the Rift

[PRIVATE] Snap Crackle ZAP!

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
Auburn, gold, and scarlet leaves were so beautiful. 'Ya right, all those stupid leaves do is make a racket!' Snorting the storm filly pressed on. Instead snow and nice crunched softly under her hooves. Snow lazily drifted down from the dark sky blanketing her varnished hide. Zunden didn't care though, she was headed for the ice cave. Determined not to show that she was weak, the girl only limped slightly. This was the second part to her quest; finding someone with shock magic. Her leg was still sore from the hellhound's sharp teeth, but she pushed on anyway searching for the last piece to her puzzle. Of course it really wasn't the last part, but she could do that by herself. It was nice to be able to do things on her own. Asking for help was such a bitch; like admitting you needed others. Hot air puffed from her muzzle at the thought.

A little while later the sparkling cave peaked over the horizon. She was sure that if anyone had spark magic, it would be a person within her own herd. After all they were ruled by the God of time and spark. The barbed-wire marked filly only needed a little time to figure out which of her herd-mates she needed to seek first. The clacking of her dark hooves echoed softly through the crystal cavern. Pausing the yearling shook smattering of snow from her thickening pelt. Lowering her muzzle, dual colored eyes looked over the bite making sure it still seemed ok. It was sore but there didn't seem to be an infection, not yet anyway.

A sigh ruffled her soft lips as she looked around her. Her gaze caught her reflection causing a smirk to twist her lips. She could see it now magic floating around her, sparking in the brisk air. The girl stood proudly stretching her body out and lifting her dual horned head up and flicking her thin black and white tail. 'One day I'll be looked upon as a queen. Until then I will wait, and slowly make grow without to much unwanted attention.' Relaxing her already powerfully built body the girl inhaled deeply drawing in the cold air greedily.
"Arrogant Lingo" 'Pompous Musings'
Words: 368
Notes: @[Roskuld] @[Adelric] is going to join in as well <3

Zünden
I can see the fear that will ensure my victory
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
[Image: zunden_by_poolpaw-d8dwmp0.png]
Her horn isn't broken

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

Two things were happening with you that was breaking my heart.

First, you were frustrated and you wouldn’t tell me why. You didn’t even know it as frustration, either; you just knew you had an urge you couldn’t fulfill, an itch you had trouble scratching, and even though I showered you with question after question you refused to give me a full answer. Do you want to go back down south? Silence. Is there something you wanna eat? Silence. I knew in my breast that you hated me for returning to a place that only served to get colder and cause you to huddle in my mane that much closer—but you never said, and you always wanted me to come here because you knew what it did to me, to go up north. I wondered if you started blaming me for it; the thought was more painful than I’ll ever admit.

And another thing. You were worried too, which was a hell of a lot more alarming.

Worried about me.

“It’s cool, I’m cool, I’m fine,” I said breathlessly, rolling to my feet once more, despite the protest of an aching, exhausted body. “No, I’ll be fine, I got this.” My voice was vague, unfocused—throaty, too, probably with all the things that had come out of my mouth during the—

--the—

….well, anyway. It was fine. I was fine. I was gonna be cool.

“I’m fine, it’s cool, I’ll be cool--“ I kept stammering, and I could almost see your worry rise behind my eyes, crescendoing into something tragic and frightened, “Chico, chill,” I said, still with that awful vagueness, “It’s fine, I just won’t sleep. S’probably something I ate or whatever.”

I heard your silent agreement—a mental head-nod. Yes, it could be something I had eaten; you knew full well I hadn’t eaten in a few days.

And now I wasn’t sleeping. Now I was haunting the north--literally haunting, because I was too numb to feel myself, to feel like something blood-filled and breathing. Now I was stalking the curved, glazed, icy walls of a cavern, pacing back and forth to walk off the throbbing heart—trying to erase the memory of red eyes cackling at me, screeching gleefully, shouting, shouting, you need to learn your fucking place in this world—

“….’m fine,” my voice slipped, suddenly fragile—even as the echo of hooves rattled further down the arch.

I froze; I held my breath. Someone was here.From the Basin? Was I ready?

….ready for what?

@[Zünden]
"talk"

image credits

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Pare
Frost huffed softly from thin nostrils as dual toned eyes closed briefly before flying open again. The sound of another behind her drew they storm filly around. Lifting her head up higher she carefully picked her way back towards the sound and scent of the other. She could tell it was another mare, but that was about it. It only took a few steps and a mild curve in the ice before gold and green fell upon the other. The odd build, color, and hair drew her up short. Taking a deep breath she sized the other up carefully. She was larger older, and looked oddly like the Time God. Squaring herself up she spoke, "Yo, I like your hair." 'Lame. Oh well who gives a fuck?' Stepping closer Zunden smiled calmly up at her, carefully to keep a good distance away, well pout of normal reach anyway.

"You look like the Time God." She didn't know anything about God's having kids, so that was totally lost on her. Drawing in the mare's scent she tried to recognize her scent from somewhere, but it was futile. She didn't smell of anything familiar, well besides snow and ice, but this was an ice cavern and it was snowing. "I'm Zunden, from the Basin." She inclined her dual horned head slightly before trying to meet her blue eyes again. There sure were some interesting people living out here in Helovia. Snorting softly she gazed up at the lady with the weird hair. She seems stiff, like she expects the barbwire marked filly to attack her. Bobbing her head towards the amulet swinging around her neck, careful to never let her eyes leave the white and black.

"This may be a stupid question, but are you alright?" How weird of her to be asking someone else if they are okay or not. The strange emotion is off putting, but she waits quietly for the answer anyway. It wasn't like she could do much to help if anything was bothering her, but sometimes it was nice just to admit you weren't doing well. Shifting her weight forward the girl cocked her right rear hoof. If this stranger was going to attack she would have by now, right? Either way she made sure it would only take a second to shift forward again. Inexperience left her wide open for any kind of attack, not matter how ready she thought she might be.

Arrogant Lingo 'Pompous Musings'
Words: 407
Notes: @[Roskuld] So AWFUL I'm sorry!

Zünden
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
Her horn isn't broken

Roskuld & Zchiraxicon

I saw who it was—someone completely unfamiliar, too small and young to be any sort of danger to me. A filly. But even that knowledge didn’t really assure me; in fact, I couldn’t do anything to release the tension in my body even if I wanted to. It felt like I was knotted up and stuck, my limbs splayed slightly underneath me, my breath short and fast like the beating of my heart. For all intents and purposes, it might as well have been a cougar staring me down with the corner of a cave flat across my backside. Trapped. There was a filly here and I woulda bet all my pocket change in that moment that it was me.

*"Yo, I like your hair."*

It was so far removed from what I was expecting (what was I expecting?) that it didn’t even register as a compliment. Well, actually, the words themselves didn’t register at all; if voices could be blurry then this girl’s voice was certainly doing it, smudging on my mind in distorted tones and mixes that stretched and compressed and twisted her words into things incomprehensible. It didn’t help that your fear for me spiked dramatically when you felt I couldn’t understand her words—guess it was the heat of rushing blood, or something. A fever (but why was I feverish? How was I sick? I never get sick--)

There was only one sentence she spoke that really glued my attention to her, snapping my eyes onto her face with greedy suspicion: You look like the Time God. My already furious heart quickened even further and there was a sprk! from the tip of my horn—the tiniest squirt of lightning from me. A knee-jerk reaction, I guess, as my own panic started to rise (why was I panicking?). The last vestiges of the nightmare’s darkness still hadn’t really left me and (Are you happy to hear now--) it was starting to do strange shit (--that even though your mother was raped--) to my eyes and now my ears, too, ringing with (--by a god--) an echo that couldn’t bounce off the ice of the cavern even if it wanted to. Because it didn’t exist.

I backed away from the girl, even though she was still speaking and giving her name and doing polite things that I was incapable of doing (--you're awful--). She asked me if I was alright and it was an automatic thing that got my tongue moving mechanically, without even thinking. “’M fine,” I said, with the same vagueness that I had spoke to you earlier, “I’m cool, I’ll be cool, I’m—“ But then I caught myself; I stopped backing away, my hooves digging into the snow beneath me, and it was like my mind was trying to catch up with the impulse of my body. What was I doing? Why was my heart beating so fast?

“J-just stay away from me,” I stammered, and even that somehow turned into a growl from my throat; I turned from the girl and tried walking away, shoving myself from her presence, because of course she was a Basiner and even though I’d never ever seen her before in my life, she was a thing I wasn’t ready to face just yet.

