the Rift

Carrier of the night sky

Kroonjuweel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Her heart had never pounded this hard before. She felt the rush of adrenalin racing through her veins, giving her chills down her spines. Her muscles were sore. It felt like a thousand bees stinging whenever she took a step. How long had she been walking this road? A few days, at least. She remembered the sun setting and rising again and again. Even the nights were different out here. It was as if the stars moved with her. The birds chirping, the smell of grass, the colour of the flowers; everything was different. And differencies scared her. Her heart felt like a misty, gloomy day, with dew hanging from sad plants. She missed home, but this was the best option for her. She needed this new adventure.

A small layer of sweat formed on top of her thin, black hide. It made her coat look shiny. She hated sweat. She looked around, with her ears tipped inwards as radars, trying to locate every little sound. The trees seemed to reach for the sky. She stopped and followed the patches of moss on the trees with her eyes, looking upward. A deep sigh left her mouth. She had difficulties keeping her eyes wide open, she had never been this tired in her life, even though this place was all new and needed her full attention. The scenery was beautiful, she couldn't deny. The rays of the sun were filtered through the rooftop of leaves. Small particles of dust were floating through the air. A bird was singing. The sound calmed her. Nature always calmed her when the mess in her head was too much for her. She closed her purpelish eyes for a second, letting the smell of the forest in her lungs.

Her peaceful moment scattered in a thousand pieces of fear of the unkown when she felt something tickly on her back. With eyes wide open and her heart pounding she made a quick move to the right, and the bug left her back. She made a relieved sound and looked around quickly, hoping nobody had seen her. She had rarely been in a forest because her herd always roamed the plains, and she didn't know about the dangers here. Maybe that bug could have bit and killed her.... She started walking again. She was constantly looking around. Thoughts made her head all cloudy. Was it the right choice? Maybe she wasn't even welcome here? What if?

A smell she hadn't smelled before. A sound she hadn't heard before. And above all, a stranger she hadn't seen before. Right in front of her.

Waprevah Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 6.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 4 HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
TheIceViking
Waprevah
“And if another of his kind comes knocking on your door, will you open it?"

I inhale the sweet scent of the forest, filling my mind with nostalgia. Not my greatest memories but still smelled like “home”. I had an actual home now though, and I quite enjoyed it. Sometimes it got a bit too cold for my liking but I wouldn't let it ruin my day. Worst case scenario … huddle up in a cave and wait it out, and that wasn't even bad. However I have always enjoyed the forest and that is one thing the Basin lacks ...though it does make up for it in many ways. I have nothing to compare my current home to but I'm positive it is quite comfortable.

My gate shifts from walking to trotting, my body smoothly moving between the trees. I have to be careful that my horns don't get left behind, it has happened more times than I would like to admit. Not so much now that I am older, but I was a clumsy foal.

A scent fills my nostrils as I continue to inhale the aroma of the earth around me. Not a surprise seeing as this is the Threshold. I manage to trail after the scent and after a few moments I can see the equine I am following, a unicorn actually. I come to a halt and examine her for a moment, keeping my distance. Her coat reminds me of the nights in the Basin, wonderful colours. She lacks a mane though, but it does nothing to degrade her beauty. What really catches my eyes though are her skittish movements … and the fear radiating off of her. I can't help the smirk that spreads over my lips. My skull covering up most of my emotions but the devilish gleam in my eyes is not hidden, and neither is my smile.

I begin to approach the lone mare with a stealth of a hunter. My steps are silent, almost feathery. Though I would love to play around a bit I decide against it, though I cannot guarantee she won't be startled when my voice breaks through the silence. A part of me hopes she will. My eyes grow warm and my expression shifts, the grin no longer visible on my dark lips. “Miss, are you alright? You seem stressed,” my voice leaves my lips, filled with warmth and a dash of concern. Then I wait … wait for the reaction.

TAG: @[Kroonjuweel]
speech
word count: 397 words
Image Credit
Please tag Wappy in all replies <3
[Image: 6dbd477f6a4a31a0de8712698f20429a-d8dbyo6.png]

“The ones who are insane enough to think that they can rule the world are always the ones who do.”

