the Rift

[OPEN] COME WITH ME NOW

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
I'LL BE YOUR NUMBER ONE WITH A BULLET
a loaded god complex, cock it and pull it
Today he had gathered stones and trinkets from beneath the ground, carrying them up into the sunlight and inspecting them with a critical eye. Ever since the metal had begun to leak from his shoulder, Zèklè had found himself fascinated with metallic, minerals, rock and stone. He was drawn to the sparkling and shiny, the hidden diamonds in the rough-hewn earth- and, much to his delight, he had found dozens of prizes on the northern shore across the bridge, glittering in the sand and winking merrily from crevices in murky cave walls.

He was meant to do something with them. Of this he was sure. The minerals nearly spoke to him, a million faceted voices begging him to make them into something new, give them purpose and life. He had tried stacking them, throwing them, hiding them. He had stared at the things through sunbeam eyes, let them fill his gaze until there was nothing left but him and them and the world had gone dark. With shocking patience for a child usually so wild, he waited, and waited, and waited.

Still, nothing seemed to change.

Maybe he had to speak to them, to coax the mineral from the dirt, convince it that it was okay, it could change, he was a friend and a harbinger of metamorphosis, not destruction. Maybe, like the metal on his side, it would eventually free itself from whatever held it back, ease its way into the world with all the boldness the boy knew it must possess. The rocks wanted to change they wanted to live, Zèklè knew that much.

He just needed to figure out how.

He had amassed a small fortune in quartz and hematite, thunder egg and opal- even some gold flecks and bright emerald shards. Copper, cobalt; all were added indiscriminately to the mix, until at last the boy had collected a veritable tower and sat, staring, in the mouth of the cave. Afternoon sun baked the boy in a pleasant glow, outlining his features and glancing off the titanium of his shoulder with a radiant glare. The boy was stubborn, resilient, but even he could not stare at rocks forever. Tired, he flopped inelegantly onto his side, a cloud of dust rising beneath the pressure of his head, his wing splaying out beneath him, a great exhalation leaving his lungs with a weary, over-indulgent whoof.

Zèklè closed his eyes.

When he opened them he could have screamed. But of course he didn't. That wouldn't be manly.

At worst he squeaked, rolling and pawing away from the vibrant emeralds which stared at him from a mashed up, mottled, opal-hematite-copper-cobalt-crystal face. The thing was vaguely round-ish, about a two feet tall with two... legs? The boy pulled himself upright, his shock dissipating in the wake of his curiosity. Yeah, legs, and then two other limbs that he didn't know to call arms, one copper and one a mix of cobalt and quartz. On its opal/hematite head were the two small emerald eyes, and gold glittered along its back. It was a bizarre amalgamation of various materials, a monstrous beast of Dr. Frankenstein proportions.

It was beautiful, and it was alive, and he had made it HIMSELF!

"Oh. My. SUN GOD!"

Maniacal laughter followed the outburst, and the boy scrambled to his hooves. He ran, and the creature lumbered behind; he stopped, and the creature came to rest by his side. Wing flared and tail feathers held aloft, he reared, bucked, whooped his joy. This was amazing!

He had created LIFE.

He was basically a GOD.

Z è K L è
am i more than you bargained for yet?

image credit

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

i see this life like a swinging vine
swing my heart across the line
in my face is flashing signs
seek it out and ye shall find

Two years… Megaera thought, almost in disbelief. Two years since she had first entered Helovia; crossed the threshold with a tyrant’s blood on her hooves. Two years since those violent marks had been burned away from the legs she had used to strike, from the mouth she had uses to bite. She had fallen into the pit of Helovia’s Heart, but that reckless act had been her christening. Nearly consumed, she had risen up from the fire and so had started her new life in Helovia, and just how much had changed since them was miraculous. Gaucho had taken in an angry and reckless child that sought a fight out of fear. Megaera had grown since then. There was still plenty of fight in her, but now she had everything worth fighting for.

The pit had changed just as much as Meg had, now an expanse of caverns, though it was still a special place in Meg’s heart. The caves had been their safety in a dark hour and were quite beautiful in their own way, even if to a pegasus they could never match the open sky. In front of the caves, Meg had helped rescue the filly she now loved as a daughter. Here the Sun God had given her a quest. It had been weeks since that last visit, and now it seemed she should go there. Gaucho had named her Sultana, and a new phase in her life was beginning. Though the mare did not often seek solitude, something drove her to withdraw for a few hours and where better than here.

She approached the caves on foot, covering the distance from the beach as her mind wrestled with the weight of the tasks she was facing. A quest from her God and the task of leading her herd alongside the Wildfire. Her pride in both was undeniable, like two bold banners of faith that the two fiery stallions waved for her, and she was steadfast in her determination to prove herself worthy of the honor.

So engrossed was the newly-made Sultana in her own thoughts that she did not notice the colt until he exclaimed and burst into a peal of exuberant laughter. Her eyes, normally sharp and watchful, had been trained on her own hooves as they plod the open grasses around the cave entrance. At the outburst, Megaera jerked her gaze upwards, body automatically tensing for some kind of confrontation. The sight of the boy, Ampere’s son, soothed her just as quickly though he seemed to have some sort of companion with him. A strange glittering creature followed the colt as he scampered about, and Meg lost no time in moving forward to investigate. A Sultana better know the goings-on in the herd, just as a warrior should. Maybe this will not be all that different after all.

