the Rift

In the dark of the night [open]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

The word 'miserable' might have been invented simply to explain the experience of trying to sleep in a forest when it was raining. Take a cold autumn night. Add unfamiliar forest with tall trees that towered over the head and blocked out any inclination of light that could have existed. Subtract company, multiply with a steady amount of frigid rain that poured in a never ending stream from clouds that hung so low that the tree tops would have been shrouded in mist - had he been able to see them in the pitch black darkness that surrounded him.

The result was a very uneasy stallion who only got short periods of sleep before being startled awake by a sudden rush of icy water down into the gray back, the touch of a slippery leaf or some unfamiliar sound that echoed through the forest. He sighed and shifted the weight between the hooves, tempted to lie down but unwilling to make himself even more vulnerable than he already was. The dragon on his back slept soundly and peacefully, safe in a knowledge that nothing would come after her. Lace wished he could be so trusting.

After perhaps the fourth or the fifth time of being roused, the grulla gave up the attempts to rest. He remained where he were, eyes half closed and the tip of a rear hoof resting against the moist ground. Drop after drop of water found the skin and trickled down over sooted legs, into the mane and down each strand until he felt soaked through.

His only comfort was that the gray color of his coat made him somewhat harder to spot from a distance - though he realized fully that the whiteness of both tassels and the dragon would shine like a beacon for anyone who was out walking in the night. Friend and foe alike.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

Autumn storms are easily the worst storms of all. A thought was caught by a sudden gust of wind and whisked away as quickly as it had come. A snow-white mare trudged sullenly through the rather damp night, her large wings folded tightly to her bodice. A shiver ran down the length of her spine as another gust of wind sent a torrent of icy rain down her nape. She tried to use the trees as cover - in a lighter storm, this tactic may have worked - but as the night grew wilder, the dense cover was more of a hassle than help. The leaves pooled water, cold water, and it came down in torrents rather than the usual droplets. The femme glared at the sky, bi-colored orbs dull. Her annoyance was rewarded by a slap of liquid splashing onto her forehead. Ugh.

Her pelt, though damp and somewhat grey, now that her dark skin was showing through, seemed to absorb what little light there was in the bleak evening storm, particularly when lightning lit the clouded sky. An uncomfortable sigh; any others who wandered the night would see her coming from a mile away. And who knew who would target her? Her wings had marked her in her past life - a flash of pain flared to life in her eyes, and she shook her head. Instant regret filled the mare as her soaked banner sent frigid drops everywhere. Another shiver.

And where was the fae to hide, on a night like this? Wet wings aren't for flying, not good flying, anyway, and she wasn't about to jump into a tree to wait it out. She was much safer on the ground, away from the electricity lighting the world from the storm. A look around gave her no consolation. There was nothing but the storm to provide light. But wait - another glance - there was something off to her right, through the trees. The kind of light glow that her own pelt shone with. She hesitated. She didn't know who this stranger might be, nor what they may be capable of. But then, if she saw them, they definitely saw her. Her whole pelt was white, and they only had a part - what part, she wasn't sure - that was a beacon in the night.

The femme sighed. She may as well go say hello, lest they reach her first. And they might be able to direct her in the way of shelter, though she doubted it, if they were out on a night such as this. Resigned, she picked her way carefully through the brush. She began to make out a rough silhouette. A relatively dark pelt - she was unsure of the exact color - and a light mane and tail. So that's what she saw, then. Well, that and the creature that curled upon the other's back. She swallowed. Was that a dragon? Reaching the equine, the white pegasus spoke, hoping her voice would be audible over the thunder and the rain. "'Lo, stranger." Despite the disgusting night, she smiled. "I suppose if you knew of cover, you would be under it, on a night such as this?"

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
[Image: tor_banner_2_by_ladyfey-d5fo3st.png]
Another white mare was moving through the dark, thick trees as well. Except this one was not clothed with pretty wings or a delicate alicorn, nor was her brow adorned with markings. A simple, attractive but not overly gorgeous kind of being. Although somewhat soggy, she still held an aura of peace around her, not frazzled by the rain pattering upon her broad back at all. The mare, named Tor, was a slate-gray tobiano horse, with white paint along her shoulders and back, a white blaze, and four white socks upon her heavily feathered legs. Cold didn't ever bother her too much, although rain stripped her of her protection; her thickly-layered, fluffy Orangemoon cum Frostfall coat was dripping wet, ice-cold, and freezing. Water slicked down her mane, ran in rivulets through her soaked feathers, pooled slightly in the hollow of her back. The night had been worse where she had ran from, so Tor welcomed the protection of the forest, even though leaves may have dumped water on her head and trees slapped her wet flanks.

"Disgusting!" Tor exclaimed outloud after yet another litre of water poured over her flanks. The healer damn well knew if she didn't find real cover soon, she would grow sick, and maybe even get rain scald. "And that would top off a fine day indeed," Tor muttered to herself, closing her big, warm brown eyes. It was hopeless in this forest to find proper rest. If there was, say, a big fat overhanging boulder, it would cure all the worries of the present. Unfortunately, no such thing could be found in her eyes.

So, in hope of keeping her muscles warm instead of slowly chilling, the mare continued on, dodging the occasional dump of water from a tree and trying avoid brushing anything but the grass in this damned wet forest. That was how she found two horses- er, one horse and one pegasus. Two multi-species? To hell with it. Tor thought irritably to herself. Both were pretty enough- oh god. It was that horse. The one she was with when the unicorn was there and she ran away. Tor was uncertain as to why it bothered her so much, but it definitely did. As for the other mare, she had just finished saying something. Something about cover and the weather?

"Bad night indeed. Do any of you need healing assistance?" That's a crappy line, even for me. The tobiano sighed inwardly. She was eager to use her new magicks- not just on herself, like what happened with the hallucinations in the Frostbreath Steppe.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count: ???

Muscles tensed beneath damp skin as the sound of footsteps announced the presence of another being. As black tipped ears folded backwards over the neck Lace turned his head and looked in the direction of the noise, eyes opening fully for a brief moment - then they closed again for a second. Relief washed over him much like the rain, and when he once again parted the white-lashed eyelids there was a kind warmth lingering within the liquid honey of his orbs. Watching calmly as the pale mare approached, he allowed himself to study the feathered appendages that folded against her side, curious rather than condemning. He wondered what it would be like to fly, if it came as easily for the pegasi as it did for the dragons. Did they sweep through the sky like it belonged to them, did they dance with complicated acrobatics out of pure joy of being alive? There was so much he didn't know about her kind, and curiosity tickled the tongue and tempted him to ask the myriad of questions that burned his mind.

A shadow of a smile passed over his lips at her question - or rather statement - but before he could answer the grulla turned his head and nodded quietly in greeting of the second mare to approach. Water dripped from the pale strands of the forelock, and after a shake of the head that send clear droplets flying like beads through the chilly air he spoke to her quietly, the voice soft and just loud enough to be heard over the patter of the rain. It didn't seem appropriate to be making a lot of noise in this night-ruled place.

"Good evening Tor. It seems that we are destined to meet during storms." A glimmer of amusement in the golden eyes revealed that he remembered their last encounter very well, and that he was rather curious as to why she had been so quick to take off. "Your offer is kind, but fortunately you can save your strength for a while longer. Was your visit to the Arch pleasant?"

The stallion shifted his weight between the feet and placed himself more upright. Things were getting complicated all too quickly, and he sensed a certain unfairness on the situation.
"Perhaps some introductions are in order" he said with a faint smile. "My name is Lace, and the sleeping princess on my back is Fajira, my bonded. We are currently not affiliated with any group in particular, as we arrived to this realm of Helovia only at the beginning of this season." He didn't mention the persistent offers he had been given to join up with the Qian, nor anything about the past. It wasn't something that concerned strangers, and while Lace was a generally kind horse he wasn't quick to open up to just anyone.

