the Rift

[OPEN] who needs a compass anyway

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
IVEZHO

The young steed had no idea where he was.

He thought it would be nice to venture out of the borders, to stretch his wings see the world beyond the desert sands of his home. And he had enjoyed it, for the most part, between dodging the insects that kept insisting on smashing into him and the way the thermals that held him up kept randomly disappearing (turns out warm air rising wasn't as consistent when one wasn't flying over hot sand). His emerald eyes had drank the land hungrily, gathering all the information he could about it, useful or not, he would do his best to retain it all. That was the problem. He was so focussed on learning new things, he hadn't noticed when the gleaming, golden borders of his home had drifted back into the distance behind him, no longer acting as an anchor for his adventure, and the Sun was high in the sky - once it begun to set he would surely figure out which direction he needed to go in..

Right?

He landed, a green-eyed beast in an ocean of green and yellow grasses. He was glowing, as always, though it didn't really show as he wandered on foot amongst the knee-high grasses of the Meadow. Turning this way and that, he shrugged nonchalantly and decided to simply keep walking in whatever direction - it hardly mattered now. A snort tumbled from his nostrils as the air, thick with the adventures of plant matter affected by the change in seasons tickled his nares. Wings stretched to their full height and width before tucking down against his warm sides, as the steed, resigned to be ever-lost, decided he would at least learn something from this adventure.

Whatever that lesson may be.

For @[Ranjiri] and open!~
opening post is poo lol/font>

Coding by Tamme

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

ranjiri

i try not to think
about the pain i feel inside
did you know you used to be my hero?

Upon fleeing from the Falls I had told Gaucho not to wait for me, that I would go home later. Even if I still wanted him to walk with me and just be there as a source of comfort I couldn't keep him. Being such an important part of our herd, I was sure that he had things that he needed to take care of. I couldn't continue to be selfish and keep him to myself no matter how badly I wanted to. So I told him bye and I ran away and didn't stop until I got to the meadow. By that time my sides were lathered with sweat and I really didn't think that I could run anymore. My sides heaved with each breath I took and for a few minutes I thought I would never catch my breath.

I didn't even notice that there was someone else close by in the meadow until I heard a snort. He looked familiar, but I couldn't say that I'd ever met him before and if I had the encounter had not left a lasting memory. I stood and watched him for a few seconds, thinking that he looked lost. I almost turned and walked away, but then what? I would be forced to face my own demons, be alone with my own thoughts, and face my own reality.

In the end I decided that he would be a good distraction so I walked toward him. "Hello!" I called, trying to look and sound more cheerful than I felt. "Are you lost?"

"."

Chan

aud pixel!

IVEZHO

He wandered, in a direction he thought was south, for he may as well amble on homewards, albeit slowly, and on foot. What he didn't realise, was that he was wandering decidedly north - if he just looked far enough in the distance, he might see the tell-tale outlines of mountains that would act as a natural landmark, a compass for him to use. What did it matter anyway? The day was for him and his exploring - one never found anything without getting a little lost in the first place, right? As his viridian gaze took in the bushy, grassy lands, he sighed - this area really wasn't that interesting, it was just another field, another hill, another group of trees. There were figures scattered over it, some not even equine derived - he could see a mob of antlered deer in the distance, grazing. Silently, he envied the way they seemed to naturally read off one another, watching as they moved as one specimen across the plains, rather than individuals - safety in numbers, as always. And Ivezho's number was singular, though he had a large family south, he had to wonder if they even noticed when he wandered.

He always noticed when they did.

Distracted, swallowed up by his thoughts, he flinched when the echoing call of the young mare rang out over the grasses, a soft snort exited his nostrils as he turned his cranium to behold the golden-and-ivory-rimmed raven. He did not know her, but she was indeed a sight - with dramatic pale strands dipped in gold, striped limbs and honey-tipped wings, and a horn ablaze in the colour of fire - Ivezho could not help but swallow as he took in all of her appearance. He barely heard her question as he processed that she was actually talking to him, not someone else nearby, but him. Are you lost? Was it that obvious? Initially he wanted to reply immediately, to deny it, but though he was young, he wasn't as rash as others might behave. He considered the question for a moment, allowing a smile to shape his lips as he gave himself a handful of seconds to look her over once more - and not just her appearance, but the expression she wore, the fatigue and sweat marks that covered her body. She looked in need of a break, though from what, he couldn't know, but at least he could try to be polite in return.

"No, not lost, exactly. I know where I came from, and where I'm meant to end up, I'm just.. Not there yet."

