the Rift

[OPEN] It's been a long way [welcoming]

Waprevah Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 6.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 4 HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
TheIceViking
Waprevah
“And if another of his kind comes knocking on your door, will you open it?"

I feel my spirits are quite high today. I have Calder in two with me, heading back home to Aurora Basin. I have liked the stallion's company so far. He is not too bad to be around with, though I cannot really tell what his persona is like. I got a glint of it at the Threshold, our conversation has not been plentiful. I enjoy the silence when I am wandering around, nature offers such beauty that should not be spoiled with words.

I glance towards Calder and offer him a smile. “It shouldn't be far, their faint scent has begun to touch my nostrils,” I chuckled at my poor attempt at poetic way of speaking. My words flow out of my mouth smoothly. Like honey almost. I remember my voice once I spoke up after months of silence. Now that was a sound I would not want to hear again. I could almost taste the rust on my tongue. “We should be greeted by nobles, so put up a pretty face and practice your compliments,” I whispered with a light spirited tone coated around my words. To emphasize I pushed forward a smile.

After a few more minutes I see the entrance to Aurora Basin. I keep my head held high as my legs carry me into my home. Hello folks! I have brought a prize! I caught it all by myself!. I smile internally as my thoughts flow freely. It would be stupid not to be pleased with your first recruit. I have been in this herd for a while now and thought I would never voice my thoughts out loud I wouldn't hate to become a larger part of the herd.

A snort sounds from my nostrils as I come to a halt and glance around. “Welcome to Aurora Basin, Calder.

TAG: @[Calder]
speech
word count: 304
:: welcoming thread for Calder
Image Credit
Please tag Wappy in all replies <3
[Image: 6dbd477f6a4a31a0de8712698f20429a-d8dbyo6.png]

“The ones who are insane enough to think that they can rule the world are always the ones who do.”

Calder Posts: 23
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 6 (Birdsong) HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Kiki

- - C A L D E R - -
hold back the river

It was not a long journey – not in comparison to the journey that bought him to this place. However, the circumstances this time around made for a much more pleasant adventure. His vivid blue eyes wander over the landscape – committing the landscape and the paths that seem well traveled to memory. The company helped too. Calder much preferred the companionship of his own kind to the pair otters he had begun his journey with. He returns Waprevah’s smile and offers a little dip of his head as well. “I admit that’s good to hear. I feel like I’ve been wandering for the better part of a year now.” It wasn’t too far off in terms of an estimate, really. Things had started to turn for the worst in Frostfall the year prior when the snow began to fall and just didn’t stop. It was all downhill from there, really.

As the air grew colder and the altitude climbed higher, Calder felt more and more comfortable with his surroundings. The dappled stallion had been out of his element for far too long. Even here in this strange place, so far from everything he has ever known, there was some sense of familiarity in the cold and in the snowcapped peaks. The idea of having a life somewhere away from his herd, his family. But in his eyes, going back was not an option. Forward. Always forward. He would find his place here. With every step he grew more confident that his place was here, and not on the sides of a ruined mountain. He was first to leave the mountain in his herd’s history. Even those banished never went further than the foothills. He assumed they just presumed him dead in the mudslide.

Perhaps it was best that way. Everyone had the closure they were looking for, and Calder had the opportunity that he had always craved but had never known he wanted.

His gaze lingered on the mare who confidently picked her way across the landscape. She seemed nice enough, not that Calder could attest to being a superior judge of character by any means. It had never been a gift of his - he had always been one to linger on the outskirts before... “Compliments, eh?” he mused, playfully, “I’m sure I can come up with something creative,” he says with a grumbling laugh. “You think my face will do if I put on my verra best smile?” He asks, presenting her with said exaggerated smile.

He shakes it off and finds himself more at ease as the smell of other equines again becomes evident in the cool air. They must be close then, they think. Unconsciously, he glances to Waprevah, gaging her reaction to their surroundings.

“I can see why you’re fond of it here. It’s quite something.” His eyes flicker across the landscape – committing landmarks to memory – before settling back to Waprevah and offering her another small, slightly sloping smile.

image credit || Tags: @[Waprevah]
Please tag Calder in all posts.
Force & magic are permitted but please check before inflicting severe and/or permanent damage.
Pixel by Sourful

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Deimos the Reaper

we can watch the world devoured in its pain

An ethereal, enigmatic relic poised and mused beneath the summits, peaks, turrets, and barricades, restless, immoral, irrepressible, maneuvering past dying, withering highlights of the forlorn edges and the crisp, autumn doldrums, motioning, unwinding, the heedless persecution of another primordial peril. Since the days of war had passed, he’d been left to indifference and nonchalance all over again, with no enemies to butcher, with no cold-blooded cadence to compose, with no chiseled, promised forbidding, he was alone to bear the vivid violence, the minatory, sinister terror behind his eyes, through his limbs. A tireless heathen, he stoked the fires of hell and wandered into their vibrant, venomous clarity, living stone and hushed marble, a constant slinking, crooning, brewing of immorality and licentiousness, crossing over the wires of mayhem, administering and maneuvering the pawns of his predilections: ensuring the confines of his brilliant, wintry towers remained just the same: lush, supreme, and dominating. As if eternally granted the craving, molten sedition of strangers lurking in the midst, as if newcomers were always eager to be seen in his scrutinizing, cold, remorseless ether, the monster became fully aware of unfamiliarity crinkling across his borders. Was it another brooding menace chiseling their way through the boughs of demise? Was it one more foolish being intending to stick their head where they didn’t belong? Was it a trace of curiosity, building, brewing, and brimming until they couldn’t see anything but mountains, strength, and determination? With his own leashed, tethered tenacity, a boiling crescendo of malevolent, menacing convictions, he slithered amidst the Basin, the Aurora King without a scepter, only a gleaming scythe, only a rapturous title. The Reaper, eyes narrowed, insouciant, seditious mind combing and carving its wake, sketched himself forward in the midst of a skulled femme (not Confutatis; he would have hissed and drawn his blade, ran it straight into her heart – this one had been at meetings, had wandered within the icy outcrops; he just had no name to her features), and a gray stallion, tall and smiling. Deimos offered neither grin nor leisurely tones, presuming there was purpose to these endeavors, to these pursuits, to these strolls beneath sentinels and hallowed horizon beyond simpers and snickers. The beast lowered his head briefly to both, then tilted his skull a mere, minute fraction, ensuring inquiry where the rest of his features had settled into perfected detachment. The chilling rasp of his blunt, rapier tones arched ferocity in their nefarious influence, in their sculpted ramparts, gaze kindling a diabolical stare; a heartless behemoth administering argent domination. “Deimos, Lord of the Basin.” He strangled the cold, unrelenting air with his own bestial, barbaric influence, traced his stare to the silvern stranger, and ushered the weight of the visitor’s ambitions, of his titles, of his wealth. “Who are you?”

[omg I'm so sorry this took so long.]

image credits