@[Zünden]--Posted because time and muse! If you'd rather me wait for Adelric to post, I can always delete!
"talk"

image credits

Pare
Emerald and sunflower watched the odd looking mare eyes widening as the girl seemed to freak out. She could almost see the fear brewing behind her blue orbs. It was etched in every single line of her body. The fear seemed to creep across the floor, slinking towards her baring sharp fangs and razor sharp claws. Was there something terrible behind her? Like the giant white beast, so long ago, that had protected the orb so many had tried to gather. Dual horned head whipped around searching for any signs of danger. Nostrils flared wide and eyes flashed the whites showing as she gazed into the darkness hunting anything that might cause them harm. Nothing stuck out, no smells, nothing moving, nothing at all. Turning back quickly the girl braced herself. 'So this chick is crazy, time for a different approach.' She took a careful step back away from the spastic mare.

She watched in fear and amazement as the other's attention snapped towards her once she had spoken. Her teeth snapped shut instantly regretting the words. Wide eyes caught sight of the spark loosed from the weird white and blue horn. A small gasp shook dark lips. Finally she had discovered someone with the magic she needed, but the person was insane. Ya she might look intimidating one day, but now she was still awkwardly built. She was slightly hip high her horns to big for her still growing head. So that left her with two options, press this physico harder, or turn tail and run. Well neither of those sounded fun, so plan C.

Taking a deep breath trying to calm herself, she couldn't sooth another without being zen herself. The sparky started to back away yammering about being chill. What the hell was happening here?! Her own heart thundered away with unanswered questions. Stay away? But why? To her surprise and dismay she turned to leave moving out of the cavern. "No wait!" Without even thinking she rushed forward. Maybe it was because she was desperate, more than likely it was just young stupidity. Oh how naive she was, so young, bold, careless, and possibly barbecued now. "Don't go I need your help with something! Maybe I can help you in return?" She reached her muzzle out towards the mare, but pulled up short. Dual colored eyes widened slightly at how close she had suddenly seemed to be. "Oh shit..." Her words a mere whisper as she gazed at the inches between them. Oh fuck. Fuck. FUCK! If the mare spun now she would be a nice little shish kabob. Trying to back paddle on ice quickly proved not to be the best idea either. She manged a final, "FUCK!" before her side slammed to the ground. Air huffed from her lunges in a great cloud of frozen mist. Now she was truly fucked. If this female wanted to hurt her, she was wide open for any and all attacks. her eyes glared defiantly up at the white and blackish blue unicorn. Anger was her mask, the only emotion she could muster to hide the fear raging inside. "Go ahead, I dare you." Would this be how she earned her first battle scars? Laying around like an idiot all because she was young and ignorant.

Words: 548
Notes: @[Roskuld] Sorry if it's a bit... rammbely, and that it took so long! Fell free to beat her up, it would be good for her.

Zünden
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
Her horn isn't broken

Roskuld & Zchiraxicon

It was cold—it was the north--but I was sweating anyway. Little trickles of it started beading behind my ears, and you felt my head getting so uncomfortably warm and I would’ve felt your little feet patter against my neck if I still had my senses in check. But I didn’t. Everything was warping out of my reach. The world was unraveling and my sense of balance and everything else was crumbling—softly, slowly, but it was crumbling still and I didn’t have the glue on me to paste it all back in place.

I tried anyway. I tried shoving it all together again, a sagging sandcastle I was trying to save—and you know how that goes. The castle stays standing, but the form is gone and there are still so many little cracks running along the foundation and the edges ‘n shit and honestly it doesn’t even look like a castle at all anymore. It just this pile of sand you shoved together hoping it’d fool some kid into thinking it was still super awesome before the collapse.

I didn’t know what happened; the entire situation was wrenched out of my grasp and my understanding of it was completely shot. I remember I was trying to get the hell away from her—a Basiner, a filly, a chick who liked my hair—but she wasn’t having any of that, I dunno, she needed me for something or thought I was too cool to lose, but either way she wouldn’t stop riding my ass.

That’s when things got weird. I turned to her, whipping my ass around in the snow to face her and tell her ass to back the fuck up--but when I found her behind me she was already on the ground.

I gaped, my jaw working like a fish out of water. I didn’t know how she ended up there—if something attacked her, if I attacked her faster than I realized. I tried to remember--did I do that? I racked my brains trying to figure out how I could’ve gotten her face-first and ass-flat on the ice like that, and it scared me that I couldn’t even bring up the image of a hoof flailing or my horn swinging so fast like that.

Was I really that dangerous?

And—oh, look, now she was yelling at me. Which cemented the idea that it was my fault that she was on the ground like that.

