Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu
Ktulu the Constrictor
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

In the days since the invasion had ended and she had been healed, Ktulu had been ill at ease. The land they had taken was no longer the land she remembered, at least not in appearance. The change in appearance didn't stop her memories from running wild and taking her down every avenue that would leave her heartbroken all over again. She had reveled in the chance at going to war and losing herself in the fight, but once the fight was over she was left right where she had begun. No, maybe she was a little bit worse because they had won and she found herself locked away in the Earth God's lands. At one time she had respected the god, maybe even had love for him, but now she felt nothing of the sort for him. A fierce dislike that bordered on hatred burned within her soul.

Ktulu stayed near the Falls' border so she wouldn't run into anyone. It didn't sit well with her that she didn't want to see Archibald, Lakota, Apollo, or even her sister. She wanted to be alone and she suspected that staying near the border would make them think that she was doing patrols. It couldn't have been farther from the truth, but it was only her and Eytan that knew. The bear wasn't thrilled about Ktulu's attitude or the depression that she had let herself sink in to, but no matter what he did he couldn't seem to pull her out of it.

'What are you doing?' He asked as Ktulu stopped walking several yards from the border and stared at the land that was free and not claimed by the Earth God's herd. She doubted anyone would notice that she was gone for a few days and when they finally did she would be far enough that they wouldn't be able to track her. 'Ktulu?' Eytan prodded, which made her look down at him. "Nothing..." She murmured, even though he would know she was lying. Such was the nature of their bond. 'Liar!' The grizzly snapped, a low growl rumbling in his throat. He was at his wits end and didn't know what to do anymore. "Shut up, Eytan." The dark mare snapped back at the bear. She didn't even bother to look at him and, instead, made her way toward the border, intent on leaving without anyone being aware.

"."

@[Archibald]

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

KTULU & ARCHIBALD
Can’t take back the cards you dealt on this long and lonely road to hell

In her bickering with her companion, Archibald knew he was not detected by Ktulu. He watched her from the trees, heavy brush surrounding his body in a camouflaging darkness. Loretta was just several yards off, gnawing at her latest meal. Golden eyes narrowed, however, when Ktulu stepped forward to leave the border of the Hidden Falls. Slowly, but without restraint, Archibald moved forward. The Czar kept his body turned to the side, using his massive bulk to completely block her path. His golden eyes were hard as he turned his head to lock them to her crimson, and he gave a gruff sort of snort, though it was quiet. "Where are you going, my Champion?" He asked, voice tinged with a bit of frustration. He knew Ktulu too well, knew the suffering she had endured. He knew she wanted to run, even without her telling him. Archibald the Dauntless knew the heart of Ktulu the Constrictor.

In this knowing, Archibald became silently furious. The mare wanted to leave him, wanted to leave Lakota, wanted to leave the remnants of her family behind. Archibald had worked hard to keep them united as one force, now that they had all found each other once more, and he would be damned if Ktulu would tear them at the seams. "What do you plan to do in the Wilds?" The dark stallion's ears perked forward, moving from the position they had been, tucked back into his dark mane. Crashing behind them, Loretta close the distance. From her maw hung the scraps of her unfinished meal, and without hesitation the bitch trotted towards Eytan and dropped the morsel at the bear's paws. Her jaw hung open and her tail waved behind her, greeting her friend.

Archibald let his eyes sweep momentarily over his companion before he spoke over their bond. Turning his eyes back to Ktulu, the Dauntless conveyed what was happening to Loretta. Confused, and feeding off of Archibald's growing anger, the malamute moved to stand beside Archibald. The red and white dog puffed her chest, daring Ktulu to try and break their blockade.

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Ktulu
Ktulu the Constrictor

"Where are you going, my Champion?"

In hindsight, Ktulu should have known that Archibald would know what she was doing. She should have known that he would confront her and try to stop her from leaving, but why? Why? "Nowhere." It wasn't exactly a lie because there was nowhere in particular that the Constrictor wanted to go. She just wanted to run away from everything that hurt her. She wanted to run until her body broke down and she could no longer move and if the wilds claimed her then so be it. For as frustrated as Archibald was, Ktulu was equally as frustrated. When he wanted to leave the Foothills she had bid him farewell. She had not stalked him in the shadows and acted as if she owned him. She had not blocked his path and made him stay even when his heart wanted him elsewhere.

"What do you want from me?" She didn't bother to try and hide the frustration that colored her voice. "I've fought your invasion for you and helped you get the Falls. What more could you possibly want from me?" What more did she have left to give? Her life? Would he demand that from her as punishment for leaving? A small part of her suspected that if he demanded her life she would let him have it just so she wouldn't have to suffer through the pain that her existence dumped on her.

"What do you plan to do in the wilds?"

"My business is my own." Was her only reply to Archibald's question. Her head turned as she heard Loretta's approach and she watched as the red dog ran toward Eytan, who greeted her solemnly. She continued to watch as Loretta moved back to Archibald and joined him in blocking her escape. "What are you doing?" She suddenly demanded. "Why? I did not make you stay when you wanted to leave. Why are you trying to stop me?" As she spoke Eytan moved to her side, ready to fight beside her if that was what it came down to. "Move aside, Archibald." She said. "And let me pass. You already have what you want."

"."

@[Archibald]

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

KTULU & ARCHIBALD
Can’t take back the cards you dealt on this long and lonely road to hell

Archibald watched the woman with narrowed eyes. His dark tail lashed against his hocks as his anger grew within his chest. Her business was his just as much as it was hers. They were tied by the bond of war and peace, strength and unity, and Archibald would not let her pass and break that bond. "I want you to stay. You have a family here. A life. You are hurt, and you are broken. You are angry, and I know there is still a desire for blood on your hooves." Archibald spoke plainly, his voice deep and honest, but laced with the anger he felt. Loretta began to prickle at his side, unable to shield herself completely from the anger he felt. The bitch, one so ready to fight and tangle herself in the web of combat, did not want to fight Ktulu or Eytan. They were their friends. But through Archibald's mind, Loretta could see what was coming. The stallion's muscles tensed as Ktulu continued to spit her words at them. Every fiber of his being wanted to knock her off balance, let her fall onto her ass, so she could see how foolish she was being.

"If you can defeat me, you can leave." Archibald finally said, ears pinned down into his tangled, dark mane. He did not leave any room for Ktulu to hesitate. Quickly and with earth-shattering force the Dauntless sprung forward towards the smaller mare. Teeth, gnashing in anger, struck out and sought to snap closed on the skin of Ktulu's face. Steel-clad hooves dug into the loamy soil, trying to keep his balance as centered as possible. He kept them from sweeping up and scraping down her legs, because as anger as Archibald was, he was not that angry. Not angry enough to damage something the mare cherished so close.

Panicked, Loretta sprung to the side some. Her amber eyes flashed to Eytan, almost pleading for him not to jump into the fray. She doubted the bear would heed her plea, and she did not blame him. If anyone had the audacity to attack Archibald the way he had done to Ktulu, Loretta would end them. Archibald snorted and thrust his shoulder forward, turning some to his left and aiming to batter Ktulu in her chest and wind her. Fuck! Loretta exclaimed, panic and bile rising in the throat.

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Ktulu
Ktulu the Constrictor

"You cannot have everything you want, Archibald!" The dark mare snapped, her own anger rising to match his own. But he continued on, telling her everything she felt which only made her anger that much worse. "You are the worst kind of hypocrite." She growled when he told her that she had to defeat him to leave. "You do not own me!" But didn't he? Did he not have a chunk her heart locked away somewhere inside of his massive body? Was he not her closest friend, the one that understood her pain more intimately than anyone else ever could? The one that could cause her more pain than he could possibly imagine by acting the way he was and demanding things of her that she could not give?

"You might as well kill me!" Ktulu screamed at the newly appointed Czar. "Even if you defeat me I will not stay!" Eytan shifted nervously beside his companion, his own personal fear rising as his bonded called for her own death. He looked to Loretta, silently pleading with her to do something because he knew the heart of his bonded and he knew that she would fight until she had nothing left and she lay broken.

The words had scarcely left her lips and Archibald was upon her, his teeth scraping across the delicate, thin skin on the bridge of her nose. He peeled away fur and left a cut oozing blood. She screamed her own anger as she aimed a bite at the behemoth's throat. Her magic began to swirl within her and as she bit at Archibald her body had begun to change its shape, teeth elongating and turning to sharp points, her hooves changing to deadly claws. She roared then, using every ounce of magic that her position as champion offered and at the same time she flung a massive paw toward Archibald's shoulder with the intent of flaying his shoulder open.

Eytan tried to intrude then, doing his best to use his magic to terrify them into stopping, but Ktulu was so consumed by her anger that she turned on the smaller bear. "BACK OFF!" She roared, which sent the grizzly stumbling back to stand near Loretta. He watched helplessly, sad that he had been unable to prevent a fight between friends.

The distraction that Eytan caused allowed Archibald's hit to her chest to land true. She stumbled back, lost her grip on her magic, and because of that her body shifted back to its normal state. Ktulu sucked in a breath, desperate to fill her lungs as she glared at Archibald. "I fucking hate you." She growled as she threw herself back into the fray, uncaring about her small stature compared to his. Let him use his size to break her and put her out of her misery.

"."

@[Archibald]

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay