the Rift

[PRIVATE] take me home to your heart

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
The Poisoner

"Andare." And with love in his eyes he had turned to her, bid her to run, to leave him so that he may fight in her stead one more time in a long line of being her protector. Lakota had always listened to her big brother, and even as hatred blossomed in her chest for Alleo's opponent, she had wrenched her head away from him to turn and flee. But the invasion was over. They had won. And nothing, not even the Gods themselves, would keep her from her brother's side. Aodaun was hot on her heels, keeping stride with her as she turned and kicked her form forward. Long legs ate up the ground until she could feel the earth reverberating hard up her forelimbs, body lean and elongated as she pushed herself farther, faster. Nares were bright on her dark face, eyes wild. A thousand thoughts buzzed in her head, white noise laced in panic and fear. What if he lost? Is he okay? What if she hurt him? That bitch I will slit her throat and crush her ribcage until she drowns in her own filthy blood if she hurt him! Aodaun snarled at her side, fangs coated in saliva at the idea, the pair a vicious tag team of vengeance.

"FRATELLO!" It knocked against her teeth on a desperate cry, swallowing up the noise inside her head for a brief moment, the familiarity of the word a temporary shackle to her sanity. She had only just found him, and it hurt to have him so far from her again. She felt as if she was floating dangerously off the earth, he the atmosphere that kept her from drifting away, the gravity that kept her sound and safe against the grass. Heart pounded out a rhythm of despair, and she could feel memories crowding into her head. The landscape before her wobbled and shifted to a different environment, a thousand bloodied battlefields that they'd marched into together. Lakota remembered what it was like to have him there at her side, eyes dark and far away. She could still recall the promises they would murmur to one another, the vows to return safe, to at least return alive. She would sooner die at his side than live a life without him.

"Where are you," she gasped out, heaving her breaths as foam built on her slim hips and in the corners of her mouth. "Fratello!" Lakota didn't give a damn what the others thought of her, didn't care if they thought her crazed. She didn't care about them. She wanted her brother. And if that bitch added a single new scar to his already war-torn hide, Lakota would not let her breathe another breath before the season was over. Alleo had lost so much because of Lakota, he had suffered and sacrificed and never gotten a damn thing of worth because of it. He had turned on his own herd for her. Their transgressions were forgiven in blood and battle as they always had been, and all Lakota wanted was to find him, to tend to his wounds as she always had. He had been the one to teach her to be gentle, to soften her touch. He had taught her every herb and poison she knew, and it had always been her who had cared for him in the aftermath.

Without that familiar tradition, she felt lost, frantic. How could she know if he would be cared for right, if it wasn't her who tended to him? Where was he?!

LAKOTA! The mare spun towards her bonded, deep furrows scratched carelessly into the soft earth as she wrenched her momentum the other way instinctively towards his call. Sharp lime eyes caught hers, then wrenched away towards a cloud, unmistakable shape in the distance. Her heart jumped into her throat, and she choked on a whimper of his name to see familiar carmine blooming on his skin. Hadn't they escaped that when they were younger? Hadn't she personally vowed to herself to never force him into war again? When she had found him in Helovia...Lakota had thought that maybe he could finally be at peace. Yet there he was, bloody and bruised, because of her. A deep, abiding hatred for her leaders stirred briefly in her belly. It was temporary, but it drove her forward, sweat-soaked skin like a starless night as she stumbled and raced towards him almost drunkenly.

Please Torfa let him be okay, she prayed uncharacteristically, seeking out the gods of her homeland instinctively, habitually, rather than those of Helovian origin. "Fratello!" she cried, voice ragged with her screaming. She barely managed to skid to a stop rather than crash right into him. Large though he may be, and massive in comparison to her own frame, he was wounded and she could not seek that kind of violent reunion with him. No matter how familiar.

Violet eyes fell to his wounds, to the scraped legs and bleeding neck, the horribly clawed frame. Midnight ears fell back so hard they seemed to try and fit themselves right into her skull, teeth bared in her most vicious, bloodthirsty expression. "I'll kill her," she spat, fire and vengeance in her eyes as Aodaun prowled between their legs.

Chunga-Stock
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
close your eyes, i know what you see
the darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
but we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
and you know i will be here to tell you to breathe
</style>

After assuring that Rasta had been safe during the invasion, Alleo left her to go about her business so he could find a healer to heal the worst of his wounds. The pain that came along with cuts and bruises was nothing new to the stallion. He had weathered far more battles than anyone in Helovia would give him credit for. He'd been trained all of his life to be a fighter, had killed any that he'd been instructed to, all while trying to teach his sister that there was more to life than fighting and death. He had known that it wasn't true for him he would always be sucked back into a world of fighting, but he wanted Lakota to have more than he'd ever had. He hadn't wanted her to go through her entire life with the mentality that the only thing tomorrow would bring was another fight. He wanted her to wake up, smile, and be happy. If that meant that he had to step in and fight all of her fights for her he would, becuase he wanted so much better for her.

"Fratello!"

There was no mistaking Lakota's voice or their language, so when he heard her he stopped and turned then waited, his body braced and ready for her to crash into him. When she didn't he was mildly disappointed. "Are you not happy to see me, sorella?" He asked, his head tilting. He reached out to nudge her cheek with his muzzle, but she was already distracted and assessing his wounds like she always did. It was what they'd always done. He'd use his body as both a weapon and a shield and she would tend to his wounds and scold him for not allowing her to fight. But how could he allow her to when it was his duty to protect her?

"I'll kill her."

"Why?" Alleo asked, frowning. "Becasue she fought to defend her home? Wouldn't you have done the same thing? I..." He cut himself off because he'd almost said that he would have done the same, but it was a lie. He'd had the option of defending his herd and he'd thrown it all away without a second thought just so he could protect his sister. "She did right by her herd, you cannot fault her for fighting to keep what was her's." He did not hate Kiara or her companion for wounding them as they had. They garnered a bit of respect from the stallion. "Calm yourself." He murmured as he saw the fire in Lakota's eyes. "You know I've been in worse shape before, this is nothing."

"."

Credits

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
The Poisoner

Something warm enveloped her heart to see his expectant features, the preparation in each line of his body that spoke of him accepting her traditional form of greeting him. She held back nonetheless, her fear too great when it came to hurting him. The blood itself did not scare her off, for she'd seen him painted in it too many times for her to sleep comfortably at night even years later. Her heart was already exhilarated enough to merely see him before her eyes, to see his sides swell with every life-giving breath that inflated his lungs. It calmed her heart's breakneck pace, even as blood pounded dizzily in her ears with accompanying rage. It nearly drowned out the words that fell from his tongue, the only notifier being her name, her title. The only title she'd ever cared about, far more than what others called her; Poisoner. She could life her life happily if she could just be sorella, sorellina.

"Of course I am," she breathed, a little watery with tears she would never admit to. They prickled her eyes with the force of the relief she felt, like an overly expanded balloon in her chest, to see him okay. Alive. The rest she could fix, she just wanted him to be alive. But how could she explain that things were different now? That it was infinitely more painful to see him hurt when he was in Helovia, away from the cruelty of their herd, their father? Lakota had thought he'd finally be safe, be at peace. It was like she had been betrayed, let down in her most fervent, vehement wishes and pleas to both the Gods of their homeland and the Helovian Lords. The mere thought of aggravating his wounds, as she would have in the past by throwing herself up against him, made her feel almost sick. So instead she shook her head, resorted to silence, incapable of further explanation.

He drew her away from her despair, her self-hatred, with a single touch to her cheek. Closing her bright eyes, the maiden leaned into the touch, trying to calm the fires that threatened to consume her and all the progress she'd made. He had tried so hard to teach her temperance and forgiveness. Was he disappointed in her, to see what a monster he'd made instead? Because that was all Lakota saw when she gazed upon her reflection. So when he chided her, she responded with venomous defense of him, careless and guiltless hatred for the nameless mare they had battled together for a mere moment.

"I can fault her, and I damn well will," she snapped, ears falling half-mast and teeth flashing in little winks, tiny promises of revenge. "I don't give a shit about her, or her herd, or her feelings. I care about you," she emphasized, even still trying to regulate her breathing as it escalated with further emotion. Two words stopped her immediately. Calm yourself. Obediently she sucked in a deep breath, counting to five before releasing it once more. It was a trick he'd taught her, one he forced her to follow the moment she heard those two words from his maw. It had kept her from a thousand different punishments, when they were young. The reflex to obey was still ingrained inside her, and she allowed her heart to slow enough to hear the cadence of his further words. Softer, understanding.

"It's different," was whispered, hurt laced in each syllable. "I thought you could finally be safe here. I caused you so much pain when we were foals -" she choked on a whimper and looked away from him, gritting her teeth at her own pitiful display. Her sickening weakness. Helovia had made her soft. "I thought that maybe you could finally get the peace you deserved. I never wanted to see you like this again, fratello," was her final confession, barely a murmur for the weight that she held in her heart as she spoke the words.

Chunga-Stock
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
close your eyes, i know what you see
the darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
but we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
and you know i will be here to tell you to breathe
</style>

"I can fault her and I damn well will. I don't give a shit about her, or her herd, or her feelings. I care about you."

Had she truly learned nothing of what he had tried to teach her? He didn't want to think that everything he'd told her while she was young and growing had gone in one ear and out of the other. Everything that their grandmother had taught him he'd tried to teach Lakota, but he clearly wasn't as good of a teacher as their grandmother had been. He sighed, shaking his head at her vehemence. "If I matter so much then you'll respect what I say, won't you?" He asked, his voice growing stern. "I taught you respect and understanding when you were young and its time you remember that."

He took no joy in scolding his younger sister and often held off until he had to, but he knew her. He knew the tone of her voice that promised revenge, he knew the set of her ears that spoke of her anger, and he knew the way her muscles retracted when she was ready to fight. "You want revenge, I know you do. But for what? What's the point? When has revenge ever done anything good for us?" Did her revenge on their father make her feel better? Maybe for a few minutes. Did it bring Ithrim back? No. It separated them, drove them to different ends of the world, and hurt them. And there she was, ready to cause more pain because he threw himself into battle. It was a never ending cycle that had cursed their family from the day he was born.

"I thought you could finally be safe here. I caused you so much pain when we were foals -"

A sad smile curved the corners of Alleo's mouth upwards as Lakota spoke of their childhood and the pain that she thought she'd caused. Every beating that he had taken, every lash that had split his hide, and every drop of his blood that fell to the ground was ingrained in his memory but he would do it all over again. "Its not your job to worry about me." He murmured. "I told you when you left home that your only job was to keep living. To find your happiness again."

"I thought that maybe you could finally get the peace you deserved. I never wanted to see you like this again, fratello."

"Look at me, mio cuore." He stepped forward to touch his muzzle to his sister's cheek. "This is who I am; your protector. Then, now, the future, and I would live the same life over again for you."

"."

translation:
mio cuore - my heart

Credits