the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND THREE]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
ROUND THREE
Qian v. World's Edge Herd

This round lasts for 72 hours, the late penalty for official challenges is suspended. Failure to post during this round will result in your character being "knocked out", and unable to finish the rest of the invasion.
There is no posting order. If you are attacking someone, be sure to BOLD AND CAPS their name so that they can easily see you are addressing them. Before you post, be sure to refresh the thread and check to assure there have been no posts added since you started writing. It would be wise to advise the cbox that you are in the process of writing your reply. You are not allowed to edit your posts for the sanctity of fairness - We will know if you edit your posts, and you will be penalized. If you need to edit your post, please contact an administrator to have it done for you.
Due to some confusion as to word counters, the Admins recommend Word Count Tool. Please use this to ensure you are under the 800 word limit.

If you have not posted in Round One and Round Two, you are not allowed to post in this round.

ULRIK HAS BEEN KNOCKED OUT BY MIRAGE.

Closes tonight, 9/26 at 8:45 PM Central Standard US Time

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The foolish bronze, ULRIK, did not move swiftly enough to escape her, though she spent only a moment of thought upon him, her initial impression had not been that he was weak - rather, she had aimed for him first to eliminate him sooner, and expected more of a fight. He had been the one to call out the insults earlier, to try and rile the Qian up, and yet he was the first to fall? A rough snort left her slitted nostrils then, as she tucked the thoughts away for later ponderings, allowing herself to focus on the here, and now. Her tail met a target, she did not hesitate to see where the mare LENA went afterwards, however, her attention stolen by the ashy stallion who cavorts around before her.

Sinewy mass followed CINEVIAM as he sidled up to her, then turned his head away, making the kick that he sent flying at her strike not her hind leg, but her barrel. A heavy grunt resounded from deep within her, the barrage of strong limbs striking her at the perfect distance to make them as powerful as possible rattled her ribs even through the thick hide of scales and draconic muscle. The dragon-mare stepped to the left, away from the grey form of CINEVIAM, the snarl of pain evident upon her face - but it was exaggerated. Let him believe he could slay a dragon! Mirage growled, loudly, flourishing her wings threateningly as well as snapping with her teeth - she did not aim to attack, only create a fuss and threaten. Swinging her tail in the dusty undergrowth of the forest, and thrashing her clawed limbs, she hoped to create a cloud of confusion and obscurity around her - before bowing her head down and focussing upon the magic that would give her back her equine form.

The pain was always what shook her the most. Akaith flew skywards again, giving up on her attempts to distract GISELLE and instead trilled a loud warning to any who might dare to come near the golden queen pair. It took a couple of moments, but the sheer intensity of the pain left the large, golden shapeshifter immobile for those moments, even with her bonded lending her own soul as a comforter to her aching innards. A cloud of shadows engulfed her physically, and when it settled the dark mare stood, breathing deeply, and quickly, sweat upon her hide, salmon pink flesh visible in the tear-drop curve of her nostrils. Her right side ached, though not nearly as much as it would have should CINEVIAM had managed to strike her in this form. Testing her limbs she flexed the locomotor muscles of each leg, bounding forward, golden sights still set upon the smoky CINEVIAM.

Bending to the left caused her right side to ache more, but bending to the right pinched those bruises CINEVIAM's attack left behind. The stallion was still to her right, and now she darted forward, placing herself more to his right instead of directly in front, extremely aware of the curved horn that stuck out atop his forehead. The sun was slowly but surely dropping beneath the canopy of the trees and even in this clearing they had so fortunately selected as their battleground, she would be harder to see than the grey CINEVIAM - she hoped. Well practised in the art of dancing, Mirage's step entered the athletic beat of a war dance. Her expression was vacant, save for the ear she kept locked upon CINEVIAM, and the way her golden eyes barely left him.

With a twisted step to bring her form perpendicular to him, and a strong leap forward her exposed teeth reached out to his plump, muscular rump, figuring that if her teeth did not grasp a hold of hide and sinew, her chest would ram against him. Though he was taller than she, and she no longer in the form of a dragon, the mare held sturdy draft lines in the strong make of her limbs, her strength was, perhaps, surprising for one who seemed to small and soft. There was a ferocity within this mare, not only in the form of her other body. As she pulled slightly away from him, she immediately struck out with her left foreleg in attempts to hurt the hindlegs that had hurt herself, and prevent them from doing so again. If luck was on her side, she would strike at just the right angle and perhaps bruise the cannon bone of his right hind leg - but she would take any painful infliction against him as a win at this stage.

[777 words.
Summary:
Mirage turns as CINEVIAM turns away from her, making his kick land on her barrel instead of her hip. She steps back from him, and kicks up dust and dirt to hide herself while she shifts. AKAITH flies back to the space immediately above her, does not attack, only threatens with growls as MIRAGE transform back to her equine form.
Once in equine form, MIRAGE is standing perpendicular to CINEVIAM, and dances forward before turning so that she is facing his barrel. She aims a bite to CINEVIAM's haunches, also using the momentum of her approach as an opportunity to try and knock him with her chest. When she regains her footing and steps back, she strikes out to his right hind leg with her left foreleg. ]
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

He didn't open his eyes again.

Mauja had been bred from generals and sergeants, raised ruthlessly in an army, fought horse and land alike. A thousand battles, a thousand wounds, a thousand scars - nights in the cold, blood-covered, shivering in the crimson, muddy snow. On fire with the pain, yet never had it flickered before his eyes. A flash of light, of orange, fire, across the darkness of his eyelids, the bemused, analytical query are the dragons breathing fire? echoing in the dark recesses of his mind.

Then the pain hit him.

It rushed hotly along his alabaster hide, sunk its fangs into thin skin and raged, whispered, crackled in his ears; Mauja's horned head jerked up, but his eyes remained shut, even as every nerve in his body screamed in agony and fear. It built in his throat, too, a shrill, wordless cry, deafening in its intensity, echoing out across the battlefield as the flaming horse crashed into the enemy line. Shock circulated his system, every fiber of his being on the edge of breaking along with his drying skin - it cracked and bled, fire eating deeper, and the relatively soft nip of AARON's teeth on his left flank triggered a reflex. Without breaking his stride the maddened King bucked, haunches arcing up and then slamming out fast in the shorter draft's direction.

But he didn't stop.
Couldn't stop.

Mind blanked out, there is only fire, there was little of sanity left in him.

A weight (LEANDER) slammed into his left side, dying, falling, and momentum couldn't see him through unscathed. In his maddened state he could not think, not understand, the only thing which remained was pure, raw instinct; his head snapped around to the left, jaws opened fully to latch onto his assailant. But then he was falling, hooves slipping and legs flailing; Mauja's right fore gave way and he was thrown onto his shoulder, and in confusion the burning horse actually opened his eyes where he was, lying on the mossy ground, but the world was cast into an orange glow which snapped in front of his face and he could feel its hot breath upon his body and his eyes melting and-. Another guttural shriek left him as he clawed frantically at the ground, somehow propelling himself upright again; white lids slammed shut across blue eyes, his horn nothing but bone-white now that the frost had melted, evaporated, into the air.

Burning-
He staggered sideways, sick with the intensity of the pain ravaging his body.
I can't-
He trembled, he shook, body scorched all over and his skin chapped and bleeding, torn and cracked.
- hold it-
His head arced through the air, higher, higher, but there was no escape from the flames seated in his very own flesh.
- together-
Why was he still standing? Why wasn't he dead?

Orange light still licked the edges of his world, lighting the darkness behind his eyelids. He still burned. The world still burned, and somewhere, a giant golden dragon slammed his bronze-marked friend into the ground.

[ 512 ]
( 20 seconds is quite long in these circumstances, hence why he's still on fire. It'll stop the next round. Mauja gets nipped by Aaron and bucks at him, then as Leander slams into him he tries to bite him (anywhere where he can reach). He gets smacked over on his right side before staggering up and just standing there, twitching. )
Mauja Frosthjärta
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Lucius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
As Lucius ran towards his target alongside his brother he thought for a second that they would reach the dunskin without interference. But he knew that to be a faint hope. Before his heavy form had closed the distance all hell broke loose…

It started with a skyrat. The painted form of a stallion with white wings dove in and kicked up a cloud of dirt before he went after Lloyd. Then the dust exploded and the young dunskin’s voice rang out as another dark shadow went after the bull’s little brother. Lucius drowned RICHOCHET’s voice in his own bellowing roar. "BROTHER! FIGHT!" he encouraged Lloyd as he for a second imagined the pain of later finding his twin dead on the battlefield. That could not happen, he would not allow it!

The pain and surprise of the exploding dust forced Lucius to close his eyes and so he missed to see the aid that Deimos the Demon gave Lloyd, he just kept going forwards blindly. Spots with a burning, pinching feeling were littered all over his face and forehand. He smelled smoke and burnt flesh, but he ignored it. Lucius then felt his head jerk to the leftt as his horn raked down the side of the Incendiary - at least something good had come from this otherwise failed attack!

He began to slow his pace as soon as he passed the younger equine so the kick directed towards him landed harder than if he’d kept running at the same speed. But the pain of hard hoof against his muscular thigh was still nothing compared with the feel of his flesh sizzling from the explosion. The bull opened his burning eyes and lowered his hindquarters into a stop. That saved him from getting his hind legs scraped by the perusing youngster, but he still got bit, dull teeth ripping off a couple of strands from his mane. Lucius swirled his big body to the left - he stepped around as fast as he could manage.

He wanted to fight RICOCHET face to face, but the dunskin had already veered off to the side and Lucius was forced to lurched forwards before he executed the attack he wanted. With some effort he angled his weight back and reared up. He kicked towards the younger stallion, best case scenario; he would crack the dunskin’s jaw with his knees or hooves. Then as soon as he’d reach his highest point he arched his neck, pressing his muzzle to his chest and fell forwards and downwards - immense weight and pointy horned aiming to crush the little vermin before him.

It was possible the dunskin had already moved, since he was much quicker than the Bull. But at least his attack had been flowing, leaving little time to react.

Lucius didn’t know how Lloyd was faring behind him, but he knew he had to trust his twin’s skills. Even if Lucius had been better at fighting when they were younger, Lloyd had grown up more intelligent and would probably find ways out of situations where Lucius himself would panic.

The sun’s bottom was touching the horizon now and light was fading away. If darkness came the Edger’s would have an slight advantage, due to their knowledge of the lands. But no one liked to fight in darkness so even Lucius who’s pelt would be camouflaged in the night hoped to get this over with before the sun fell to sleep.

578 words

Alan Posts: 28
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 10
Adoptable
There was no satisfaction from her rush, no impact from her charge; disappointment washed through her like a dark gray wave, sweeping away elation and replacing it with anger. There had been no soft body to collide with hers, no peach skin splitting open at the tip of her bony horn, just the breeze racing past her bay skin and the nearby warmth of the agile devil. They were nearly of a height, similar in build, so why hadn't she been blessed with his reflexes? Well, that was a lie - he seemed a bit rounder around the barrel than she. Stupid fast fat horses trying to take her home. Grumpy now, Alan's ears got lost in the mess of her black mane as she passed TORASIN - somewhere, far off to her right, her King screamed, but she didn't see what was going on. Too many bodies in the way.

The sharp pain of tiny claws against her brown rump erased all thoughts of the others; her skin split open, droplets of red flecking it and Kiba's claws, sharp stabs of pain into the center of chaos - her mind. Alan gave a sharp whinny before tossing her haunches up in the air, kicking out after the winged vermin. Fuck that. Snarling, the mare slammed on the brakes, practically sitting down on the moist grass. From behind her came the agile stallion, and cursing again, Alan tried to reverse what she'd been doing. She made it up on all four, with barely any forward momentum, yet his aim was true and she grunted when his hooves connected with her barrel on the left side. And, what the hell? A short mare came bursting from the left too, looking pissed - where they going to start hitting each other now? But no, Torasin swept past Alan, leaving her aching side bared. She'd be sore tomorrow - if she lived at all.

With a fair share of nonchalance the bay mare began to trot off to the right, KIARA's buck hitting her left haunch while her teeth only found air. "Bitch," she muttered harshly under her breath. Great, now that was over and done with; impact pain blossomed around the would-be bruises, but she knew it would dull in a minute or so (a minute too much). Her leg bore her weight but not without complaining every step of the way, but she paid it little heed as she flexed her muscles and tried to work up what speed she could as she swung back to the left. Alan didn't care that she was alone with these two idiots, because the small mare was, well, small, so she didn't count. At all. She was sort of rugged with a compact build, but she didn't even have a horn, so why worry? And that's why Alan completely ignored the red roan, and instead aimed for TORASIN again. Their resistance to her mighty charge had dulled her spirits, leaving her sort of sullen instead, with no mad fire sparkling in her amber eyes; arching her neck to bring her horn point lower, and at a better angle for its curve, she went towards the stallion's chest on his right side. Long black legs pushed across the ground, this time without slipping; shadows lengthened, her own spilling out across the familiar ground. These horses were interlopers, traitors, vermin and idiots. She had no mercy for them. Hoping that the small bitch wouldn't try to interfere again, Alan aimed to ram her horn into the curve of Torasin's chest, preferably between his ribs, and then rip her head up, seeking to open skin and flesh, a window to his beating heart.

