the Rift

[PRIVATE] Got a Pulse

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper
Restless limbs carried me further away from my snow enveloped home, further away from the awkward family reunion I had just witnessed in the Threshold. Even though the Reaper had my full support, and I viewed him as a more than worthy Lord, there just was something odd about seeing him coddle his fully grown daughter as she reentered the magical world of Helovia. Maybe my feelings would be different when I had a daughter of my own, a million years down the road, but for now the idea of close knit families threw me off. Although my own wasn't torn apart, if we were close I wouldn't be travelling the expanse of Helovia in hopes of running into my blood stained twin.

White and black splashed limbs moved effortlessly through the slush of melting snow that showed more signs of the world warming and Birdsong coming. With each passing second the whites and grays that filled the normal void were growing darker and darker as the sun rose, soon my world would be stained a black as deep as a starless sky once again. When I was younger, the rising sun would bring a sense of panic to my infantile mind, soon the world would be dark again and I would have to rely on those around me once again. But now, now that I was older and had gotten more accustom to the lack of vision life in general was just easier. That didn't mean I didn't prefer to travel at night when I could see without the assistance of the red kite flying overhead. 

Bright lids fluttered shut, blocking the rising sun from moon eyes, bringing the usual darkness a few moments early while the scent of blooming flowers tickled the delicate nerve endings that lined my nostrils. Thistle Meadow. Here I would stop and rest a few moments, allowing Edison to relax before striking westward once more where I would hopefully run into my heat-loving brother and his words of advice and wisdom. More so, I wanted to know how the family was doing since I had gone into self driven shunning, my short time in the Basin before heading out once more had been pointless as I hadn't ran into my father or my mother. So instead I would get my updates from Sacre.

"Talk?"
jalfjsdlaj sorry it's kinda shit. had to go to work so ending is awkward e.e @Sacre @Ranjiri
roux
blame it on my own sick pride
image credits
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

The last time I had been in the meadow was when it was snowing and I was slowly freezing. If it hadn't been for Destrier and his two dragons I probably would have frozen. Anyways, I hadn't been back to the meadow until Frostfall had finally anded and Birdsong began because I wasn't too keen on getting stuck in another snowstorm. But the snow was melting and the chill wasn't so prevalent so I went back.

I flew until the meadow stretched out before me, a sea of green with only a few patches of slushy, melting snow. It definitely wasn't as bad as it had been before, so I landed. The ground was muddy, certain areas of it sucking at my hooves more viciously than other parts, but it wasn't so bad... it definitely wasn't as bad as it had been the last time I was here. I couldn't wait for all of the slushy snow to be melted away, though, and the ground to be a bit drier so that every trace of Frostfall was erased.

I wandered aimlessly across the meadow because there was nowhere in particular that I was going and nothing that I needed to do. I guess I had just been bored and wanted a change of scenery. I certainly didn't expect to happen upon anyone in the meadow (mostly because it was so big), let alone it be someone that I knew, but I remembered Roux. I remembered meeting him on the beach, the same day I met the grandfather that seemed wholly uninterested in me. And I remembered finding him, again, outside of the Heart Caves.

"Sacre...in the ca-aves. I-- I killed a boy."

I had fled then, scared and unsure of what to do or even say. I just ran like a coward.

"Roux?" I called out to him, hesitantly, my voice soft.

"."

Credits

@Sacre @Roux

aud pixel!

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
I'd rather kiss the ground,
Than kiss a starless sky

Sacre was on his way back from patrol having dawdled along in the pretty Secret Grove gawking at the scenery whilst his foxes played amongst the willows. On his way, the young stallion had taken a detour and purposefully missed the Thistle Meadow knowing what pain it brought. It had taken a bit longer as he had travelled to towards the Veins and past the Rotunda, but his heart wasn’t as heavy in his chest. However, this time Sacre had stopped at the two diverging ways and contemplated cutting across the Meadow he had been born in and the Meadow that had also brought death with it. It made his throat go tight. Still, was he going to avoid it forever? Perhaps duty would one day bring him to this place again and he wouldn't be able to avoid it. Perhaps it was best to face the memories now rather than later. In the end, it had been the gentle nudges of two troublesome foxes that nursed him forward, their intrusive bonds soothing his chaotic mind. Travelling into the Meadow now, as the sun rose and the night faded away, it wasn’t easy but it got better slightly with every grief stricken stride.

His cloven hooves sank deep into the muddy ground, the last remnants of winter lingered stubbornly as spring beckoned and awoke, hopefully the days would soon be much warmer. 

It was then that Sacre heard a muffled thud of a Pegasus landing and he looked up from his moping to spot a familiar hybrid. It was Ranjiri! How long had it been since he’d seen her? It was odd that he recognized her so well, she was part of a past memory that was still so vivid of Roux and the dead colt, but still he knew very little about the mare. Apart from she was nice and they lived in the same herd. However, that was all Sacre needed to know as he bounced into a lively trot and chased after her.

She seemed to have spotted something or someone and Sacre squinted his eyes to see past her. Who was it? He was red with two white stockings; his mane fell in dark folds and a white horn sat atop his head. He was familiar, shockingly familiar, he was blood and Sacre’s other half. A jolt went through the red stained boy as tears welled into his eyes and his heart leapt with joy. Inari bounced and sprinted forward "it’s Roux!" he shouted with glee into the halls of Sacre’s singing mind as Ríona followed in utter bemusement. All this time and after all this searching, there he was.

"Roux!" he yelled after his twin and burst into a sudden gallop. Flying towards Ranjiri and on to his brother, tears soaking into his red streaked face that beamed in elation and hinted with relief. Hooves pounded and hearts soured, two foxes held their tails aloft as they ran with their horned friend until finally Sacre slammed all on to stand before Roux and held out a gentle nose to try touch his blind brother. "I’ve missed you" the words dropped out of his mouth and were laden with devotion. His body trembled for a moment before slowly the excitement began to abate a little and finally he was able to raise his head, smiling his usual brilliant brash grin at his brother "where have you been?" he prodded. Did he know about mother? Time would tell.

Finally he turned to Ranjiri with an apologetic look, hoping he hadn’t offended her in his rush of joyous reunion "Ranjiri! It’s good to see you again" he beamed towards her like sunlight. His world had suddenly exploded into colour.

@Roux @Ranjiri

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!