“Zéklé!” She called, moving forward and coming to rest near where he bucked about merrily. She remembered the bold blue boy well from their brief encounter and smiled down at him with the warm and amused affection that all the Dragons Throat youths stirred in her. “What’s your glittering friend here?” Surely it was some form of magic, and Meg bent her head to peer at the strange thing.
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

So.

Some chick and her kid were doing things with some shiny rocks in the middle of nowhere. I swear I wasn’t gonna go and snoop around and see what the hell they were doing, because that shit’s creepy, son. I wasn’t even gonna stare too hard at the kid (Because he had…one wing? That’s a thing). I was just gonna go my merry ass on my way and you were gonna ride along with me, swinging in the hoops of my ear, doing your little lizard thing that you normally did. Y’know. Minding our own business.

Except no, we weren’t gonna mind our business. Because you perked your little ass up and suddenly there was a flash of excitement coming from you, and it was all sorts of convoluted and whatever that I didn’t understand where it came from at first. “Dude, don’t stare,” I said exasperatedly, thinking you were looking at Tiny One-Wing. But no, you were looking at something else—something that sparkled in our link, your eyesight sliding across mine, and I saw what you were looking at, at the glittering mass of what-the-fuck that caught your attention.

“Oh, word? I sort of exploded, turning my whole ass around to get a glimpse of the thing that was sort of ambling around. The kid was screaming (a different kind of maniac, I guess) and the lady was kinda standing there, probably being proud of her son. I mean, I guess I could’ve left them alone with his science project. But nah, you just had to see what the fuck was going on and I wasn’t really trying to stop you.

Bitchin’,” I said, coming upon them—my eyes glued to the thing made out of shiny, precious stones, and I was too excited to really check my tongue around a little guy. I mean…he could blot it out in his memories. I guess. “How’s a lil’ idiot like you get a thing like this? Okay, wow that sounded pretty mean in retrospect, but I swear it was all in love, ‘kay? I mean, look at the shit! You scurried to my nose, demanding that I lower my head so you could crawl your tiny ass onto the thing--but I didn’t, not yet, because I was still getting my own eyeful of the awesome shit this kid had waddling around with him.

@[Zèklè]
@[Megaera]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
I'LL BE YOUR NUMBER ONE WITH A BULLET
a loaded god complex, cock it and pull it
The more he looked at it, the more it seemed to look back, its emerald eyes bright and unblinking in a face of mottled stone. Zéklé had been proud before, but that was nothing compared to this, what he felt as he looked at the first thing he had ever created, the first life he had ever given, the first really, really special thing he had ever done. So what if he only had one wing, and there was metal coming out of his other side, and he was still shorter than the other kids? So what if he talked funny and liked rocks and didn't know how he felt about his Da? None of 'em could do anything like this, of that he was certain, and the grin which stretched across his lips threatened to split the boy's face.

What all could it do? Would it follow him? Zéklé took a hopping step backwards, widening the distance between himself and the thing. When nothing happened the boy frowned, brows growing tight over sunbeam eyes. "Come here!" he demanded, and remarkably the thing obeyed, tottering into motion on squat little legs, ambling leisurely toward its impatient maker. The boy laughed his delight - "So cool! Holy shit!" - with swear words stolen from Ma's vocabulary, rusty and awkward with disuse in such a youthful mouth.

Still, they seemed appropriate. Something about their forbidden nature was perfect for this event.

They were not alone, the inventor and his creation, and it wasn't long before others flocked to see what the boy had built. For a moment he hoped it would be Ma, and he could show her what he'd made, but the boy's smile only faltered slightly as the familiar warrior rose into view. Zéklé liked the bay mare, but her promotion to Sultana left their relationship on shaky terms. Really, it shoulda been Ma who was the new queen- he knew that, even if Ma denied it, and told him to hush, and that Meg was a much better choice, and that she didn't want to be Sultana, anyway, and to mind himself. And now that she was Sultana, would the bay be aloof, distant, an unknown the way Gaucho was? Zéklé never knew how to approach the massive stallion who may be his father.

But the mare didn't seem to stand on formality, and he was quickly drawn back to the present by boyish pride in his created golem. "I made it!" the child gleefully declared, waiting for the inevitable praise, the awe which he knew would wipe across her face. Wow, she'd say, Just wait until your Ma sees it! And Gaucho! He'll be so impressed!

(why is suddenly mattered that Gaucho be impressed was not something he knew, or particularly wanted to dwell on. So he shrugged it off.)

But there wasn't a chance for them to talk, because someone else came, someone totally new. Zéklé spun on his hind legs, letting his wing splay out for balance; the grin did not leave his face as he took in the stranger, and the lizard on her face. "What's that?" he demanded, at the same time she stopped and said "Bitchin'" (a fun new swear word), recoiling quickly to turn his gaze back upon the golem. It was resting at his right hind now, evidently unconcerned with the rest of the world, totally chill.

The stranger called him a little idiot, but he was too elated to really care. Instead he turned his brassy gaze on her, letting his smile widen with young delight. "I made it," he repeated, proud to prove that he clearly was not an idiot, hoping to dumbfound the older, wingless girl and her lizard. He didn't think to be concerned that she was a stranger- after all, Meg was there, and they were right by the Throat, and nobody had ever tried to hurt him before, anyway. "Y'wanna see what it does?"

He wanted to show off, especially since there were girls there, and one was their new Sultana. Of course, he had no idea what it could do, besides follow him around and look awesome. But his ego had grown too big for his head, and he was too caught up in his massive success to do anything less than promise the moon, and beside, he had absolute faith in his creation, just like he had absolute faith in himself.

[ @[Megaera] Sorry, he's such a spazz! ]

Z è K L è
am i more than you bargained for yet?

image credit

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
It had been a bit of a surprise to Meg to discover just how much she liked foals. It seemed natural that she should feel protective of them, sure, a warrior, a mother (by magic) and now a Sultana, it was her job to guard and guide them, but the crop of young things that currently plagued the Throat had wormed their way into her heart so very easily. Ryuu, Hertz, Zéklé, Mordecai, they all had attitudes a mile high and spunk coming out their ears, and they amused Meg to no end.

The boy proclaimed his new creation with such fervent pride that Meg could’t help but laugh. “It’s fantastic! Looks like you’ve found your own magic talent, and a powerful one at that!” It wasn’t lie, giving some form of life to a pile of glittering stones really was incredible. Still, Meg might have been a little grandiose in the tone of her voice when she said it, adding a little extra bravado for the colt’s sake. She remembered how little Hertz had responded to praise and she doubted Ampere’s son would be much different.

Some where in the back of Meg’s mind the offhand comparison of the two colts raised some flag. Hertz had said Alija and Bucephalus where his parents but why then did her bare so much more physical resemblance to Ampere’s boy? The shades of blue were different, but still there, and both were marked by lightning Alija’s other boy had no such marks, but maybe the healer’s white makes had just taken a slightly different form?

Before Meg could dwell on the intricacies of genetics for more than a few seconds, she was distracted completely by the arrival of a loudmouthed unicorn with a lizard on her face. The Heart always attracts the strangest crowd. Meg thought as the new mare came closer to investigate tho golem. As the stranger seemed far more interested in the creation than the creator, Meg was not immediately put on her guard, but all the same, the Sultana sidestepped nonchalantly to move herself a bit closer to the boy. The mare’s language didn’t bother her, Meg wasn’t exactly a strict guardian, so al long as she showed no signs of wanting to cause trouble, Meg saw no harm in letting Zéklé show off a bit Once again, the colt was quick to show off his creation, and Meg nodded encouragingly. “Go on, then, Master Builder, show us what you’ve got.”

Tags: @[Roskuld] @[Zèklè]
Notes: SORRY i’m the WORST! Also, table keeps jacking itself up, grrr
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

The lil’ shit’s loud, demanding curiosity of you made us both smile, getting bubbly with things that rarely touched me anymore, but you were familiar with. This child rubbed off like gold dust; his own hopeless excitement washed over us, his pride in what apparently was his work working us both over, slaying us, until, for a second in time, we were his minions, his playthings, subject to his will and want. For just a short time, we handed the reins off to some wayward kid we barely knew with a moving, glittering rock buddy.

“’Name’s Chico,” I said, as you proudly splattered yourself against my face, your little whip-like tail curling about in order to flash it better in the youth’s eyes. “Chico thinks that thing you got’s really bitchin’,” I said again, this time in a conspirative stage-whisper, like I was passing on a hush-hush secret to the kid. You bobbed your little lizard head and, once again, you settled yourself on the tip of my nose, stretching as far as you could toward the little moving golem. “See? He wanna touch it,” I said, and there was a piece of me that contemplated snorting you off my face and watching your little body flail to earth. That would teach you to keep your paws to yourself, I bet.

The boy swelled under our praise and he told us quite proudly (and loudly) that he had made the shit himself. “No shit?” I damn-near shouted, my brows rising. Someone might think I was being an asshat and making all my reactions super exaggerated, but in truth I was actually that excited. I already said before that this kid’s energy was infectious—and I wasn’t even really interested in breaking off from it.

*"Y'wanna see what it does?"*

Hell yeah we do, I said, "Show us something kick-ass." My eyes darted to the thing that clung to the colt’s legs, obedient and blank and way too adorable to be made of nothing but rocks. Or maybe it was something else; maybe I was just super excited to see some kid doing something so amazing, the sight of it making my spirit soar a little, making the corners of my mouth pull painfully.

I looked at the mare who was with him; she had moved closer to him, but I ain’t notice and I wouldn’t have cared, anyway. She seemed cool enough. “Your son’s pretty cool,” I said, and my smiling words bumbling about in a catastrophic way I didn’t understand.

@[Zèklè]
@[Megaera]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!