the Rift

[OPEN] Made to Heal

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
a light from the shadows shall spring

Setting: Orangemoon, late afternoon/early evening

If finding Cera was going to prove to be a bit of a problem, finding one of the head healers was something else entirely. At least he knew who Cera was, had spoken to him (through briefly). All he had today was a name - Sikeax - but had no idea what she (he was pretty sure it was a she) looked like or where she was likely to be found. He really needed to become more proactive with learning the members of the herd, but that was part of the reason why he was looking for the heads of the different sections. The sooner he found out where he could be helpful, the better. Ampere could not be his tour guide forever, as pleasant as that would be.

Really pleasant, actually.

No, she had real business to worry about - being a gladiator and all - and he could at least handle these little missions on his own.

He paused with a thought, debating. Maybe he could go find her and see if she would help find this Sikeax… no. No, Mesec. You’ve got this. Shaking his head, the silver-lined shadow continued on his path.

The day was growing old, the rumbling of distant thunder in the distance threatened a storm but it did not look serious - just a storm out at sea - but the air had cooled down noticeably as the sun grew lower and lower. The demigod had been wandering most of the Throat, asking a few others for help - getting a confirmation that it was, in fact, a she that he was looking for - but no one seemed to know exactly where the Sun Physician was today or if she was even in the Throat. Which was fair enough, this meeting was rather impromptu and it wasn’t as though he had set up an appointment or anything.

Finding himself back at the oasis, Mesec side and opted for a break - a chance to graze upon the light grasses and think about where else he could look. Dark wings folded against his sides and the setting sun cast out golden rays wherever it could peak through the clouds. Where do healers hang out? Well, he would either run into someone that either happened to be who he was looking for or someone that would know where she was. If this continued, he’d probably go through the entire herd and eventually it would just be a process of elimination! Not an effective way to contribute but it kept him busy at least… right?

image by Blu

for @[Sikeax]. Absolutely no rush! I know you're on busy, just wanted to get it up for whenever you're back and your wrists are feeling better ^^
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Find a way to believe in fate

Storms.
They breathed an air of real aggression into the world, laughing maniacally in the face of anyone who dare challenge their superior presence in the world. A constant show of strength was like a dark, macabre opera: loud, vibrant, bursting with emotion in a language the champagne mare would never understand.
The whole show pushed her away from her true love. She was a woman scared of her lover in times of turbulence, fleeing with a fast foot that didn't care to look back once she was on the run.
Standing on the beaches earlier that day with lightning strung out across the horizon line, waves agrivated and thrashing, throwing brutal hands that tempted her to enter so that it might abuse and bruise her, she fled once more. Romancing the sea would have to wait for another day.
Cracked hooves drug themselves across grass. Desert sand glued itself to every part of her coat, embedding itself beneath the growing hairs of her early winter coat. The idea of rolling in the softer bedding seemed welcoming, but in the open and after traveling from the outer points to the most inner areas of the Oasis, lying down seemed sinful. Sleep would call her name soon enough, and lacking a partner to lay with for the night, the likelihood of encountering predators in the night was high.
Even if it was Orangemoon, some could still be desperate.
In some sort of strike of luck, she finds Him, whoever he happens to be. The dark set of wings is foreign, too low in shade and too high in height to be Ampere, though it seemed unlikely that Sikeax could displace the small mare from a crowd. He is an absolute stranger residing within her home, someone she'll probably be expected to know later on.
Wasn't that how it always ended up?
She is rather cautious in her arrival, moving into the area with a slow gait that mimicked a stalk, watching with careful eyes to ensure that this wouldn't lead to startlement or aggression. A soft nicker announces her presence to him, extending her horned skull outwards at the full length of her neck. Blue light poured over her features, outlining the lines that detailed out every bit of her caution in his presence.
"Would you mind if I joined you?" It was not an issue, was it? The invasions didn't affect the Throat as far as she was aware, so whether or not he was outcasted from them and had come to the Throat for refuge was unknown. They were strangers living in the same home as others were, and seeking safety in the company of another couldn't kill.

@[Mesec]

Image Credits
Table by Imi <3

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Mesec was just considering giving up his search for the day, finding somewhere quiet to spend the night when a gentle nicker alerted him that he was no longer alone. Pupiless eyes turn to see a mare standing nearby, blue light from her horn washing her features in a soft light. Was she acting cautious because of him? He wondered why but quickly realized that he was still a stranger in this herd. He had been careful to not make too many waves with his joining - though he had quickly found out a couple rumours started up around him. Complete strangers had been familiar with his name, with his heritage, and that was a rather uncomfortable feeling.

