the Rift

[OPEN] time to start over again

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

When she had failed many times in the past to receive companionship, for once, the tables flipped themselves over to show a weak underbelly where she was given the upper hand. Her fear of the wolf paid off in the end.
"Thank you." was all that she could whisper out in thanks towards the wolf.
It came a symbol of purity, of a new life that she could lavish in her love and affection, someone who she could easily share herself with without repercussions. She took it with the idea of offering everything that the youth might need in life, watching with nervous eyes and weak heart as the fog faded and the group dispersed.
Once it was brought down to the earth to be cradled, velvet muzzle brushing into the shell with gentle caresses, she waited in curiosity. Did they all rise from eggs? How long would it before she was greeted by whatever hide itself away within?
Dawn's cool light crept over the mountains into a higher throne in the sky. Impatience ate her insides as if she had swallowed a parasite.
Crack.
Fear settles into her bones again, but a different type of fear, one that strikes a pange of worry and a tense, tight grip that squeezes the very life from her heart. While she is sure she is fairly immune to the basics of heartbreak, the sound hits a special key on her piano of emotions.
She checks for the egg, nosing about in the cracked masses of the previous shell, lost in a desperate search for whatever she could find.
Nothing.
Urged by panic, her horned skull swings, pale light cascading across the withering grass and bleeding into the remaining natural fog. "Where are you?!" A whimper, a lone pitiful noise that is perfectly designed to bring about attention and love, fills her ears.
They greet each other for the first time with confusion, Sikeax blinking with tired eyes, Hobgoblin lost in the new, dim world that he found himself expelled into. Another cry escapes the lips of the pup, coloured in a deep earthen brown. The question of if she has received the same sort of companion as Amara cross the hybrid's mind, but in an instant, that all fades away.
Whatever it is that happens to her companion, the small boy who rests near his soon-to-be mother and later on sister, literally gives away the appearance he wears and switches away for another. A snort fires from the mare's nostrils, sending dust over the child.
"What even are you?"
Only cries answer her question.

OOC: Hatching for Hobgoblin.
I kind of bullshitted my way through this to get the thread up for obvious reasons.
Anyone is free to reply.

Hobgoblin is a Timber Wolf pup at the start, and morphs into a Meerkat pup.
"Sikeax Talk"

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Drake Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Heavy, cloven hooves trotted across the fields in a stomp. It had been a tough time traveling up to the plains, but not enough for the draft to turn away from it. The territory was true to its name, everything about it was heavenly.

Drake could even smell the sweetness wafting off of the grasses below him, prompting the unicorn to nip at the greens, the soft taste of the grass of his palette and then sliding down his throat, ending whatever hunger he may have had.

Though the plains were clouded and thusly missed the fact that he was not alone on the blessed fields. However, as soon as he heard the whinny of a mare, the stallion looked up wondering where they were. The dark unicorn crept forward, his steps sending small vibrations as he slowly trotted closer toward the sounds of another horse nearby.

Yet, nothing could keep him from staring at the odd creature that laid at the feet of the young mare.

'What even are you?' she questioned the little newborn. Drake wasn't sure either of the tiny creature. It was odd and seemed to keep changing forms. Sure, the stallion had heard of stories of changelings, but they were merely fairy tales and just that. Yet the thought of a fairy tale creature being real did excite Drake somewhat. What other beings the he had at first thought to be just a story were real?

Could, maybe, a fairy be real? Drake had wished them to be real, maybe the land he was birthed in was not blessed enough to have creature like the little changeling?

It were possible.

Maybe.

Drake stepped closer, wanting a closer look of the little one, intrigued. Though he kept his space around the mare, mindful of her horn.

"It seems to be a type of changeling." Drake commented, his rough voice climbing out of his throat, lifting up his head to look over the mare herself.

She was rather pretty, though pale, it allowed her other markings to stand out, like her stockings. It also seemed that some blue had made its way on its tail, giving it a bit of a pale highlight against her chocolate tail. Even the mare's horn was admirable to Drake, it was elegant and it seemed to give off an ethereal glow, shining down on the mares face and making it more visible to those who should look upon her.

Just being in her presence caused Drake to become nervous, if he had noticed her first maybe he wouldn't have approached. Yet he was too wrapped up in the tiny creature. Drake backed up some from the mare and watched her for her next move.

@[Sikeax] - I hope you don't mind me jumping in with Drake :3

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Cries fill the early morning air, striking out endlessly for something, nurishment, mostly likely. She has no idea as of what to offer him. She is not made to hunt mice to push into a young belly, insects(should they meet his fancy) were too small to capture, and there was no milk from her teats to offer him. Natural instinct would have to set in.
How was she to raise a child with Amara if she couldn't take care of the one in front of her?
Nervously, she presses her muzzle into his small body, blowing a slow gust of warm breath into him, nickering softly. Adrixaura had done the same for her when she was born, and it couldn't hurt to do the same for him.
Something fresh strikes her chest, a new feeling that she's never felt before. Motherly love? True love and solid trust in someone she'd just met? Whatever it was, it was unique, giving her a short high.
"Hello, little one."
He doesn't reply to her, find solace in a black kitten. A thin smile spreads over her face as the earth vibrates against her lowered belly, dying off at the speed of light. Fear collects in her chest though she herself is not scared(or at least admitting to it).
Pale, soft eyes meet a giant, a beast of war stories she would never know nor want to know, someone built to reign like a warlord. That fear finds it's reason.
Whoever they are, a few steps back are given as if to offer space, watched over with the stern, protective stance that a mother uses when she is ready to kill and die for her child. Hobgoblin's young, dark coat pushes into her chest, searching for warmth and attention. Low mews pour from his mouth.
A moment is spared to check on the babe, now deemed changeling.
"I guess so. All I was given was an egg. He's, or at least I believe it's a male, came out."
It seemed a rather odd explanation, but what more should she use to define him? His entrance to the world was expected, yet what he came out to be wasn't exactly what had been expected.
What even had she thought would come out of an egg offered by a wolf in the fog?
"He needs a name." But what to give?

OOC: Oh, it's fine! I don't mind at all. <3
Sorry for such a wait on my end, school has been keeping me busy and tired. xc
Last form is a black Serval.
@[Drake]
"Sikeax Talk"

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed