the Rift

[PRIVATE] where are you?!

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

He had not let the fight fizzle and end because he didn't think he could win. It was quite the opposite, in fact. Alleo was confident in his ability to fight and kill, he'd killed countless times at the command of his father. His hooves were stained with the blood of many innocent lives that he would never be able to wash away. With Lakota at a safe distance and not a target for Kiara and the sheer number of invaders there was no point in even continuing to fight the mare. Kiara's companion had done most of the fighting for her, but she had had managed to get a good hit on his legs and he was reminded of that with the burn of mud against the scrapes.

Kiara and Kieran had gone and he stood looking at the sea of bodies when it struck him like a pair of hooves to the chest, leaving him nearly as breathless. "Rasta..." Somewhere, in that maze of bodies, she was lost. He didn't know if she had been attacked or if she'd managed to avoid the fighting and remain unscathed. His wounds were ignored as he began to push through everyone, his mismatched eyes searching for the pale, blind mare and her hawk.

"Rasta!" He shouted as he moved. Blood ran in rivulets from the claw marks on his shoulders and neck, a section of his mane was thick and tangled with blood that ran from the bite wound he'd taken from the cat. All of it was ignored as he searched for Rasta. His own well being could be put on the back burner until he made absolute sure that she was okay. That she remained uninjured.

"Traitor!"

His ears fell back as he heard Kiara's voice echo in his mind. What would Rasta think of him turning against his own herd? Would she hate him for doing what he felt was right in his heart? "Rasta!" He shoved the questions to the back of his mind and focused on the task at hand; finding his mate. The other bridges could be crossed when he got to them.

"."
ooc://
injuries:
shoulders, back, and neck have been clawed
bite wound to neck
scraped cannons
strained muscles

@[Rasta]

i'm the colorless sunrise that's never good enough</style>

Credits

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
It was a panic. Everything was moving too fast. There were too many bodies, too many smells, too many noises. It was just too much. She had started to retreat ears pinned, tears falling as her chest tightened, airways clenching, anxiety overtaking her frame. "Alleo!" she screamed, wishing her voice could ring out over the battles, over the clashing flesh. But she couldn't focus in on anything, too much was happening to identify separate frames, let alone who each of those frames was. She could only sense enough to know where to retreat to- to get away from the commotion.

So she hid, hid in the shadows that were unscathed with blood for the moment and cowered. Ettore curled up in a nest of her hair, chirping anxiously from his position. On occasion, he would flash images of the battle field to her - through their bond, but it did little to help Rasta out. She knew Alleo's colouring - but with so much happening it was hard to focus on that image and match it to the bodies Ettore had flashed toward her.

This was not okay. This was not okay at all. In fact, to try and protect herself and Ettore from pain she created a ball around her from roots and branches - shielding her from the battle, shielding her from being attacked by too many others at once. It was only when she heard the fighting stop - the voice say the Falls had lost, that the roots began to fall, to crawl back into the ground. And then she was stumbling forward. She couldn't stop shaking. So she cried out again. "Alleo!" But it was only a whimper. Everything about her was weak as her mind ran through the worst. She was choking, mind panicking as it still tried to work out each of the unknown frames around her - to place some of them with someone she could recognize.

And then she heard her name - and Ettore flashed an image of the painted stag across her vision, drawing an arrow across her back in the direction the sound had come from. She jumps, Ettore digging his talons in to stay with her jolting frame as she rushes toward him. Physically, she's unscathed, but mentally she's even more confused and scarred then when she had lost her voice. At least then she wasn't being overloaded with all of the senses. She reaches out for him, trying to press her body up against his as she repeats his name over and over again, tears falling from her eyes. She can't tell how badly he's injured. She can't tell if it is even him she just knows that someone is there.

"Please be you, please be Alleo" she chokes out, eyes squeezed shut as if she were wishing on a star from the protectors above. And her maw meets hot flesh, sticky blood, and scratched wounds. She searches, pressing her maw everywhere - coating her maw in his blood by trying to find all of the wounds, apologizing each time she presses against an injury. "You need a healer… God… Who did this… What happened?"