Unregistered
The vague shade became clearer with every step it took. A mare appeared, she was taller than her, with a dark hide and blonde manes. But it was not her hide that caught her attention. It was not her manes or tail. It was the skull on her head that left her in absolute terror. She didn't even know from which animal it once belonged. The only thing she knew was that the dark horns were enormous and scary. It was as if she could almost see the red blood dripping from a big wound on her side. It almost took her breath away for a second.

She stood there for a second or two, with a pounding heart and her eyes wide open. She then threw her head up high so she looked bigger. It was something she had always done when she was scared. She had taught herself this when even she felt scared and it felt like she couldn't take it anymore, she should never show it to others. Only the flick of her fragile tail showed she felt uncomfortable. Her ears turned towards the dark mare when she spoke. She narrowed her eyes when she heard the sweetness and concern in the mare's voice. She spoke like she was genuine interested. Clashing thoughts appeared, reached her brain and left her feeling very confused.

She's okay... Don't mess up your first encounter here!
But still my guts say something else....Why does she have that skull on her head?
Haven't you heard her words? This is how it goes every time!

She shook her head, trying to stop the thoughts in her head. She smiled and cleared her throat. This conversation wasn't gonna be messed up by a creaking voice. "Well, I didn't know it was that obvious.." She answered, followed by an awkward laugh. If she could have the chance to slam her head against a tree, she would have. She still smiled. "No, for real... I have never been here, so I'm a little bit lost and confused." She let out a little sigh. "What is your name, if I may ask?" She moved her weight from one leg to another, a little bit nervous about the answer of the mysterious mare.

TheIceViking
Waprevah

posthereposthereIf my expression wasn't masked up with concern and kindness it would be burning with joy. Her wide eyes and her pounding heart fill me up with a thrill I rarely experience. A part of my wants to unmask myself … just to see what my core can bring to the surface. However, I know better. This is neither the time nor place. I can see the mare collecting herself after a second or two slips by. I admit I was quite sad that I could not devour those emotions for longer, but on the bright side they will be imprinted in my mind for a while. Might offer some interesting day dreams later on.

A soft laugh flows from my lips when I hear the mare laugh. Well, I do pride myself in my talents to spot fear. I shift my weight and rest it on my left hind leg. My tail swaying slightly by the movement and rustling the grass beneath it. “Oh there is no need to fear. You have just entered Helovia, though how much those words mean to you I do not know,” I chuckle with a hint of a smile on my lips. “This place is quite magical and I am not surprised that you feel confused, I admit after staying here for some time I have yet to figure this place out,” I say with a full smile now. “If you would accept my assistance I would be happy to help you around here,” I propose.

And I almost forgot … my name is Waprevah, I come from Aurora Basin, located in the North.” My voice is smooth and calm as I speak. “It is quite an amazing place, your appearance reminded me of the nights there.” I smile shyly to her, though in reality there is not a shy bone in my body. I watch the mare carefully through my blue eyes hoping she will accept my offer. It would be a shame to leave a beauty like this unguarded around here.

speech
word count: 338 words
Image Credit

“The ones who are insane enough to think that they can rule the world are always the ones who do.”

Unregistered
Even though the dark coloured mare in front of her seemed nice and genuine, there was something about her that was hard to grasp. It was rather difficult to see her expression because of the pale skull she was wearing. And why was she wearing that skull exactly? The image of a killing mare with a dark hide drenched in blood came to her mind. Ripping of the skin, breaking the neck, letting the head of the herbivore rot for a month. It made her shiver. It was as if she was wearing a thick black coat of death and despair, underneath her innocence. It made her almost scared on one hand, but on the other hand she felt some kind of attraction towards this creature. It felt bad, but good. A bad choice, but also a horryfyingly good choice.

Helovia. She had heard many stories about the New Land. Some of the herdmembers of her previous herd had travelled to here and returned. They told about how tall the trees were. How loud the birds chirped. How the sky turned into a bright orange when the sun went to sleep and the moon woke up. Everytime a story like that was told, she was on the front row, listening with glimmering eyes like a foal who gets told a story by it's mother. She felt some sort of relief, knowing that she indeed entered Helovia. It wouldn't be the first time for her to end up somewhere she didn't plan to.