Swaying the tail casually from side to side his attention turned to the winged mare who had been first to arrive, the ears arched forth in a silent request for her name. In the quiet moments between one set of words and the next, he couldn't help but reflect over the fact that once again he had become surrounded by females. It was amusing, was he really that attractive? Though the stallion suspected that it was more a question of seeming harmless - something that was slightly less amusing.

The Store | The Warden

The ivory fae granted him another smile as another newcomer arrived. A thought crossed Sohalia's mind - is everyone in this land mad to be out in this? - before she turned her pleasant expression to the mare. This one was lighter colored than the stallion, with splotches on her pelt covering a heavy build. She seemed to be a bit grumpy as she asked if they needed healing, but perhaps it could be attributed to the nasty weather rather than her everyday personality. "No, I'm relieved to say that I am currently unscathed," she pitched in after the stallion also declined her offer. Magic, she thought warily, remembering her brief and terrifying introduction to such things. How her parents couldn't fly, had no way to flee while they were slaughtered. Her orbs closed for a moment, banishing the memory, then reopened as the stallion turned his questions to her.

He politely introduced himself, and she found herself relaxing; he, too, was a wanderer like her, and in this she found comfort. "My name is Sohalia. I have only just arrived in this land several days ago, but I, too, have no herd association." He seemed to already know the tobiano, and of her travels, which seemed considerably more extensive than Sohalia's. No, that wasn't true - Sohalia had travelled abundantly, just not in this land, yet. Her wings ruffled slightly, and water dripped to the ground; she was beginning to feel a bit overadorned, surrounded as she was by equines - but then she remembered the sleeping dragon, and at once felt a certain kinship with the sleeping winged beast. Bi-colored orbs focused now on - what had he called her? - Fajira. Sohalia had never heard of a bonded, much less a bonded dragon, and she was curious. "Fajira is lovely," she offered, her gaze soft on the little sleeping beauty.

Tearing her eyes away, she once more looked to Tor. She looked well travelled, for sure, and seemed to have had her share of the world. Perhaps this was a similarity that they shared. "You seem to have travelled quite a bit, both of you," a nod to Lace, "and thought I have done my fair share of traveling outside the borders of this land, I have yet to have the chance to explore Helovia. Does it rain like this everywhere?" The fae was half joking - she highly suspected that this was a seasonal storm, but she had to be sure. If this was a constant thing, she was not going to be staying for very long.

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable
Tor clung gratefully to Lace's polite words, his cordial acceptance of her and overlooking the fact she had run like a crazed filly through the forest. She wasn't, honestly, in the mood for much fancy word-work, and so she was content to sit back and let the pegasus femme speak.

"No, I'm relieved to say I'm currently unscathed. My name is Sohalia. I have only just arrived in this land several days ago but, I too, have no herd association." Which is all very lovely, Tor thought drily to herself. The rain had certainly dampened her usual good spirits and kindly words. "Fajira is lovely," The pegasus, Sohalia, continued. Tor's brown eyes shifted, looking surprise at the small white dragon. She had never seen such a creature before. Indeed, she had never thought they had existed, like the fabled Ner'An'Ook, a being of legend where she had once lived. A wry smile came to her lips as she imagined the Ner'An'Ook; such a strange beast, with horns of a caribou and the wings of a bird, the tail of a fox and the paws of a polar bear, so they had said.

But Tor, despite her rather bad temper at the moment, gathered herself inwardly, although outwardly she simply appeared to relax a touch. "I suppose so Lace, fate must intend we meet more often." She threw in a warm laugh, that would hopefully melt the ice that tended to come with meeting new horses. "My trip to the arch went without any incident." Here, the tobiano's voice cooled, and her eyes become a shade colder. Although Tor was well aware the grullo meant only to be kind or whichever, it hadn't gone as well as she had liked, with meeting a pack of wolves that attacked her and had nearly killed her before she had escaped.

