the Rift

[OPEN] we wander because we wonder

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
The steed was growing, as young souls were prone to do, growing physically and emotionally, learning and experiencing a life that would shape not just what he was, but who he was. Grimalkin enjoyed the chilly halls of his home, though he was not the most sociable of his herd, he had so far found most of them amiable enough - or if not amiable, at least with similar goals and aims - to protect the herd and the lands they lived on.

He was a heavy steed, with hair a-plenty and a generous crown of antlers atop his poll, he enjoyed the cold, even as winter threatened to close further on the lands and turn everything into a whitewashed wonderland. His broad hooves were made for walking atop snows, and so any random snowdrifts he came across did not hinder his walk today, but instead simply put a smile on his façade as he traversed them.

The glaciers were something of a familiar sight to him - the northern reaches of his home held similar structures jutting out from the mountains, and so he beheld the great wall of ice with polite curiosity and mild interest. Ears pricked as nostrils quivered, and his whiskered lips reached out to touch the solid, reflective surface with a gentle caress, his warm breath fogging it as he exhaled a breath he didn't realise he held.

He continued walking, following the icy wall until the mouth of the Arch presented itself, all gleaming sapphire and that deep, glacial purple hue that only ice can hold. His own emerald eyes looked with wonder at it, and knew for a certainty that only a God could have placed it so perfectly here, for him and the rest of the world to admire.

He was left wondering alone which God might have done so, when the faraway sounds of an unknown approaching creature tickled his ears.

For @[Parelia] (I forgot who I was supposed to tag so reply with whoever xD)
and open!
colourize-stock & larfsalot @deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Karalius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It was about time he found something. Having already been thrown into the new world, Karalius was beginning to think that it was all forest and grass. Yet now, as he stepped lightly and nimbly on his faded daggers, the light bouncing off the rocks which glistened in all their glory. There was something strangely beautiful about the place he had stepped into, and his content feelings strewn across his clouded skull like he was covered in mud.

He had taken the path north. Exploring what was going to become his "grounds for success" were vitally important to get to know. As he came ever closer into this land, Karalius noticed that the rocks formed themselves into a large arch, adorned with snow and the melting remnants of old snow. That was what glistened, and this glistening turned into a bright glare from the nearby mountains. He thought to himself whether the snow and the chill that bit at his hocks was a year-round thing due to how high he had ventured.

And as he came into the terraria flashing impressive glaciers, he saw another in the close distance underneath an archway. It was another brute, appearing to be the same age as Karalius. But the dappled was for sure intrigued, as he was a stocky brute. Besides the hues of purple that bounced off the ice, he could make out the stranger as having a pelt of dusky caramel, with locks of milk and very impressive, and very dangerous looking antlers. The sheer build of this stranger was enough to make Karalius know that he would not win a fight against him. He was unsure whether he had been seen by now, so it would be only embarrassing to the proud brute to turn and run. So there was only one other way the dappled could go: towards the brute.

He stepped lightly, moving ever closer on his slippery daggers. The ice and snow underneath made it difficult for Karal to gain proper footing. He was not used to such terraria, only being familiar with hardened ground and frost from his old homeland. However, he had grown accustomed to the cold and this gave him some comfort.

As close as he dare, he looked at the stranger, aiming to catch his attention by staring into his emerald orbs. With a slight cough to alert this big brute of his prescence, he dipped his cranium in polite greeting to him. Speaking now would not seem appropriate, no. Karalius' charming nature was to win him over first, words after.

@[Grimalkin]

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
The cough wasn't needed, for the emerald-eyed brute had spied the intruder a mile away. The chocolate steed was one to always be aware, to never stop looking, because there was so much one could learn from just observing and watching and waiting, it was enough to give him goosebumps. So when the other made his intention of being noticed known through his quiet cough, Grimalkin turned his bulk, surprisingly light on his feet, and graced his maw with a gentle smile, even deigning to nod his heavily antlered crown to the other in greeting. It was always best to try and get (and then stay) on a stranger's good side, at least as far as their mood and manners went - as far as battle prowess went, Grimalkin would gladly stay on an enemy's bad side, with hopes of ruining said enemy for good.

But the steed before him was no enemy, at least not yet. No horn graced his brow nor poll, and so Grimalkin defined him to be an equine. He was dappled with grey, and a splash of gold glinted off his pelt when the sun struck him right - he was a handsome steed, even this stallion could appreciate. Well built, lighter in frame than he (but then who wasn’t?), with a seemingly kind nature, at least in his approach.

It was what came after the initial approach that mattered, wasn't it?

"Hello," his tones rumbled, his voice not necessarily as deep as some but certainly smooth and powerful enough as it was. "Come to admire the view?" he asked, quirking his crown to the side, tilting his antlers with a playful question. He was ever one to use honey to attract others near to him, his cordial tones and gentlemanly nature could be switched and adjusted as needed to the situation - but mostly, everyone reacted well to the same basic formula. "It is quite a sight," he indicated, breathing his warm misty breath out as he turned his crown to look at the Arch once more, and the frozen surrounds around them. With an ear quirked to capture anything the other might say, Grimalkin waited, and wondered, who was it that accompanied him today?

@[Karalius]
:D
colourize-stock & larfsalot @deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Karalius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Karalius took the gentle nature towards him from the stocked brute as an invitation to step closer, for now he was still quite a distance from the stranger. The proud dappled stepped light on his daggers that clacked against the hard surface of the cold terraria and it echoed across the glacier, hitting Karalius back in the skull with tiny high pitched drips that had formed from the icicles adorning the glacier. He could make out that the dusky caramel pelt was omitting friendly gestures and to this even a king like Karalius could not feel aggressively towards him.

He worked his way closer and felt the chill of Frostfall piercing through his own clouded pelt. He let out a shiver, not seeming to feel embarrassment for giving away a slight weakness to the cold to his new acquaintance: this brute had powerful pillars stocked with ivory feathers and powerful antlers settled upon a huge, powerful cranium, and for this Karalius thought, a good friend to have in great need with a hint of feeling impressed.

Come to admire the view?

Karalius was now within close range of the stranger and it occurred to the dappled that he spoke with an accent unfamiliar to him. He could tell from his few encounters with Helovians that this caramel brute was not a native whatsoever; his accent a memory of a distant land, he figured.

"Exploring," he dipped his skull again in polite fashion, and reciprocated the warm tone of the brute's with his own, "it is a sight for sore eyes indeed." His golden orbs focussed on the dusky caramel, "I forget my manners; Karalius is my name. And I trust you are not a native to this land, same as I?" he questioned. This encounter was going to be successful, Karalius urged himself to think. His own thoughts were whirling round his head, perhaps it was time to settle for a while and think of establishing his name amongst friends and acquaintances whilst he was still new.

@[Grimalkin] so sorry it took so long! <3