the Rift

[OPEN] Look what I have! [Welcoming]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
The trek ensued from the Threshold in silence. Elsa still wasn't quite sure how she would go about introducing everything. In comparison, Elsa was about as new as Anzanie to the Edge. The only thing Elsa had over her, was a couple years working around Helovia. Hopefully, she could at least fill in the details. Thankfully, the Edge wasn't quite yet a complicated herd, as far as she knew, they just had the basics and were waiting for their kings to decide how to go about the in the future.

Eventually, her thoughts had finally gotten her to the Edge. To The north were mountains, and to the south there was mostly ocean. Just before they reached the biggest opening in the cracked glass wall, Elsa stopped a turned around. "Well here you are," she began, gesturing around to signify that this was in fact the Edge in all of its glory. "Majua and Torleik are the kings here, and I am a Forungi; A general of sorts." The words of the kings' language were complicated. The way they fell off the tongue was odd, and against her normal speaking pattern. "So, as you can tell. Most of us have specific jobs. They fall into five main categories, warrior, crafter, seer, doctor and sneak. Everyone starts from the bottom, but eventually you can make it to the top of the food chain so to speak." Edgar flew from his perch, down to Elsa's from to watch Anzanie, trying to decide what he thought was her best suit. Elsa on the other hand, just shook her head and let Edgar carry on with his useless charade. "If you wish to start working in a field, I can put you in your respective grouping, and let you know who to go to. Or, if you'd like, you can simply be a mare and take some time to figure out if there is something you want to do." She smiled brightly, thinking back on her own experiences. Funny how things changed. This girl was once a meek little crafter, happy, joyous, and carefree. Now, well, she was a warrior, and much changed from her initial state. At least she wasn't cemented into the position of Mason. "Do not be afraid to try different things either, if you choose a job, but want to do another, you can always switch." She tacked on, finally taking a breath to allow Anzanie to speak. "Feel free to ask questions to. I'll answer them the best I can." Edgar peeped in agreement, finally settling between the two and listening to Anzanie intently. He was even thinking that maybe this could be the start of some sort of friendship between the two girls. Gods know that Elsa needs to make at least one of those.

"Talking"
@[Anzanie] and open to others as well!
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
Anzanie
||||
The splashed followed her new acquaintance to the letter, keeping a close distance to Elsa as she picked her way through the terraria. It had seemed like such a long time until they had reached what the ivory pegasus called The Edge. She then gestured to the expanse of terrain that spread out ahead of them, with a little introduction to all its splendour. Although the cold snap of Frostfall had begun to find its way into nature's bed, she could still appreciate the way the foliage rippled with life and the breeze from endless blue that whirled up the cliffs and cut through the trees.

There was still the essence of green, the colour was a prominent feature of this land, and Anzanie was overwhelmed by the dramatic change in scenery. She had gone from a tropical, exotic paradise to the Threshold, a dense forest, and now the World's Edge. The mist that lay amongst the terrain alongside herself and Elsa led Anzanie to question what time of day it was, since she hadn't paid attention to how long she had spent in the Threshold nor how long it took for their travels to conclude here.

Elsa turned to face Anzanie who had planted her slender pillars behind Elsa's rump, careful not to stray too far from the comfort of a familiar bodice. Anzanie felt she could trust this dame, who after all, was sharing her world to the splashed. This was a courteous thing to do.

Mauja and Torleik are the kings here, and I am a Forungi; a general of sorts.

Her words rang into the queen's ears, and she felt herself already prickling with questions. As she spoke her high pitched voice gave away to some of these questions,
"You have two kings?" her orbs wide with surprise, "In my homeland my father was Emperor, my mother his Emperess, never did we have two Emperors..." and then her focus turned to the sects within the herd that Elsa categorised for her. It was all so complicated that Anzanie felt her cranium burning with the information being strewn out. The frightened creature was now becoming overwhelmed with all the new information, yet she was persistent to find herself in this, "You have many jobs. I would love to find myself part of one!" her youthful naivety was surging at the thought of actually belonging in this strange world. But what should she do? Her tone deepened and her orbs filled with embarrassment as she spoke again to Elsa, "I was never trained in any sort of job. I was royalty... I never... well, I'd only ever been groomed to stand beside a brute." She titled her cranium to the left side of her bodice, balancing the weight of her horns as she wondered what she wanted to be.

