[PRIVATE] When the lightning strikes.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
<style="padding:5px;">

THE LION WON'T LAY LOW
WHEN THE HOLY MAN'S IN TOWN

The sun sent dappling shadows throughout the forest as the golden mare wandered her way through. It had been quite an eventful few days, being approached by the golden male under the name Thranduil and the winged Pegasus that Rexanna hardly remembered the name of. After that whole ordeal, she had spent time in her new home, the Basin. She met quite a few interesting equines there, especially the one who resembled Death. His embodiment of such a dark theme still caused Rex to shiver slightly; her coat twitching lightly at her withers after the thought. Her teal eyes dancing around the path a head of her as she tiptoed lightly above the tree roots that stuck up almost appearing to try and grab something and tear it below. The sun made for a welcoming feeling, despite the harsh shadowing.

The golden chain that accompanied the mare, danced lightly with every hoofstep. The chain glinting in various movements when the dappled light reached it. Her golden horn, jutting from the mare's forehead was a strong and sharp change to her overly welcoming appearance. Her coat encased in various colors of gold, her white mane burning into a blackened hue near the tips; almost as if it were foreshadowing something. At this point in time, Rexanna wasn't entirely sure what she wanted from this place of residence. However, being quite the curious soul; she set out to explore the lands she wasn't able to reach before becoming recruited in the lands of the Basin. This area held quite the interesting set of ideas within each tree, though. She noticed the warm golden hue that streaked down in sets; shadowing the gashes and scars left upon the trees themselves. It spoke plenty to her, and thus she began to wonder what the history of this place was.

Her thought had engulfed her for quite some time before she noticed the sun had changed its direction and Rexanna appeared to be lost within the maze of trees and branches. Had she been going in circles? She was completely uncertain as her mind made the trees she was near look identical to the trees she had passed through an hour ago, even though she was sure she had been going straight. "What an interesting place..." The mare spoke gently and curiously aloud, breaking the daunting silence between the ever so often bird chirps.
"SPEAK!"

Tagged; @[Tilney]
Notes; OH HAY.
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

The tall brutes cloven clefts dug softly into the mossy earth as he explored the darkened forest. Branches and twigs tugged at his pale, over grown locks. With some steps the surrounding tree limbs would clutch his mane as it trickled through their leaves, Pulling the ivory hair from his bronze bodice, leaving it to decorate the kindling. Shafts of light peaked between the only holes it could in the canopy, leaving streaks of gold on his bronze hide.
Tilney wondered where the birds were; He could not hear their song here. Was it too dark for them? The gloom too saddening to dorm in? He could understand, He wasnt sure he liked this setting much either. The look of effervescence in the light, the way it dappled though was something he much admired about this place.
But with every step, more trees came in to sight. There was nothing else it seemed in this dark place. No water, no places of interest. Just trees.
And so he wondered how he would ever get out, if every stick, stone and tree looked the same?

A blackened maw turned back in the direction the had come, a soft snorting sigh escaped his nostrils. Would he make it home to the basin tonight? He was beginning to fear that there was little chance of making it home before sundown, and he didnt want to be left sightless in this dim, dingy woodland.
Finally, he heard the soft chirping of a finch. He knew there had to be some kind of life here. But then there was another noise; the sharp snap of a stick under a hoof.
His nose shot in the direction of the spooky sound and he saw he was not alone. A coloured mare stood, looking just as lost as he. He watcher her closely, silently, between their barrier; a thick group of trees. She spoke, but from his distance he could not make out a single word.
"Uh, good afternoon!" Tilney chanted past the trees. His pace had quickened and soon he had scooted around their barrier, stopping only a few feet before the golden fae. A wide smile was stuck right across his cheerful countenance; he was glad to have found someone else here.

His verdent gaze took a short moment to observe the stranger. She had a pelt of many colours; gold, black, grey, and she owned vibrant blue eyes. Standing at least a hand shorter then he and with an elegant gold horn she was quite a striking young doe. The chain that hung from her horn sparked his interest, and it was a feature of hers that he eyed the most.
The stag bowed his head, his old and beaten lantern creaked and swung from his mahogany crown as he quietly acknowledged the stranger before him. "This is not an ideal place to be lost" the gentle stallion uttered. He knew he was lost but what about her; did she know a way out?

tilney
And Oh there is more to this life

@[Rexanna]
notes; moo.