@[Ranjiri]

Coding by Tamme

ranjiri

i try not to think

His smile, however slow it was to appear, was catching and I found myself smiling back at him. He said he wasn't exactly lost and I allowed myself to laugh. "Just a little lost?" And I was thankful that I had gone to him because he was already proving the distraction that I needed so badly. "Where are you from? And where are you going?" I know it looked like I was being nosy, but I was so desperate for a conversation to get started that I would have asked him what his blood type was just to keep my mind from wandering. I thought that, perhaps, he wouldn't mind my curiosity because maybe he needed directions. I'd wandered this part of Helovia enough to know which directions the herds were at least.

I glanced away from him and in the direction of the stream that I remembered being in the meadow because I could feel the heat radiating off of my body. The longer I stood there the worst it seemed to get and I caught myself extending my wings to let some cool air against my sides. "There's a stream that way." I said, nodding my head in the direction of it. "I was going to head that way to cool off ... would you like to come with me?" I folded my wings back against my side and I waited for his answer and as I waited I realized that in my desperation for a distraction I hadn't even said my name. "Oh, and I'm Ranjiri." I said sheepishly. "I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself sooner." I swear I'm not usually so absentminded and rude.

"."

Chan

aud pixel!

IVEZHO

Good humour abounded as the steed allowed his smile to soften to more genuine edges, his emerald eyes reading the posture of the mare with guarded wonder. She was tired, of that he was sure, but of what? Was it just the physical travel that fatigued her, or was she carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders, with no-one to share its burden? Somehow, the steed felt it was a bit of both - but perhaps the physical fatigue was pressed upon her in an effort to forget the mental. Still, he was only speculating based on the way she so desperately grasped at his gentle offer of a distraction from whatever it was her mind needed distraction from - maybe she was avoiding someone or something and he just so happened to be the perfect scapegoat.

Either way, Ivezho was glad for the company.

A soft chuckle rumbled through his lips, colouring his reply with light and laughter. "Aye, just a wee bit off track. I hail from the Throat, and my aim for the day was to simply venture out of its borders. I'll return soon enough." He spoke of his home easily - it simply was, and it always would be - there was no other way about it in his mind.

To say he was surprised by her offer of joining her in the stream would be a bit of an understatement - Ivezho blinked a few times with a 'brow raised, as the motion would allow him to hear her request again more clearly. She wanted to swim with him?

The thought of getting wet with a mare you found decidedly attractive wasn't something the youth had ever had to deal with before.

But he was happy for his first experience to be underway.

"Sure," he replied coolly, his broad footsteps taking his lanky yet athletic frame towards where she had indicated. That lopsided smile of his returned, as he allowed another breath of laughter to pass between his lips at her words. "I'm Ivezho. Pleasure's mine," he greeted with tones that were caught between schoolboy sharp and masculinely deep. Sometimes they rumbled, sometimes they squeaked - and he had no say as to when his voice would co-operate. At least he was polite?

As they reached the edge of the stream, he paused and turned a questioning gaze to the mare accompanying him (or was he accompanying her?), wondering if she wished to take first plunge.

@[Ranjiri]

Coding by Tamme

ranjiri

i try not to think

I'm not sure what it was, but there was something about him that put me at ease. I was able to relax and smile somewhat genuinely and forget about my troubles. It just kind sucked that it was only temporarily. I knew that once he was gone and I was on my own again it would feel like the weight of the world had come crashing down on me. I'll admit that I was a little surprised when he said that he came from the Throat. I definitely would have known he was if I were more social. Shame on me, I suppose. "Me too." I said, my smile growing a tad. "The Throat's back ... that way." I turned, my left wing unfurled, and I motioned to the south with it before tucking it back against my scarred side.

I was pleased that he accepted my offer of walking with me to the stream, if only becuase it meant that I would have a distraction for a little while longer. "How long have you lived in the Throat?" I asked as we walked. As we walked he spoke his name and I giggled a little at how his voice squeaked. It was the first time I'd heard anything like it before. I was used to Gaucho's deep voice that never cracked or squeaked.

When we finally reached the stream he hesitated, but I didn't. I was still hot and sweaty from my run from the Falls, so I practically dove into the water, splashing it everywhere. It wasn't nearly deep enough, only coming up to my knees, but it would serve its purpose. I lifted my right hoof and slammed it down into the water, splashing it against my chest and stomach. I realized that I probably looked like a fool, but I couldn't help myself, and I couldn't make myself care. The cool water just felt too good.

"."

@[Ivezho]

Chan

aud pixel!

IVEZHO

With a bit of sheepish recognition the young stallion took note of the direction Ranjiri pointed to and locked it away for future reference. He would have found his way home eventually - he did know how to read the Sun, just not when the Sun insisted on hanging high in the sky, marking midday - dawn or dusk was certainly an easier time to travel and keep one's way (though he would eventually know his way around without the need of guidance from the fiery orb).

Though he was surprised to learn that the mare lived in the Throat too, he accepted that easily too - he had been a relative hermit most of his life, his siblings and mother his main friends, his father a stoic protector whom he loved dearly but felt as if he barely actually knew. This mare, who seemed crafted of gold and fire and light, could surely have only ever belonged to the Throat. Ivezho remembered stories of a time when the Throat held an Order that followed only the Sun, and accepted only those who hides reflected the brilliance of the Sun's light - she would have surely been accepted and placed on high, for her appearance alone spoke of how favoured she potentially was with her golden-dipped locks and crimson stare.

"I was born there," the words were spoken quietly as he walked alongside the maiden, "though I kept mostly to myself and my siblings." he raised his emerald gaze to view the mare again as they neared the creek. "I've been so content there all this time, I barely knew what existed outside its borders. Hence my exploring today," he finished with a small smile, watching as the mare surged before him, a dash of black and gold and ivory moving past him, a splash of water soon following. He didn't mind getting wet - the seasons were changing and turning, yes, but the weather was fine this day - and besides, he couldn't deny his desire of wanting to have a little bit of fun with this kind and open mare, a herdmate - a friend?

"You look like you could use a bit of help," he announced, arching his nape and prancing forth into the water, wings splaying as he used them to balance and sweep up droplets of water towards the fae. With a high-stepping trot he sketched a circle around her, every now and then throwing out a playful kick in her direction to encourage the waves to lap at her belly and legs. He laughed softly as he did so, hoping she wouldn't mind his 'help' - she was the one who said she wanted to have a bath, after all. He paused his motion once he deemed her (and himself) sufficiently wet, allowing the amusement to glitter behind his own kind eyes, a soft, almost affectionate expression worn upon his features as he considered the mare before him once more.

@[Ranjiri]

Coding by Tamme

ranjiri

i try not to think

I glanced over at Ivezho when he said that he had been born in the Throat. For a few seconds I wondered what it would be like to still be living in the place that I had been born in, but wondering wouldn't do any good. It wouldn't change the fact that I'd left and the leadership had changed along with the landscape and even the name. "I was born in the Foothills." I offered. "They call it the Hidden Falls now ... but when I was there it was the Foothills. My Momma was the Chieftess with my Auntie Ophelia." Sometime between telling him where I was born and that Momma was Chieftess I had looked back in the direction we were walking. "...my dad lived in the Throat." I tried my hardest not to sound sad, I didn't even know why I'd even mentioned my dad when he was the one that I was trying to forget about for a little while.

I was aware of him speaking again when we finally made it to the stream, but I was so focused on cooling myself off that I didn't say anything right away in regards to him not leaving the Throat. "There's so much to see out there." I said as I paused my splashing. I turned and I looked at Ivezho again. "I haven't explored all of it yet. Me and Ros were supposed to together... but she's so busy." I sighed and slammed my hoof into the water again, sending a wave of water splashing against my chest. Droplets of water dotted my face and i blinked my eyes. "There's a forest with huge trees. And a beach with an ocean that seems to stretch on forever. And the caves by the Heart." When I mentioned the caves I could hear the way my voice seemed to have an edge that suggested I disliked that particular area. Maybe I did. I had only been back twice since the whole wraith thing. I didn't like the memories that that particular area brought back. "I haven't seen it all yet." I pressed on. "But I want to."

"You look like you could use a bit of help."

"What?" I asked, but he was already in the water, his wings sweeping water toward me. My own wings unfurled and came forward to block the water from getting in my face. I laughed, really laughed, for the first time in ages, and my feathers spread enough for me to peek out at Ivezho. He disappeared from my view as he trotted around me, but I could tell where he was by the water that his kicks splashed against me. I tucked my wings back against my sides and spun around to face him and when I was I reared up then came back down, my main objective being to splash as much water on Ivezho as I could. By the time that he was finished 'helping' me my mane was plastered to my neck and water dripped from my forelock into my eyes. "Thanks for the help." I said as I looked back toward Ivezho and smiled. "I feel a little better now."

"."

@[Ivezho]

Chan

aud pixel!

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
unarchived per request
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

IVEZHO

She tells him of herself, and he is filled with wonder at the creature he has chanced upon meeting. They were more similar than he cared to admit - both descendants of leaders, both simply lost little children seeking their parents' recognition and respect. He didn't press her for more information - try as she might, her tones changed, mellowed, when she spoke of her father, and Ivezho locked it away as a subject not to mention unless Ranjiri brought it up first, and even then, only if she was entirely comfortable with it. The colt was not one to cause undue pain upon another - he liked this gold-and-black young mare, he hoped to be able to call her a friend, and he would do whatever he could to ensure that happened.

Ranjiri mentioned another, a Ros, and his ear twitched as he heard it. It was not a name he recognised or really understood, but he assumed she was important to Ranjiri and so locked it away as well. Ivezho smiled when she continued to talk about all the lands out there - I will see it, one day, and maybe, just maybe, I'll see it with you? It was an errant thought, an idea summoned by hope and happiness of the moment, and Ivezho wanted to say how he'd love to explore with her, to travel the width and breadth of Helovia with her, to soar through the skies and traverse all the different landscapes with her, if only to sate the loneliness in his heart and the craving for companionship he felt.