The smile from the ivory gave her some comfort, and her words extra comforting for Anzanie. The young dame knew that she was in good daggers with Elsa, and that was something Anzanie felt very grateful to her gods to. Yes, gods! Anzanie's skull shot up and she looked once more to Elsa, "Do you have Gods here, my friend?" She felt right to call Elsa a friend. She was still very unsure of the creature that clung to the ivory queen, but she felt safe in the knowledge that the companion wouldn't harm her.
Image Credit

@[Elsa] I'm so sorry for the wait! Was waiting for Anzanie's rank to be changed <3
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

The perplexed look on Anzanie's face makes her smile curve upward. Elsa saw some much of herself in this newcomer, and the question that poured from her mouth would have been the exact same if she had just arrived. I mean, either way, putting two men in the same tier of power liked that seemed to be a boy-fight waiting to happen. It would be amusing, but still not exactly ideal. So, Elsa shrugged and began to explain. "It was the same in my home. You will find rather quickly that Helovia is very far from what you consider normal." She laughed lightly then, thinking of all the things that could happen. At this rate, Elsa didn't think anything could surprise her.

Although, it seemed Elsa could be surprised by the simple things. Anzanie's small story to why she had no skills caused Elsa's ears to tilt forward and have her full attention. Even though Elsa was raised in the same circumstances, from a young age she was taught crafting as well as fighting. It was the two thing she ate, slept, and breathed every day. I guess things are really different no matter where you are. "Do not worry about not being able to do something- every job is tiered, meaning there will be someone who knows it well to help you get on your feet." Well, Elsa assumed there was. She had yet to really make friends with all of the other "heads". Regardless, Anzanie would still be taught. "Is there one that interests you in particular?" Edgar peeped inwardly, actually hoping she would be a little warrior so Elsa would have someone to be around. Elsa just rolled her eyes, ignoring Edgar. She gently reminded him that they could technically be around anyone, they just had to become more "social".

But then the entire conversation took a turn. It went to the gods. Elsa's smile faltered for a moment but returned. They were powerful, and had all the voodoo shit, but they sure as hell do not care about anyone but themselves. That was what the God of Earth had taught her anyway. "Gods do exist, respectively moon, earth, sun and time." She began, trying to hide her ire from Anzanie. The deities were just not something Elsa wanted to willingly cross. "They are all in charge of the magics of their "real" so to speak. For instance, moon controls darkness and wind. Time controls shock and time magics, so on so forth." Edgar peeped, trying to draw the attention away from Elsa for a short moment to let her muscles unwind. During the short duration of that conversation they had contorted themselves into tight balls, and she almost looked like a statue. "That is all they are there for. Other than that, they have no desire to have direct contact with us." Elsa frowned, and let Anzanie take that as she will. If she had more questions, Elsa would be sure to answer. It just wasn't fair that from the start, she had the impression that they were caring gods. They were hardly caring at all.

"Talking"
@[Anzanie] Sorry for the wait!
Elsa

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
||||
Elsa's smile warmed the insides of Anzanie like the heat from her former homeland would. It was a shame that the warmth of her body language and cranial expressions couldn't heat her up in the literal sense as Anzanie gave a shiver of cold as she braced herself up against the winds of the Edge ripping through her thin pelt. Her splashed coat was taking a hammering from the weather that she had merely thought to be a fantasy before stepping onto the shores of this new world. The princess gazed at the pale dame near her vicinity with deep pools, watching her intently as she continued to explain the gears and workings of thee region.

You will find rather quickly that Helovia is very far from what you consider normal.

The words allowed Anzanie an unstoppable giggle to pass through her velveteens. From her newborn moments in Helovia she had not quite seen the extent to which Elsa meant, but the splashed already felt compelled to believe her that normal was not in the vocabulary of Helovia and the inhabitants of its strange, new land.

Anzanie blushed with slight embarrassment and gratitude at the fae's words of comfort and understanding to her lack of skills and she watched Elsa's skull tilt with the curiosity that she was evidently compelled to leave buried within her bodice. The splashed felt completely out of her comfort zone in the place, and she tipped her daggers to the air each before placing them back on the cold, hard terraria of the World's Edge. With these moments she allowed Elsa to see the embarrassment that was welling up inside of her. In Irrespitine she did not need such skills, they were already taken care of, she did not need to cater for the masses in crafts or be a warrior, she was the one they had to cater for and protect. No doubt Anzanie had felt gratitude towards them, but no way had she been brought up as an equal in terms of class.

The wind felt like it had picked up and it tingled the jewellery embedded in her bodice, and the splashed could feel it dance as it made chiming noises as the pieces of gold touched each other.
Is there one that interests you in particular?
Anzanie sighed at the question that felt impossible to answer. She took a moment to breathe inwards deeply as she recalled her interests. Anzanie had been a creative foal but had always been intent on listening in to the healers of her herd. Perhaps that was something the naive fae could take on? She stuttered incomprehensively as she began to make her thoughts known to her new friend,
"If I were able to be trained to a good standard in these sectors, would I be able to take on a role of craftsman or healer?" She smiled warmly at Elsa as she waited for her reply. The new friend she had made was so friendly and helpful and Anzanie could feel nothing but gratitude and warmth towards the dame, and it felt like she was the sole person right now who knew anything of her existence in this world.

And the conversation had taken its winding turn back to the gods. Elsa seemed to hesitate at the subject of the gods, and deep down the fae wondered why this was the case. But Elsa carried on regardless of her issues with the subject and Anzanie listened with pricked lobes, listening to every detail. Whatever it was that was troubling her, it seemed that it was piercing through her bodice just screaming "this is an issue." "I never knew that they could co-exist with us, I really didn't. That must be an amazing thing!" She tried to lighten the subject, but decided that no more should be said about the topic that seemed to give her one and only friend trouble.
Image Credit

@[Elsa] I was swamped with stuff to do haha sorry again!

Talk of the Gods seemed to pass over smoothly, much to Elsa's delight. Anzanie's rhetorical comment gave Elsa enough confidence to continue on with the previous conversation, and leave the deities behind. The day could only have ended poorly if the painted mare had turned out to be a devout being.

So back to the topic of crafting, and Elsa nodded eagerly. "You could join whatever you please, as long as you try. That is really all we can ask for." She shrugged, and Edgar watched silently from his perch, content to actually listen this time. "I was a craftsman before I decided to turn over to the protective side, so if that interests you, I could at least get you started until we get a Glazier." As far as Elsa knew, there was not a single crafter to be found within these lands. Although it may seem insignificant compared to the lack of warriors, without crafters, there was no defense. They were left in the open until those who were skilled could try their hand at defenses. "If healing is what you seek, there are three that are dedicated to the craft. One in particular, I believe, is named Alysanne." When it came to the ways of healing, there was absolutely no knowledge that lurked within Elsa. It would, quite literally, be a warrior trying to tell a healer how to do their job; all her information would be wrong. "Of course, if you can't make a decision from the get-go, you are welcome to dabble in both for a little while to see which you prefer." Elsa shifted quietly then, still not knowing where exactly to take the conversation. Most of them ended this way, with one simple choice, but something lurking within Elsa wanted her to continue. Was it for friendship? For feeling of personal achievement? There were a plethora of reasons for why Elsa was feeling this way, but she needed to satiate it. "Do you like it so far?" Her voice was timid and unsure, but it was a test of the waters. Did Anzanie want to even have a conversation?

"Talking"
@[Anzanie] Thanks for the patience! :) Also sorry its a little odd, trying to get back in the swing of it.
Elsa

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
||
||
To Anzanie's faded pools it appeared that her new friend seemed more relieved to drop the topic of the gods which watched over this land. And to this the sweet fae felt curious. Why would she be relieved not to speak of the gods, particularly when they were the ones that watched over this realm and her own life?

But she decided not to take this string of conversation any further as she felt the cold mist settling on her bodice like dew on the grass that her daggers had taken to whilst standing her. She decided to shake the cold from her pillars and moved slowly, almost in a circling fashion to rid herself of her own dead weight that had become slow and rigid as she stood waiting. But for this Anzanie did not feel uncomfortable with, as she understood that this moment in time her future was in the daggers of Elsa.

An excitable nod headed Anzanie's direction as the topic has zig-zagged its way back to the occupational roles and in particular the craftsman vacancy. Anzanie's heart leaped at the chance to already have the chance to be in a position of importance and for this she reciprocated Elsa's nod with a little dance of excitement of her own and her beautiful skull let out a squeak of youthful happiness,

"I would be honoured to become a craftsman," her high pitched voice was melodic in the silence of the World's Edge and she instantly felt, if given time to acclimatize to the misty terraria, this could be her home. But then she stopped and thought out loud for a second, "Do you believe I could be up to the job?" And with a further thought as to what Elsa had said, she then politely questioned her new friend on her own choices, "And may I ask why you chose to become a protector rather than a craftsman?"

The talk of becoming a healer also interested her greatly. In essence, Anzanie wanted to be an asset to her new herd, not a burden. Perhaps, if given the chance, she could also become a healer. But then her own confidence let her down and her entire bodice became deflated - she was no healer. The role of a craftsman was far better suited to her, especially considering the jewellery that was embedded into her own skin. Her tribe was known for their intricate jewellery and this was perhaps something she could bring to the Edge, as well as forge her name in other aspects of the trade.

And then the splashed dame noticed Elsa grow quiet and with an awkward tilt of her cranium in thought, she stepped forward towards her and leaned for a nuzzle against the fae's neck. This was a friendship for sure, she felt she could become very close with the creature that had led her from fright and the unknown into the arms of a new herd.

Do you like it so far? A timid voice reached out to Anzanie from Elsa's velveteens.

Anzanie simply spoke in a deeper voice, guiding her tones towards the pale pegasus, "I love it."

