the Rift

The bringer of light{OPEN}

Eveleen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The sky was alight with the colors of morning, swirling like a never ending sea, and a crisp breeze blew and wrapped its invisable arms around all that stood in its path. The trees were much bigger and more spaced out here, while the thick foliage from before was replaced by well trodden ground, that had a kind and friendly vibe. This new land opened quickly, welcoming new inhabitants to their new homes.

Home.

Could this really be a home, a very soft and light voice spoke out in the quiet morning air. The splash of white mass could easily be spotted with its brilliant coat. The dainty mare moved carefully across the ground, trying make each movement perfect. After awhile she stood by a large tree with gnarled roots poking be out the ground, and looked up to the sky to see the sun rising in all its glory. The soft pinks and purples intermingling with the fiery yellows and oranges of the sun.

Eveleen thought of her travels through distant lands and seen many beautiful things, but sun rise was her favorite. She sighed in contentment and relaxed, losing her 'make sure you always look graceful' poster. The mare thought of how long it has been since she has been alone. 

A year

Who would have thought how much could change in a simple year. Looking back its like no time has past at all yet feeling that time crushing down and slowly draining out. Eveleen missed the times with her father were she could spend a few happy moments. Those moments were her simple rays of light in an otherwise dark world. She wondered if she would ever feel like that again. To feel the joy of just being happy. She let a sad smile grace her face. Yes, she thought, one day I will be happy.

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI
Do you still believe in love, I wonder?

Well, this was new. Though she had managed to explore much of Helovia by now, Areli had rarely wandered this way. The dense forests to the east of her home had seemed foreboding, and on most of her expeditions she preferred to investigate the territories that bordered the Falls and the Edge. Having grown up in both forests, it comforted her to see their familiar landscapes at the end of the day. Wander as she may, the girl liked knowing that there was a home to return to when her adventures concluded.

However, today was different. Perhaps it was a touch of spring fever that had caused this restlessness, but this morning she had decided to go east. Rumors had been circulating about a strange new land, and she was curious enough to brush past the apprehension that swirled around her as she entered the dark wood. At first, the forest had been as she had expected: shadows seemed to harbor monsters, and every snapped twig had sent her rushing forward on the deer trail she was following. Sensing her unease, Bee had whined until the girl had picked the golden puppy up by the scruff of her neck and set her atop her narrow back. But then the deer run had widened into a well-tread track, and Areli had discovered the way to the Threshold.

The Threshold was much more pleasant than the Deep Forest through which she had traveled; the trees here were not as close together and enough sunlight filtered through the canopy to allow wildflowers to grow in the gaps. At the sight of the fresh blooms, Bee squirmed and tumbled down from her tenuous perch. Areli giggled as she watched the wolf pup dart around madly, snapping and yipping at the swaying flowers.

She was so caught up in watching the little wolf that at first she did not notice that she was not alone. It was only when Bee stopped her endless chase from bud to bud and trotted towards the newcomer that Areli looked up to see the light form ahead. Lit by the early morning rays, she looked heavenly. Drawn in by the beauty, the filly followed the puppy. “Hello,” she greeted the white mare when she was within earshot. “Are you…are you an angel?”

"speech"

OOC: Welcome to Helovia :D

Image Credit || coding by Tamme
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Unregistered

Eveleen felt the warmth as the sun grew higher in the sky, and smiled at the ground dappled with its light. She was at peace so she bowed her head and munched a little on the fresh green grass nearby, just enjoying the day. With the sound of grass grinding in her jaw, it was hard to listen to see if anybody was near by, but she decided this place looked pretty safe so she concentrated on eating rather than her surroundings

The only warning she got was a rapid swish of grass before the beast appeared... Or maybe not so much of a beast. Eveleen looked at the young wolf pup with confusion. Why would this creature come to me for, she thought silently to herself. It was then she noticed that she wasn't  the only of equine blood near by.

Eveleen seemed to notice the other mare at the same time, and she immediately becoming wary of this new arrival. She watched the silver dapple come closer, noticed to be very young to just be wondering around by herself. The white mare hoped she wasn't trespassing, so she was even more shocked at what the young filly asked if she was an angel. She frowned slightly not knowing how to respond, and she still was a bit skittish, shifting her weight from foot to foo.

N-no, she said then realized her voice was barely above a whisper. She cleared her throat and tried to repeat stronger, no I'm not an angel just a regular equine too, she said a bit louder yet still have her soft quality to it. I'm sorry if I'm intruding in a herd land she also said not liking for a fight with someone so young. Eveleen also wondered if her parents or even other herd members were nearby. 

OOC: thank you very much! I hope I didn't confuse you with this new post

ARELI

The angel-mare’s voice was so soft at first that Areli strained to catch her words. Even after the stranger cleared her throat, her voice did not grow much louder, and so the girl moved forward in an attempt to get closer. “I’m not an angel,” she heard her murmur, and then,  “I’m sorry if I’m intruding in a herd land.”

“Oh,” the filly replied informally, with a casual shrug. She wasn’t sure whose lands these were, but she hadn’t seen any sort of border. The Falls were ringed by cliffs, the Edge had its crumbling glass wall, and the Throat was an island, she remembered. All had warriors who patrolled the outskirts. If they were in a herdland, these leaders weren’t doing a very good job. “If you’re intruding, I guess me ‘n Bee are too.” At the sound of her name, the pup yipped once, then returned to her investigation of the stranger, doing her best to sniff around her hooves. To the Bee, the stranger didn’t smell like any Helovian, and the unusual scent piqued the wolf’s interest. Unconcerned with her companion’s curiosity, Areli only rolled her eyes at the canine once before returning her attention to the mare-who-was-not-an-angel. “Are you exploring, then?” she inquired with a light swish of her tail. It wasn’t often that she came across company in the wild wood, and though the mare claimed that she was nothing special, she still held enough intrigue to capture the filly’s attention. “Or,” she continued, with a note of concern creeping into her childish voice, “Are you lost? If you’re lost, I know the way back home,” she offered. She was sure that should she bring the stranger back to the Falls that Mama would be able to help her sort things out. She said as much, explaining, “My Mama’s a mason for our herd, and she’s seen all of Helovia. She could get you where you want to go,” Areli concluded confidently, heart swelling with pride at the thought of her mother. Yes, if this mare needed help, it would be Mama to the rescue.

"speech"

OOC: Not at all! So excited to meet both of you c:

Unregistered

Eveleen realized that this young fully truly must be exploring all on her own and felt I little potty for the young thing. She remembered what it was like to be alone all to well. Eveleen felt something at her feet and looked down to see the wolf pup that she had accedently forgot about. It seemed interested in her, and gave a little cute yipped when it's friend started to talk.

Eveleen couldn't help but smirk at the little pup before turning her attention to the filly. She was actually aware of relaxing a little bit and she thought maybe she could trust this new comer. 

She asked if she was exploring and was about to answer then she asked if she was lost. Yes, she thought to herself, I've lost my path for awhile now. Eveleen kept the brooding thoughts to herself, not wanting to darken the mood. When the young filly mentioned her mom being a mason for her herd and saying her mom could help, she wondered if there was an implied message of taking her back to her herd lands.

Could this be my chance, could I finally find a home, the thought immediately came to mind. Although she wanted to go, her shy nature had cringing at being around many others. She tried to give herself a pep talk to gain a bit of courage then said, I'm not really lost I'm just looking for a home, and if your mom could that would be splendid, but I don't want you gating in trouble for bringing a strange horse into herd land, her soft voice said just loud enough to be heard.

OOC: thanks and it's great meeting the three of you

ARELI

“I’m not really lost,” came the quiet reply, “I’m just looking for a home.” At the confession, Areli’s head tilted slightly. Did the angel-mare not have a home? It took her by surprise, for no one had said anything of the sort to her ever before. It also made her a little sad for the mare. Areli might wander alone by day, but at night she always had the security of the Falls to return to. What would life be without the familiar cozy sleeping grove where she rested her head? What would life be without family? She shuddered to think of it.

The light pegasus worried aloud that her presence might cause the filly trouble, but she shook her head slightly at the unnecessary caution. “We won’t get in trouble,” she promised her new companion, “Mama will help you, and Kaj won’t mind. He’s nice.” The thought of the gentle king brought a smile to her face. He had always made sure that their family was safe, and this newcomer would be no exception. The adults in her life had a way of sorting things out that the girl trusted without question, and she knew that they were much better equipped to put the quiet stranger at ease. “Besides,” she added reassuringly, “You’re pretty.” Who wouldn’t trust her? The filly was too young to know that things were not always what they seemed; to her, the beautiful pegasus could only be as lovely as her appearance suggested. While her new friend’s timid mannerisms might draw the suspicions of some, the filly had no reason to doubt her good heartedness. So, with a cheerful gesture of the head, Areli signaled to the angel-mare, bidding her to follow. “C’mon,” she called brightly, “I’ll show you the way!”

She was halfway out of the clearing before she remembered something, and silently she thanked the gods that Mama had not come along after all: she had forgotten to introduce herself. Mama always told everyone her name right off, because she said that it was the polite thing to do. But Areli, consumed by questions and curiosity when it came to strangers, often forgot. How horrified her mother would have been by this breach in manners! Feeling a little guilty, the filly turned around again, facing the lost mare. “My name’s Areli, by the way, and this is Bee,” she tells her sheepishly, nodding first at herself and then at the wolf pup. What did Mama usually say after this? Oh right: “’S nice to meet you.”

"speech"

Unregistered
U

The filly had promised she wouldn't get in trouble, and Eveleen didn't doubt it with young pegasus's care free spirit. Eveleen couldn't help but smile at the naiveness of her when she said "besides your pretty." How she wished she could go back to the days where the world was simple and itching could ever go wrong or be misleading.

The filly looked cheerful as she signaled and told her to follow her and she would lead the way. The filly was half way through the clearing when Eveleen finally took the courage to take a step forward. The Young traveler stopped and turned around. Eveleen held her breath , thinking she had lost her chance and the silver dapple horse was going to tell her never mind, when she said her name.

Eveleen picked her paced up and trotted next to her. It's very nice to meet you too Areli, she said then looked down at the pup, and Bee. I'm Eveleen. She said in a happy tone hoping that maybe Areli could become a friend and be the beginning to the end of her loneliness

OOC: I'm sorry if this is short :/