They were playing now, however, romping together in the shallows, laughing rich, colourful tones and tossing crowns and splashing and snorting at each other. He was drenched, wholly and completely, and absolutely satisfied that she was too. Wings, splashproof that they were, seemingly already dry even as he expanded his and shuddered them slightly to convince the last errant drops to release their damp hold on him, but his torso, his legs, his neck and his head were completely wet. He appeared darker, almost black as the dark skin beneath his pelt soaked in the water. He caught a glance of his reflection as the water settled around them, and he thought he was looking at his brother for a moment - but no, Rhoa was not here.

"I'd like to explore more - maybe we could go together sometime?" To distract himself as much as keep the conversation rolling, he responded to Ranjiri's sentiments of feeling better with a seemingly random question of his own.

@Ranjiri

Coding by Tamme

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

ranjiri

i try not to think

I don't think Ivezho would really understand just how much I appreciated that he made me laugh. In the days that followed my dad's death and the hours after his burial laughter and happiness was the farthest thing from my mind. All I had wanted to do was cry and mope and dwell on everything that had happened, what I wasn't able to do to help, and wonder what was going to happen in the future. Ivezho managed to put a little bit of light back into a very dark time in my light and that was something that I would never forget because I needed to laugh. I needed to forget about my pain, however temporary it would be.

When he finally stopped splashing me with water I stretched my wings out and beat them back and forth a few times to try and shake the water from my feathers. Once I was satisfied I tucked them back against my sides and moved from the water, back to the grass at the edge of the stream. Water ran down my legs and dripped from my sides and my hair onto the grass below me. The breeze that blew felt cool against my wet skin and kept me rooted in the moment where I was okay. I didn't feel any sadness right then but I knew in the back of my mind that it would come back. I knew that when I went home to the Throat that it would be suffocating and that made me want to stay locked away in the meadow for a little while longer with Ivezho, but I wouldn't keep him when he left to go back home.

"I'd like to explore more -  maybe we could go together sometime?"

"Of course." I said and I turned to smile at him. "I think it would be fun." Why would I not want to run off and explore lands in Helovia with him? We were from the same home and he seemed so nice. Anyone that could make someone laugh and smile when they really didn't want to was someone worth knowing, at least in my opinion. Ivezho was definitely someone that I wanted to consider a friend. "We could go whenever you're ready."

"."

Chan

@Ivezho

aud pixel!

IVEZHO

The gilded maiden was charming, friendly, quick to laugh with him, and simply enjoyable. Ivezho was thrilled, overjoyed that he had found her - though he did feel the fool for not seeking out a friend like this sooner, especially when she lives within the same walls I have for all these years. Perhaps he had seen her around before, but being the quiet one, the shyer one of the twins, he had never felt like he was worthy of calling attention to himself, not when his brother, the magnificent, the glowing, the likable Rhoa existed to fulfil socialisation for both of them.

Ivezho was still a bit perplexed, puzzled that this mare found his presence so enjoyable, but he didn't linger long on the thoughts, for if he questioned it too much, maybe his fears would be realised - maybe she would wake up and discover that he was just a puddle of anxiety and questions, that his confidence was all a farce, and she would leave him, abandon him to his thoughts and musings once more. So he thought instead of the young mare, the belle with the golden markings, thought of how beautiful she was, both outside and in - he wanted to know more of her, of what she spoke of before, but he knew such questions were meant to be asked when a friendship wasn't so new - such things were to be discussed by those who have held trust in each other for years, not minutes.

The smile that touched his lips when she responded affirmatively to his query was true and bright, filled with excitement and simple, undeniable pleasure. I'm ready now, he wanted to say to her, though despite her affirmation, he still felt like he might have been asking too much - was it too much to ask for an instant adventure from your newest (only?) friend? I've only just found you and I cannot bear to think that I might lose you.. But what to do to keep her here, keep her happy, continue this charade of confidence and charm?

"Let's race," he said, with a grin upon his lips and a a devious energy running through his body. He was taking a chance, a plunge, placing a bet here he didn't know what the odds were of failure - he wanted to play, to run and buck and fly with her. He would do anything just to be with her some longer. Tossing his crown and dancing upon the tips of his toes, Ivezho bounded from the creekbed and kicked his heels to the sky, laughing a deep bellow as he tried to entice the mare to follow, to frolic and run and dance with him, until the day grew old and cold and their home summoned them back to its safe, sandy depths.

[ @Ranjiri
I figure we can have it fade to black either here or in your next reply if you want? C: ]

Coding by Tamme

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c: