the Rift

[PRIVATE] Breaking homes and hearts

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
The boy cleared his throat nervously as teal limbs propelled him forward. Mustering all the courage he possessed he spoke, "Mother, we need to talk." Tender ears flipped forward to catch her son's words; even as fear poured into her heart. Tension flickered between the mother and son. Even though Ilios knew there was no way around his feelings he had to do this. "Mother, I am leaving the herd. I need to find my place in this world, and it is not here." The golden colt watched his cream and white mother quietly. It was hard to be brave when your mother was crying. Trying to comfort himself silver and teal wings pulled themselves in tight to his body; pressing against his golden body.

Parelia on the other hand seemed to sag under an invisible weight. Her wings brushed the ground showing the depth of her pain. Tears traced their way down her slender face as hazel eyes gazed silently up at her now taller son. Her voice was a creaky whisper, "Where will you go?" 'How could you leave me?! What has driven you tho this?!' She wanted to scream her thoughts at him, wanted to scream her grieve to the world. She never would have imagined this happening. First Ciceron, now his(their) son.

Taking a deep steadying breath he spoke once more, "I don't know yet. Since the invasion, there isn't any need to go to the Falls, and the Basin is out, so probably the Dragon's Throat. You named me after the sun for a reason, right?" What was he supposed to do to comfort her? Unable to fight back the need to embrace his mother the boy stepped closer. "Mother please understand. I promise to visit ya'll." His voice was so sincere she couldn't help but believe him; he was a growing boy after all. Reaching out he gently placed his neck over her's before pulling his dam closer. "I will always love you mom. Please tell father goodbye for me, I plan to leave as soon as I find Areli."

She leaned into his already muscular frame enjoying his warm body; if only for a moment. "I understand sweetheart. I love you too, forever and always." Mustering all of her strength the winged mare pulled herself together and away from her baby boy. "Please be safe, and meet send word to me when you can. Remember all I have taught you about herd life, the Gods, and family." The shared a loving smile and muzzle bump before she departed; vanishing among the trees.

As soon as Parelia was out of sight the colt left his guard down. Tears slipped from heartbroken silver eyes, wings dropped, and his head lowered. How could making the right choice for yourself be so hard? He sobbed silently before allowing the weight of grieve, or was it gravity, to pull him to the ground with a thump. Maybe he was just like his father, abandoning his family. Golden hide shook with quite sniffles and his first ever tears.

Wonderings Talking Parelia
Words: 509
OOC: @[Areli] This is on the Edge of the Edge, not really in the secret grove.
His voice
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost

You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI

Autumn in Helovia is something you’ve never seen before, but right away, you know you love it. Even with your imperfect vision, the trees are bright bunches of color, and the falling leaves are beautiful blurs that have you craning your head at an uncomfortable angle just for the pleasure of watching them fall. And the feeling of the dry underbrush and paper-thin leaves crunching under your hooves! You get the most delicious sensation stomping and shuffling your way through the forest, and you’ve spent happy hours at a time winding your way around trees and dodging bushes. Behind you a thin trail of exposed earth bares its chest to the nippy autumn breeze, standing out in stark contrast to the debris-blanketed floor. It’s almost comical, it appears as if a crazed mole or a giant drunken snail has taken up residence in the neighborhood—if only it weren’t for your teacup hoofprints that give you away.

On this crisp autumn morning, you’re amusing yourself easily enough—one has to when one hasn’t many playfellows. You take a step, then pitch your weight forward quickly, daring yourself to stumble. Of course you don’t, for your balance has improved greatly since you were born. And though you don’t realize it, your vision and hearing have slowly evolved as well: they are nowhere near perfect, but nobody ever told you that anything was wrong with them in the first place. To you, it is all like walking—shouldn’t everything get better as you get older? It’s only natural.

Anyway, there you are, carving your solitary little trail, when you look up and realize that you are nearing the edge of what you know as home. Little brown wings flutter nervously, sending down drifting lazily away from you in puffs. You get the feeling that Mama wouldn’t like you to stray this far. You begin to turn away, but then something in the distance catches your good eye…wait a minute, isn’t that one of those weird upside-down trees? A memory of the Secret Grove surfaces, and you gaze ahead wistfully. You’d wanted to play amongst the willows’ curtains longer last time, but Mama had left, and so you’d had to leave them behind too. And while you’d never left the Edge without Mama…but they were right there, right? Besides, if Mama had taken you there before, surely it couldn’t hurt…with a slippery, stomach-flipping feeling of anxious excitement, you move forward.