She was shouting at me, daring me to do--something, but all I could do was stare down at her, dumb and confused, terrified to move because of what might happen. I mean—shit, I had already tried to leave, hadn’t I? And before I could register it she was on the ground already, my whole body deadly and uncontrollable, apparently.

I didn’t let myself move; I stood stock-still in the snow, just staring down at this filly, knowing deep in my breast that every move I made was dangerous and wild.

@[Zünden]--Couldn't quite get her to attack in this post :/ maybe if Zunden made the first move?
"talk"

image credits

Pare
Confusion pounded through the girl as the mare continued to act erratically. The confusion turned to hurt and anger as it only got worse. 'What the fuck is wrong with her?!' A snort ripped from her dark muzzle. There was no reason for her to be acting like this. It briefly passed through her mind that this girl was retarded. Shaking her dual horned head the filly dismissed that quickly. She was sure that if that was the case this girl would have said a little bit more or would have rushed her already.

This whole thing just seemed fucked up, and that freaked her out. She started to shift her weight around back and forth eyes glued to the funky mare. The storm filly just wanted Sparky's help, but that seemed well beyond anything this psycho chick could give her. Sparky seemed to be all in a huff and determined to leave, which pushed the desperate filly forward. It had not been easy finding someone with the magic she needed. Now that she had Time God be damned if this girl got away without helping her! Unfortunately being inexperienced on the ice, all of her hooves went different ways. She could feel the bruise rise instantly as she slammed her left side into the rock hard ice.

Dual colored eyes glared defiantly up at the other. She was sure the other would attack, could feel the anticipation and Adrenalin surging through her young frame. Unable to hold herself back any longer the girl struck out. Like a viper to teeth snapped for the others right foreleg before she slipped and staggered as fast as she could to her feet. Her ears slapped back onto her dome staying there. Zunden had reached her breaking point, now her give-a-damn was busted. This was the point she had never reached before. Pure rage. Daddy dearest was making an appearance in his daughter. She almost felt blind, everything seemed to have a red haze around it. Finally on her feet the girl backed up, before swinging her horned dome back and forth ready to slice through her flesh.
Words: 355
Notes:  @Roskuld Sorry it isn't as good as all the others, I got out of the swing of things here xP

Zünden
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
Her horn isn't broken

Roskuld & Zchiraxicon

It’s a hard place to back to. Like…when you don’t even know what’s happening yourself, it all kinda sits funny in your head, and it’s too jilted and angled and crooked to really look at straight. And I’m talking about all the pieces of it; the emotions I felt, the ideas I had, the perception I had of that chick on the ground, getting madder and madder at me for standing there and looking down on her—all of it’s jumbled and every time I look back on it, the meaning behind my memories slips through my clutches and I’m stuck grabbing in thin air.

I guess…I don’t even know. There was this plot cooking in my head in that moment, that Ma had warned the citizens against me—or maybe the citizens themselves had decided to pin themselves against me for making their leader cry (still fucked me up, thinking about Ma as any kind of leader that didn’t stand for the Foothills). Or maybe it was just the fact that I was so destructive and I was just flinging this poor girl everywhere it seemed and I had no control over it—so obviously she was gonna fight back and she was launching herself at me to finally put the monster down.

Somewhere along those lines my mind screamed “fuck it” and I guess that was the sound of it snapping in two. Instinct would have to take over reservation eventually and I ain’t really all that reserved in the first place—I guess what I’m trying to say is that, when you boil away all the trimmings and the politics behind it, there was someone attacking me and I didn’t know who swung the first punch but my nerves weren’t about to let me take that shit lying down.

The lightning was out of me before I could change my mind; it was a white-hot burst out of me, right for the chick charging with her horn pointed at me, and maybe I screamed something (“Stay away from me!!”), I dunno, like I said it’s all a blur at this point. Nothing but the mechanics of survival kicking in, where my head and my heart was failing me.

After that I…well. I don’t really know what happened. You were clinging to my skull and I guess my actions were freaking you out super hard or whatever, but I don’t remember actually leaving the scene. You told me later I zapped the poor kid and then high-tailed it out of here—subconsciously getting the fuck out of the dodge before the mob descended, I guess. The next thing I remember was waking up somewhere damp much, much more south than where I had been, and it was basically you who remembered that entire episode.

Like...whatever. Maybe I’ll apologize to that girl one day. (For what, I’m still not sure).

@Zünden -- I hope this works! Sorry for the wait!
"talk"

image credits