the Rift

[OPEN] Radiance and Recoil [Questing!]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

In response she had nothing to say. What was there to say? Although fairly naive when it came to conversational implicatures, Isopia was fairly sure that Ros was trying to bait her. Into doing what, the demi-child had no idea. All she knew was that Ros was picking at something, but whatever it was, Iso didn't have it. She didn't have a fuse, a breaking point, or a melting point. Nothing was going to bubble over, so there was nothing to incite. In response to her cousin's statement, she merely shrugged her shoulders and continued to move crystal shards back towards the walls. "Time will tell." She muttered more to herself than to her kin.

Pausing for a moment, Isopia watched the owl - no the skunk - begin to help with the cleanup. It brought another tentative smile to her death-marked face, and sparked a twinge of longing inside of her chest. The girl had already decided that Ros was given this creature, and Iso wondered why. Although her curiosity was not out of concern for Ros and delving into how or why the small creature might be beneficial to her overly emotional older cousin, but as to how she might secure one for herself. If nothing else, companions seemed incredibly handy to have around. In the back of her mind she could hear Thunderhead scolding her for such thoughts, so with another shrug she cast away thoughts of bonding and returned to cleaning the crystal.

Once most of it was swept away, back towards the walls where it could potential house more life, the girl picked up one large unbroken piece with her wings and inspected it for a moment. "I wonder if it's too big ... Will he mind?" Her mumbling was soft, but her gaze was razor sharp as she inspected the fragment. She had no idea why her Father would even request this of her, so she had no way of knowing whether or not the piece she was holding was suitable or not. For a third time she shrugged - if it wasn't, it was her Father's fault for not being more specific she decided finally.

Turning her hardened stare back on the small duo she paused. "Finished?" It was unclear as to whether she meant finished-packing, or finished-having-an-emotional-outburst, or finished-whatever-the-fuck-you're doing. But oddly, she appeared to be waiting for an answer before leaving.

ISOPIA
IN REALITY'S SHADOW THE BLIND SEE BEST
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

*"Time will tell."*

This bitch gon’ talk forever, Time says.

I dipped my head down, scratching my head against my knee in a nervous tick while I tried not to pay her ass any mind (No, look—she was literally talking to herself, like she just couldn’t help it, like she just needed to—to keep spewing words—). I growl-gurgled and you chuckled except I don’t think skunks do that, I think they just kinda…I dunno, squeal or something to themselves, but you were doing that while you swept the dust and the shards.

We knocked them in a pile at the end of the cave—that place where I had laid, that faint impression of two mingled scents being buried under a blanket of shimmering crystal. We packed it tight and I looked at you and couldn’t stop a little smile from forming. “Awgh, gee,” I muttered; your black and white fur was covered with dust and crystal shards so that you looked like some fluffy, frizzy disco ball. “C’mere,” I said, reaching for you with my lips; you gnawed against the bridge of my nose as I lipped the shards out of your coat, nipping and licking them out of the tangles. “Fart in my face an’ I cut you,” I warned between teeth full of shards; you just kept nibbling at my face, all fake-ferocious ‘n stuff, and I knew we were at an understanding.

Finished?, I heard from somewhere off to my side, and the smile fell and the hard shit in my eyes rose back up as I cast her a look. She had eyes—couldn’t she see the shit I’d done, that it was done, that it was time to leave me the fuck alone? Like--jeez, what she even want with me? Why did she keep talking to me like this? How the fuck could she not tell that I was so sick of her ass?

Nah, really though.

And my intentions were to shove past her—carry my ass up to the surface—leave her in the dust and the dark. Boom. There. All my problems solved, all the shit taken out of the situation. Done with her ass and kicked to the curb.

What actually happened, though, was that you moved before I could act on my brilliant plan; you waddled your short fluffy ass towards the long-legged filly-thing, laying down before her, at her hooves, splayed like a pile of loose fur as you gazed up at her with beady, liquid eyes. Cheeeek,” I groaned with that surge of aggravation, cuz I knew exactly what you were doing— what you wanted me to do—cuz you were deciding for the both of us a thing I was trying so fucking hard to ignore: no, I’m not done here yet.

So I sighed and there was a growl in there and I approached her and stood just behind your fluffy tail as it twitched and dragged on the ground (you were kinda really digging this form). I bit my—no, I didn’t bite my lip, cuz that would keep my from talking and the faster I got this shit out of my system the sooner I’d be done in a cavern that fucked with me way too often.

“My name…” I started--god I hated introducing myself, but I shoved it out anyway, scooped the sticky shit out of my throat and spewed it at her, “Name’s Ros. And he’s Chico.” There it was again—that smug air coming off of you in waves whenever I gave people the name that wasn’t truly yours. Ugh fuck off forever.

“…what’s yours? Uuuuuuugh jeez.

