the Rift

[OPEN] Where the Wild Things Are

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Wanderer...

The words echo through my mind, as my head swings low, my weary body pushing on.

I felt like a no body. Yes, rumors had flown my direction of the hidden falls invasion... And both my sisters participation. I live in a family of marauders. Who don't speak to each other, and chase each other off. Even our father took part in stealing homes from others.

The last time I had tried to get in touch with my sisters, one had some asshole body guard who threatened to beat me to a pulp, and then she took his side and chased me off with her teeth bared... I didn't even pose a threat. Then, well, I headed to the Basin where my other sister, Ophelia, is said to rule, and instead I am ignored. Not one of her minions answered me, and she herself did not show.

My brothers? Vanished. In hiding. Who the hell knows. But I didn't hear word of them, from anyone. No one seemed to know them... So I did the same thing. I spent the rest of my spring and summer hiding in the dark depths of Helovia, venturing back and forth over the border.

And yet, here I am, back inside my so called home. The home where murders happen everyday... Including my mothers. Inside the home that I felt like didn't want me, where I don't fit in... With my morals and all... Was it really so hard to find true integrity?

Apparently so.

My blue eyes blink, as my head lifts, and I find myself in the Ancient Rotunda. I look around slowly as the chilly fall sky filters through the colored glass... And suddenly I was down. A tired groan pushes through my lips as my legs collapse from under me, curling under, as my muzzle rests on my left knee. I might just take a nice long nap... After all, I needed it.

"talk."
Notes: For anyone to enter! :D @[Maren] incase you wanna throw her in Yew!!! Also, Ali feel free to throw @[Vadim] or @[Ktulu] if you would like?

Soren
Even hero's fall apart
image credits go here! | table by wanda

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer

The clouds are heavy with rain.

She's waiting for it to fall, red eyes cast towards the dark horizon. Gray grows and swells, like the bags underneath an insomniac's eyes, and with each minute they thicken. Soon they will envelop the horizon. Soon they will devour the sky. And she wonders, absent-mindedly, if it would make it rain faster if she strode towards the horizon, if she ran into the storm—but she knew that was impossible. What the clouds and birds traversed in minutes took hours for her.

Sometimes she wishes she could fly. Today was one of those days.

You see, if she could fly, she could rescue mom. If she could fly, she wouldn't have to worry about being someone's dinner. If she could fly, she could be with her companion, and play in the sky, and never have to worry again.

Lilómiel wheels above, dark wings cutting an imposing silhouette against the silvered backdrop, ruinous in his black garb. His mind welds into hers, cramming tightly against her mind's poisonous cracks, his thoughts weaving and binding against hers. It brings the faintest of smiles to curl up her lips—his violent reconciliation with her wants are sweet, in a strange way. They originate out of well-meaning, out of a fierce and overwhelming hunger to give her what she wants. Even if the pressure of their connection makes her head pound... she can't really complain.

And even better, if she closes her eyes, she can almost feel the wind on her wings, the breeze snapping at her cheeks and ruffling through her feathers.

Nymeria sighs.
Lilómiel drifts higher, their growing physical separation not leaving a blemish on their mental closeness.
She turns towards home.

Hooves scrape over earth and brittle grass. Hips sway, relaxed and flexing comfortably. Neck softens, head lowering in an image of casual, insolent grace. Mother's walk, she had always thought of it; she worked every day to emulate it, to let it become a natural, easy movement, but it was difficult. Elegance was easy; but to pin down the faintly threatening curves and the viperous strength to her neck and the fierce look in her eyes less so.

I wish she was here to teach me it.

She's not, but a stranger is here to let her practice it.

Dark gray, thick lines, bright eyes, curving horn. Nymeria's head lifts, her vivacious eyes settling on that toxic male form. One step. Ears prick forward. Two steps. Knees snap a little higher. Three steps. Hips flex wider. Four steps. Neck curls. Five steps. Head tilts just so. Six steps. A smile.

