But our life's made up of choices
Some without appeal
They took for granted your soul
And it's ours now to steal

Go hunt.

Why?

I am going to spar with Ophelia.

You do not want me to hurt her.

You’re right. I do not want you to hurt her. She means too much, and your bite is too ferocious.

What about her dragon?

You do not need any more dragon’s blood on your paws, Loretta.

The bitch grunted at the stallion’s last comment, but she trailed away into the depths of the woods surrounding the Hidden Falls territory, her favorite hunting grounds. She had traversed them and fed herself within their confines since she was a pup, and still to this day she could find the plumpest of rabbits and the fullest nests of eggs in that forest. The threshold was close, so in her hunting she would also be able to scout for her bondmate of any wandering newcomers looking for a home to call their own.

Archibald snorted as she left, his body in a firm trot carrying him up the sloping path to the Heavenly Fields. He wondered if Ophelia would be waiting on him, or if he would wait for the white Lady. When Archibald accompanied Ktulu to Ophelia’s side, Ophelia had been waiting for them. In the time that Archibald had known her, she had always been quite punctual. It was in her more refined nature—or what she played off to be her nature—and it was one of the aspects of the Forsaken that Archibald appreciated. He, too, thought time mattered greatly. To respect someone’s time was to show them you respected them and Archibald believed he and the Forsaken to have great respect for each other.

As the giant crested the hill into the field, he let his gait fall back into a determined walk. Golden eyes scanned the arena he had chosen. It was flat, dry, and clear of any large obstacles. This spar with Ophelia was not driven out of malice or spite, but merely out of a need to practice. As long as the pair had known each other and had been involved in battle together, they never sought each other as opponents. Archibald believed that this needed to change, and it was why he had asked her to meet him here today. The sun fell behind the horizon, blanketing the world in the dim and musky light of dusk. The air was cool, though dry, and whispered the soon-coming promise of winter. Archibald let a breath out carefully as he stopped in his chosen battlefield, a white puff forming before his pale nostrils.

[WC: | PC: 0/3 | Heavenly Fields, dusk. Air is cool and dry, the land is flat and even with no large or notable obstacles. | @[Ophelia] -- I hope it was ok I wrote this as if it were planned! :3]

Image Credits | Table code by tamme

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

If only there was a way to reassure the two of them ahead of time that Tinek would not interfere. The dragon circled overhead, his moon dim as Ophelia ascended the narrow, rocky path to the apex of the fields above the cloud line. He was highly displeased considering that the last time Ophelia had fought here, she had been bitten by a snake and nearly dumped over the edge, and he made his feelings known by repeatedly jabbing her mind. Phi snorted, looking up at the sky. “Cut it out, Tinek,” she growled in her head, narrowing her gaze as his silver body twisted in the air.

“Archibald knows I am coming, and he would do no such thing,” she insisted, pleased to hear an accepting click in his dragon-speech. With a firm nod of her head she delicately jumped the last ridge of the path, her cloven hooves coming to settle onto the soft, lush ground. Besides, she thought to herself, she needed to face her fears in this location and gain better skills at fighting in a limited battle field.

Though generally punctual, she had been held up in the World’s Edge, the drama occurring there both irritating and confusing at once. Torleik had assumed a throne and dropped the ‘L’ word in a matter of minutes, and suddenly, her future was rocky and unknown once more. She sighed. Just when patterns were starting to fall into place in the Aurora Basin, one black stallion had to go muddling again, though to be entirely honest, she was pleased that he did. The memory of his rich, deep voice in her head telling her words she only hoped to hear made her giddy, a smile curling her lips despite herself.

Dual colored eyes scanned the horizon, easily settling on Archibald in the distance. He was a behemoth, not hard to miss among the green and clouds of the landscape he had chosen. Both needed practice, and she could use to learn from his experience. Ophelia was pleased that he had accepted her as sparring partner considering her lower status, and she hoped that she at least would provide an interesting fight and not a dull one.

Smiling, she approached with a lighter step. “Greetings Archibald,” she said in a friendly way. “I hope I have not kept you waiting long. The World’s Edge leadership council took longer than expected and the outcome was just as mysterious. Mauja was chosen by Kahlua, and Torleik won my defense challenge. Elsa, I hope, will serve as a general, but Cathun, son of Lace, and a few from the Dragon’s Throat seemed rather… she trailed, snorting. “Let’s just say Cathun was an arrogant and sore loser. Pity too. The boy was promising until he opened his mouth.” Ophelia hoped that he would appreciate the update given that he now ruled the Hidden falls.

The pale princess smirked then, shifting beneath her silver armor. “Ready or not…” she trailed, a rare but good-humored challenge moving past regal lips. Ophelia had lead Archibald and now saw him lead herds of his own, and thus, she was used to the way he moved. She assumed that her initial analysis would not have to be as thorough. He was much taller and stronger than she, but without a doubt, she was faster simply given the length of her legs and the slenderness of her bones. Ophelia would have to use this to her advantage if she hoped to emerge from this spar still able to walk.

With a little star bouncing on her brow, she trotted forward cautiously, cloven hooves rooting deeply into the ground with each step. Old fears made her heart beat fast, flashes of nearly falling to her death over the edge making her anxious. A deep breath settled her nerves to a low simmer, tentative steps growing slightly more confident. The light of the setting sun hovered to her left, and she dashed forward, lowering her neck and twisting her head. Ophelia aimed to scrape her teeth along his front, foreleg, and then, she lifted her neck slightly, diving in once more to try to bite just in his girth area. Cloven hooves gripped the dirt beneath her hooves, stopping her forward motion abruptly, and she took a few rapid, large steps backward to try to give herself distance from his towering form.

--------------------------------------------

(1/3) (731 words in word)
- Ophelia has the sun on her left
- She jumps forward and tries to bite his upper, left foreleg and then bite his girth area
- Then she backs up quickly

YYYEEAAAAAHHHH
totally cool that this was planned too - that works out

Art by: veradaine @ DA

@[Archibald]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
archibald & loretta
But our life's made up of choices
Some without appeal
They took for granted your soul
And it's ours now to steal

Golden eyes lifted, scanning over the field in the dimming light of dusk. Soon, however, a flash of silvery white in the distance signaled Ophelia’s approach. The titan spread his weight evenly and his muscles tensed, waiting for Ophelia to close the distance between them. After fighting with Ghost in the invasion, Archibald needed a simple spar to relax his body and exercise his muscles. The weight of his breastplate hung heavy on his chest, though no longer unusual and foreign. He had grown used to the metal, and calling it into action was easy enough. Today, however, Archibald told himself it would be of no use. He was in no immediate danger of Ophelia’s rage. The white queen would not attempt to take his life today. The behemoth almost chuckled at the thought of Ophelia attempting to end him, but instead he pushed the thought away and cleared his mind for the hum of battle.

Ink colored ears tipped forward as Ophelia strode forward and spoke of her duties during in the World’s Edge. Archibald had been focusing on keeping the Hidden Falls as a cohesive, new unit in the wake of the invasion while Ophelia and Kahlua lead the charge for finding new leadership of the land he had once ruled. A curious brow lifted as she spoke of the new leaders. Archibald only knew of one, Mauja, and his knowledge was but a whisper of a memory from a battlefield long ago. “I am sure Mauja will be pleased to hold the rank of King in a land he once loved, just as I am at the Hidden Falls.” Archibald nodded, making a note to himself to speak with Kaj about traveling to meet these new leaders. The Dauntless did not know much about Torleik other than he had been the General of the Aurora Basin during the invasion. The others she spoke of Archibald did not know at all, but the mention of Lace’s son intrigued him. If the boy was anything like his father, Archibald wondered if the determination to succeed would fuel him to seek revenge on not being chosen as leader.

Golden eyes, trained and experienced in battle, noticed as Ophelia shifted her weight back. Dark ears flicked down into Archibald’s thick mane as he also shifted his weight. The Czar’s thick neck arched and his shoulders rolled forward, back legs bending some. Just as the Forsaken surged forward, Archibald followed. The dark giant did not feign to the right to avoid her attacks. Instead, Archibald lowered his head some and turned his body slightly left, towards where Ophelia was aiming her attack. Archibald knew that, above all else, he needed to be wary of her horn. The remnants of a scar from Leyra’s horn still puckered the skin of his belly, and several other smaller ticks laced his dark form, all from the slices and punctures of unicorn horns. Jutting his left shoulder forward, Archibald attempted to slam Ophelia’s left cheek. A sharp pain tingled up his leg as the Forsaken, quick as a viper, swiped her maw down and bit Archibald’s knee as it rolled up towards her face. The man did not wince, did not show the pain he felt fizzle on his joint, and continued to push forward. Quickly, Archibald shot his own head forward. His intent was clear as he opened his mouth and aimed for Ophelia’s neck, on the left side closest to him. Archibald continued moving forward, trying to press his weight and presence into Ophelia’s space and perhaps knock her off balance or concentration. In the back of his mind, however, he reminded himself to be careful of her horn.