But you never reach your target. “’Lios? Illy!” You squeal with delight at the familiar form of your older brother, bounding clumsily up to him. Then, the realization hits you: what if he tells? He must’ve seen you and what you were doing, where you were going. Your bound slows to a scuttling sidle, and in a loud whisper, you order him, “Dooon’ tell Mama, Illy. Dooon’ tell, ‘kay?”

@[Ilios]

[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Ilios
Was life always going to be this difficult and heart-wrenching? Even as he wallowed in the mass of self pity and pain the only thing he honestly loved was approaching. Her sweet voice drew his horned head up sharply. The smoky black and golden pelt shock him greatly. What kind of example and brother was he, laying in the dirt crying like a child. Hastily the yearling wiped his wet face on short ivy marked teal legs. His voice was shaky, "Hey Are, I was just going to look for you." He was careful to speak slowly, and loudly. He knew there wasn't something quite right with her. No, she wasn't slow, but she couldn't hear and see perfectly. This clearly didn't slow her down or depress her. Maybe there was something to learn from his pretty little sister. A smile crept slowly over his damp face. "Care to join me for a moment?" Silver eyes watched her own golden orbs.

A chuckle sounded from his dark gold lips. "Don't worry Are I wont tell, it's our little secret. I used to sneak out all the time." He winked softly. How was it this young filly could brighten even his worst moods. Her sweet never ending innocents brought out the best in him. He prayed to every God of Helovia that she would never lose that. "Sweet sister, I love you every much. No matter what anyone ever says, you are perfect in every way imaginable." The boy reached out towards her warmly hoping she would press her warm muzzle to his own.

After giving her a few moments to speak or just enjoy his company Ilios rocked to his hooves. Lowering his dome down to her level he spoke playfully, "How about we go play in the willows?" Standing beside her the colt flicked the long black and white tipped tail at her rump before trotting off a little. He was careful to be slow so she wouldn't press herself to hard. It had been a while since he had watched the filly run, but he could easily remember how she had stumbled. Glancing back towards her the colt smiled halfheartedly. This was going to rip out the remaining piece of his heart. How was he supposed to bring it up? Would she even understand? He would just have to try to get it across in a nice way; if that was even possible.

Words: 405
OOC: @[Areli] So MANY FEELS!
His voice
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

ARELI

You don’t notice the tears slipping from the corners of your brother’s silver eyes, nor does the way he lies prone alarm you. You often nap this way, except for you don’t like to get all curled up like he is—you much prefer sprawling out, blissfully unaware under Mama’s watchful gaze. As he rubs the sleep from his eyes (or so you think), you watch him anxiously, only relaxing when he promises not to tell on you. An exaggerated snort of relief bursts from your miniature muzzle, and you bob your head rapidly in agreement. Your secret. Good.

Tension relieved, you giggle at the way you stand over him, returning his extended nose with a freely affectionate bump. ”Tallern’you,” you taunt, spreading your fledging wings in what you mean to be an intimidating fashion (it’s not.). “Gotta do what I saaay!” He tells you you’re perfect, and you preen for him, abandoning his side briefly to flounce and shimmy your clumsy body in a wide half circle. Perfect! Yes, you are. You’re just getting it in your head to pounce on his reclining body, when he scrambles to his hooves. Little mouth opens to protest loudly, but he beats you to it, suggesting you go play in the willows.

“YETH!” you lisp in your excitement, body wriggling in delight. He trots off, and you speed after him, launching yourself into a drunken canter. You have almost caught up to him when you misstep and take a tumble, long thin limbs flailing wildly about like an overturned daddy longlegs. It doesn’t faze you; it happens a lot. Unharmed, you rocket upwards and dash past your brother toward the grove. Darting into the protective embrace of one of the willows, you call back for Ilios through the leafy curtain.

“Hiden’seek!” comes your disembodied, insistent voice. “You’re It, gotta fin’ me!” Grinning madly at this chance to enlist a playmate, you sneak around the back of the willow and slip under a neighboring tree.

@[Ilios]

Ilios
Another chuckle sounded from the boy as his golden dappled sister snorted then climbed on top of him. Nostrils expanded drawing in her warm scent and ears pricked memorizing her giggles. How long would it be before he could hear, see, or smell her again? A soft sigh ruffled his muzzle as he shoved the sad thoughts way. "Oh no! What will I ever do?!" Faking fear was difficult, but he would move the Earth for Areli if that was what she wanted. "I'll do anything you say if you just spare my life Queen Are!" He laughed brightly as she scamper in a wobbly oval.

Once on his hooves, and the idea of play is on the table, he laughs again at her stuttering yes. Trotting away might not have been the best idea; considering she smacks into the ground. He only pauses to look back and make sure his sister isn't hurt. It might seem cold-hearted not to run to her aid like Parelia might have, but Ilios knows the power in taking care of yourself. He wouldn't always be there to pick her up; she had to learn when she needed help, or wanted it. it was important to be able to rely on yourself, but family would always be there to help. He smiled in relive as she jumps up and races passed. She was so amazing. 'I guess I should be looking up to her.' Love filtered through his heart as she watched her gold tipped tail disappear.

The golden knight would have gladly given his horn to have a playmate when he was her age. There was no way he could deny her this, or anything for that matter. "Okay Are just be careful and I'll come and find you." He laughed softly and stood allowing her a few moments to get away, but not to far. Smiling he walked into the sweeping bows enjoying their trailing leafy fingers. "I'm gonna catch you, you little rascal!" He bellowed playfully as his nose quivered. It was easy to follow her flowery smell, but what was the fun in that? Big brothers always wanted to make sure their siblings were safe, and that's what he was doing. If he didn't know where she was he couldn't be sure she was okay. He swung wide switching to a tree on her right making sure to make a ton of noise; stomping as he went.
Wonderings Talking
Words: 407
OOC: @[Areli]
His voice
Tag me

ARELI

You quiver in anticipation as Ilios approaches, doing your best not to move a muscle. When he veers right, you accidentally sigh aloud in relief, which makes you squeal all the louder as you realize what you’ve done. With the grace of a rampaging bull, you throw yourself out of the willow and crash into the next, sides heaving. Whew. That was close.

Settled beneath your new tree, you notice something you’d forgotten before, and you bite your lip anxiously at the way your coat glows softly amongst the deep green shadows of the grove. You’re about as easy to spot as a firefly on a summer night—easier, in fact, because you can’t turn it off. Wings hug your sides in an attempt at camouflage, but it’s an uncomfortable way to wait. Agitated and impatient, you glance around. That’s when you spot the muddy banks of the lagoon, in all of their squishy, stagnant glory. Sure, they might stink a bit, but they’ll hide you well. Keeping your steps light as can be, you slip towards the bank.

You’re lucky; the tree’s branches just brush the surface of the water, shielding both you and the bank from view. You need all the help you can get, given that you’re not the most quiet of creatures and the footing here is slippery. The mud is slick, presumably from an autumn mist, making you frown in concentration as you wobble your way towards the muck. Almost…th--!

It’s predictable really, what happens next: your hooves slide in the clay, and you overcompensate. But the sudden movement does you in, sending you tumbling into the pond with a loud splash and an even louder scream.

So much for subtlety.

Ilios
Her sigh brings ears and eyes straight to her position. Chuckling playfully the golden knight moves towards her as silently as possible. Only the whisper of swishing Willow fingers and soft thumping of hooves announces his movement. Swinging wide the colt steps under the tree next to hers. Silver eyes can just make out her shimmering golden hide among the wispy branches. He losses sight of her for a moment before she reappears moving towards the bank. Lips twitch up in a smirk before he follows quietly after her. Stopping, hopefully out of her line of sight, since he can't see her it's a fair assumption.

Just about to move forward a loud squeal and splash sends him galloping towards the sound. Unable to stop on the slippery mud the colt goes sliding in after his young sister. A gasp of shock explodes from his lunges as chilly water engulfs his frame. "Are! Are are you ok?!" Sloshing to her the boy sniffs her all over making sure she is still in one piece. Sighing in relive he tries to nuzzle her neck. "How about we get out of here? I have something I need to tell you." Shards of his heart twitch with worry at the impending conversation.

After they both step from the pool he pauses to shake the extra water from his gold and teal coat before walking to the shelter of a dry tree. Peaking out to make sure she is following her lowers himself to the ground. "Please come join me Are. We need to have a serious talk." Silver gaze soften trying to hide the fear and sadness below. Taking a deep shaky breat, trying to calm his raw nerves, he begins. "Are, I... I feel the Hidden Falls is not where I belong. I love you, Mother, and Father," He struggles to say the last word just for her, "Very much. I just need to find where I belong." Looking into her beautiful golden eyes he waits to see her reaction before pressing on. "I swear I will come and visit as often as I can. I'm going to another herd, The Dragon's Throat." Breathless with anxiety the colt watches his only sister, the love of his life, sure she would be heartbroken or even angry with him. "Please understand Are..." His voice cracks as a tears slips from his eyes.

Words: 398
OOC: @[Areli] @[Kaj]
His voice
Tag me

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
@[Areli]

your table dropped a "table" tag at the end and broke the boards! make sure to add this

Code:
</table></div></div>

to the bottom of your taable!

ARELI

The pond water is shockingly cold, and it seems to suck you down, down, down into its green abyss. Little lungs constrict in panic and useless wings thrash about, their airy down no use to you here. You kick out ferociously, hoping to find the muddy bottom, and then you do, shooting your head above the surface…just in time to see Ilios come crashing in. The sight of your older brother covered in pond scum is enough to ease your fear for just a moment, and you burst out laughing in both relief and amusement. You should have known: Illy would save you. “Are! Are, are you okay?!” he calls, wading over to you with a concerned expression. You pause your giggling to let him sniff you, and reply, ”M’okay, Illy, m’okay.” He nuzzles your neck and your sprig of a tail twitches happily, before your shiver all over: it’s cold in here. “How about we get out of here?” your brother asks, and you nod, shuddering. Illy has a knack for knowing what you want before you say it.

”I have something I need to tell you,” he confesses as you clamber up the bank after him. Still behind him, you merely look at him expectantly, too young to know what weight those words hold. Though the glass wall of the Edge was destroyed long before you were born, you’ve still grown up your entire life behind one, protected and sheltered from any disappointment or sadness. So, what has Illy got for you? A surprise? As the thought occurs to you, your face lights up and you pause mid-shake to dance in place. A surprise! Just for you!

Your brother senses your distraction. ” Please come join me, Are,” he tells you, and you give one last shake before wobbling your way over to where he has settled on the ground. “We need to have a serious talk.” He sucks in a shaky breath, but you are too busy calculating to pay him much mind. If he keeps lying like that, how many strides before you can pounce? “Kay,” you mutter out of the side of your mouth so he won’t suspect what you’re up to. ” "Are, I... I feel the Hidden Falls is not where I belong…” One…. “I love you, Mother, and Father very much…" Two… ”I just need to find where I belong, I swear I will come and visit as often as I can--” THREE! You leap towards him, wings outstretched, just as he finishes, ”…I’m going to another herd, the Dragon’s Throat.”

You land in a tumble (hopefully on him), giggling madly, searching for his eyes to share the joke. But to your horror, they are tearful—did you hurt him? The feeling you get is like the one you had in the pond, when you were striking out for the bottom and making contact with only empty space. You didn’t think you would hurt him, only wanted to play! “Illy??” you bleat nervously, stretching your small muzzle out to try and blot the tears from his face. “Illy, didn’t mean ’t! Didn’ mean ‘t, promise!”

@[Ilios]

Ilios
As her sweet bubbly laughter tickled his ears his own chuckle sounded. She smiled warmly as once her tail started up. It was always great to see her happy, even if she was cold. Striding from the water silver eyes cast back over his golden shoulder to check on her. Muscles tensed for a moment as she struggled for a moment but relaxed as she hauled her golden speckled body out. Once settled on the ground he begins the hardest thing he has ever had to do. He expects her to be sad, tearful even, instead he is shocked by her pouncing on him. He had over estimated her mental ability. Tears slipped down his face. In this moment he felt so childish and stupid. Ilios had acted to much like a foal, and not taken in how young his sister even was.

"I'm ok Are, you didn't hurt me. But I really need you to listen and try to understand." Hopefully he had her full attention now. "I'm leaving. I am going somewhere else." Was that clear enough? How else could he explain what he was doing? He relaxed as her muzzle touched his golden face trying to wipe away his tears. Sighing softly the colt tried to press his damp muzzle to the girl's right shoulder. "I wont be living with you anymore." He sighed softly hoping she would really understand this time around. The boy didn't think that he could say it again. "Oh Areli..." His doleful tones were a mere whisper. Tears still trickled down his turquoise ivy masked face.

Even now he knew that he would take her home, then head out in search of his own. Parelia and Areli would be okay without him, they had each other and Ciceron. It would hurt for a while, but they would all end up okay. he would be able to visit them, and if they would not allow the colt to leave he not join them. Then what would he do? If the Throat didn't work out, what would he do? Living by himself would be hard, but then he could visit his family whenever he wanted. Oh what a tangled web of heartache he was in. "Areli, I want you to have my necklace, so you can remember me always." Lowering his head the boy carefully shook his head and allowed the golden wolf and shield to slide over his horned dome to land by between his forelegs.

Words: 413
OOC: @[Areli @[Kaj]
His voice
Tag me

ARELI

He says you didn’t hurt him, but his face is still wet. “Where hurting?” you insist, clucking over him like Mama clucks over you. Illy pushes on though, saying that he’s leaving—he’s “going somewhere else.” Your fault? You wonder, squinting at him uncertainly. But he said you didn’t hurt him, he did! “I won’t be living with you any more,” he continues, and from the tone of his voice, even you can tell he’s not teasing. He whispers your name, but you cannot hear it. “No!” you cry, even as his warm muzzle touches your shoulder. You’re crying now, too. “No, Illy! ‘Lios, don’ go.” You know you’re too little to change his mind, but you’re also too little to live without Mama. However, you won’t accept that Ilios is leaving you either. If you can’t stop him, you’ll follow him. And then Mama will come for both of you; you know she will. She’ll bring him back.

“Areli, I want you to have my necklace, so you can remember me always,” your brother tells you, and you watch with wide eyes and snotty hiccups as he lowers his head and slips off the pendant you’ve never seen him without. You want to tell him no, that you won’t need to remember him because he’s not leaving, but you’re too overwhelmed to get out anything coherent. Your little chest heaves with emotion as you stare at the shiny blur on the ground between you. It looks so lonely there, a lifeless peace offering lying in limbo. It doesn’t belong in the dirt, you think. Illy’s being stupid you think vehemently, rebelling in your private use of the s-word. “Won’t need’t,” you mumble, but you shove your muzzle under the chain and slip it on nonetheless. The pendant hangs comically low from your skinny neck, the chain much too long for you, but if you have to carry it until he comes to his senses, then so be it. “Coming with,” you say firmly, eyeing him defiantly. Mama’ll know how to find you, and when she does…she’s gonna Kick. His. Butt.

@[Ilios]
@[Kaj], I’d really like Areli to go to the Throat with Ilios just to see where he’ll be living! Would it be possible for Kaj to a) humor her and go along to bring her back, or b) at least tell Pare where she is?

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

KAJ
with everything falling down around me, I'd like to believe in all the possibilities

The two had grown strong and beautiful, glowing in their youth, holding heart and compassion close to their souls. He had watched with pride as they blossomed, regretting at times that he was not truly given the right (no, privilege) to have helped raised them. They were fine individuals, and in part the invasion was for them. The foals of the Edge that Kaj had taken beneath wing, into his heart. He had etched their names into his ribs so that he could carry them forever, and he had waged the war to ensure their safety and survival. He could never live through having to find a young, broken body that he knew so intimately. Could never forgive himself if the Goddess decided to prey upon his people, even as their patron.

He had watched them, given them as much undivided attention as the newly named Czar could offer, afraid that they would simply disappear as Rue had in the maelstrom of the invasion. And when the two had wandered away for a day of play and lighthearted antics, he had silently followed, a shadowed guardian prepared to lunge forth and protect them should anyone or anything seek to harm them. He had watched with a tight chest and a glittering broken smile on his pale lips to see them cavorting about cheerily, as innocent as he could recall them always being in some way.

Close enough to hear faint echoes of their words, Kaj admitted to himself that he'd somehow expected this from Ilios. He loved the boy in a private, quiet fashion. Knew him well enough to expect the youthful desire for change, for independence. He wondered how Parelia and Ciceron were faring, his more age-appropriate friends surely being the first two Ilios would have alerted to his thoughts. Areli did not understand at first, and it broke Kaj's heart to hear her cries when at last it dawned upon her, to see Ilios depart with his medallion and give it to his sister. A great sigh shook the beast, and he began to pad down into their little area, gently intruding in their little bubble on behalf of Ilios.

A quiet murmur sprang to his lips as he became the third point to their triangle, eyes on Ilios with an understanding expression crafted into his features before turning to Areli. "Ilios will be safe and happy in the Throat, Areli. He is old enough to decide where he wants to go, and it does not mean he can't visit you often," he assured, voice like velvet and silk, soothing and paternal where it should not be. They were not his children, by blood nor by right, but he loved them regardless and wanted to erase the pain of their parting the best he could. "I have a very good friend there, his name is Gaucho, and he leads the herd there. I promise Ilios will be safe with him, just like you're safe with me," a light tone of teasing infused itself into his vocals, a smile dawning on his face as he brought wing up to try and brush comfortingly against Areli's closest shoulder.

"I can take you both there, and you may see where Ilios will be staying. But you must come home with me afterward, Areli. You are too young to be leaving your mother, but the choice will be yours if you desire to follow Ilios when you are his age." Eyes finally flickered to Ilios, a sad sort of pride lingering in the cobalt and sapphire fissures. "I'm proud of you, Ilios," he murmured, meant more for the boy's ears than Areli's, lest they upset her further.

image credits
table by whit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Ilios
The golden boy watched his baby sister with bright wet eyes. Look what he was doing to his family, tearing them apart by the roots. The sound of hooves brought the boy to his feet pushing himself ahead of his sister. Hastily he scrubbed the tears from his ivy masked face on his matching leg. This was no time to be showing his weakness. A snort blew from his soft muzzle, warning the newcomer. As the massive gold body strode from the trees the colt relaxed sighing heavily. He had never been in a fight before, and now would not have been a good time to start. Ilios bowed his horned head respectfully before gazing into his old leader's blue orbs. The look Kaj gave him sent a shiver of joy through him. Surely he had heard what they had been talking about, but he seemed to understand. In the boy's heart Kaj held the place where is father should have.

Pricked ears caught every last word he had to say. He relished the words of comfort, and placed the name Gaucho firmly within his mind. So he would need to find Kaj's friend in order to join the Throat. His deepening drawl sounded out, "I promise Areli, I will come and visit, and I know Kaj will take care of you and mother." 'The way father should have taken care of us.' He kept the last bit to himself as he flashed a grateful glance towards the light gold stud. A soft smile touched his own features as the man joked with his sister. It was good to know that someone would always be there for her, even if he couldn't be.

The Czar was not out of surprises yet though. He bowed his head again silently thanking him, without interrupting. When his dome rises, their eyes meet. He can see the sorrow reflecting back at him from the baby blues. A lump instantly rises to his throat as the words wash over him, warming his body like the sun. Mother had told him that before, but it meant so much more coming from him. He was a mighty and kind ruler, one to be revered and never forgotten. If Kaj could be proud of him, then he could be proud of himself as well. Swallowing hard the colt gazed up steadily into the stallion's gaze before speaking, "Thank you Kaj, it means a lot that you would do that for us. I think it might be best to wait a few days... I need to gather my thoughts." He smiled softly before stepping forward, and carefully expanding his wings. Once close enough he dropped his voice to a whisper, "I know you aren't my blood father, but You hold a much larger part of my heart than he ever could. Please look after my mother and sister." He tried to catch his eyes searching them for the promise he was sure would come.

Stepping back he turned to his golden dappled sister smiling softly down at her. "I bet Kaj will play with you, but you have to ask nicely and make sure he isn't busy, deal?" He smiled teasingly before trying to tenderly bump her neck. "I'll take you home for a few days then we can go to the Throat, only if you promise to do as Kaj says and leave when he says it's time." Silver eyes gazed firmly down at her pretty face before glancing back at Kaj making sure he was saying the right things. One day he would look back and realize he had done the best he could, but for now his heart and emotions were raw.

Wonderings Talking
Words: 616
OOC: @Areli @Kaj
His voice
Tag me