Still, at least he had not been met with any hostility. Just caution, like what this pale mare was exhibiting now. “Not at all!” His smile was warm as he greeted her, not pretending even a little bit about how her company was welcome. It was a little overwhelming just how many different faces there were to learn here in the Throat. He had done this before in the Foothills but things always seemed a little easier when you were younger… and he had his family there to help him - Ophelia and Roskuld. Now, without a rambunctious (to put it nicely) little sister to run around and introduce her ‘big bro’ to anyone and everyone he had to do it himself. “I’m Mesec.” He was trying to not shy away from company, especially that of strangers, trying not to become just a shadow in the back of the herd.

That was why he was trying so hard to find the right place for him, why he hoped finding Cera and Sikeax might help him. Maybe this mare could help? Well, maybe the best way to make friends wasn’t going to be to start asking everyone if they could help him find other people but after his search had come up empty, he figured it couldn’t hurt. “Say, you wouldn’t happen to know who Sikeax is, would you? I’m supposed to find her and I’ve been looking all day…” The one thing that he had neglected to ask anyone that he had met today was what Sikeax looked like, so he might be better prepared for when he did run into her.

image by Blu

@[Sikeax]

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Find a way to believe in fate

Her presence is thankfully acknowledged, pressing her ears forward in an attentive manner to show the attention was mutual. Every bit of her raises up out of the previous lowered position, greeting him with a slight nod. While she is glad that he has given her the right to join him, and his somewhat cheerful demeanor gives the appearance that the dark man is nothing but kind and welcoming, there is always the chance that keeps her on edge.
She steps into place beside him at a walk, offering a good five to seven feet between him and herself. Her head dips to gather a mouthful of grass, chewing quietly as she offers all of her senses to him.
Mesec?
Again, the name is unknown and she is now sure that they've met in the past. "Hello, Mesec. Thanks for letting me join you. It can be hard to find company in the inner parts of the herdland when you're used to living on the outskirts." While he is (hopefully) part of the herd, her name is still cut out from their conversation. If he knew it, it might of been learned from a herd meeting or some other source, but other than that, she wasn't about to let it fly. The idea of remaining a ghost about the Dragon's Throat was blissful and free, a priceless gift to her personal world.
They called her when they needed her, did they not?
You wouldn't have to know who Sikeax is, would you?
It strikes a cord, jumping her into a fully alert state. Had she been neglecting her duties? Had any of her healers been neglecting their duties? The idea now crosses her mind that she hasn't seen any of her healers in recent times, as if she was the last one left in the herd that actually cared about the well being of the people.
Why would one even take interest in the art of healing if they never submitted themselves to the job?
"Yes? What do you need? Are you hurt?" Her eyes investigate every inch of his body that he allows seen, looking for any signs of illness. The appearance of a refugee didn't cloak him, but who was she to judge? If the Falls expelled their previous owners who came in search of aid, then she would be breaking the unspoken set of rules that defined the laws of a healer's lifestyle.
"I would rather prefer that you call me Sia, if you know me as Sikeax. The herd uses it when there isn't an emergency or a formal need to call me by that."
Well, there went secrecy.

@[Mesec]

Image Credits
Table by Imi <3

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

He wondered why she chose to linger on the outskirts, or what had brought her further into the herd, but Mesec decided that these questions were too personal to ask of someone that he had only just met. The curiosities were easy enough to put aside, there were other things that were on his mind - other things that they could discuss. She fell into step with him, moving along and he grabbed a mouthful of the autumn grass as he took another step.

The immediate change in her mood startled him at first, her reaction to his question to the point and it took a moment for him to realize that he hadn’t used the best phrasing when asking after the head healer in the Throat. Mesec stopped in his step so that he could to face her more completely, wings unfolding in a small motion that also showed her that there was no wounds hidden on his dark, silver-lined skin. “No, no I’m not hurt.” With only a small hesitation, only because he hadn’t worked out quite how to request what he wanted to talk to her about, he continued. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Sia. Gaucho suggested I find you and talk to you, I’m trying to figure out where I would be helpful in the herd and the healers are one of the ranks I was considering - the crafters being the other.” Mesec did not know whether he would fit in with either of them but he hoped he’d be able to find a place with the herd so that he could actually start contributing. Knowing what he did now about the inherent healing magic that he possessed, perhaps he would be able to help her out even if he ended up joining the Crafters.

He hoped that Sia could help him, though he had to admit he wasn’t entirely sure what questions to ask her. How did you know if you were meant to be a Healer? Every decision that he made lately seemed to take so much longer as the concerns and thoughts muddled up his mind. “But if you’re not up for chatting about work right now that’s okay too.” He offered her an out, politely, with a tug at the corner of his mouth that quickly turned into a smile. “We can just keep walking and grazing and enjoying the evening.”

image by Blu

@[Sikeax]