The white queen had other plans, however, and she quickly backed up. Archibald set his jaw, golden eyes narrowing some. Archibald continued to move forward, his tree-like legs pushing him forward with impressive power. He attempted to surge forward again, this time a small leap, and his feathered, steel-clad front hooves reached out in an attempt to scrape down the sides of her legs. Ophelia was slighter, thinner, and her long legs would surely carry her with grace and speed that far usurped the Dauntless, even in battle. In this battleground he had chosen, if Ophelia got the chance to, she could cover ground quite quickly and evade him. There were no obstacles to hinder them, but Archibald’s lower speed would keep him at bay. If Archibald wanted to keep the upper-hand on this mare, he needed to keep her close and dominate her in the area of strength and pure, brute force. While Archibald did not want to maim this girl, a mare he kept close to his heart, he would not hold any sort of mercy. Archibald expected the same from Ophelia.

[WC: 799 in Word| PC: 1/3 | Heavenly Fields, dusk. Air is cool and dry, the land is flat and even with no large or notable obstacles. | @[Ophelia] ]

Image Credits | Table code by tamme

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had not truly considered that Mauja would enjoy being the leader of the World’s Edge once more. She had remembered, of course, that he had lead before – long ago. She remembered that her father had invaded his land. But, his feelings on the matter? Those were completely lost into oblivion, and she frowned slightly. Had she truly become so desensitized that she did not consider the emotions of others? Had this world eradicated her sense of empathy, which brought her so much pain and lasting, deep affection? This single thought worked its way into her heart, casting shadows of doubt on her future and who she was, but she hid it well. With a smirk and a challenge, she initiated their battle, assessing his strengths and weakness, and then she attacked.

As always the dynamic nature of battles were wildly unpredictable, though she knew her father would argue otherwise. Though subversive and manipulative, Ophelia was not a warlord, not in the same ways of which her bloodline boasted. Being able to see every outcome of an attack was a gift she lacked, and thus as her white ivories gnashed against the skin of his lifted knee, she could not block every one of his counter moves – not when they were in such close proximity.

Turning her face was easy, avoiding any blow to her jaw and to her chin from his leg, and she dug the points of her cloven toes into the dirt to stop her forward motion. However, he was moving forward too, and a sharp bite, one she could not react to fast enough, landed on the left side of the arc of her neck. His teeth, thankfully, did not break skin, but the bite left a sting of a thousand splinters radiating into her shoulder. Not as trained in schooling her features – not in battle – she winced, jerking her long, slender legs backwards and away from her opponent.

The rising sun was on her left, boring into her light, blue eye, and she squinted, letting the cool breeze billow through her blood-tipped mane. Ophelia watched the muscles in Archibald’s body gather, his strength formidable, but his speed perhaps not as impressive. She knew that she should not let him get close, and as long as she minded the sheer cliffs, that was how she could avoid damage. The pale princess danced, flirting with the edge enough to make Tinek growl in her head. “Ophelia...” he warned, his silver body snaking through the air toward her side, prepared to barrel into her and shove her back on land if need be.

“Fine,” she muttered back, side-stepping Archibald’s jumping advance. The shiny, chrome hooves of his muscular legs narrowly missed her body, the wind they produced rushing around her deft limbs. Strange, dual colored eyes watched as the stallion moved, keen mind observing the precursors to his action – such as the bunching in his hips. Ophelia stayed quick on her hooves, dancing eagerly and lifting her tail to balance her angled hind-quarters. Never in one place for very long, she planned her next attack, having made a circle around the Heavenly Fields.

Sun at her back, she reached out with her magic, aiming to take hold of his mind. Though this was a spar, he was a warrior; he deserved to challenge himself against her best, and she deserved to learn from his strongest efforts. Only then would they grow. She knew he would understand, and thus she had no reservations about working her way into his inner most thoughts and erasing all memory of her position in this battle – that was her plan, anyway.

With magic still exuding from her soul, she approached carefully, trotting with hesitant steps as she tried to close the distance. Once she believed she was near enough, Ophelia lashed out with her front hooves, taking aim to batter his front, left shoulder, but she did not stay in the air for very long. With a turn on her haunches, she spun around, kicking out with her hind hooves on the off chance that he was still close behind.

[[[(671 words in word) (2/3)
Sorry for the wait ;-;]]]]

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Please have Archibald default. As per my absence I will not have time to post. Sorry Tamme!

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
Archibald defaults to Ophelia. Ophelia earns 0.5 VP.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode