the Rift

[PRIVATE] Come As You Are

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
Anzanie
||||
Anzanie wandered through Helovia in an unknown and unfocussed manner, not caring for where she was going. Her pillars had taken her far away from the comfort of familiarity, or what she knew what was familiar from the little she had come across in this new world. She was yet to discover all the far flung covers of her new homeland and she knew that this would take time, particularly in knowing the names of the places and such.

It hadn't occurred to the splashed fae that she may have strolled too far east and found herself in dense trees that loomed over her. She felt closed in as she came in closer to the thick trees. As she stepped lightly on the ground in order not to crack the pine cones in fear of scaring herself, Anzanie worked her way closer to the trees to see the marks within the bark, and her stomach squeezed itself into a bubble of terror as she noticed their ferocious gauges. Where am I? The fae was beginning to get more and more worried of where she had found herself...

A flurry of feathers made her jump out of her skin, and she heard the squawks of crows in the near distance. This place was unfamiliar and scary, and lonely. It made her feel incredibly uncomfortable, realising that she had unconsciously stepped into the back of beyond with no company or safety.

Again she questioned herself, taking deep breaths and keeping her lobes pricked for the sounds of life. Hopefully of friends. With a tiny, high pitched voice she called out in help,
"Is anybody there...?"
Image Credit

@[Reginald] I'm sorry it's so crap but it'll get better once we get into the swing of it! xP
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

Reginald Posts: 165
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Ka'Mate :: Harpy Eagle :: None & Ka'Ora :: Harpy Eagle :: None M.E.

He sees through skyward eyes—a female approaches.

Ka’Mate, go hunt, he commands in his mind, grey sparks and fire sputtering through the mental link he shares with the furious creature. He feels heavy wings take flight, cutting through the denseness of the trees—banished for now, free to satiate the sadist appetite that drives the great raptor. Ka’Ora, keep watch. She harkens to her master’s law; she huddles on the bough far above the wandering, frightful fey. Dark eyes scan and watch as the female ambles about, confused and fearful, with those eyes so full of mercy, melancholy. He does not know where she learned such things.

He sees through her tender eyes how close the female wanders—how her gait is uncertain, how her legs are spun like glass. Such a small creature, for her age. The scent is caught by his bonded, and passed into his mind—she is woman.

The cold grips him—though not how it used to. As a child, it would subdue him, claw at him, tear his breath from his lungs and leave him a useless, meandering heap of flesh—mediocre and humiliated, a waste of child. He has survived, though; he stands tall and powerful, body brimming with the pounding of his blood, the raging of his manhood and the eagerness of a serpentine bloodlust. It curdles inside of him, distasteful of the cold—for a beast of cold skin is repulsed by snow and cutting winds. Regardless of his thick hide, he finds that he is similarly repelled by these northern lands, and he finds himself craving the sands of the south, the burning winds of a Tallsun afternoon and how they would beat down upon him pleasantly…

…no matter. The seasons will change—the sun will return. He must only hold himself until that day arrives and the breeze blows hotly once again…

*"Is anybody there...?"*

…and he supposes he must find other means of warmth.
Ka’Mate is gone—his mind is safe from the blind fury of his bond-mate. His voice is smooth as it leaves him, tongue trained from an early age to be mild, controlled: “Here.” He calls to her from where he stands at the shores of the blood pool—frozen over thickly, so that the stones beneath are hidden from the winter sun’s glare. “I am here, if you are seeking company...”

@[Anzanie]

”Watch for Circe.”

There's nothing here for free
Lost who I want to be
My serpent blood can strike so cold

Image Credits

--Please tag REGINALD in every reply!

--All force is allowed to be used against this character!

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
Nothing splendid was ever created in cold blood.
Heat is required to forge anything.
Every great accomplishment is the story of a flaming heart.
Her breaths continued to rasp and frequent in such a manner that she genuinely believed she was having a heart attack, and splashed fae could not control them. Her breathing was so erratic at this point that she could be mistaken for a baby squirrel. This was no way for royal blood of an ancient land to be acting, but in the height of Frostfall in a new world this was no place she could feel entirely comfortable.

Her lobes remained pierced backwards as they listened in to the distance, hoping that nothing was coming towards her in an effort to disarm her. For that was too easy on their part. She was a quiet, short little fae that had no warrior training. She was defenseless...

Yet as she continued to brace herself against the 'coming storm', she began to sense another presence. And soon she heard the sound of a masculine voice travelling towards her.

I am here, if you are seeking company...

She stood frozen for a second, taking in the figure that stood on thick pillars beside the pool that seemed to ebb of red liquid... blood? She shook the terrifying thoughts out of her mind, forgettig about the frozen blood pool and she concentrated her insanely pale pools on the stranger who spoke to her, offering her company.

He stood there, considerably taller than her. Anzanie noted that he was far too tall for her to take comfort from his height as he was head and shoulders above her dainty little figure. And to contrast even more, he was as broad as he was tall. His pelt was a dappled ashen colour with obsidian-painted feathers and a velveteen, as well as tassles that matched the same hue. He too was a horned, but there was something frighteningly different about his tail that suggested he was also something more. This brute was a sight to behold, particularly when looking at what looked like stone embedded into him. Anzanie herself could not feel prejudice towards this as her jewellery was embedded into her little frame, but there was something menacing about this stag. And not to mention the big bird of prey that was close to him, which the fae guessed was his bonded.

In a timid voice she tried to stop shaking in order to not sound too scared and vulnerable to her new company:
"May... may I know the name... of my company? She attempted not to stutter but the jumps in her heart made it difficult to hide her terror.
image credits

@[Reginald]

Look, Ka’Ora, comes the serpent’s thoughts, his command, See how small this female is. I do not like small. The eagle takes note of her master’s preference of flesh; she is dutiful, obedient, in tender love with the Grey-Scale’d. She baffles him endlessly with her gentleness, a gracious soul so eagerly bonded to the desolation that is his existence. He’s only just come to stop questioning the fate of it.

Now, he gazes down on a mare who seems ready to run at any moment. It amuses him, tickles him and strokes him in many ways how he strikes fear just by standing; how he inspires panic just by being. The hardness of his eyes only come from their color; his voice has remained stripped of evil intentions and a furious tongue; he has been neutral, and it frightens.

He looks into pale eyes that adorn her petite face. At least her head is not misshapen with the ugly dished slope he has seen before in many females. He forgives her ugly pelt, her infuriating smallness. She is woman. It is sufficient.

“I scare you?” he asks quietly, tongue laced with a velveteen chuckle, “Are you so lonely that a stranger’s shadow gives you pause? Have you no friends to watch out for your safety..?” His snort is soft; a cloud of vapor wafts around his muzzle, a dragon of ice and snow. “No matter…I am Reginald, if my name will put you at ease.”

The world around him is frozen in an abominable way. He cannot stand the frozen wind, the icy shadows, the thick blocks of ice that serve as barriers between him and life-giving water. He wonders, briefly, is this cunt will be worth the cold. “How did you come to wander this forest, Miss…?” his voice trails, expecting, demanding, her name, her title.

@[Anzanie]

”Watch for Circe.”

Lost who I want to be

Image Credits

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
|| ||
The huge brute gave her the look of something that she was entirely familiar of. Back in her own place of birth the only look she saw from the gaze of the creatures around her gave her comfort, but from this brawny creature was something that reminded her as being a piece of meat. Anzanie shuffled on her daggers knowing that she had no way of being able to outrun this stranger, nor could she fend him off with the outright weight of him. Instead she was reverted to standing there as still as anything except for the longs locks of her tassles being occasionally blown by the light and chilly wind.

Her pools looked at the stag as he began talking to her, watching him as he watched and scrutinized her with his ashen orbs. She looked him too, watching him carefully whilst still keeping an eye on the winged creature that followed him. Inside she felt her gut wrench in terror, wondering how and why she had found herself in this place with this thing.

I scare you? Are you so lonely that a stranger's shadow gives you pause? Have you no friends to watch for your safety?

The entirety of his words gave her the shakes deep inside her heart as she felt them preparing her for something deeply concerning. The fact that this brute, who called himself Reginald, was referring to her lack of friends or acquaintances and even the way that she had obviously shown her weaknesses to him, was terrifying. Instead she knew to play along and see where this would end up. The fae hoped that she could get onto his nice side (if this Reginald had one) she'd get out of this situation without tears. With her high pitched voice she slowly worked her way to making conversation with him,
"I'm new to Helovia, Reginald... I found myself wanting to explore and ended up here. It's rather dark isn't it?" She continued to try to help the conversation along and not to look weak. Her stutters were only emphasised more by the echo that was bouncing off the dark trees, "My name is Anzanie, sir. Which herd do you belong to?" Although judging by his lack of niceties with the splashed queen she understood that he would have had to be alone...