Her words were no lie, they were the truth. She felt at home already and was elated at the thought of making beautiful memories here.
Image Credit

@[Elsa] I'm sorry you've had to wait for my reply too! Hopefully this will help in kicking off the membership process, and right now I think Anzanie's torn between becoming a craftsman and a healer haha xD

Craftsmanship.

Really, the idea did sound great. In theory, you held the world in your hands, waiting to grasp and mold the environment to your will. Like every good thing, there was a downfall. You were subject to the will of your so called "patron" God. If you displeased them, there was the chance you could lose a power, while on the other hand, if you did something amazing, you would get nothing. Nothing! Correct, while the Gods may argue that they have already given you the gift of crafting, they know nothing of the monotony and toils that the crafters must go through. It was never as peachy as it sounded. "Wonderful! As I have mentioned there is no denoted "head" of the craftsmen yet. I could help you if you wish, but if you wanted to get started working with glass right away, it may be in your best interests to approach the kings about it." The lie at the front of her tongue rolled off easily, slipping unnoticed into the rest of her instructions with ease. It was terrifying how quickly the art of lying was melding into her being.

And for a moment, Elsa thought she would get away unscathed, but Anzanie delved into the realms of why's and if's. Her blue eyes glanced down for a moment, trying to conjure up the words to say. It wasn't easy pretending, and this certainly would not be a viable lie. She had to tell the truth. Clearing her throat, she offered another small, broken smile and began. "Maybe it's to prove myself, maybe it's for my family, or maybe its to try and bring back the one I've lost," She mused sadly. "Either way, becoming a warrior justifies most of my actions, and brings an air of strength to me. Before, I was such a silly, naive little girl. I thought I was untouchable-" Her voice faded into silence, swinging her head back and forth in shame. "I am a coward, I suppose, and I wished to change that." There was a simple explanation, although everything before was as vague as the moon. Anzanie could see the outline of what she was trying to explain, but in the end, she wouldn't be able to digest the details. For now, that is what Elsa wanted. In the future, if they remained friends, then, and only then, would Anzanie really see the scared, broken child hidden behind a wall of bricks.

So now, Elsa quickly busied herself with Anzanie's positive response. She maneuvered to her side, reaching out her nose to bump her friends right shoulder hoping she wasn't a stickler for personal space and moved. "I'm glad you find it to your liking. I can leave you now, if you wish to explore on your own. Personally, I think a tour with no one but yourself makes for a much more emotional experience. Its so weird, standing in the silence, overlooking a cliff that seems endless. If I wasn't a pegasus, I'd probably be convinced that I could fly." She smirked, swishing her tail playfully. The ball was in her court now. Anymore questions would be happily answered, or they could both go their separate ways for now, and find their place in this crazy, endlessly surprising land.

"Talking"
@[Anzanie] <3 If you want, we can continue, but if not, you're free to go. :)
Elsa

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
||    ||
With a shake of her cranium in triumph at Elsa's words of becoming a craftsman, she smiled at the pale fae with a sweet and soft sigh. I will start off in this world as something that matters and can be of use to my herd, she thought. She pawed the ground with one of her golden daggers and took in the words of suggestion from Elsa she that she may want to approach the kings of the World's Edge in order to become a craftsman. In reply she spoke softly,
"I shall do that, Elsa. I would love to become a craftsman if the Edge is in need of one, and I hope to be of use to people in that position," and then she hesitated slightly, "But how am I to reach the Kings?"

Anzanie caught a glance from Elsa's pools reaching down to the ground at her probing. The splashed felt guilty that she may have made the dame feel uncomfortable, but nonetheless her friend spoke to her and explained:

Either way, becoming a warrior justifies most of my actions, and brings an air of strength to me.

And the splashed fae stepped forward in a comforting manner to her new friend. She knew that whatever the ivory queen had endured or done in the past, she was now part of something that would forgive her for that, "I don't believe for a second that you were like that. And I know for a fact, that although I haven't known you for that long, Elsa, that being a warrior in this herd will do you proud, it's an honourable position to be the defence of this kingdom." Anzanie stretched her pale velveteens into a smile towards the ivory in the hope of both apologising for prying and also to give her reassurance, but not having known the fae for long she was not sure whether that that would be any real comfort to the Edge's fae.

With a small thought, Anzanie hesitated. She did not want to be alone in this new land, although she knew that she was to become a part of it. But she knew not of the other creatures that roamed here and that terrified her... Who was to say that the creatures she came across were going to be quite so friendly to her? "Errr... You can leave if you wish, Elsa. I would like to explore and hopefully meet the kings, so I won't keep you!" She smiled back and tipped her cranium in pleasantry to Elsa at the playful words of her new friend. Now was the time to make her mark on this world, and the princess did not want to seem entirely like a coward.

[OOC: Do I still need to wait for one of the kings to accept me into the herd before I can have the rank changed etc? We can leave the thread at this though if you'd like!]

" . "
Image Credit