[OPEN] A New Beginning

Desperado Posts: 30
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 5 :: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Foxy
DESPERADO
why don't you come to your senses

come down from your fences

My hooves pounded along the sandy coastline, tearing gaping wounds in the ground with every stride. Behind me though, I knew the endless crashing of the waves healed each print almost as fast as I could make them. I wasn't entirely sure why I had started my mad gallop across the beach, well that wasn't true, I knew why.

The sea breeze in my thick tangled mane had made me feel more alive than anything, and when I stepped into the soft earth, warm from the weak afternoon sun, I couldn't help but leap into the air, kicking my heels up where I knew no one watched. As I frolicked like a newborn colt, a flash of movement next to my hooves has startled me for a split second. It was merely a sea critter, disturbed by my childish antics, but it was all the excuse I needed to take off down the shore as fast as my dark pistons could carry me. I didn't run out of fear, only to feel the salty air play with the waves of my mane and tail as it played with the waves of the ocean.

Before long, my dark coat began to grow patchy with sweat, making me appear almost black in the Orangemoon sun. I could feel the slipperiness of white foam begin to form on my chest and between my hind legs. I was getting hotter and hotter with each stride but instead of cease my single man's race for glory, I angled myself away from the coast line and plunged into the waves. The rapid movement of the current slowed me down, washing away the bitter sweat with its coarse, salty fingers. It soaked into the mats of long black hair the ran from the crest of my neck, all the way down my spine and I sighed in relief as my body cooled instantly.

Standing in the ever rolling waters, the tips of my hooves only barely touching the gravelly sand beneath, I closed my eyes and let my ears spin around, taking in the crash of the waves behind me, the incessant squalling of the gulls above me, even the wind hissing through the grass above the beach. Further still, out in the endless waters before me, the faint songs of the whales danced with the waves to meet the ever curious towers atop my skull.

I sighed again and squinted against the glare of the sun, letting my eyes readjust to the brightness. Lifting my legs from the sand, I used the waters movement to help pivot myself and make my way back to shore. As I stepped back onto the beach, almost chilly in the autumn air, I shook as hard as I could, tiny water droplets flying in every direction.

Gods it felt good to be alive!

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 473
OOC;; Here it is!! First post with mah new baby! hehe

HP: 63
Desperado,
why don't you come to your senses,
you've been out riding fences,
for so long now.