Well… she knew what happened. The Falls had been invaded, taken over, trashed and torn to be ruled by someone else. But… what had happened with him (at least she hoped it was him) she had no clue.
Rasta & Alleo
you're my end and my beginning, even when i lose i'm winning
'cause i give you all of me - and you give me all of you
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

ali

He continued to shout Rasta's name as he pushed through the crowd of horses, uncaring that he was leaving smears of blood on anyone that got too close. He ignored how his wounds protested against the movement and how fresh blood continued to run down his sides as flesh and muscle pulled and stretched. His discomfort, his aches, his pain was nothing that he couldn't handle so long as Rasta had been safe. He wanted to beat his head against a rock for rushing so foolhardily into battle instead of staying back to protect Rasta. But the battle had called for him, the fight screamed in his blood, the desire to battle along side his sister as one sang to him and he had been unable to ignore it.

"Rasta!" He shouted her name again only for someone to run into his side seconds later. Alleo turned, ready to begin fighting if it were someone from the Falls angry that he did not fight for them, but it was Rasta. A sigh of relief passed his lips and before he could say her name she was begging for it to be him. "Its me." He whispered, pressing his muzzle firmly against her forehead before she moved. He sucked in a breath as she pressed her muzzle against the first of his wounds. He grimaced as she continued until nearly all of his wounds were accounted for.

"You need a healer… God… Who did this… What happened?"

"I'll be fine..." He murmured. "I needed to find you before I did anything else." He reached for Rasta, intent on touching his muzzle to her's even if it was covered in his blood. The answer to her next question was one that he would rather not give, but he was no liar. Even if he did lie she would eventually find out that he'd fought against their herd. "Kiara and her companion." He paused, frowning. "I fought against her, against the Falls, because I cannot fight against my sister." He withdrew his muzzle and gazed at Rasta. "I understand if you hate me for my choice, for being a traitor to the Falls, but if I had to make the choice again I would still fight with my sister and not against her."

"."
injuries:
bite wound to neck
scraped cannons
strained muscles

@[Rasta]

Credits

His normal musk was covered in the scent of a coppery rust. Her mind could only hope that the stag she was fretting over was actually Alleo. But there was a sigh of relief, and as she plead for it to be him she got a response the confirm it. His muzzle pressing firmly against her forehead, grounding her just long enough before she began to run her muzzle across his frame. She was top out of it, everything was so jumbled in her head that the only way she could tell how wounded he was would require her to actually feel all over his frame. She could feel the way his muscles tensed against her maw - the pain he had to be feeling and she continually apologized. Usually she could feel the contours of his frame, the movement and flinches of his muscles - as if he were one with her - but tonight… it was all too much to piece together.

Ettore bounced upon her back, and as Alleo reached for Rasta, he spread his wings and gracefully glided toward the ground. But, as he said that he would be fine - that he had to find her first she felt her ears pin back a little. His maw brushed against hers, covered in his blood, uniting the two of them once more. Still, it was only when he withdrew his own maw that she instantly tried to wipe it off upon her coat - leaving maroon smears across her pallid coat. But she couldn't stand the scent being that close to her nostrils - to always breathe it in, to have it masking the other scents.

Alleo saying that he had fought against her, against the Falls because of his sister. Her head snapped away, roots carefully pulling from the ground to place Ettore back upon her withers as he complained from his place on the ground. Alleo said he understood if she hated him, but that he would have done the same thing all over if given the chance. Her voice caught in her throat. Would you protect me, or your sister, if we were both being attacked and you could only help one? she wanted to question him, but a strong part of her wanted to live in ignorance - to believe that he cared enough to protect her. Her jaw clenches, before her body jerks at the sound of something messing with the trees (alas, it was only the wind, but as disoriented as she was it took her a moment to realize it). Blind eyes flicker back in the direction he should be before actual words manage to fall from her lips. "You deserve to be happy," she finally decides upon - ears pulling forward to focus on him. "You also deserve to be healed…"

Maybe he'd catch the tinge of pain lingering in her voice, maybe he'd think it was just from the disorientation of so many foreign things in what used to be her home. But, it was different now - it was contaminated with blood, and she wouldn't be able to figure out what she wanted until she could clearly see everything again. "You should have gotten healed first. I can protect myself," she says - this time the hurt of the situation clearly ringing in her voice as the roots wave in front of her bodice - forming the ball she had hid in to prove to him that she had been fine. But, when they disappear she's even more torn than before - heart shattering as she fights back the tears. "But I'm glad you cared enough to find me."

Aye, she tries to stand tall - like it didn't make a difference that he fought against her family. She should have known better. She should have seen how he wasn't happy. She should have seen the pain she was causing him. She should have let him leave. Maybe then this wouldn't have happened.

She almost wants to leave, but she knows if she does that she might sever the only thing that tended to give her joy in this world. She knew she had to give it time. So, she tried to stand there, to be the strong leader she used to be. She tried to regain her picture of the world. She tried to forgive him, for the hurt that the notion caused. And, to be sure that he didn't cling to the worst she offered four more words, "I don't hate you." Ettore bounced, nodding, agreeing. For he could see in her soul that there was still a bright bubble of love for this stag who had done so much for her. He could see it was trying to break past the hurt - the idea that she wasn't as worthy of love in Alleo's eyes. She knew, after all, that him fighting against the Falls wasn't saying anything about their relationship. The only thing it said anything about was about how he felt in the Falls. It was just going to take time for the darkness of the hurt to fade, for the brightness to crack through, and for her mind to accept what had just happened.
Rasta & Alleo
Image Credit

ali

"You deserve to be happy."

Alleo was perceptive so he did not miss the way Rasta's body tensed or how her jaw clenched as he told her that he had betrayed the Falls. He frowned, knowing that his decision had hurt Rasta and it had not been his intention. His entire life had been dedicated to protecting Lakota, to throwing himself into any battle and using his body as a shield to protect her and the invasion had been no different. He didn't even need to think, he just acted and it felt so right to stand alongside his sister once more and fight with her. The unhappiness he had felt for so long seemed to melt away and he felt the connection with her that he had thought had been severed. It made him feel whole again and he only hoped that he could have Rasta and Lakota beside him.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, ignoring that she told him he should have gotten healed first. "I hurt you, I'm sorry." She said that she was able to protect herself and he knew that she could. Rasta was stronger physically than she and most others gave her credit for. His eyes fell toward the ground and he looked at the ball the roots she'd lifted with her magic formed and he knew without asking that she'd hidden herself away during the fight.

It was her spirit that he worried about and as she spoke again he wondered how much damage he'd truly done to her without meaning to. "How could I not care enough to look for you?" He asked, resisting the urge to slip his neck over her's and pull her tight against his chest. "I love you..." But was his love enough for her to forgive him for fighting against her family? Against a family that he felt he had no place in?

"Rasta..."

"I don't hate you."

"...maybe not." He murmured. "But you resent my choice. Me?" He didn't know what to do, what to say to make everything better. He couldn't go back in time to change what had happened and even if he could he'd already told her that he would make the same choice. He wondered if she wanted to leave or if she wanted him to leave and he wondered if he would be strong enough to walk away from her if that was what she wanted. "I don't know what to do. What do you want me to do?"

"."
injuries:
bite wound to neck
scraped cannons
strained muscles

@[Rasta]

Credits

Aye, he caught on sooner than she had expected. He kept apologizing for hurting her, for tearing at her heart. She had thought it had been guarded against these pains. She thought she had been ready to not actually be worth the fight. But, standing here facing it… She wasn't prepared, she wasn't ready. The apologies ricochet in her head and she looks toward the sky - towards the stars that she hopes are present. Taj. He had told her that the past lingered in the stars - that when someone died they took their place as a star to watch over their beloveds. Am what I'm doing right? Do you approve? Are you punishing me for moving on? She cries in her head, a few tears actually falling this time.

Her home ripped from her, not once (when she led in Forma Silvestris), but twice. Each time something tore at the only goodness she had left. She showed him the ball of roots, to prove that she was strong before allowing a few words to slide. Everything she wanted to say she kept locked in her throat. She didn't want to kill this relationship - not when there was a chance to revive it - the chance she'd never had with Taj, with her miscarried children.