"talk"

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia watched as the small changling promptly plopped down at her hooves. Exhaling softly, Isopia lowered her nose to gently touch the creature's soft fur, exhaling once again a warm puff of air. She wasn't actually sure what sorts of physical contact were pleasing and which weren't - most seemed unpleasant to her - but she had seen others do this with their offspring. The long whisker-hairs on her chin shifted with the fur of the rougarou, which forced an unknowing smile onto Isopia's lips. The girl ignored the whine from her cousin - seemingly of protest to her bonded's actions. Thunderhead had said time and time again how companions should have their own sovereignty, and so Isopia would respect it. At least in this case. Cheek could do whatever cheek wanted, as far as she was concerned.

Then Ros did possibly the only thing that she could (other than destroying more crystal), which would get under her cousin's skin.

She introduced herself. And then asked for Isopia's name.

Isopia's wide-eyed gaze immediately rose (although not all the way, Ros was short) to meet Ros's. She forget all about cuddling the newly introduced Chico and companion rights. All she could hear was Ros's question thundering in her ears

…what’s yours?

Isopia had struggled with not being rude. It was something she was going to have to work on if she was going to appear normal and blend in - at least as blended in as a massive, death-faced demi-god ever could. But this? This was her secret. This was the one thing that was hers. Her mind struggled to think up a believable lie. Could she say her name was Raven? Lots called her that but ... that was supposed to be her code name for Thunderheads super-secret group. Could she ... could she form some sort of a distraction? She could shake the walls and make more crystal fall to clean up...Then again if she stood still long enough she would just be a statue and could possibly avoid it that way ... but that would take too long and ...

Her mind felt cold as panic and confusion began to set in. She didn't want to answer, but she couldn't think of any real reason not to. Stubbornness stood in the way of her brain which was normally so rational. But this ... she just didn't want to! Mentally she felt like a child stomping her hooves and kicking up a fuss, the type of thing that she hated, and yet here she was, in a position where that's all she wanted to do.

Her eyes continued to blink stupidly as she just stood there, head at a slightly lowered angle, lips unmoving.

She didn't know how to respond.

Iso panics and uses 'blank stare'. it isn't very effective...

ISOPIA
IN REALITY'S SHADOW THE BLIND SEE BEST
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

You were just loving this and it was so disgusting I just wanted to vomit (except horses don’t do that). If skunks could cheese you were cheesin’ it hard, your little nose twitching and your eyes gaining an extra-hard sparkle as she lowered her muzzle to you, touching you in some way you liked, I dunno, I wasn’t watching that hard. Fucking attention-whore. And you cheesed at me through our mental link, agreeing with me and my shitty attitude about this leggy chick giving your skyward cuddle action. Bet you thought I was jealous or some shit.

Totally wasn’t.

Jeez.

Shit picked up weirdly though, when I asked her name and her eyes cut towards me, her whole body tensing as her head whipped up to look me in the eye. I lifted a brow but I waited in silence, my whole face still hard and her whole body settled in a frozen stance, watching me.

And…watching me.

And watching me.

In silence.

Something was dawning on me and it was a mix of so many things—exasperation, ongoing irritation with this bitch’ antics, a weird, tangled sense of growing amusement-- and it crashed against my head all at once in a tidal wave, the tension finally snapping in my chest. “You’re fuckin’ me,” I said, incredulous—an irritated bite still laced on my tongue, but there was humor there, an infuriated humor that was growing in heat, “Look at this shit. Look at this shit, Cheek. I don’t believe this shit.”

I shook my head and you waddled your ass to me, fluffy and happy and laughing in your head, laughing at everything, cuz that’s what you do. “This bitch wax eloquent nonstop for three years,” I say, still shaking my head as you zpsnk! into an owl once more, flapping your ass to your usual roost on my poll, “Then I ask her name and suddenly she dun’ forgot how to talk. Like she dun’ swallowed her tongue or some shit. You see this, right? My eyes were screwed up, looking up and around, trying to see if you had seen this shit. “You seein’ what I’m seein’?”

A harsh bark of laughter emerged from my throat. “I don’t even care about your name, man,” I said, and I edged around her, making my way for the cavern entrance. “I don’t give a fuck, I was just tryna know who the hell you were. But whatever. Keep your name. Your ass will pop back up somewhere, someway.”

It was inevitable. She had godsblood and I had godsblood and for some reason that mattered.
That was the point, wasn’t it? That last leg of the journey of accepting this shit—learning her name and cementing her identity in my head as a person, someone with a name I couldn’t deny. But she was backwards-ass and everything I needed her to do, she did the damn opposite. Like, fuck, okay, make everything harder for me, jeez.

But she can keep her name. It’s whatever. I didn’t need it for the last knot of this venture. I got all I needed from her panicked eyes and awkward silence.

Don’t look for me,” was my way of saying goodbye, and you trilled your own farewell as we left the gentle light of the crystal cavern.

[Ros out unless you chase her <3]
"talk"

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!