"And Sohalia, I must say you do look lovely despite the rain that soaks our skin. I know I definitely can't pull that off in a thunderstorm!" The tobiano mare smiled, ears flicking forward. Rather unfortunately, both parts of her sentence were true; the white pegasus looked far better than Tor's wet, hanging coat and soaked-through mane and tail, that appeared more milky gray than a clean white. Hopefully this meeting would go nicely, and than Tor could part ways with more friends. That was Tor's goal- to build herself a reputation as a helper and healer, one who could help anyone who needed it, one who was willing for any good cause.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

The sound of voices roused the little dragon from her sleep. She stirred on her warm perch, a slender tail untangling itself from legs and wings it had been wrapped around. It slipped down the side of the gray stallion and coiled drowsily from side to side, while small eyelids parted slightly to reveal misty blue-gray eyes. A yawn forced the maw of the dragon open, revealing a set of pearly white, razor sharp teeth and a charmingly pink tongue for a brief moment.

Then Fajira raised the head and looked around at the gathered horses with faint curiosity. The lack of wariness in her bond's mind was reassuring, and the ladies that had gathered around him didn't look very intimidating to the runt. She automatically approved of the white one with the wings, since someone of such splendid coloration never could harbor ill will. Tor received a slightly longer scrutiny, but eventually she was approved as well. A soft warble beaded from her throat in greeting - then the eyes closed once more, lending the small creature the appearance of being asleep again.

Lace smiled faintly at the antics of his bonded and proud on her behalf over the compliments she received. Even as he returned the gaze to the two ladies before him, some of his attention remained on the slender little dragon that listened in on the conversation.

"I rather doubt that it will continue like this" he answered the question about the weather, "though I haven't been here long enough to know for myself. It seems Frostfall will be upon us all soon... and by then I have a feeling that we will all long for a bit of rain again."

The last statement came with a thoughtful voice, accompanied by a slight frown as the stallion remembered a meeting he had stumbled in on a while ago. He remembered the Sun Gods words, on how the winter would be long and arduous while he was stranded in the mortal realm. And who was it that would come while the sun was away? It concerned him a bit, but at the same time it wasn't something he could affect. The politics of the Gods were way over his head, and the less he had to do with it the better.

[OOC: So sorry that it's short :C ]

The Store | The Warden

First meetings were always so very awkward. She supposed that the timing might have made this one more so; or perhaps it was that she seemed to be the only one who didn't know the others. Perhaps it was the rain or the cold. The fae could sit all night and come up with 'perhapses' but it would do her no good. It was her own fault for coming this way, and her own fault for being a loner for so long. A mental sigh. Everything seemed to be her fault, to be honest. Surely someone could find some way to blame the weather on her.

It must be the storm, she thought. The storm has me thinking this way. A glance skyward as the pair before her finished up their previous matters. No, it didn't seem to be lightening up at all quite yet. Her auds pricked; Tor was speaking to her. At the compliment, Sohalia merely laughed shyly. It had been a while since she'd gotten a compliment, or been soaked to the bone like this. Good-naturedly, she replied, "Well, I don't know about that - and even if it were true, think of how utterly useless I am at the moment!" A slight outstretching of her wings provided rivulets of water, disarray of feathers, and all sorts of general chaos. "I'm not use at all on the ground, and I certainly can't fly in weather like this, unless of course I'd like to dance with the lightning."

She hoped that her words were joking enough; she didn't want to sound conceited or hit on anyone's nerves. Suddenly shy, the winged femme looked once more to the little dragon, who had been moving about a bit before settling once more. The little one's greeting seemed to be as much a hello as an approval, and Sohalia couldn't help but giggle. And now Lace jumped back in. "Oh," she uttered softly, almost to herself. Lace had said he hadn't been here long, but perhaps Tor had; and so Sohalia's next question was directed to the larger fae. "Do the Frostfalls here usually get very cold?"

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable
[Image: winter_snow_by_ladyfey-d5g626q.png]

"Well, I don't know about that - and even if it were true, think of how utterly useless I am at the moment!" True to her word, Sohalia outstretched her wings, providing Tor with a lovely view of feathers sticking up awkwardly, slicked-down patches, raindrops swirling down the white. "I'm not use at all on the ground, and I certainly can't fly in weather like this, unless of course I'd like to dance with the lightning." Tor laughed softly, eyes sparkling warmly. It certainly was true. How the mare could manage to fly, even on a nice day, was beyond the tobiano's comprehension. A permanent fear of heights lingered about the mare- she didn't like even climbing tall hills. Call me crazy, Tor said quietly in her head.

"I rather doubt that it will continue like this though I haven't been here long enough to know for myself. It seems Frostfall will be upon us all soon... and by then I have a feeling that we will all long for a bit of rain again." Lace. He was a handsome fellow; grullo with white cobweb markings.

"Oh. Do the Frostfalls here usually get very cold?" Sohalia queried. Compared to her old home, the Frostfalls were positively cozy here, especially if you stayed in the trees, sheltered from winds and snow.

"Like any other place- can turn from mild to frigid to warm. But normally, they're generally about average. If you stay in the trees, with shelter from wind and snow, it's even better." Tor shrugged a cream shoulder, ears flicking to the sound of rustling in the brush. Wind? Or something else? Her nostrils flared. Nothing she could notice... hmm. The mare's mind began to drift from the conversation, and her eyes skimmed the dark woods around them. Suddenly even more chilled, she shivered, dislodging a thousand raindrops that splattered the ground. Rain splattered her face, soaking her skin.

She felt there was something wrong.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

LACE

Who, in his mind,
has not probed the dark water?

Still mulling over the past encounters with the immortals of the realm, Lace listened with half an ear as the ladies spoke to one another. Their soft voices enveloped him much like the darkness and the rain, almost tangible but of little concern. Like pleasantries on a party, nothing important was said and he found himself almost forgetting what they had said as soon as the lulling tones had reached his ears. With the mouth still smiling and eyes moving between them however, his distraction didn't show and Fajira listened enough that he would be able to jump into the conversation again when necessary.

Perhaps it was because of his detachment from the situation that he noticed a slight change in the night surrounding them. It wasn't so much a relenting of the rain and wind as it was a disruption in the patterns of patter and rustle, branch creaks and silence that rested between the other noises. He more sensed than saw how Tor reacted to it as well, her ears swiveling upon the crown and eyes moving to try and pierce through the shadows of the night.

A sense of calm settled over the stallion. His senses suddenly alert, the feet shifted slightly and moved to center the weight beneath him, muscles readying for movement at a seconds notice. Instincts honed from years on the road on his own began to work and strained to pick up the source of the disturbance. Lace breathed in slowly, lips quivering as he tasted the scents upon the wind. Nothing yet, nothing that posed a threat... assuming that there was anything at all out there. He'd rather be safe than sorry.

"What is it?" he asked gently as the painted mares silence became prolonged, his voice retaining the same even tone as before. Nothing in his mannerism suggested that anything was out of order. Nothing, except that the dragon on his back suddenly came to life again, alert and wings unfolding slightly in preparation. Should anything happen she would take to the air, disappear among the leaves and act as lookout - and if need be, backup.

Credits
The Store | The Warden

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable
Lace had noticed it as well. Perhaps his dragon, more clearly- the crystal-white dragon turned from stone to life, wings unfurling, eyes sharp and interested. There it was again- a low rustle through the bushes. Fear clasped a hand over her heart. Something was creeping through the woods. A tongue of lightning illuminated the sky, swiftly followed by a boom of thunder. Rain cloaked whatever was hidden, and uncertainty replaced the fear. Perhaps it was the wind clawing at the trees.

"I do think, Lace, we may have company." Tor forced the fear away from her voice, and took a couple of steps, casually, towards the stallion. Flight or fight reactions are powerful, and a fight is more likely to be won if you have more players.

Thunder rumbled its displeasure, and snapped another whip of lightning. Chilled and worried, Tor longed to run, shifting her legs impatiently. Maybe it was time to leave. Maybe.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count: 155

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Sure enough, an animal does lurk in the darkness. Or rather, three. Wolves. Black lips scowl, exposing yellowed teeth. Red tongues curl. Wet black noses twitch. Their fur is sodden and wet, dripping off their skinny frames. They have not done well. One snarls and snaps at the other, and the younger brown-gray timber wolf leaps out of the bushes, hackles up. It snarls, annoyed, at the horses before him. Those amber eyes glow savagely.

The second wolf, a brown, appears to the right of Lace, tail up.

The third appears to the left of Tor. The biggest of them all, he's a huge black beast, hungry and desperate.

Desperation will power their movements, and they focus on Lace. The youngest races forward, head lowered to prepare itself to clamp down on those forelegs. Another, the brown wolf, lunges towards Lace's rump. The black wolf circles restlessly, baring its fangs towards Tor. If you help, you will die. The black wolf's furious orange eyes read.

The stormy night was suddenly tense. It was, at first, a small but growing sensation, an itch that one just couldn't scratch. Auds flicked nervously, catching every sound that stood out from the pouring rain. And yet still she stood calmly, her wings folded carefully along her sides, one rear leg cocked comfortably. Her orbs took in the growing discomfort of her companions, then the rousing of the little dragon. That was the sign that set them all on edge, that the sleeping dragon was preparing to be of use. She itched for her wings to be dry, so that she might use them to retreat; but she supposed that, wet as they were, they would be a heavy blow in a fight. What was out there?

Out of the darkness, a snarl was heard. One wolf appeared, then two, then three. They were scrawny, ribs showing through fur plastered to skin. Their eyes glowed with a desperate hunger, focused on the stallion of the group - odd, seeing as he was the only one who possessed a dragon. Sohalia tossed her head, eyes showing white. Her wings flared, showering those present with icy blasts of water, a display of power as much as fear. Wolves were not something she cared to fight, but they could be no worse than the unicorns that had murdered her entire herd. Or so she hoped. Their eyes warned her to stay away, and though she had confidence in Lace's ability to survive, it would be three against one - two, she remembered, with Fajira. But still, it wasn't in her nature to simply sit back and watch.

The wolves didn't seem to be paying much attention to her, much to her surprise. One lunged for Lace's forelegs, and one for his hindquarters; the third, and the largest, seemed intent of keeping Tor away. Well, was she just not worth the effort? She drew herself up, drawing a deep breath of courage - and then she entered the fray. Closest to the wolf that aimed for Lace's rear, the fae darted forward, stomping hooves into the ground, hoping to frighten the beast away from its target. She'd have to be careful to keep her throat well out of reach, thought their jaws on her legs or wings would be just as damaging.

[W/C | 385]
[OOC | Hope it's ok that I jump back in here, guys.]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

LACE

Who, in his mind,
has not probed the dark water?

Twitching ears registered the words of the painted lady. He only had time to reply with a sharp nod before the calm evening transformed into a nightmare. Black-laced ears slicked back against the poll as the stallion glared at the wolves, feet trampling the ground and bringing him away from the tree he had been leaning against. He rolled the eyes, whites showing in warning for the wolves to stay away - futile, of course, but it wouldn't be fair to attack without a warning.
Muscles tensed, the senses heightened. At once everything appeared more vivid before his eyes, the shadows beneath the trees deepened and almost seemed colorful. A scent of molten leaves crushed beneath his hooves, a stench of musk and wet dog emanated from the starved beasts. In the periphery of his vision Lace became aware of one wolf moving towards Tor, the other slipping up behind him and leaving the biggest on his right side. How foolish of them, to challenge not only him but the three of them together.

Then the wolf by his side launched an attack, charging in and snapping towards his leg. He reared and sent Fajira flying into the air with a sharp cry, avoiding the snapping jaws of the beast with millimeters to spare. In a swift motion he then drove the fronts back down, hoping to slam the hard hooves into the back of the canine. Whether he hit or not, in the same motion the grulla lashed out with the hind legs, bucking and aiming a kick towards the ribs of the wolf behind him, just in case it had defied the warning from Sohalia and remained within reach.

Meanwhile, the white dragon worked herself up through the air. Ignoring the dripping trees she swooped down towards the wolf that circled around Tor, cutting the path of the animal as it reached behind the painted mare. Fajira hollered, a painful shrill sound that likely would hurt its sensitive ears, and snapped at the much larger creature's ears with razor sharp teeth. Then she darted away again, out of reach and back up into a better position, ready to assist the healer in whatever way necessary. Lace could take care of himself, he had assistance from the white-as-snow-soaring-like-cloud. It would take more than an emaciated drooling wolf to take him out.

Credits
The Store | The Warden

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable
Everything had happened too quickly for the painted lady to follow. Wolves- Lace- Sohalia- Fajira. Honestly, the draft longed to run, but feel some need to stay and be of help. What should she do though? The little dragon and Lace seemed to be taking care of it very well themselves. "Umm... Lace. Sohalia. Let's just run." Tor found herself saying, eyeing the snarling black beast before her. With a small half-rear, she skipped back, nostrils flaring. Rain doused her, but it was long forgotten. Cowardice was awful, but flight took over her, wrapping strong hands around her heart. With a lunge forward, she aimed to knock down the black wolf with her massive hooves, before racing into the forest. Best to split up and run. The wolves could not outrun them, not any one of them. Except maybe Sohalia, but the mare could take off into flight for a bit, even if her wings were in disarray. Hopefully. Tor was guilty.

Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. As she ran, sweat began to lather on her neck. She slowed, puffing, thoughtful. With one last apologetic look behind her, she left. She wouldn't have gone if she thought they needed her help. After all, Tor was just a clumsy healer.

{{Tor's left the thread. Eep sorry for the bad ending- she's not a coward but she's more likely to run than fight.}}

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count: 155

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
"Pull back. It's not worth it." Alpha, the huge male, snapped at his pack, after dragging himself out of the heavy mud the massive draft had knocked him into. Indeed, they hadn't fared well. Sica, the emaciated brown wolf, had fallen under the hooves of Lace and had barely escaped broken ribs. The gray had fared best, but the white pegasus had startled her, and she had fled the wet, cold scene. Alpha gnashed his teeth in rage, and cut his yellow eyes across the figure. Yes, the white dragon had been a problem too.

All in all, it had been a fool's errand. Just as swiftly as they had come, the wolves melted into the forest, fading away until they were nothing but a scent on the air.

Her sudden lunge seemed to make at least one of the wolves aware of her presence, and between her attack and Lace's defense, they seemed to become aware of their disadvantage. What could three scrawny, weak wolves do against three full-sized equestrian forms? Three... or two? Sohalia's cranium snapped up, whipping from Lace to the spot where Tor had been a moment before. Her parting words echoed in Sohalia's head for a long moment as the winged fae looked after her in disbelief. But then, some were not made to fight, and it wasn't anything to be ashamed of. Shaking her head, scolding herself for her momentary lapse in attention, she bared her teeth at the retreating wolves, auds flattened against her skull.

They were gone just as quickly as they had appeared, but Sohalia waited several minutes, auds flicking back and forth, before she allowed herself a slight relaxation. Her skin crawled at the close call - it could have easily ended in blood - and she shivered, her wings now soaked anew. This was miserable. Lace and Tor hadn't seemed to know of any good places to wait out the storm, but perhaps if she continued onward, she would just walk out of it. High hopes for such a night, she knew, but even still. Her orbs found Lace's, and she spoke her thoughts. "I believe my time wandering the woods has come to an end. If you'd like to join me, you are welcome, but I'm heading away from those wolves. If not, it was lovely to meet you - both." This last she added in reference to Fajira. And with that, she began a trek in the opposite direction of that which the trio had gone.

[W/C | 288]
[OOC | Seems like a decent stopping place - perhaps they can meet up again later?]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.