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

THE LION WON'T LAY LOW

A few more steps from the golden mare before she lowered her head slightly; curious as to a certain mark on a large pine before she heard the birds pick back up and die out again. A gentle sigh escaped until she heard a voice appear from the trees. She stepped to the side; swinging her heavy horned head in the direction of the sound as it seemed to resonate through the trees. Was it still afternoon? Rexanna could almost have sworn it was closer to night; the way the trees moved. She could be wrong though; she hadn't been paying attention for quite a few hours. She's aimlessly continued to her stride in these woods with not knowing where she was going to end up.

Rexanna's orbs swiftly streaked across the edge of the woods before seeing a large honey colored stag with antlers that mimicked as such, running through the trees toward her. Her eyes glued to him curiously as he approached closer, stopping just a few feet before her. She had noticed his huge grin and his seemingly excited exterior from coming across another being out here where it seemed as lifeless as a ghost town. Her maw cracked into it's own cheesy grin to him in return as she noticed his own electric greens taking in her appearance. She noticed his bow and returned the favor, golden head dipping slightly; the chain moving in different directions almost like a snake. Rexanna swished her dual colored tail for a moment before she heard his words again, turning her head slightly to his words.

"Oh my, please don't tell me you're lost too." She laughed to him softly; flashing her smile to him once more. The mare shifted her weight and allowed herself to take in his appearance. That golden honey color that adorned most of his body shifted into quite a striking cream color that seemed to spread out in a pattern up onto his neck, but of what she couldn't tell quite yet. She noticed his large horns that adorned his forehead and she wondered just how heavy those had to be; especially as she watched the little lantern hanging from them dangle ever so gently in the breeze. Rexanna watched him for a few moments, slightly taken back at his stunning appearance, but tried her best to not make it known. She took a moment to glance around to see if this male had one of those creatures around him that almost everyone from here had, but couldn't find one.

"Are you new here? You do not have one of those creatures that hangs by you." She spoke softly, curiously, and hoped it wasn't a rude thing to ask. The wind brushing through the leaves, causing a gentle rustle of sound to break the still silence that seemed to accompany this place. "Ah, where are my manners..? I'm Rexanna, I am quite new here." She spoke softly, turning her teal gaze upon him. "And you are?"

"SPEAK!"

Tagged; @[Tilney]
Notes; wooof

She was not a sheepish doe, nor was she bitter as so many mares he knew were. Tilney almost didnt expect her to laugh along with him and share in the joke that was being lost in this dreary woodland; most creatures of their equine kind would be quite terrified and pessimistic. Maybe she, like Tilney managed to find light in dark dark places."As a matter of fact, I am" was his reply. The bronze brute raised his head, his playful smile never leaving his ashen maw as his proud chest puffed.
She quizzed him and a laugh escaped his lips. Because some kind of animal didnt shadow him she guessed he was new. "I am new to these parts, yes."

It was easy for this stallion to be optimistic, but the darkening surroundings started to frighten him. If he was left in here blind he would not get out until morning. But how to get out was the question. He hadn't exactly been looking for a way out; really only to explore until now, now that he knew he really must be getting home.
The fae introduced herself. Rexanna. It was not a name he had heard before. "It's a pleasure to meet you Rexanna," spoke Tilney cooly "I'm Tilney."

But fear was beginning to flood him as he looked up past the canopy of leaves. Where was the sun? It was falling away, dropping rapidly from its daytime post in the sky. For a moment he was almost enveloped, entranced in the idea and fear that he would be left in this godforsaken place at night; Sightless. When he remembered that he was now in the presence of a young doe he turned his nose away from the darkening sky and back towards Rexanna. "I am sorry Rexanna, but I must be going" He huffed, stepping past her "Unless you would like to help me find my way out?" He had stopped just past her between two pines and looked hopefully her way. Normally he wasn't so abrupt, but he was frightened and he needed to get as far from this forest and close to the basin as possible.

tilney

@[Rexanna]
notes; plug it up Tilney, jesus.

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

THE LION WON'T LAY DOWN

Her teal toned eyes viewed his body once more before she observed a change in his posture after his gentle voice hit her ears. His head lifted high and chest pushed out in a stance showing Rexanna that he had some pride. She offered him a humble smile before nodding in response that she had been correct, and he was indeed new to these parts just like she had been. Listening more, her ears twitched with every gentle sound that rose from the stags maw, bouncing to the avians that chirped from above. The wind gently pushing her mane back a tiny amount; causing the chain attached to the mare's golden horn to dance, glinting more and more. Tilney. She thought to herself. What an interesting name.

The golden mare, shifting her weight, watched as he looked up to the sky and it's darkening almost daunting demeanor. His aura had changed and suddenly Rex had felt the woods around the two creatures become a bit more frightening. She just gazed at him, taking in his curious markings and that strange little lantern that really caught her attention, glinting every so often with the dying light. Her mind traced back to the forests she had explored upon leaving her home. How many of them became true nightmares after the light had faded. It was at this point that she hoped that these woods would allow the two to at least not have to fight anything off.

Sight turned back to the present as she noticed her new aquantence had moved away from where she had appeared to be looking. She took note to the sound of his voice as she heard it's soft vibrations while he stepped past her. She noticed the full marking on his side and curiously turned back to face him as he stepped past more. 'Unless you would like to help me find my way out?" She heard the last bit of words from his maw and cracked another smile. "I would love to. It's one of those things that is not on my to-do list." The femme snickered. "These trees are quite strange." Rexanna admitted before stepping beside him, taking note in the height difference and pointing a horn to one of the tree wounds, turning her eyes back to him.

"I do believe this is the way I came." She spoke calmly. Taking a few steps, she paused in them to make sure that he was planning on following her. The dappled fading light turning her golden coat into more of a rusted orange. Swishing her dual colored tail lightly, she turned her head forward and began trying to retrace her steps. "So tell me, Tilney, where do you call home?"

"SPEAK!"

Tagged; @[Tilney]
Notes; YEAH! PLUG IT UP BRO.

I would love to...
She had agreed to assist him weave his way around the trees in search of a way out. Perhaps if they worked together they could find their way from the gloom of these woodlands. While it was so beautiful here, Tilney regrettably found himself wishing he had never stumbled upon it in his travels. The last of the light still cascading between each leaf and twig, there was perhaps just enough light to make it out.
"They are strange, but beautiful" Tilney agreed, his own verdent gaze flicking to his new companions aquatic coloured orbs. A sure and confident smile had found its way onto his now relaxed maw and he soon settled back into his usual optimistic demenor. Still though, the threat night posed still lingered in the back of his sore mind.

Rexanna took in the direction she said she had come from, and he did not hesitate to follow. He marched quickly, level with her shoulder. Retracing their steps seemed like the way to go. "I think I came from north too..." the bronze brute breathed, his nose turning to face the drowning sun once again. This really was such a strange place. His new friend quizzed him, asking where he called home and his broad smile widened.
"As I said I am very new to these lands. Recently though I found lodgings at the Basin. It's very nice there, I hope to call it home one day"

For a stallion who felt so deeply and invested so much emotion in all he did, It was not easy to shift to a strange place and call it 'home'. He needed family in his home; people he loved. Tilney also needed safety and security in his home, friends and community. These things he would hopefully all gain in time at the basin but he currently did not possess. This stallions loved ones were far far away and not even close to this land, his friends too. And while he felt safer then ever past the basins Sentinels and within its mountainous walls he still knew he should not give his trust to every creature within it.
"And you? Where do you call home?" Was his own queerie.

tilney

@[Rexanna]
notes; -hiccup-

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

THE LION WON'T LAY DOWN

Working together with the tree stamped stag; Rexanna allowed an eye to keep track of him as the sun began to slowly sink behind the trees. Shadows grew larger and darker and she almost sensed something strange about him that seemed to appear almost like fear. She felt as though they needed to find their way out of here as quick as possible to keep things under control. The last thing Rexanna wanted to do was to be stuck in a huge amount of trouble after just finding her way out here for the first time. That would just go over great. A gentle sigh emitted from the mare’s maw before she listened to the words expressed from his own lips.

Pondering for just a few moments as he noted he came from the North, she curiously twitched an ear to him. After a few moments where he explained her came from the Basin and was curious as to where she was from. The golden mare’s heavy horned head sharply turned to him in his direction; a gentle grin spread across her face. “No way! I hail from the Basin as well! As I have heard upon being new there myself, there have been quite a few newcomers. I haven’t met hardly anyone though.” Her voice rung out soft, gentle, with a small hint toward excitement in the velvet coating of the words. A gentle smile offered to him once more before looking ahead and seeing a dip in the trail that she believed to appear familiar and motioned that they should take that turn in direction; hopeful under her breath that this was the correct way to go.

So since we both come from the Basin, what is it that you do there?” Her voice gentle once more, her breath picking up from the fast paced exertion her muscles were enduring as she felt as though she raced against time with Tilney to get out of there. “I’m still trying to figure out what it is I truly want to do.” Horned head turned back in his direction once more; matching pace with the larger than her stag. Teal eyes glancing over his markings once more as well as the little lantern attached to his horn.

"SPEAK!"

Tagged; @[Tilney]
Notes; -pats-