"Is it that big, yes? I've heard lots of exiting stories about this place." She said while she looked up. Although it was cold and her breath left her nostrils in small condensed clouds, the sun's rays were somewhat nice. When she mentioned she wanted to assist her, she again shivered. She widened her eyes and tried her best to decide quickly. What could go wrong? She was not to trust. "Sure, I don't see why not." Her own words almost shocked her. Did she decide too quickly?

"My name's Kroonjuweel. Aurora Basin, is that what they call your herd?"

Wordcount: 349
Tag: @[Waprevah]

TheIceViking
Waprevah

I would be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying this encounter. To begin with the mare is quite the eye candy, I find it hard to tear my eyes of that galaxy covered coat of hers. I wonder if her soul is anywhere close to the darkness that her coat possesses. Though maybe her soul is as tender as those sparks of light that contrast the darkness. It would be quite interesting to spoil such a tender aura. With a blink I manage to suck myself out of the depths of my mind, though when I come to think about it, I hadn't sunken that deep. I spent years alone with my mind, we go way back, way deeper.

A smile causes my lips to part when her words reach my ears again, like music. “I have yet to explore the whole land myself but I plan to, and yes, I believe it is quite large,” I reply to the mare. Approving glint appears in my eyes when she mentions having heard about this place, though really I couldn't care less. But I guess it was nice, then I wouldn't have to tell her all the stories which I didn't know. I had never known this place existed before arriving.

The emotion flowing from the mare pours into my skin, into my veins and spreads through my body like a drug. Small doses at a time though, strong enough to get you hooked though, but never satisfying my needs. When the mare agrees to come with me a soft smile appears on my features, giving off a hint of false security. Though I admit I would not dispose her, if she wants to come with me to Aurora Basin I will lead her there for sure.

Kroonjuweel. “Aurora Basin is the name of the land we live in,” I smile. “Would you like to visit?” I ask with a excited glint in my eyes. “It can be our first destination, though if you do not feel up to travelling you are also welcome to stay there, it is a wonderful place, I assure you.” My voice sounds soft and excited to my own ears. I hope my new friend Kroonjuweel hears it as well, though my words nor tone contain no lies. I am not to keen on admitting it, but Aurora Basin has been quite a decent home.

speech
word count: 400
ooc :: sorry about the late reply x.x got drowned by homework for a few days
Image Credit

Unregistered
Slowly, she felt the heavy blanket of anxiety slipping off her back and dissapearing in the cold air. There would always be a part of her that was scared of every living thing, but she was used to that. She wondered how and why she ended up here, in this unknown lands. Maybe she felt some sort of non-sexual attraction towards this soul. She had a strange aura floating around her. In the back of her head a voice still spoke. 'You can always run away if you need to.' That thought made her feel quite safe. She felt the tension in her muscles slowly drifting away. She immediately felt tired of the long journey, now that she didn't have to be so scared anymore.

A cold but gentle breeze flowed through her manes. It carried a scent with it, a scent of flowers and trees and other vegetation she had never smelled before. The smell of her new home. When the dark pelted mare spoke of the land she lived in, she felt a rush of excitement running through her veins. She was very curious to see what the landscape looked like over there. Was it any different from her old home? All sorts of landscapes started forming a cloud inside her head. With her head lifted, and with a curious glimmering in her light coloured eyes, she replied to Waprevah. "That would be lovely. I'm very curious about Aurora Basin. Is it far away from here?"

She had so many questions. But since she did not know the mare with the skull for too long, she did not ask them. She was afraid to be a burden, to be thrown away like she used to in her old herd. That book was closed now. If every resident of Helovia was like this she had no reason to complain. "How many other lands are there, if I may ask?" She slightly tilted her head while asking.

Wordcount: 326
Tag: @[Waprevah]
Ooc: No worries! Homework is a bitch :(