[ 616 ]
( Kiba's claws nick her rump, Torasin hits her barrel on the left side, and Kiara her left haunch as she's trotting off a little to the right. She then spins back, trying to push the tip of her horn between Torasin's ribs on his right side and jerking her head up to split him open. )

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

For a moment everything seems to stop and I feel clarity. I escape the grip of the action as I take off from Descaro's side, watching as flaming feathers trail behind me from my wings. In the haze of the heat, I glimpse family. Strange to think I have that. My wings lift me up effortlessly, and I feel the strain on my tired hocks numb in instant relief as the pressure is taken off of my legs. I take to the air with a grace I am unaware I possess as Arbutus rises from the fray and begins swirling around my form; we watch the field below.

The stench of blood and the cries of pain are overwhelming.

I cannot look- for a moment I close my eyes and contemplate simply flying away. They don't need me here- surely I am too weak, too small, to contribute. And then there is the issue of not believing in the cause; without blind loyalty, can one even be a good warrior? It is Arbutus' cry that forces me to press my lids up against my cheeks and take in the sights once more. He is diving at a rapid speed, his claws outstretched and his body aflame as he aims for DESCARO once more. He seems relentless, intent on causing harm to the stallion. Does Arbutus know what Descaro is to me, how mercilessly he had killed? I had hoped to turn from the stallion, but with Arbutus so dangerously close, I cannot leave now.

As my phoenix flies beneath the neck and attempts to burn and bite, I fold my wings and let myself fall. My hooves reach out in earnest, my legs stretch, and I aim for DESCARO'S back and withers. The shallow cleft of their dark gray curve is dangerous- I have never considered that the force of my hooves could break flesh until now. My wings unfold and beat down to catch the stallion in their fire. I feel the heat of revenge burning in my belly; I feel a faint sense of satisfaction.

[[WC:347||PS: Tares runs from Descaro and takes to the air. Arbutus dives down to attack Descaro, swooping under his neck and hoping to burn Descaro and attempting to bite him. Tares dives down with her hooves outstretched to strike Descaro square in the back. Her wings beat down and she hopes to burn him as well.]]

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

A war with dragons it wasn't like being burned had not crossed Faelene's mind, but it had not been expected from this opponent. There had been no expectancy for the mare to stand and take anything, yet when her target moved forward Faelene found her horn marking against her left side into flesh. There is little of happiness in her. The sprouting wings from the black mare were nothing but flame. Lucky, though it was not entirely the best word for it, Faelene and Tares were moving in opposite directions. As Faelene's horn scratched across the flank, the singe of hair would enter her nostrils, and the heat, the pain, would arch across her withers and back. What a blazing pain it was, it ate part of her winter coat, and bits of skin and flesh beneath. A cry flees from her lips, and she would grind her teeth. It's hard to know what is still ablaze and what is not.

Faelene forces herself to continue forward to get away from whatever the hell it is. The stretch of her burn skin is anything but pleasant. She would hear Descaco yell, thinking of heading to him. It is in her fleeting flight there is something else that pushes into her skin, inside the muscles of her shoulder. Continuing to move the weapon snakes in, and along her shoulder's length. Instantly to this pain she jerks, aiming a kick in ÁZZUEN's direction. Sharp and quick. The pain would hiss in her wounds, blisters oozing upon her charred hide. Her shoulder felt like crumbling, and quickly as her haunches rise they fall back down.

It is everything in her to fight since she can not escape. Then there is a great weight crashing against rear. Front hooves dig for earth, it is nothing but wetness beneath her. Haunches are the first to crash down, upon her left side, along with unwounded shoulder. Her neck she keeps from falling, and her front limb remains holding to the ground. The spear pricks the right side of her nape, but does not go deeper with it's second hit. A great weight on her front right knee, it did not feel great to meet the ground this way. Lashing her ruby tail in irritation, her only defense, she puts all efforts to roll back onto her hooves, despite how much her body rather lie down. His wings beat the air, but it does nothing except cool the burn of her flesh. A driving need, a crave to return the hurt she regains her stand. It is only by the fact two of her fellow Edgers came to her rescue she faces her attacker.

Faelene wastes no time. It is to ÁZZUEN she lunges after, even if he is a bloody coward who will use his wings to fly away. A narrowed glance, she pushes against all the screams of her body, the blood which oozes down withers, and shoulder, dripping to adorn the ground. Holding onto her contempt, and hatred for the very thing he was she picks up what speed she can with her wounds, and with a lowered head at the last seconds she jerks it up, shoving her horn to greet any part of him it can reach. If he should rear, attempt to fly she will thrust her front hooves from the ground, rearing up to commit to causing him pain. She will use her height against him, stretch her hooves to mark his body if needed.

Word count:590

Summary
Faelene's horn scratches Tares left flank. With momentum Faelene is still running forward. She feels the burn of Tares wings, and then is hit with the spear that goes in and along her shoulder. To this she kicks out at Azzuen. Azzuen crashes on her right haunches, tipping her to her left, where she falls down, all but on her right front leg. Lena/Aurelli help she is able to avoid being hit with the spear so severely, so she stands. Quickly as she can she charges toward Azzuen with lowered head, thrusting it upward to, with intent to rear to reach him if need be and kick him with her front hooves.

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Ultimate horror often paralyses
memory in a merciful way
- H.P. Lovecraft

I rolled my eyes as the bulky idiot I was forced to call brother retorted with words that meant very little to me. Did he really think that dragging up the past would change anything? It only angered me further, made me more determined to give him pain. He would be sorry when this was over - that he chose to go against me, for being weak... and sorry for underestimating me.

As expected, the flamboyant attack launched at Paladin was avoided by an elegant step aside. Prepared for it, I easily broke the charge and regained balance by shifting weight to the hindlegs. Laughing viciously upon noticing that my sisters attack managed to reach him, for a moment I allowed myself to feel smug. Sometimes the simple strategies were most effective, something my idiot brother should be able to feel perfectly well now, with blood trickling down over that black coat.

I almost couldn't believe my eyes when he spun around to deal with Psyche, leaving his entire back open for me to attack. Not hesitating to take advantage of such folly, I angled my horn once again to drive it deep into the flank of the stallion. My intent was thwarted however as a golden figure suddenly darted before me, baring teeth and flailing a barbed tail in such a manner that my view was blocked. With ears slicked against the neck I snapped after the dragon, not fearing it any more than I feared the clouds. It wasn't even attacking, just blocking my path in an infuriating way that ate up my opportunity to strike.

Hard pressed to call it luck, it seemed that Paladin had been distracted by something as well, because he didn't try anything while I was busy with the dragon. By the time my vision ceased to be obscured by the oversized lizard, the traitor had finished his business in other places and returned the attention to me. I curved my lips in a smirk as he lowered the head to charge at me, the spear aimed to pierce my side.

"Don't mistake cowardice and tactics, stupid" I snapped back and straightened my body up, turning so that I would face him head on. I lowered the white spear as if intending to settle it all in one blow. But when Paladin came close enough I twisted the head in a snaking motion while taking a step forward, bracing my neck and back for impact as I twisted my horn around and in beneath his own, intending to lock it with my own. The tip of mine would press against the hollow socket on the side of his head, just above the eye - and his would press against mine on the other side, allowing neither to move away.

Warned by the gleam in my idiot brothers eyes, I reached for the power that lay hidden within my mind. The markings on my body changed color, pulsating in chilly blue hues as I wrapped myself within the chill of frost, directing it not at Paladin but at myself. I went into my own body, felt the heat of the blood that pulsated through - and froze it, forcing it to become just as cold as it had been hot. It was painful, unpleasant. I could feel my limbs stiffening and the temporary immobility as every vein in my body became clogged with solid ice.

And just in time, too. I couldn't help but gasp for breath as magic scorched my insides, instantly re-heating my frozen blood. It seared through each vein, made my heart falter and caused every cell to scream in agony. It could have been worse though. Paladins magic still heated the blood uncomfortably, but I had managed to lower the temperature enough. I felt feverish, aching and pained as each and every muscle protested against the slightest of moments.

Pain was something I was used to. I had lived with it from the moment I was born, and to remain sane I had learned to embrace it. As my body screamed in agony my mind shivered from excitement and an urge to repay the hated stallion for what he had done to me. Tenfold he would pay, and that would still not be enough.

The muscles at my neck swelled as I forced myself to move, hooves digging into the ground and pushing myself - and hopefully Paladin as well - up into the air. I flailed my hooves at him, eager to pound the tender pink of the newly healed skin on his shoulder. Could I break through it, perhaps? I wanted to, longed to rip the skin with my teeth and feel the metallic taste of blood on my tongue.

[Word count: 792 Magic use: 1/2

Was distracted by Akaith and snapped at her. Turned to meet Paladin head on, attempting to lock their horns. Froze her own blood to counter his blood boil, still feeling the effects. Tried to force both of them into a rear and kicked at Paladins shoulder.]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

Triumph, glory filled the moment that he slammed into the Ice King. He had noticed a split second before impact that the Edge leader was on fire, or so it seemed. Somehow, the flames would leave him unscathed. He didn't pull out of the dive; too ready to hit the brute to change course. He nearly tumbled over as the monarch fell, and a flash of pain grabbed hold of the side of his massive shoulder. The sharp tearing of his flesh stabbed his skin. If the Unicorn tyrant's teeth were on him, the horn wasn't far behind. Deep, bellowing chords left his throat, in due pain, but more so in a rage that had been building since Faelene's saddened words first found his heart. His anger needed somewhere to go, and it had found it. The palomino spun around, throwing his hindquarters up slightly and thrusting his hooves at MAUJA. The weight of his back legs was immense, with the heaviness of his draft lineage present, and would pose a hard blow to the king if they made contact. If the ivory Unicorn managed to throw his horn at Leander now, at least it would stab his haunches and not his more vital parts. Bronzed ears nearly missed Faelene's painful cry in the fray. But only nearly.

Another sound tore from him, this time a strange, primal, bellowing scream. Leaving the Ice King in fate's hands for the time being, Leander lept off of the ground again, making his way towards the garnet locked mare. I promised her. The words rushed through his mind, a promise that needed to be kept. He would not hurt her, battle be damned. His own dark general and another shadowy mare were getting the best of Faelene, so it looked. The scent of burning flesh seared the air near them. His heart could only drop as the mare he wanted so much to protect fell to the ground, bloodied and scorched. The idea of turning on his allies passed through his mind. A bad idea, and he knew it.

Leander's golden form met the slick earth at a run, blood staining the blond of his chest. He barreled forward, aiming to get between Faelene and Azzuen. With any luck, her charge would hit him and not the General. He couldn't convince his fellow warriors not to hurt her, but if he at least seemed to take her on himself, maybe they would move on. FAELENE's silvery dagger pointed from her brow, set to cut. If he could get between them, maybe she would be able to stop in time. As if things normally turned out so well at times like these. The pinked scar on his hip would likely get some company today.

[Word Count: 468]
[Mauja's bite connects with Leander's left shoulder, near the base of his neck. Leander spins and bucks at Mauja. He hears Faelene's cry and goes back into the air, spots her, then returns to the ground and aims to run in front of Faelene, hoping for her charge to hit him instead of Azzuen.]

Lloyd Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Lloyd thought that Ricochet would be an easy target, he almost was. The brothers were nearly upon their victim, like predator on prey, when Lloyd heard the powerful beat of wings behind him. He tried frantically to search the skies around him yet to no avail, and as dirt rose up around him, obscuring his vision completely , the bull knew that he was about to become the prey, and to a filthy winged beast, too. Lloyd felt a hoof hit him hard on his rump, not enough to seriously injure him, but it would certainly be sore in the coming days. He threw up his heavy head, trying to catch a glimpse of the attacker, and saw was the descending hindquarters of the disgusting sky rat, MIDAS.

Without warning, the dust that had been disturbed by the Pegasus exploded. Bit by bit the air around him momentarily turned to fire. RICHOCHET’s magic, of course! Through the chaos, he heard his brother calling to him, giving him support. That was what helped Lloyd go on. The smell of smoke was thick and bitter in his nostrils as he finally escaped the dust cloud, the flesh on his head and chest singed and prickling from the burns. He coughed and spluttered as he tried to expel the choking smoke from his lungs and as he opened his stinging eyes he was greeted with another attacker.

From what he could make out it was MADYRN, he was large but still smaller than Lloyd, and an equine. The bull snorted, to many this would seem quite daunting, but to Lloyd, a pathetic excuse for an opponent. As he charged, he noticed the ever helpful Deimos coming in from the right side to aid him. Quickly, he turned slightly left, making sure he was well out of the way of his fellow Conscript’s sharp weapon, and as he passed MADYRN unharmed, tried to ram his horns into the equines hindquarters.

Next to find his twin. Jade orbs scanned around the battlefield, he saw many of his herd members, each and every one of them fighting valiantly. Amongst was LUCIUS and RICOCHET. Lloyd sprinted towards them and saw that RICOCHET was turned away from him, off guard! What a perfect opportunity. As he reached the back of the dun he watched as his brother attack before he struck. The obsidian stallion half reared and pushed himself towards the target’s rear leg, hopefully doing some damage to the hock as he landed. Lloyd then span around and kicked out with both legs, his intention being for them to come into contact RICOCHET’s stomach. Panting, he took another stride or so away then turned to see what damage he had managed to do.

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

Instead of feeling the malicious joy of hurting a stallion, pain filled the mare and made her scream.
What happened? Hadn't her horn met it's target?
She turned away from the one who had caused the pain, and glanced back. PALADIN.
The blue orbs were filled with hate against the stallion who she had met at the Meadow, and snorted loudly. What the hell was he doing here, attacking her?!
The mare noticed that the horn in the black stallions forehead was pointed to her head, which wasn't quite as amusing as you may think. Dell screamed, mostly because of the pain and anger that boiled inside her, and looked at PALADIN. She was maybe 23 inches away from him, but it was safe enough distance from his crimson-tipped horn.

The Friesian stared at him, hearing his words ringing in her head.
"You fight for the wrong side, Delinne!"
She laughed and tried to make eye-contact with the murderous stallion. Her eyes that once had been as blue as the sky, was now as dark as her pupils. Hate. Pain. Murder....
"I fight for what I love, you ignorant swine!"
Her throat soared when she screamed as loud as she could at him. Who was he to say that the Edge wasn't the right choice?!
An unpleasant feeling appeared in her body, mixed with the hate, and she suddenly searched for Mauja.
Shocked, she stood there with a bleeding wound on her side and stared at her King. He laid on the ground.

But she saw him standing up again, even if he didn't look quite steady. 'Good,' Dell thought and turned her glance to PALADIN again. He was being attacked by a mare that looked a lot like him. She tilted her head in confusion. Were they siblings?
They had to be.
Suddenly she remembered the pain, and she turned her glance to inspect it. The open wound stretched from her shoulder to the end of her rib-cage, and the red fluid flowed down the black coat that covered her rather big body.
'That's going to be a scar,' She stared at PALADIN with hate. Delinne sighed irritated.
'Go to hell, Paladin. I really hope you go there when you die - hopefully today.'

The horned mare stared at the two mares that were attacked by and throwing attacks the others in the "group". One was a grullo covered in primitive, blue markings with a blue horn and crimson-colored mane and tail, and one was pure black except for a stripe that seemed to split her face and a red horn.
Delinne sprinted against NED once again, since PALADIN was busy with the grullo. She was closer this time, so she hoped that her horn would impale the stallions white coat this time.
The hate had filled her to the limit, leaving no room for pain anymore. The blood had dried by now anyways.

She laughed, not exactly of joy, and smiled malicious. This time she would get him.
The mare whispered to herself, just as she prepared to impale NED;
"I kind of feel like a monster... And I gotta say, I love it."

Word count: 526
OCC: -
Attack: Paladin's attack succeed and Dell's side got ripped into a wound stretching from shoulder to end of the rib-cage. Attacking Ned again since Paladin probably would be busy with Giselle as she attacked him.

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
The painted stud just barely escaped what would have been a hot bite across his flanks, wings thrust body back into the air with a sense of success. A great cloud of black appeared below him. It seemed that RICOCHET had skillfully used the dust stirred by attack to further daunt the enemy with fire. Adrenaline was keeping any sign of weary from his bones and strengthening his heart, mind noted the last fading fingers of sunlight would offer aid to him this evening. In the cover of darkness his kin would be as a shadow, striking from above and retreating back into the night. But not yet. Frame angled with wings bent until the left primary feathers were parallel to earth, he twisted in a tight circle with orbs searching for his target.

MADYRN entered the spree and tried luck with LLOYD, but to no avail. Breath heaving from straining chest, wings tucked back against his sides and skull took aim at the ebony colored beast that lay below. He dived. Slashing forelimbs tensed and tucked close to belly, LLOYD had just finished striking out at RICOCHET. Speeding down with neck stretched out, muscular tendons trembled as the effort to maintain a streamline body doubled, jaws opened to reveal flattened ivory.

At the last possible second Midas pulled wings out and he leveled up with a landing target directly underneath, all twelve hundred pounds of force was likely to fall upon LLOYD . He had braced for this movement because forcefully striking with such force was bound to hurt him a little as well. Muzzle twisted down with teeth bared to slash flesh open along softened left portion of LLOYD’s neck. All the while, white wings thrust together, each appendage a weighted baseball bat of pain; he kept them beating with hopes of colliding with a skull or limb in relieving the bull horse of sense or movement. All this happened in a matter of seconds, twisting up Midas straightened mid-air and rose to the sky again.

Words: 338

Defense: Tensed and leveled when striking down. Attempts to retreat to sky when attack is complete.

Attack: Dive-bombed LLOYD,attempted to throw him off balance or at the very best knock the beast backwards or off his feet. Teeth are spread and attempting to slash flesh open along the left side of his neck. (This is more of an annoyance move.) Wings are beating together, and if Midas is still slightly uptop and hovering, each beat would have a chance at striking any part of LLOYD.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS AGAIN</style>

Paladin felt the familiar tug on the bone of his brow as his horn scraped along DELINNE’S side, and he watched the battle with an unfamiliar feeling in his gut. He had met this mare just before this invasion, and she had been kind. What was the purpose? What equality was he fighting for? This new thought shattered his previous perceptions of war. When he fought with his father, he fought against those who he thought was the enemy, and this was proving to be just the same. The black dun stallion felt sick to his stomach, but he listened, regardless. She held so much hate in her voice, and how could he blame her? She was being forced from her own land; fight or live forever as an outcast, stripped of the powers of being in a herd. He would fight viciously too.

The black dun could have attacked her while she watched her fallen king return to his hooves once more, but he did not. She deserved a chance to mourn for her injured. His moment of sympathy was short lived as his SISTER captured his attention. She was nothing but hatred, arrogance and darkness, and he pitied what she had become. Still, GISELLE was not kind like Delinne; she was vicious. The stab wound that now ached on his hip proved that GISELLE was cunning and conniving. And she outmaneuvered his initial attack, craning her smaller figure out of his reach.

Paladin found his white horn tangled with his own, the point of hers resting just above his eye socket. Acting on instinct, Paladin lifted his body off the ground, balancing on his hind legs as he used his superior height to lift his neck out of her way. He backed a few steps on his hindlegs, grateful for the fact that his haunches had healed well from the shades, and then he crashed back down, using his blood boiling magic to distract her from using his defensive move to her advantage. She suffered, but she did not scream; she was far too intelligent for that, and she was blessed with a magic that counteracted his own in such a maddening way.

