the Rift

[OPEN] !! Little Toy Guns [Post-Invasion Healing]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
The darkness was falling. Night blanketing the fields of blood and sweat. War torn fields of history repeating, repeating, repeating. Her mind was clouded with memories of the Foothills being invaded. The pain. The cries. Her mind jumps and her body freezes. Stuck. Conscious clashing with the desire to cry out WHY and run. She had said she would come along to help those she called family get away from the vengeful Moon Goddess. She had not expected to feel so sick about this afterwards. Her body trembled, and she shuffled back, farther into the shadows.

Lied. Deceitful actions. She shed tears in the darkness, in the silence of too many sounds. In fact, it was a silence to her because her mind was making the clashing of bodies, the cries of pain, the fighting merge together into a quilt that she allowed to wrap around her bodice and calm down her anxiety attacks. She didn't have Kaj to hold her right now. She didn't have Quilyan. She didn't have Archibald. She didn't have a heartbeat to match. She had to be strong to do this on her own. She leaned up against the tree, eyes closed as Valiance continued to loop around the battle field - watching those of the Basin, of her family, of those who were attacking the minimal number of Falls members. And, when one was near ready to collapse, she called upon the power of the Moon Goddess to envelope them in a cocoon of shadow and heal just enough to allow them to continue forward - to not be killed.

She was grateful, to see Kaj, Destrier, Romani, Kahlua, and Kota safe - watching as the battles commenced. Minimal injuries would take their hides, they would emerge safe as she had asked. It was only as one after another succumbed to the fights that she began to inch forward. Resplendence tried to edge up closer to Kaj - to her brother, as Valiance swooped in near the end. If they could see her eyes the pain would be evident. But it wasn't physical pain. She had not been touched during these battles. No. She had simply seen too much blood spilt, too many memories drudged to the surface, and now they were to come and live in these lands…

Should he allow it, she tries to press up against his side, eyes lingering upon the on-going battle of two leaders - Archibald and Ghost. "Kaj, he's going to kill her if they don't stop!" she is almost pleading, voice not wavering as the one thing deep inside her tells her that no one deserved death. "We overwhelm them, we've won. Please… stop it…" she says, eyes trying to linger up to Kaj as she stood there, watching the battles.

It was sickening, and as everyone seemed to finish except for Archibald and Ghost, she trudged her way toward higher ground - so she could be seen and heard. Just as she made it to that location, though, she heard Archibald call out that it was done. From this new position she realized just how many had been spared a battle by the lack of Falls members. But, all the same the Falls was now suffering. She shuffled her limbs, standing square and firm as Valiance shot a line of fire across the sky to garner attention. "I will not discriminate. Should you require healing, please come. No one deserves to suffer more than was necessary," she announces. Her voice is strong, she does not waver. Her eyes linger upon Kahlua and Kaj before turning toward Ghost and offering a gentle smile, Valiance shooting from Resplendence's side to try and get the dark, winged and horned mare to come toward Resplendence and be healed. She would not survive long if she didn't, Resplendence couldn't doubt that from the appearance of her injuries.

---- Open to all who need to be healed :3
@[Ghost] <- so you see this since ya defo need it XD
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
continued from Overboard

Shouts signaled the end of the battle. Alysanne’s anger still raged and made it hard to focus, to think, but she managed to remember herself. Archibald’s attempt at justification for the crimes of the day only aggravating the sore worse so she did her best to ignore him, avoid him. Instead, she looked to a sight she was expecting - the gathering of the healers, where anyone could come. And she found the pink mare standing in a clearing where Alysanne moved toward her without hesitation.

Her ears flattened at Resplendence’s choice of words, the tide of anger threatening to boil over once again. Alysanne was going to have to learn how to live with this new emotion, how to not let it govern her actions, before she did something she regretted. Still, she added as calmly as she could - a new spark of venom in her voice that had not existed before this day. “No one deserved any of this.” Something had fractured within the pegasus mare and she felt the pain of it was burning white-hot in the same instance that she was feeling the anger. Later she would mourn for what had been lost - she still loved her herd mates (her former herd mates) after all. And it was that love that fuelled the pain. Gone was the ideal home, the place where she could finally settle and learn to be a part of a herd.

It was all gone. She did not feel a part of this herd any more, she didn’t know this herd anymore, and she wished desperately to be far away. She wished to be somewhere else. Somewhere standing on a beach, with a gentle muzzle pressing into her neck and the sweet scent of breath as they exhaled together.

Resplendence would stay with the rest, of course she would, but Alysanne had made her decision and it did not rest with a place next to the timid mare after today. She did not know whether Resplendence’s choice of words reflected her beliefs - that she actually believed that the members of the Falls deserved some of the pain that they were dealt today - but at least there was help being offered. And Alysanne stood nearby, adding in her own strong voice. A newfound strength spurring her voice as she looked out at any that might be flocking their way and added her abilities to the cause. “But I will help.”

everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

Sore muscles were nothing that the dark mare was unfamiliar with and had it only been sore muscles she'd been stuck with she wouldn't have bothered to see the healers after her fight had ended. She was worried about her left leg because it had taken the force of Talion's kick. Fear pulled at her mind, the idea that she could be permanently injured, lame gnawed at her insides and made her light headed. She couldn't live her life that way. She just couldn't She'd sooner throw herself off of the Edge and let her body be smashed against the rocks below before she lived her life crippled and good for nothing.

One by one the battles were ending and Ktulu limped her way toward Resplendence, her ears back and teeth clenched against the throbbing pain. Deep tissue bruising, that's what it had to be. It just had to be. Nothing to worry about. But what if it was broken? What if it was cracked? 'You wouldn't be walking.' Eytan rumbled as he moved beside Ktulu. The bear was no medical expert and really didn't know if what he was saying was true or not, but he exhuded a confidence that made Ktulu's worrying calm.

"Resplendence." She said the mare's name as she approached. She didn't know her or the black and white mare very well, but she knew both were healers. The black and white had healed her after the captain competition in the edge, but she closer to Resplendence. "My left leg is injured. Could you look at it? Please."

"."
@[Resplendence]
ooc://
Subperiosteal hematoma - A bone has a thin covering called the periosteum, and a direct force can cause an injury with bleeding beneath this covering, resulting in a subperiosteal hematoma.

Icon by Tay

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

Finally the battle drew to a resounding close.

Ghost looked on to Archibald as he responded, her eyes narrowed with a puzzled face "you won’t try to kill me if I do?" she laughed awkwardly as her body shook in pain. Slowly, she closed her eyes and began to hobble away from him "I might-" her breathy voice broke off as she winced in pain and stretched her wings out to keep a better footing. She gave up on trying to spit out her words of bitter regret, if only she had known about Midas, if only- if only, if only, bullshit she scolded herself. Perhaps perhaps if she knew of Midas’ refusal of alliance then maybe she might have had a better chance of deterring it, but who was she to say she could stop a war? It might have meant nothing in the grand scale of things and she was just looking for an answer that was no longer needed. Was this what defeat did to you? Trying to find explanations for a mistake she hadn’t known she was making until it was too late. Instead, and deciding she had not the voice to finish what she was saying, Ghost halted and turned to nod once to the Dauntless. It was one of calculation and respect, the banshee was annoyed at her loss by all means, but she acknowledged his win all the same. She held little resentment, her family was one full of cracked smiles and cold animosity, but she was not one.

It was time to return to the wilds once again, but not without being stitched back together again, so to say.

She carried on her painful walk, following a rather exuberant but helpful looking red dragon until he brought her before a one eared mare whom Archibald had pointed to earlier. The Cadaverous was enduring a number of injuries, though she was still quite able to walk, there weren’t all that many bruises on her legs thankfully. Ghost said nothing, for what could she say? “Thanks for the war and healing me after” she wasn’t sure that she could keep the slick venom from her words so she kept her lips tight. The sprite may have made mistakes, but she wasn’t about to piss off a healer when she had a nostril split and her shoulder sliced open.

Instead, her weary gaze bored into this golden-eyed mare with all life and joy devoid in them, just pain. Her mind wandered away from the battlefield and to that of her bonded, her wolf friend who had rightly stayed out of the fight. He was somewhere, lingering near the borders of the Hidden Falls awaiting the return of his battered companion. After this was done, she would return to him.

[ooc: main injuries:

- The left side of her body has a long cut from sort of mid stomach area to her nose. I’d say her nose/shoulder/neck area took the worst of it.
- Chest injury from Archibald’s big feet both bruised and cut because he has studded shoes.

The rest I think will heal by themselves. Danke! <3]
Underneath it all, we're just savages, hidden behind shirts, ties and marriages
How could we expect anything at all, we're just animals, still learning how to crawl
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
Aye, Alysanne was not having this - just as Res wasn't. But, the tone of her voice, the way she spat about how no one deserved this. It made Res's skin ripple. Alysanne's ears pinned and Res could only blink toward her at first. "Everyone deserves a chance to fight." She says, before adding on, "And then they deserve to be healed when the fight is over." She shakes her head, speaking just quietly enough that Alysanne would be the one who heard to say, "I do not condone these actions, this invasion. But I would have felt worse if they did not have the spirit to try and defend themselvesl or if I hadn't been here and they died from lack of medical attention..."

There is a short sigh as Alysanne says she will help as well. The first to arrive was Ktulu - originally someone Res cowered from. But, today, she didn't care. Ktulu had not come after her and her her family for once, and for today the fear would be gone. Carefully, Resplendence hummed - trying to weave the illusion of calm across the minds of those who came toward the two healers. If they were calm, they were less likely to hurt themselves. Though, she still doubted that her humming would effect as many of the warriors in a strong manner. Aye, but maybe it would be just enough. "Of course," she responded to the dark unicorn, easing her humming for a few moment to answer the dark mare. She moved forward, reaching the mare's side and feeling the strength that came from the Earth. Roots sprung from the ground - covering her left limb in a layer of mud and a wrap of vines. Carefully, it should be weaving back whatever was broken in the leg, it should fix it perfectly for her, if the mare so wished it to.

Alas, as the dark leader came towards the group Resplendence gave a curt nod toward her patient. "Let me know if anything else hurts. I'll be but a minute," she explains, body shifting and moving to close the space between the winged one and herself. A cut chest, that would no doubt bruise over with time. An arching line from barrel to nostril that seemed to be deep was shown valiantly across her frame. Aye, they would need the most attention. "I'm so sorry," Resplendence whispered to the once-leader, head dropping in a respectful gesture. Then, with her tune still being hummed - to try and ease the pain, to give the mind a sense of calm, she allowed the roots to spring from the ground once more - mud slathering over the open wounds and the roots almost seeming to stitch it back together. And, as it all began to dissipate, the wounds were gone (if only a bit of a scar left, that might fade with time). "Do you require anything else? It might be best to rest… I'm sure I can strong arm the Kings into allowing you a nights rest to recuperate before you leave…" She says, eyes shining with pain about the fact that this mare had fought so valiantly to be cast aside. All of those who had fought had done so valiantly, and it would not be forgotten by the pink mare. There was a weak smile, though her body was already beginning to feel the effects of the magic - the tiresome bout that always lingered afterwards. Aye, she would need sleep too - and she wouldn't want to be alone, not after what had just happened. Perhaps Kaj would grace her with his presence tonight - so they could give each other peace of mind…

Res is using her 'false emotion' magic in this post. You can decide how much of an effect it has on your character, if at all ;3

Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love