Incredulously, he asks how he could not care enough to look for her, and in her head she instantly responds. Because I'm not really family, am I? He says that he loves her, and it keeps her from rewording it, it keeps everything locked up even tighter. Her hurt, her anger, it wasn't logical. He says her name, trying to pull a response from her, and all she can muster for the time being is that she doesn't hate him.

He goes on, saying that she resented him, and it was Ettore who moved this time, trying to speak for the brightness of her love. He could glide just far enough to reach Alleo, to reach the amulet she had given him to keep him safe. And, as he spreads his wings and shoots toward him, he just manages to cling to the amulet. Then, finding strength in trying to prove the point, he manages to flap his wings often enough to float in place - tugging lightly on the amulet while chirping just after Alleo asks what to do. There was a happiness, a tune of caring and love in Ettore's voice as Rasta ducked her head, trying to find words.

"You can get healed." She said, starting off. Her ears flickering around. "I should have known. It's my own stupidity, my own ignorance that caused me to get hurt." she tries to explain. "I saw how much you disliked it here. I saw the lack of interest in the Falls. I should have expected you to turn - especially when blood came into the picture." she chokes out, voice strained before she stops - trying to keep the real hurt out of her words.

There was a line, though, that caused Ettore to stop his floating and perch upon Alleo's withers. He would not leave until Alleo got the message that she still loved him, deep down, below the hurt. "I don't have anywhere to go, so regardless of the fact that my family just got beaten I'm here." she tries to explain. "But, hey, blood's always been thicker than water, no?" A few more tears. "I love you too, Alleo. I just want you to be happy. I'd hoped I was a part of that - but maybe I'm not. I don't know anymore." she's choking, fighting back the sobs. "I still don't even know if this is definitely you. I don't know who is around us. I just feel forms and smell copper and mixing scents. There's too much happening and I don't know what I should feel, what I should be thinking." Her head shakes in embarrassment that she doesn't even know what's going on around her. "I don't resent your actions. I resent the idea of us being invaded. And you would have resented me if I kept you here any longer - away from your blood. Maybe it's for the best." She's dying. Dying on the inside as she wars with these emotions.

"All I wanted to do, when I heard it die down…" she whispers, head ducked low, "was to make sure you were fine. And in a way… I'm glad you found your happiness…. You've deserved it since I met you." She keeps her head down - avoiding allowing her blind gaze to go his direction. She still refuses to move though, as she lets out the last words, "I want to stay with you - if that's part of the happiness you want… otherwise…" her voice cracks, "I'll leave - because you've deserved better. And if I can't make you happy… maybe someone else can."
Rasta & Alleo
Image Credit

ali

"You can get healed."

But that wasn't really what she wanted from him and Alleo knew it, so he watched her, refusing to move from where he stood. He didn't know what to say when she began to blame herself for her own hurts because she said she knew he hadn't liked it there. It was true, he couldn't deny it. The Falls had not interested him and the only reason he'd even stayed there was because of Rasta. Even when she'd left he'd lingered, hoping that she would return. It was only when he'd given up and was prepared to move on that she finally came back and so he'd stayed longer in a herd that he hadn't wanted. Was it so wrong for him to want to be with his family? Was it so wrong for him to want Rasta and Lakota to meet and develop a relationship so that he could have his sister and his mate in one place?

"I don't have anywhere to go, so regardless of the fact that my family just got beaten I'm here. But, hey, blood's always been thicker than water, no?"

He frowned, feeling like she'd just slapped him in the face by even insinuating that seh wasn't important to him. "If you meant nothing to me I would have left you a long time ago, Rasta." His voice was stiff as he spoke. "I wouldn't have stayed here and waited for you to come back to me. I wouldn't have cared that you'd disappeared. I wouldn't have spent countless nights worrying about you and wondering where you were. I wouldn't have prayed that you would return safe. If I didn't care about you then I would have ignored you when you finally came back and let you die on the border. But I didn't because I love you Goddamnit." He bit down hard on his tongue to stop himself from continuing. From telling her that if she took his feelings so lightly then perhaps they didn't need to be together.

