the Rift

[PRIVATE] Tell me where I went wrong

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Change was not something that had been kind to the pale girl over the last number of years. Yet here she found herself staring down at a strange unfamiliar place that would now be called home. It had taken months, if not years to accustomize herself to the Edge's landscape before it finally became home. The dancing white mist of its forest's, the lumbering trees overhead, the rush of the ocean as it slammed into the earth below, it had all become part of her. Somehow she had managed to become comfortable in a world where nothing was certain or considered safe. Fear had paralyzed her on many occasions in her past but somehow the idea of going "home" had always helped to alleviate that constant stressor in her life. Now what was she supposed to do?

Everything around them had changed threatening to throw the harmonious balance she had created for herself out of whack. Mist no longer concealed her ghostly figure making her feel exposed and vulnerable to all the world had to throw at her. Darkness had fallen by the time restlessness had drawn her out into the open once more. Since arriving at the Fall's a few days prior to this she had found a quiet corner to tuck herself away with her thoughts. Aeolus had kept her company for the most part but his curiosity had drawn his attention to exploring their new homeland. Keeping to herself for the most part she spent her time observing passerby's with unease. There had been a few familiar faces here and there but along with the rest of the changes there were also new faces. She had been hopeful to see Kahlua or Alysanne cross her path as they could perhaps help settle her unease, but neither of them seemed to have made it back to the Falls. Could she live in a place where she knew very few of the inhabitants? She pined for the closeness of a friend to help her adjust to this new place yet no one showed their face.

Oh how she missed the familiarity of the trees and mist that had helped to soothe her on many prior occasions. This place was just full of mystery and surprises that she was less than willing to experience on her own accord. Everytime a goddamn pebble came tumbling down from above it nearly sent her outta her skin. What had made her decide that moving was the ideal option?

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Kaj] •• NOTES: Hope you don't mind me starting a new thread. ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

show me beautiful
i'll show you wonderful
as we share love

Since the invasion had quieted down into mere murmurs of discomfort, Kaj had made it his personal mission to seek out those loyal few who had followed him and Archibald to the Falls, to thank them and reestablish his bonds with all of them. They had sacrificed so much, simply because he had asked. He owed them so much, and he wanted to press upon them the importance of their actions, their decision to remain loyal and open-minded. To at least attempt to understand the reasoning behind the invasion that Kaj and Archibald had orchestrated and led together. Though he bid goodbye with a heavy heart those who turned in scorn of his actions, Kaj would not allow himself to dwell upon their leaving. Instead, he would approach those who had stayed, would seek the light in the darkness of the unsure first few moons.

Brisa's necklace still hung round his neck, ever precious. It was a beautiful bauble, and no matter that it had originated from the Edge, he saw it instead as originating from her. She had been the one kind enough to allow him to help her, had been open-minded about her promotion even as her self-confidence had wavered. Kaj did not know whether it was a slight in his own personality or not, but he seemed forever magnetized to mares who were broken and in need of soft touches and gentle words. He couldn't help but desire to shelter them all, teach them the beauty that he could see so plainly, and help them grow into strong individuals. His pride in Resplendence was unwavering, even on her bad days. Gazing down at where the bauble rested on his chest, Kaj mused on when Brisa had become part of the group that Kaj had forcefully drawn beneath his wing.

At least he knew who to seek out first.

So with the item bumping cheerily against his breast, the King - no, Czar - set out. It was a large landmass, but with his wings, the waterfalls were easily traversed. All he had to do was...blue eyes peered down from the abrupt ledge, a smile working its way across a pale golden maw. In the darkness, all he could really see was the faint outline of other land shapes, the downward foamy spiral of the water. Without a second thought he jumped from the precipice, wings snapping out to catch his frame and lift him back to appropriate altitudes. It was the speediest way to find Brisa, at least, and a way to calm his own inner turmoils.

Her gossamer hide evaded him for a few hours more. He worried for her, for Aeolus, for how she would adjust when she had already seemed so easily spooked within the familiar borders of the World's Edge. She was the first on his list for speaking to, and he combed each nook and cranny as he passed, hoping for even a glimpse of pale coat. He knew she had at least remained, and his heart was tender and aching with love and appreciation for the solidarity it must have taken for her to follow him to the Falls rather than stay where she was most comfortable. Or was it her desire to protect Aeolus that had driven her?

Before that train of thought could get appropriately out of hand (and quite possibly dangerous), a flash of ivory in the corner of his eye jolted him out of his stupor. Wings tilted, his right primaries dropping as he curved back towards the spot he'd glimpsed her snowy hide. Landing on a quiet glide, he approached the timid mare delicately, not wanting to further spook her. Her visage was cloaked in anxiety, and Kaj did not desire to amplify that with his presence - much less with a grand, brash entrance.

"How are you faring, Brisa?" he murmured as he came to stand beside her, pale blues attentive and face fully turned towards hers, dedicated to reading her emotions and helping her shoulder them.

@[Brisa]

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

The hours seemed to slip by painfully slow some day’s while it flew by on others. There was no real pattern or routine to her life nowadays unlike those that there had been before the move. The gracious promotion to a crafter had at first seemed like such a burden yet in a way it had helped her to cope in day to day life. It had given her a purpose, a goal and most of all something to do so that she could feel useful and worthy. With the moon magic no longer accessible to her things had gone back to being ordinary and bland despite the many ideas that seemed to develop within her brain. Her latest idea had taken some work to piece together but she had completed her sketches on what she thought it should look like. While worthless without crafting magic, it had occupied a few hours of her time while she sketched out her plan on one of the rock walls around her. Her first attempts had been using a stick in the dirt but after the rain washed it away she had upgraded herself to using a stone to scratch away at the rock's surface. While it likely looked like a bunch of scratches to others she could make out the sketch of her idea slowly taking form.

Having decided to take a break for awhile, the pale mare stood quietly warming her back to the sun when she felt the unease slip over her frame. It was that tingling feeling that starts at the base of your spine and works its way up until you know that someone is watching you. The feeling lasted only a brief moment before the shuffle of hooves against the ground drew her attention. Snapping her head around as her body twisted to follow the sharp movement her eyes fell upon a familiar face. A soft sound left her throat as relief swept over her assuring her frayed nerves that the onlooker was not a threat. Her eyes scathed over the pegasus’s frame only to rest upon the necklace worn around his neck. It had been her very first creation, and one that she was glad to see still existed instead of being tossed away. Kaj’s voice drew her attention back to the present as she forced herself to calm down and remember to breathe.

“I would say that I’m doing alright, if you would believe me.” She replied gently with a small smirk. No matter what the circumstance was there was very few occasions where she could lie and have someone believe it. Someone had told her once that it was because so much of her emotion was written across her face and within her eyes but she hadn’t really thought much about it. Telling lies was never something that she felt was alright to do so in a way she guessed it had become apparent in her features over the years. “How have you been since the last time we spoke?”

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Kaj] •• NOTES: ••

-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

show me beautiful
i'll show you wonderful
as we share love

Shafts of sunlight danced in a myriad of patterns on the forest floor, blades of october painted grasses and fallen leaves leaving a taste of coming winter on the back of his tongue. But the warmth was persistent to the end, and Kaj found himself reveling in the newly beautiful sight, the shuttering of the sun from his vision by the bare branches overhead, the weak heat on his own golden pelt as he moved beneath their once verdant boughs. She was a quiet, museful sight. Undeniably beautiful, gleaming silver and pewter in the sunlight. A sorrowful sort of pretty, with the somewhat lost, tense expression on her face.

Though he had attempted to move quietly, to give her space and ample warning of his impending presence, she was spooked nonetheless. Kaj dipped his head a little, a shameful sort of apology sheepish and conspicuous on his features. Though it was not truly his fault for having startled her, he also didn't want to draw too much attention to her current emotional state. It wasn't fair to point out her fear, make her feel guilty or uncomfortable for a reaction he was so very used to with Resplendence. All he hoped for was that someday she wouldn't have to do that, be so defensive and flighty. Resplendence had grown as well, and though he knew the change of herds had been difficult, he hesitantly sent up a prayer that she and Brisa could both find some sort of comfort and stability in the coming seasons.

"I wouldn't be entirely inclined, but I'll trust you," he said softly with a smile, azure eyes playful as they crinkled at the edges, hoping to inspire some sort of comfort in the mare before him. Her own question was quick in coming, and Kaj's smile wavered, returning strained and a little forced. "Would you believe me if I said it was complicated?" he half-quoted back to her, a subtle sort of misery clinging to his syllables. There was simply so much - too much - for him to be able to tell her without her growing sick of his fable. An epic, truly.

Touching his nose to the necklace he still wore, he smiled a bit more sincerely at the woman. "It's beautiful. I came here because I wanted to see how you were doing, but I also wanted to know if you would be my Mason once more?" it seemed scarily intimate, how he phrased the question. His. But Kaj did not allow himself to dwell on it, eyes searching out Brisa's pale gems for an answer there that he would surely find before her tongue ever formed the words. She was a glorious open book, and he appreciated that. "Promotions will be at the next meeting, but I wanted to make sure you accepted first," Kaj explained a little quietly, the first hints of doubt coloring his vocals. What if she said no?

@[Brisa]

Image Credit

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

If Love Were Food, I Would Have Starved On The Bones You Gave Me.” .

There was so much about this new place that would take getting used to, the landscape, the climate, the openness. If anything it was the vast amount of unknown territory that frightened her the most for anything could be lurking out there just waiting to strike. The Edge had its dangers but at least she knew about them.... was there ever going to be a day where she could relax and not worry about anything? The answer was likely a no with her history of over analyzing things and fretting about things that she had no control over. Thus was the story of her life...

"Would you believe me if I said it was complicated?" Wasn't everything complicated in the first place she thought with a smirk as Kaj's answer mirrored that of her own. In a way she envied the King for being able to cope with all the stress that must go along with the responsibility. No matter what the case was he was always so kind and caring barely ever showing his actual emotions. It was always amazing to see others able to cope with their life situations while she still struggled with her own daily. There had to be some trick that she was clearly missing out on. "Life is just complicated period. It's a wonder any of us actually survive it." She replied with a small amused laugh while silently wondering if there was more to the statement than she realized. "I know complicated a little too well most of the time. If you ever want to talk about it I am more than happy to be an open ear but only if you want to of course." She offered hoping that he might actually consider taking her up on the offer sometime. Anyone to talk to was an improvement from her usual of spending way too much time alone wishing that she had someone that could love her and make her feel as if she actually belonged. Wouldn't that be the day..

Kaj's next comments about her necklace she had created made her feel rather shy yet happy. If she had the ability to blush her face would likely be a bright shade of pink. No one ever spoke about her so on that rare occasion that they did she couldn't help be taken aback by it. All her life she had been so used to blending into the background and trying to disappear. In a sense she was the ghost that people knew of but never really cared enough about to give her a second thought. Standing out was not exactly in her repertoire or comfort zone for that matter. 

It took a minute for her to come back around and snap herself out of her social awkwardness to realize what he had actually been asking of her. Become the herd's mason? Hadn't she already practically failed that job? Could she manage to pull it off this time around? Chewing on the internal debate for a moment she chose her option hoping that it would be the right one. "I will be a Mason again if you wish." She commented with a hesitant smile. It would be another learning process to try and figure out what the hell kind of crafting magic this place held. Hopefully it was something that would not be too hard to pick up or else she was royally screwed yet again. Replaying the words in her head she kinda liked how Kaj had asked the question, to be his Mason. Yes it was stupid to get flustered over something so miniscule but she couldn't help it. At least she managed to keep the thoughts to herself but she could only imagine what it would be like to be "his". The thought of it was enough to get her hopes up but she quickly shut them down for she was dreaming if she thought anyone would ever want her. 

"Speech"

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

show me beautiful
i'll show you wonderful
as we share love

She was an amusing, honest sort. Kaj enjoyed being around her for a variety of reasons, but the fact that she could make him smile even when his soul felt heavy was definitely one of the prominent factors. The chuckle that she inspired slipped warm and thick past his lips, eyes flickering to dance across her features. "We constantly astound ourselves, I suppose," he laughed, though he too felt the deeper meanings that shook like ice inside his soul. He'd rather not think about that, though, focusing instead on the soft sound of her laughter, the joy he so rarely got to see on her face. Eyes softened at the gesture, as she told him that she was willing to be his confidante at any moment. So many would say it if only for propriety's sake, but Brisa was too candid a soul to not mean it seriously. It was touching, then, to know that she cared for his troubles and hoped to lift them somehow from his shoulders. "You will be the first I seek out," he assured, voice deep and soft, betraying how touched he was at the gesture. "Likewise I am always here for you, if you are in need of me. For anything," he clarified, muzzle extending in hopes of initiating contact, if she so desired to return it. 

His comment upon her necklace, if anything, seemed to make her shy. Kaj could not help but grin for how it affected her, as he took pride in the jewelry and never took it off. Though he attracted the young and the lost to his fold like a magnet, there were few he could truly call his friends. Brisa was firmly one of them, and he cherished the physical manifestation of their relationship beyond all else. Kaj did not like to ponder on his lack of friends, and so he instead focused on the joy he felt whenever the light would glint off the sides of the necklace and remind him of the day he'd encouraged her to figure out how to make it, and how she'd presented it to him so nervously. Kaj hoped that one day she would trust him when he said he cared for her, that he would not leave her as Note had. Woah there, Kaj. Suddenly he too felt flustered, and coughed softly to dispel the notion. She'd never want him anyways, not with how broken all the others had left him. He could not see anything he had left to give her that she would want.

"Thank you," he said instead, eyes alight with happiness that she would take up the mantle once more. "Perhaps I can help you figure it out once more?" This was said far more tentatively, because he was afraid that she would realize that he was asking to be in her company because he enjoyed it, enjoyed her. Probably more than he should. Not that she would need his help, she'd done marvelously on his verbal encouragement alone back in the World's Edge. For all her self-doubt, Brisa was talented, and Kaj trusted her to do her job well.

Image Credit

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

As the idea of becoming Mason once again started to sink in so did the fear that she would disappoint everyone and let them down. Experience had taught her to always expect the worst at least that way if it turned out better than you were at least a little surprised. She had completed a couple small items but the first one was by far her favourite. It had been so unexpected at the time considering it was her first item that she had managed to scrape together and create using the Goddesses power. "I am more than happy to." she commented with a genuine smile lighting up her face. The idea of keeping such a treasure had never crossed her mind for she felt that it was better to give it to someone that meant something to her rather than waste it on herself. Kaj had more than deserved that honor with everything he had done for her over the years as well as the words of kindness and encouragement. Without those she doubted that that pendant would ever have come to life before her eyes. Kaj had been one of the first stallion's that she had been able to trust after everything in her past had made her petrified of any contact with the opposite sex. A lot had changed since then but most things had been for the better especially where Kaj was concerned. Her heart felt lighter when he was around making it that much easier to get up each morning and not dread the day to come, a beacon of hope within the darkness.

Listening closely as he spoke she was half expecting him to turn down her offer to be someone to talk to because no one ever confided in her. She was the lonely outcast that just happened to reside within the herd being always the last one others would call upon. This she had accepted long ago as being the normal place for her at the bottom of the totem pole being the one that was looked upon but never really seen, the ghost of the Fall's. As the words left his mouth she couldn't help but smile with gratitude and happiness as the words lifted her heart higher. She was happy to be able to offer something that might be of some use for once with the benefit of it helping another soul. "I might just take you up on that more often." She commented brightly reaching out to accept such kindness eagerly but hopefully not too eagerly or else he might think of her as crazy or delusional or both. "You have already done so much for me, I really don't think I can ever repay you." Realizing she still had her nose stretched out to Kaj's she pulled it back shyly in embarrassment feeling flustered, happy yet yearning for more. Quite honestly she could spend the entire day just with Kaj and not be able to get enough. He is really going to think I'm bat shit crazy...damnit heart stop beating so fast I can barely hear myself think. 

Gradually she somehow managed to coax her heart back down to a more normal rate but still could not get the thoughts out of her head. No one wanted her, she wasn't worth anything why did she keep getting her hopes up only for it to hurt when they fell yet again? Still feeling slightly flustered she still couldn't manage to wipe the smile from her face she tried not to fidget which was only marginally successful but at least she managed to keep her feet still. As yet another offer of kindness passed over her she lifted her eyes to his holding them for a minute before her heart started pounding once more. "I would really like that." She replied softly her eyes shining with joy. From what she had heard stone was their material of choice here instead of the glass but what did you make out of stone? Thinking back to Kahlua's trinkets that she had made she picture the glowing rocks, ya she would never be that talented she would have to think of something much simplier. " What do you think I could make?" she asked trying to think of things herself while she awaited an answer.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @Kaj  
•• NOTES: Love her reactions to things XD