Lilómiel thunders, the darkness of his thoughts roiling in protest.

"Hello!" The wolf calls out, turning on full charm (and ignoring his collapsed, sad-looking situation.)

Nymeria & Lilómiel
A woman is only vulnerable when her nail polish is drying,
and even then she can still pull a trigger.
crystaluniicorn | background
@[Soren]

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

There is someone approaching...

A young voice calls out in greeting, and she can only mean me. An irritable sigh presses through my lips, as blue eyes open and my head lifts to look at the little turd who was interrupting my nap. The look on my face is anything but pleased.

Slowly my blue eyes roam her. She is young, Not yet a yearling even. Yet she seems to be throwing on all her charm. Her color is similar to mine, but without the graying along her body. My eyes move a little more, landing on her face. A white mask covers it, almost like her skull where open to the elements. But that was just the fur on her face.

And inside her sockets lay eyes that where crimson. Crimson... Crimson like the blood that pumped in her veins. She was grotesque, but beautiful, all in the same moment. Ah, a beautiful child. To not be awkward and withdrawn. Lucky.

My legs unfold beneath me, and in one graceful movement I bring myself to my feet. In one not so graceful movement I shake the dust from my body, hoofs skidding slightly to give me a spread out look, and neck and head shaking to give me a tangled and discombobulated appearance. After that was done, I righted myself and looked at her, brow raised.

"Hello."

Short, sweet, and straight to the point. If there was any.

"talk."

@[Nymeria]

Soren
Even heroes fall apart
image credits go here! | table by wanda

Aveira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
<style>.connormain { width: 350px; font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed', sans-serif; font-size: 35px; color: #F6F6F6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 80%; padding: 5px; 0px 0px 0px; } .connorsubh { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 8px; color: #D0D0D0; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 0px; } .connorposta { width: 320px; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9px; color: #020202; text-align: justify; line-height: 110%; padding: 20px; background-color: #f6f6f6; } .connortagz { width: 350px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: 7px; color: #f6f6f6; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; padding: 8px; line-height: 110%; border-top: 1px solid #fff; border-bottom: 1px solid #fff; } .connorbold b { color: #8E0000; } </style>

credits: fillyrox.deviantart.com & lovehorses14.deviantart.com

AVEIRA
YOU'RE GONNA MISS ME WHEN I'M GONE
Fresh but cold liquid slid down the mare’s throat as she swallowed mouthfuls of it from the creek in front of her. The water rippled slightly as it moved on down the slope, towards places unknown to her. Aveira couldn’t help thinking about how clear the water here was and how good it tasted on her tongue. Humming with pleasure, the mare lifted her head to lick at the last droplets of aqua on her lips. Her thirst was now quenched and she wondered what she was supposed to do now. Aveira’s wings were folded at her sides and she didn’t care consider flying. Her wings ached badly from the long flight to whatever this place’s name was… They needed rest and time to heal.

Flicking her tail once and then twice, Aveira braced herself as a chilly breeze swept past her. Ebony locks danced as the fingers of the wind tossed them about her face and neck until the breeze died. Her hair was straight and it settled against her skin once more. She suddenly wished that the hair on her body was a little thicker to compensate for the dropping temperatures. Sighing somberly, the Arabian-shaped mare turned away from the creek and was about to wander off when voices reached her ears. Perking her ears forward, Aveira swiveled her head so that she could look in the direction she thought she had heard the voices. No movement caught her eye but that didn’t mean someone or something wasn’t close by.

With the sky being so cloudy, the Pegasi female didn’t even notice the slight shadow that passed over her head. So onward she walked till she broke through some underbrush and passed a metal gate. Two figures caught her eye and she paused mid-step. She stood as still as she could, even going as far as trying to breath really quietly. Was she interrupting something?

DONE - 317 WORDS - HOPE YOU DON'T MIND!

@[Soren] @[Nymeria]