He continued to pierce her with questions and she ultimately felt obliged to ask some of her own, "How did you come to find yourself in the forest?"
Image Credit

@[Reginald]

Talk is easy, he teaches Ka’Ora, perched as she from far above; her eyes are brown and tender as she watches the skittering of the female below, and behind her eyes there throbs a deep, knowing melancholy, for she knows what lurks behind her master’s face; it is a thing that makes her heart weary and sad so soon in her life. She weathers it—endures it—embraces it, for these vices serve to build the image of her master within his stony mold, and she cannot help her love for him.

Talk is easy; it comes easy from his black lips, grey eyes set dazzling and amused in the deep facets of his face. He looks down upon the female--Anzanie--and keeps the scoff of her name from his face. He is interested. “I belong to no herd,” he says, and grey eyes cast over the frozen pond, contemplating the frost that licks the waves into a solid whole, “I was raised by my mother, in the meadows…she first brought me here as a foal, to learn the ways of her warrior heart.” It does not pain him to speak of mother, not anymore; her name and image flow from his mouth almost thoughtlessly, and his heart barely bucks with it anymore.

“…however,” he decides to pour insignificant things to her, because talk is easy, and it soothes, “I’ve resided in the Dragon’s Throat for some time, to care for my sister there before she travels to her father’s side…and I’ve grown fond of the desert, there. I plan to offer myself and my services to the Throat, if they should have me.” His heart had indeed settled firmly in the fire pits of the south, and it soars and aches and longs for the summer heat to burn his back once more.

*"How did you come to find yourself in the forest?"*

He smiles at her, careless and simple, taking note of the false steel creeping into her voice. It must be false—she has grown no bigger. “I love the Throat,” he says simply, and his voice is ever soft, a cultivated whisper since the days of his boyhood, “but sometimes I love my solitude more. I come here to remember my mother, when things are quiet….”

The voice trails; the eyes go back to contemplating the frosted glass of a frozen pond. “Tell me, Anzanie,” he says the name, caressing its nasty commonness with a forked, sultry tongue, “do you have any family that you like to think of often?”

”Watch for Circe.”

Lost who I want to be

Image Credits

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
|| ||
Anzanie took one glance up at the bird that rested close to the terrifying brute that stood before her. The bird of prey somehow seemed willing to stay with Reginald, and for this the gears churned within her brain to understand this unlikely connection. But she was soon brought back to the uncertain situation she found herself in and the splashed listened to what the dusty and brawny creature was saying.

I belong to no herd.

With her pools wide she noticed his own charcoal-like orbs glancing across the incredibly still and cold water of the pond that lay near. She listened further to his speech, having an insight into the creature that stood before her and his past. And with some courage she spoke softly to him in a reply,
"And did you... learn the ways of a warrior?" She gulped, wondering whether she had spoken the correct sentence to Reginald. But he had not finished. And she flinched with a second bit of regret as to why and how she came to be in this place with this scary figure and hoped that she could find something to make her feel somehow safe with him. She had to point out to herself that the brawny stag had not laid a dagger on her, yet. And neither had he said or reacted in a way that would cause her psychological harm. She came to find out how he was part of a different herd to her, the Dragon's Throat, "I dare say that I have never heard of the Dragon's Throat. But, if you don't belong to the herd how will you grant you their services?" And then Anzanie furthered her questioning into his lineage, "You have a sister?" There was almost a hint of surprise in her tone, and the high pitched voice squeaked with it. This acquaintance seemed like an only child, or at least that was the impression he gave to her. The splashed had had several siblings and gathered that this sharing of parents with other creatures would have had some effect on each and every one of the creatures that roamed the earth.

Then he answered her own question, with a smile written across his velveteens. His voice was even softer, which Anzanie could not make out whether this terrified her more or gave her comfort. She felt she was trapped in limbo and her pillars were as frozen to the ground as the ground was in its own cuccoon, "I hope to love the Edge that much in the future. And I do agree that sometimes being alone can be a good way of keeping happy." And there it was again; the mention of his mother. The fae tilted her cranium ever so slightly which would perhaps give away her notice of the mention of his mother again, but she did not say anything. Then his voice rumbled to her again,

Tell me, Anzanie, do you have any family that you like to think of often?

This was what she had almost hoped not to hear. Her pools became clouded with sadness and her heart wrenched itself into a ball as she remembered her family, her homeland, her friends... Then with a sigh she looked at him with the same sad pools and spoke in a soft voice towards him, "I think of them all every day. It wasn't my time to leave and never was supposed to be. I think of my mother, and my father. I also have two brothers and a little sister but I doubt I shall ever see them again..." It was at this point, having opened up to Reginald that Anzanie could feel some comfort in the hope that they shared something in common.
Image Credit

@Reginald - I'm so sorry it's taken so long! I hope to be a lot faster with the next reply x3

*"And did you... learn the ways of a warrior?"*

His reply is a calm one—sure in his bearing, for he’s not the mouse who squeals in the shadows. “Yes,” he breathes, memories of mother suffusing his sight for moments, images of her on this very shore, teaching them how to move with grace on the battlefield. He sighs, and his chest rumbles with stone. “But I have never been tried in a war.” Wars are for groups and societies, and he has ever belonged to the wilderness, where your very life is a war from the moment you breath with brittle lungs.

Her questions become many and her voice trails from her maw more and more, to the point where she has become tedious; he abides by her, and keep his sights set on her tail. “I would be a warrior for them,” he says—then, smiling lightly, she asks about his sister and his breast warms at her thought once again. “I do. Her name is Macaria and she will be a yearling when the winter thaws…she is my youngest sibling.” He pauses and the snow is cold against his fetlocks, the wind brutal on his back. “Our mother died just after giving her birth,” he says, the words falling frankly from his mouth. A mystery solved for the vexing little mare, even before the question was uttered.

She continues with the thread of thoughts he has planted within her, speaking of things he truly does not quite care about—although he welcomes the ease of her voice and the tension that had drawn her spine taut. It is soft flesh he aches for. “They probably think of you too, you know,” he says, and his voice has become lower, quieter, something husky rumbling just there behind his tongue, “Of their lost sister and daughter. Perhaps you will find family in the Edge that will come to love you in the same way…”

He shifts his weight in the snow; he shakes his mane, and his dark tail curls idly behind him. Ka’Ora watches; she is ever an attentive acolyte. “Aren’t you cold, Anzanie?” he asks her, and the curve of his voice is a warm one, even if there is still a trace of a husky thing that clings to his throat. Ka’Ora can see the fangs for what they are as they begin to emerge from her master’s teeth; and so, she watches her master hunt.

”Watch for Circe.”

Lost who I want to be

Image Credits

@Anzanie

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
|| ||
His calm demeanor as he spoke to her almost gave the naive splashed the chills, for his words of the warrior life, the way he mused over his memories almost fondly, was so great. Any male who spoke of his mother would be looked upon with great admiration but the fact that Reginald had been trained by his mother in order to fight did not cease Anzanie's chilly shivers deep within her gut.

But I have never been tried in a war.

His words and the sigh that followed gave her an almighty shake within that she was close to someone who felt what could be taken as demeaned for not having put his deadly talents into action. She stared at him with wide pale pools of fright and wonder. The rumble from his chest only furthered the turn of the tide where she thought she had been a bit safer.

What swayed her back, however, was his willingness to fight for his herd. For this she tilted her cranium towards him and let her pools quieten down back into their sockets as they watched the frightful stag embrace a smile. And talk of his yearling sister. I wonder what she would look like, Anzanie thought with a tender curiosity. It seemed that the steel brute was not a sight for sore eyes; would the female relative be the same?

Our mother died just after giving her birth.

The splashed fae took a step back, aghast with shock that she did so. And the way he was so matter of fact about it scared her. How did he lack so much emotion? Anzanie remained silent and dipped her skull towards the ground in respect of Reginald's mother, and that she could not say anything that she felt would impact positively on their encounter.

His words surprised her, however. What had come next threw her back like heavy winds, and Anzanie stood there with so little to keep her weight from falling to the ground in shock.

They probably think of you too... of their lost sister and daughter. Perhaps you will find family in the Edge that will come to love you in the same way.

What was he saying? The princess realised that she had actually not even spoken yet, and had remained silent as she listened to his rumbling voice, and for this she was both obliged and compelled to answer,
"I hope they do think of me, like I think of them," her voice was soft and hinted at the freshness of her youth, "and one day I hope I do find my own family within the Edge, that would be my greatest achievement. The splashed smiled lightly as she thought back to her kin she had been snatched from, and to her new life at the Edge. Could they really replace what she had been so content with?

She then brought her attention back to the steel brute as he shook his heavy tassles. And she noticed the bird yet again that strode him. The splashed wondered how she could ever forget such a terrifying looking creature, but then again she pointed out to herself that it was next to Reginald. Her thoughts over his worryingly large demeanor broke out into fact as he spoke again:

Aren't you cold, Anzanie?

A little shiver gave away her discomfort in the cold she had never experienced before. Frostfall here was nothing like she had known. But the husk in his voice made Anzanie believe that she was completely missing the point of his question, especially as she eyed the stag that stood before her, "I, no... why- why do you ask?"
Image Credit

@Reginald - I'm so so sorry I took so long! Busy busy busy xD