kindly ignoring the mare she didn't know. For she had recognized the Sir. as a ghost from the past. For he stood out, this tiger-striped stallion with the horn of a foreigner to their birthplace. Just like her wings did, it marked the fact that they were both half-bloods.

Well this is ironic, she mused in thought. If anyone, she had expected her brother, Gha'Tor, to come waltzing in to remind her of the past. But instead of her beloved, it was someone else. Someone who had, even in all those years, rarely swam the sweet waters of her mind: Her cousin, Carnassial. She had remembered him as arrogant and stubborn. But then again; Haven't we all been? They had been so young, silly and stupid back then, idiots and fools. Ah, but there was just too much time between then and now for her to tell who he had become. He was no colt any longer. How many years it had been? She didn't even remember.

Not really sure what to say, Maren stared at him for a slightly awkward moment while a frown crowned her always oh so silent eyes. She had never really been a hugger, anyway. "Hi", she told him flatly. Then she bit her lip. She had really - Really no fucking clue how to talk to him anymore. "So... Where are you going?" She asked, casually. The tigermare’s alabaster head turned to the skulled mare, not entirely subtle, and then back at her cousin: Blinking, silently questioning him, as her eyebrows slowly raised higher and higher from their frown under silent, burgundy shaded eyes.

@[Carnassial], @[Waprevah]
Image Credit
Please tag me