“Smart,” he complimented as he prepared for her next move, watching the muscles in her neck stand out. GISELLE’S hooves flew up at him, and he resisted the urge to rise to his hooves to meet her. Instead, he ducked beneath her front legs as they were up in the air and aimed to pierce his horn through her tender, exposed belly. Paladin knew that he left his back and neck open for attack, but if he managed to land this blow, none of that would matter. At any rate, her lethal horn would be useless from up in the air, or so he figured.

A flash of black and white made him start, and he turned his face for the briefest of moments as his crimson eyes spied DELINNE running for NED again. Damn her! Paladin spun on his haunches away from GISELLE, and in that same moment, he kicked out, flashing his hind legs toward his sister before taking off at a swift gallop after DELINNE. This kick was poorly aimed and wrought with distraction; its only purpose was to give him enough time to escape their tete-a-tete. “Leave him be, DELINNE! Paladin barked, catching up to the white and black mare and snapping his ivory jaws at her neck as she ran. Whether or not she still managed to leave a blow upon NED remained to be seen.

[OOC: (596 words)
Giselle: escaped his initial attack --> reared up high to avoid his eye being stabbed --> backed away to protect his belly and used blood boil --> Giselle used her magic to counteract his own --> did not rear with her, instead, he ducked under her hooves and tries to impale her stomach --> goes to help ned and kicks out on his way

Delinne: tries to bite her as she runs to Ned ]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
You can sleep with a gun but
When you gonna wake up and fight?

Dust. It was everywhere. Despite the rocky terra that was the World's Edge, a battle such as this managed to kick up quite the cloud of dirt. Even still, the shadow-mare charged forward, amber orbs glowing in the dying sun. She was so close, so very close to her brother, her horn aiming directly for him. A sudden noise overheard caught her attention, and just in time; a dodge to the right allowed her to avoid what surely would have been a deadly strike, but it set her off balance. A sudden swerve brought her somewhat back into line, but even as she felt her horn scrape along Paladin's flank, there was a sharp pain in her nape.

Psyche screamed her fury as a chunk of hair and flesh was carried off by one of the skyrats. Blood quickly bubbled to the surface, whisked away by the wind blowing past her still-quickly moving body. But Kri was gone, off into the air once more. A snarl ripped through the ebony fae's teeth, and such was her distraction and anger towards Kri that she did not see Ned's approach until the last moment; his horn was leveled at her side in an attack that she herself had just attempted to utilize. She shrieked in surprise, attempting vainly to leap to the side. Though she avoided being impaled, she did not avoid total injury; she had swung to face NED, she did not do so quickly enough. His horn scraped down her side and over her haunch, creating a deep, profusely-bleeding cut.

The shadow-mare turned again as he galloped by her, and then charged after him, anger flashing in her eyes. Forgotten was her lust for Paladin's blood; now her desire for vengeance on these idiotic creatures was centered on NED. She wasn't sure if he would continue on to elsewhere in the fray, but she was hoping that he would turn to come after her again. Bring it on, she thought, the warmth of her bleeding nape and side lending her strength, adrenaline. It stung, sure, but she had been trained for work through this. He would have to do better than that to down her. Her head again lowered, horn pointing for NED. If he turned, her charge should turn into a thrust into his neck; if not, she would use her force to slam into him when he slowed again.

[W/C | 405
Psyche dodges Kri's hooves but has a chunk of flesh and mane ripped out toward the base of her neck. Ned's attack left her with a gash from her shoulder to haunch on her left side, and in fury she charged after him. If he turns to face her, she levels her horn at his neck; if he goes for a new target, she intends to follow him and use the force of her run to crash into him, hoping to throw him to the ground.]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

The hair clings in my mouth and I spit it out with a disgusted gag. I felt the rush of victory, though, as my bite lands swiftly on the bitch even as my hooves miss her frame, distracting her attention long enough to make her fatal blow become more of little consequence. While Paladin was not my friend, here he was my family. As I told my warriors to handle those here, I would guard him well. Still, the murky grime of brutality sinks in as I loosen the last of the wirey hair from my mouth, spitting out blood strands unto the earth. Blue eyes keep sight of the trees fast approaching as I zoom forward on sure wings, quickly altering my path in a graceful arch to sweep me back around and rising slightly in altitude, out of the reach of hungry mouths much like my own had been moments before.

Strong wingbeats hold me upright, eyes looking out and surveying the terrain, the chaos that was the battlefield below. A small unicorn had come to the aid of Paladin, but more unicorns swarmed forth in the area to attack the leader like flies to a carcass. My eyes narrow in frustration as I pinpoint a dark body of the group, feeling the wind tug at my blonde main as my blue eyes concentrate below me. GISELLE, so intent on destroying Paladin, would likely not notice my body hovering away from their skirmish. Even if she could, I was not a logical target at the moment for one bound to the ground.

Not yet.

The air around the mare begins to feel heavy, a sinking weight which crushes down, an invisible fist clenching around their bodies and squeezing them tightly. My mind tugs at the air, focus intent on just encasing her alone, the unicorn who would seek to injure that who I planned to keep safe. Her movements would not be so easy, her bodies being torn down by gravity, increasing tenfold, becoming painful just to stand under. Never underestimate the power of that which you cannot see.

Without warning, I release the air and dive forward, straight like an arrow as I fall into the crowd of chaos and blood, letting a cry peel through my lips even as my legs point straight like daggers for the back of GISELLE. Let my frustration break against her like a wave, violent and brutal in intent. Let me protect my family here, let not one be lost. Let us all see the end of this battle.

[ WC: 428; Magic 1/2;
Kri spits out Psyche's main and loops back around, using her air crushing magic to keep her from attacking Paladin as he runs to Ned's aid on Giselle before diving forward, aiming her hooves at Giselle's back. ]

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
The initial, spear-slicing and body-thumping attacks were triumphantly successful, FAELENE's dark bulk was down, almost completely to the ground. The stallion would have taken further advantage of it if he could have, but she was strong, and rose up again beneath his stance, deflecting much of the course of the sharp, silvery point.

The stallion was not expecting the onslaught of attackers that followed his own actions, as he tried to cut open FAELENE using his height and spear, he felt a stern, club-like battering against his left hock (AURELIUS' attack), grunting against the impact as it threatened to cause the entire joint to fail. He lifted his left leg, finding no relief from the pain, and refusing to numb it himself - he would need his magic, soon. The timing was such that the accuracy of his attack against FAELENE altered to be far less effective, and for this he found himself grinding his teeth into the woody end of the shaft of his spear in simultaneous pain and frustration.

The massive expanse of wings continued to beat, faster now, with more purpose, lifting his charred, sinewy mass from the ground. Was it cowardice to use the tool's one was gifted with from birth in a battle? Azzuen using his wings was only as cowardice as the unicorns employing the horn that sat upon their head, there was no shame for him to see them grow smaller and smaller still beneath him.

It is as he rises that LENA's slicing horn aims for his right haunch, but his haunch is approximately 2 and a half feet higher than her original aim, leaving his flailing limbs dangling at her eye level. And they do thrash about as he rises, forelegs and hindlegs alike, save for the left hind that remains tucked up beneath his barrel, cradled by the strong flexion of his rump muscle to stay in place. If Azzuen had any luck, for it would only be luck in this case, his right hind hoof may connect with LENA's brow. With a rushed glance over his shoulder, he sees the arrival of a dark mare with moonlight draped across her rump (RISHIMA), and smells the feline~avian scent that spoke of griffon, and was grateful to have them on his team.

As more space grows between he and the ground, FAELENE charges herself nearer again, but her path is intercepted by LEANDER, whom Azzuen knew to be one of his own soldiers. The General was simply thankful to his fellow Soldier for taking the hit, and had faith that the caramel licked steed could handle the dark mare. It left him with only AURELIUS and LENA to deal with, however RISHIMA and her companion were aiding him there too. Wings continued beating, and he was hovering above the chaos, out of reach for even the tallest beast to strike him, using his keen gaze to track the movements of the short little goat-thing that had caused his entire left hindleg to be utterly useless.

Magic consumed him, hummed within him, electricity sparked to life and suddenly, his eyes whirled from a dangerous crimson red to a vibrant, terrifying yellow, the hue of lightning. No lightning struck the ground, however, for it was not weather patterns he controlled, but the internal polarity of each biological creature within his vicinity. With a grin curving around the spear that was still in his mouth, he turned in the air to hover over the short ram creature, AURELIUS, and focussed upon affecting the senses of the furry steed. He chuckled, and within a breath of time, he stole the sight of the goat.

With AURELIUS blind to his approach, he immediately dove down, forelegs stretched out, aiming for the small of the goat's back. Whether he lands upon the steed or the ground, as soon as his hooves connect with something he flares his wings out, and climbs to the air again, slower, as he is only able to use his right hind leg to push off now.

[675 words.
Summary:
Azzuen takes AURELIUS' attack as a direct hit to his hock, rendering that hindleg useless. He beats his wings faster and rises slowly, making LENA's attack miss him. He flails his legs as he rises, hoping to hit LENA but knowing that was unlikely due to RISHIMA potentially shifting LENA's position. Watches as LEANDER takes FAELENE on himself, and continues rising so that he is now hovering over the group.
He moves directly over AURELEIUS then, and uses his magic to take AURELIUS' sight away. The effects last half a post. While AURELIUS is blind, he dives from his hovering position straight down onto him, hoping to land on his back and knock him into the ground, before slowly taking off again. ]

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit
Maskan knows not if the dull steed RICCIARDO is still conscious, he does not linger to find out after his attacks are attempted. The stallion named for the flame instead dances like a shadow away from the flaxen brute, eyes set upon the skirmish unfolding between TORASIN, KIARA and ALAN. He notes the two equines as members of the Qian, and with a sense of familial protectiveness, he surges his muscular bulk towards them, digesting the situation as he approached. As the bay mare ALAN presses herself forward to Torasin, he throws himself at her right side, hoping that in her concentration she finds herself unexpectedly knocked over. Should he find himself successful in tipping her over, he would not hesitate to pommel her with the broad hooves that hung from his charcoal front legs. Should she still be standing, his teeth would flash from between black and pink lips, biting viciously at her neck and shoulder, fulfilling the predatory appearance his orange eyes already portrayed.

Madyrn was surprised that a beast as fat as LLOYD could dodge him so easily, especially given the circumstances. Dust had been thrown up with the arrival of MIDAS, dust that if one watched closely enough, turned charcoal-black in hue, and then that dust turned to sound - loud, exploding sound. Sparks replaced the dust, and then smoke replaced the sparks. Madyrn coughed, but remained true on his path, genuinely surprised and furious that the heavy, larger warrior with horns an everyday cow would wear apparently held agility greater than his own. He supposed it was the inaccuracy that the smoke and dust caused which drove his path off its initial target, however even though his eyes watered and his lungs screamed, he had been so sure LLOYD was in an escapable position, at least for his shoulder to ram into the steed's, or his bite to land, or his hindlegs to connect with something. Three attempts he had made, and all three had been missed. He cursed the Incendiary then, for his dust-stirring ways had evidently, affected Madyrn's accuracy, but somehow allowed the great hulk LLOYD higher agility. Eyes of a predator watched as the horned brothers continued their chase after Ricochet, leaving Madyrn to stand amidst the slowly settling smoke, completely unaware that he was about to be completely distracted by the arrival of DIEMOS.

A hunger, an emptiness, a hollow itch overwhelmed Madyrn. The stallion, named for shadows and yet ruled by fire, visibly seemed to dim, the alertness about him stolen by another, by this, DIEMOS. Orange eyes swivelled in their sockets to view their next opponent as he approaches, for Madyrn can feel him approach, this emptiness within him was not caused by any normal biological function. It was magical, and Madyrn was wise to hold wariness and awareness of just what this steely steed might be capable of. DIEMOS came at his right side, and slower than he wanted to, sluggishly, heavily, Madyrn tried to move, to shift, to escape the onslaught of energy-draining nearness this steed forced upon him. A stumbling step, and another, and he had at least altered the path of accuracy for DIEMOS, the horn piercing his skin, just at the fleshy bit of skin above his right elbow and leaving behind a shallow, yet long laceration, which speedily filled with rivulets of thick crimson blood, and dripped down the back of his right foreleg. As fast as DIEMOS spun to aim his hindlegs then, Madyrn spun to the , forcing the movement from his sluggish legs, jaggedly making a course away, anywhere as long as it was away from this demon, this satanic hellion whom he longed to know how to kill. DIEMOS' hooves are felt upon his right haunch, the contact enough to leave a bruise, and scrape away a layer skin in the shape of two half-moon hooves. With a heavy grunt, Madyrn hopes to take advantage of the proximity DIEMOS is in to apply his own attack. The instant DIEMOS' hooves return to the ground Madyrn shoots out with his own hinds, grinding his teeth against the effort he has to employ to accomplish the normally simply task of kicking out. He wonders, idly, if any others feel the effects of this demon, as upon landing, he urges himself into a jagged, uneven trot, happy to put as much space as possible between himself and this, monster.

[737 words
Summary:
Maskan: Uh since Ricciardo has not responded yet, effects from their interaction are still pending. Meanwhile, Maskan sees the struggle between Kiara, Torasin and ALAN, so heads over there, aproaching ALAN's right side in hopes of knocking her over, or at least interrupting her attack on Torasin, before either battering her with his forelegs (should she be on the ground) or biting at her neck/shoulder region.

Madyrn: Angry that ALL of his attacks missed LLOYD, he feels DIEMOS approaching (Diemos has not used his magic but his nearness causes these 'drained' effects anyway so that's how I played it), and tries to move away from the attacks. DIEMOS' horn hit him just above his elbow, and DIEMOS' kick gets his right haunch as he is moving away. As a counterattack, Madyrn then kicks out at DIEMOS as soon as he lands, before slowly trying to trot away. ]

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
It was satisfying to the young warrior to watch his magic work on another for the first time. Sure he had practiced for hours on smaller animals, but never before someone bigger than he. Aaron was even more triumphant when his well placed bite connected. What he was not ready for was the buck that the bite triggered. His shoulder ached in pain and he staggered backward almost is shock. Inwardly he scolded himself for not moving back faster. Seconds later he was crying out in pain as antlers scraped along his side. The cuts were not deep as the moment they touched his side the colt leaped forward out of KORRA’s path. As KORRA passed by him, he waited and went for her side with his teeth instead. He hoped he had gotten another well places bite, but quickly jumped back as VIKRAM and LACE seemed to come to his rescue. Her buck missed him but barely. It had come close enough that the young bi-colored knight had to lean back on his hind quarters to miss it. He could feel the power of the air she displaced with her kick.
Instead of continuing to fight against the Ice King and Korra, the young warrior picked a path to RICOCHET. Chocolate brown eyes had seen the two unicorns, seemingly brother, who had set their sights on his mother’s friend. Not on his watch. It was with relief the young warrior saw he was not the only one to go to RICOCHET’s aid. His mentor MADRYN was also there to help. He watched as the ebon steed went after LLOYD. Meantime RICOCHET was handling LUCIOUS just fine. He turned and instead saw the barreling unicorn heading blindly straight for ARCHIBALD. The young knight bounded forward, setting his own course to barrel into the dark unicorn….. He yelled loudly “ARCHIBALD LOOK OUT!!” But knowing it was most likely to late for the older draft to get out of the way. At least he could give him a chance to get back on his feet of get out the way.

[Word Count - 348

Summary - Took MAUJA's hit to his shoulders and stumbled back in shock, only to take KORRA's antlers to his side. Leaps to the opposite side to avoid deep cuts and snakes his head to her back to bite. Withdraws his head quick narrowly avoiding KORRA's kick. Starts to run to help RICOCHET but sees MADRYN already there so turns back just in time to see MONSTER barreling towards ARCHIBALD. Shouts a warning to ARCHIBALD and charges in trying to hit MONSTER in the side with his body

Magic Use 1/2]

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
The young roan smirked as her buck connected with ALAN’s left haunch. At least she felt like she was helping in some respect. Ears caught the unicorn’s remark and they went flat against her head. Oh Hell No! Who did this bay twig head think she was calling her a bitch? As if Kiara was going to let her get away with that. ALAN had continued to try and attack TORASIN, but he seemed to be handling himself just fine. However now, it was personal. As MASKAN moved to aid TORASIN as well, Kiara circled around, lining herself up to run alongside MASKAN on his right side. Sure the pair seemed a little awkward, seeing as the ebon steed the roan was coming to see as a brother was roughly four hands higher that she. That did not matter in her will to fight for her family. The gold and cream stallion was part of the Qian just as much as she was. Family protected family, bottom line. Her own mother had more than likely given her life protecting Kiara, and the young roan was ready to do the same for any member of the Qian. It did not matter if they were male or female. They approach the unicorn bitch from the right, and Kiara mimicked MASKAN’s movements. Should they both be successful, Kiara was going for blood. As MASKAN went for ALAN’s neck and shoulder, the roan instead went for her neck where it connected to her head and for ALAN’s face. Almost in a growl that was unlike the little shy roan she spoke “Call me a bitch again I dare you!!”

[Word Count - 275
Summary - Got angry that ALAN called her a bitch and made the fight between them a bit more personal. Circled around to line up at MASKAN's right side as he charged in and bit at ALAN's upper neck and face]

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Ned Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Unicorn | Stallion | Ten | 14.0 hands
These unicorns reminded him of little more than angry hornets. Invade their home, shake their nest, and they all come out full force aiming only to attack with little planning to their movements. There was one mare, black and white, that he noticed take off after him as he moved to intercept PSYCHE. His small ears had tilted back, but he continued his charge at PSYCHE, aiming to wound her before turning on this other mare. PALADIN, however, charged into the fray, abandoning GISELLE to aid him, a move that Ned would have to thank him for later when they made it back home to the Foothills. There was noise above them, but it did not distract the sturdy little stallion from his target. Coming from a land that rained fire there was very little that could draw his attention to the sky. His target screamed, her body turned and ran harder, his horn angled with deadly intent.

The feeling of piercing flesh was a very distinct one, as was the feeling of continuing to slice it and lay it open to the elements. Had he aimed just a little lower and struck true the mare's entrails would be tangling around her hooves and she'd be kissing the dirt as many warriors had in Vanthra. Her screams and shrieks did little to affect the warrior's concentration for they were not important. What was important was the three sets of hooves that he heard pounding after him and the sound of Paladin's voice as he yelled at DELINNE to leave him alone. It was foolish, he thought, in battle to shout at the enemy to leave one of your allies alone just as it was foolish to ignore the one targeting you to spare an ally.

PALADIN intercepted the black and white mare again, leaving Ned to deal with PSYCHE. If there was one thing Ned's small size afforded him, it was speed and agility. He twisted his body away from PALADIN and DELINNE and ran for the forest, aiming to draw PSYCHE away from her overprotective little friend. The small warrior began to slow, hoping that PSYCHE would think he was getting tired. All at once he planted his forelegs and bucked powerfully at the mare, hoping that his hooves would connect with that precious horn of hers and snap it off completely, though he would be satisfied should his kick connect with her chest, even.

When his hind hooves hit the ground again he twisted his body, head angling so the bladed horn would, again, cut down her side. The only difference was that this time he aimed for the left to effectively weaken both sides, increase the amount of pain she felt, and reduce her ability to move like she wanted to.

[Word Count: 464

Ned ignored Delinne since Paladin was charging after her and blocking her attacks. Listened to Paladin, Delinne, and Psyche as they all ran after him. When Paladin caught up with Delinne, Ned turned away from them and continued to run to draw Psyche away from them. He then slowed down and bucked at her, hoping to hit her horn and break it, or hit her chest and wind her. When his hooves hit the ground again he twisted to slice his horn down Psyche's left side.]

Horses: colourize-stock | Breathless-dkBackground: resuregesky: em4nu@flickr.comManip: AquiloniusLupus