Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
and i will stay up through the night
let's be clear, won't close my eyes
and i know that i can survive
i'll walk through fire to save my life

Two seasons had passed since her rather tumultuous beginning. Or so she had been told. Her newborn mind didn't and couldn't comprehend the panic that had seized her parents when her body failed to breathe right after her birth. In truth, it hadn't really phased her. Her young mind hardly remembered the look on their faces when her first breath expelled the amniotic fluid from her nostrils. Large and childlike, her teal eyes gazed at all the different faces - faces she later knew as her mother, father, brother Arty, and mother's dear friend Brisa. Life didn't slow down afterwards. It wasn't long before the Earth God built the ark to save what was worthy of being saved and wipe the rest of Helovia clean. The bay and white filly had a brief respite then, a time of love and learning - splitting her time between Alysanne and Miykael before the shit hit the fan again.

Mother left with a group, several of which were wearing things - armor, her father later explained. Father tried so hard to wear a smile on his face but she easily sensed his anxiety (father's biggest flaw is that he is an open book - only the dense and socially inept can't tell what he's feeling). Naerys tried to be brave, tried not to worry, but when she finally saw her mother's black and white form slipping through the fog a few days later (she would swear up and down that it had been weeks), she could no longer contain it. Their reunion had been an emotional one, one that washed her clean of the stresses and anxieties she had been dealing with. Ever since then, things had calmed down a bit.

Finally.

The brown and white filly wandered through the trees of her foggy home, oblivious to the fear of the Moon Goddess that had sent most of the herd on a rampage to invade and take over the Hidden Falls. They had fled and, with only two seasons of experience, she couldn't understand why. The fog rolling over the land and hugging the trees, the steep cliff that drops into the ocean, the nearness to the northern mountains - Naerys loves everything about the World's Edge. It is home to her, not just a place.

She wanders, making great effort to keep clear of the crumbled mess of the glass wall. It provided a decent guide for her, at least, showing her exactly where the boundaries are so that she can more efficiently stay exactly where she wanted to. She wasn't ready to leave it yet, perhaps for fear that something would happen to prevent her from coming back. With her brown wings tucked firmly against her sides and a single passionflower tucked into her hair just behind her right ear (carefully placed and woven by mother's little owl, Hemlock), Naerys makes her way towards the cliffs. Vibrant teal eyes, still large with youth, constantly shifting - observant of the smallest flowers, grasses, and pebbles of her beloved home. Her step is bouncy and excited despite the contentment surging through her veins.

Naerys arrives near the cliffs' edge and stops, enjoying the sea breeze as it slides its' fingers through her hair and tickles her feathers. She is surprisingly alone, even her parents' bird companions are nowhere to be seen. There is no trace of fear in her, though. She is calm. She is content. She is at home.

@[Torleik]

you did not break me
i'm still fighting for peace
Image Credits

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Little ones should not be alone

Torleik held just about as much understanding of the World's Edge departure as the small filly did. Gods were fickle and temperamental - did the herds truly think that their patron god or goddess would always look on them with favor, that disputes between the immortal deities would never spill over into the mortal realm? Such fleeting, ignorant fools. That the Moon Goddess was involved with the many murders did not perturb him, if he truly thought about it now. The gods had their plans, their divine paths for the world, for those who lived in it, and they also had their own agendas.

To think they never fought amongst themselves or needed to punish one another was...a strange view of the gods indeed, but Torleik supposed some thought of the immortals as infallible creatures. To be here, now, in the land of the Moon Goddess, to be walking in the fog that shifted and moved in whorls, experiencing the peace and tranquility of the trees and cliffs and living at the edge of the world...

The snow felt like home, but this place stirred part of his soul. Surely the Moon Goddess would be pleased he had fought to lead her land? He still owed her a debt, but surely this was...not praiseworthy, but worthy of approval? Torleik did not need her to come waltzing out of the trees to tell him he had done well but he hoped she had taken note of his willingness to follow his duty and put himself in the optimal place to repay his part of the bargain. Somewhat tired from recent events, the Bloodskald yawned slightly, noticing a figure out of the corner of his eye.

It was a child, and he cocked his head to the side. