the Rift

[OPEN] Grow them thick

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel
camon.
Dreaming of a could be

I scrambled from their Threshold, away from that bangled shadow of a man and the mixblood child who spoke so little -- away from the crimson stained smoke, fumes of a war that held no consequence; away as fast as these travel weary legs/wings would push. This land seem infested with wayward travelers, swelling even. A single day of peace passed without issue; I slept on the road, or rather, in the thickest branches of strong trees...all to avoid any unwanted company.

The bluegreen sky looked horrible, like a bruise beginning set in. It faded from green to scarlet, purple, then black. Icy stars began to pop out, one by one, brightening the heavens with their distant reflection. I'd catch a glimpse of them between the thick canopy once in a while. Another chilly breath from the North rustled the foliage, a muffled breeze breaks through to run a cool hand across my bare spine; the effect sent a responding chill down to the core. Autumn was on its way in.

Purposely keeping South, (what was instinctively deemed South,) I'd progressed to a thicker portion of this forest. Though both mind and body are well accustomed to transversing all manner of terrain, the tight canopy and clustered timber was beginning to make me feel closed in, trapped. Shadows grew, stretching their inky fingers across the dirty ground. Taking on lifeless shapes, tricking the mind when coupled with common noise of other creatures going about their evening routine.

I walked on, the long sway of my tail arched and keeping rhythm with the beat of each dagger. A clearing had to come... eventually -- yet the forest seemed to stretch for miles ahead. No sign of thinning. There was still life in these limbs, they weren't ready to pause just yet. Though every so often my stare would deviate from the trail to peer at a tree, studying, searching for a suitable reststop should there be a need for it. The tiny chains on my adorned crown clashed, their noise a musical one. A comfort.

Table by Wanda. Art by Angel

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca

So many changes had been happening around Helovia, even in the Dragon's Throat with the sudden changes in ranks, new creations being built and the assistance for the other herds being offered. The rush of activity made my head spin, and I couldn't help but feel that I needed to step away from the hustle and bustle to take a little bit of time to myself. For the past few days, Pongo was my only company, being the ever loyal companion that he is. It was interesting, how much like a child he was to me, I knew that I would do anything to protect him and that he would be a part of me for the rest of my life. I was unsure if he felt the same, but it seemed that he had no interest in being anywhere else other than my side.

As we walked through the forest, nothing but our footsteps to break the evening's silence kept us aware of our own presence. Pongo was growing tired, his head drooping towards the ground whenever I wasn't looking. He knew whenever I glanced at him, because his would raise his crown back up to it's full height, trying to prove to me that he would keep going. The little antelope was still just considered a calf and he needed to get his rest soon. I smiled softly when we came to a small clearing. "We can rest here, Pongo. We can return home in the morning." Before I could even finish my sentences, he was curling up at my feet in a little ball, tucking his nose close to his body. I stood protectively over him, draping my lengthy mane across his body in a makeshift blanket before allowing myself to dose off into a light sleep while I stood...

There was no way for me to tell just how long I had been asleep before Pongo began urgently nudging my legs to wake me. "What, what? What's wrong?" Now that he had my full attention, he calmly stood before me while pricking his large ears forward and tilting his head to the side. I could vaguely feel his confusion and curiosity, though I couldn't make the connection as to why until I heard the strange sounds as well. A...jingling? No, too soft...Clanking? Too hard...The bongo's large ears must have caught the sounds before I could, but I couldn't answer his questioning gaze. "I don't know dear, I'm not sure what it is..." By now, both of us were inspecting the area for the source of the mysterious noises.
@[Camon] - Let me know if you don't want to be tagged, hope you don't mind Morri joining!
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel
camon.
Dreaming of a could be

A feverous, ghostly shriek sends every hair on my body to stand erect in terror. This adorned crown jerks high and right; glancing warily at the line of endless wood from which the cry had come. Nothing. Both these ears slowly drift back to rest against my skull, while dual pools turn anxiously back to the path ahead. My once easy pace quickens. I shiver, unable and unwilling to allow my mind freedom to give name of that perilous cry.

Be brave...just a little nightlife, a forced smile. Yet when that scream rose again my flesh was quivering and the heart within my breast was racing. Whatever it was, this body/soul creation wanted nothing to do with it.

There weren't any 'unique gifts' I'd ever hoped to be blessed with - aside from the occasional shot of vanity that came with a youthful heart when I caught sight of myself in a puddle or lake. At least for tonight, while struggling through this creepy forest, there is one unnatural boon I desire above all other youthful fantasies. Extremely GREAT vision. This depressing wood, with its dancing shadows and spine tickling sounds would lose power had my sockets been fashioned with eyeballs that bore unnatural sight.

Not excessively powerful vision, just good enough to see through the deepest shadows and barriers. Such talent would've sharply changed my future direction and altered this current aimless march to veer sharply away from unwanted conversation. Try as I might, no amount of peering could pierce those thick trunks that seemed so large around they might reasonably be hiding a ghoul or two. Just ahead, fallen across the roe trail is a thick sprawl of timber, bramble and bush. Marring this woodland path. Spiny black branches, accented sharply; their tiny leaves angled like little knifes. Poking vines and cordage that looked more like dangling nooses.

Much to my delight I'm forced to pause and forge a different trail -- all the while being totally unaware that there is a listening soul just beyond this blockade. Twigs, dry leaves and other noise making ramble snap beneath my toes, making quite the ruckus. A female vocal rises from the other side, a questioning tone...I jerk again -- flinging my antlered head and sending those small chains to jingle their soft melody violently. "W-who..?" I began before my brain caught up with the wild leash that was my tongue.

Limbs slowly maneuver around that mess, bumping the length of each wing against two trees as I squeezed through. After a moment I caught sight of the girl, standing near the bush and for many moments my mind forgets the goblins and monsters of old. It drinks in this dark female, who was taller, older, and in the company of a...Gems drift to it...whatever... it was. Let's just say, "deerlike creature." One of the other things I notice (aside from the deer) was those long locks. Like...the kind which would surely drag in the dirt, collecting ticks and lord knew what else. Out of habit, my feline tail flicks to the side from its bended position; drawing the length of those sunfire hairs across the forest floor.

I had trouble keeping this average amount of hair clean. How in world did this creature manage to groom and untangle such awkwardly long tendrils. A comical vision of this lady running and tripping over her hair came flashing in my mind. She could always just chew it off -- though that certainly was not an idea to be suggested from me. "Uh." It was becoming painful awkward now that I've gawked at her for longer than was reasonably acceptable, "S-sorry" I stammer out, not really sure what there was to apologize for.

Table by Wanda. Art by Angel

@[Morrigan] - don't mind at all :)