"I'm not always going to do what you want me to or what you agree with." He said instead. "You put me on some pedestal and made yourself think I'm a good guy and, maybe even, that I'm perfect and I'm not. I'm a killer, Rasta. My purpose from the day I was born was to be a warrior. To fight and kill anyone that opposed my family. To stand beside my sister and fight with her and to protect her because no one else would do it. Only me." How could he go against what he was born to do, even when he'd been away from his birth home for so long? He just couldn't. It wasn't who he was and she would have to accept that if she loved him like she'd claimed to.

He snorted when Rasta claimed to not know if it was definitely him. "You know its me." He replied. "Do you really think Ettore would not alert you if it wasn't me?" She just continued to cry and talk and Alleo felt as if she hadn't listened to a single word the fell from his lips.

"I want to stay with you - if that's part of the happiness you want… otherwise… I'll leave - because you've deserved better. And if I can't make you happy… maybe someone else can."

"Goddamnit, Rasta! What part of 'I love you' don't you understand?" He was exasperated and didn't know what else that he could tell her to make her understand. Ettore had been ignored for the most part as he had flapped and tugged at the amulet that hung around his neck. Rasta had given it to him to keep him safe, he remembered and he knew it was because she had loved him. She'd told him so in not so many words. It wasn't her love for him that he was truly worried about, though. It was making her understand that he still loved her stubborn ass.

"."
injuries:
bite wound to neck
scraped cannons
strained muscles

@[Rasta]

Credits

His words struck her like a knife. He hadn't left, not once when she had been kidnapped? He had stayed there the entire time? Part of her had wished it to be true, but most of her had accepted that he had gone to his family for a time, that she had caught him when he had returned - that it had been a cosmic fluke, even a sign from Taj to stay with Alleo while he watched her from the stars. She could feel the anger in the way his voice seemed to meld with the air. And then he went on to say that he wouldn't always do what she wanted or agreed with. She almost scoffed. "You're not a mindless drone. I don't expect you to drop to your knees at my command!" She whispers, insulted that he could even think she expected that out of him. But the other words, the ones specifically about being a killer - they hurt her. They hurt her that he thought that was all he was. "But you're… you're so much more Alleo…" she tries to say, her body beginning to give up on the idea of fighting. No, all she wanted to do was wrap up against him, to have him tell her everything was alright - that they'd get past this, that they'd be fine

He told her that she knew it was him and more tears fell. She choked, mind too much of a mess to clearly understand anything right now. "He would…" she sniffled, ears flopping to the side as she gave up on being strong. "It's just all too much… I need the blood gone. All I smell is blood and it messes with my head. I have to fight to get back to anyone's scent, to get to your scent…" - his wooded, misted, pure scent.

From there, giving in, being weak she offered a way out that ensured he'd be happy. At least then she knew he would be happy. But, the response she got was exasperated. She had no words left, because she understood all of it - she really did. She just… she was struggling to place where she was on this spectrum of love, of who mattered. She moved forward - burrowing her maw against his mane, pressing her forehead against his neck in the place Ettore had flashed to her that had no blood. So she could soak in his musk, she could fight away the hurt, and she could start over. "I love you too," she said, eyes squeezed shut, still breathing in his scent - forcing her mind to stop playing games with her, to keep her centered in the moment. "I'm sorry… I'm sorry I made you think I didn't understand… I'm sorry I made you think I didn't believe you. I do, I really do. I just…" she stopped - keeping herself from asking who mattered more, "It doesn't matter, all that matters is that you're alive… You're alive and I'll stay wherever makes you happy… I'm yours, after all…" There was a small pause as Ettore bounced and chirped, accidentally hitting Rasta on the head with his wing, "And I'll always be, for as long as you love me…" Awkward? Maybe. True? Most definitely.

Good job, Rasta. A plus. But, hopefully it worked. Because, really, if she had to say something else, she didn't know what else to say.
Rasta & Alleo
Image Credit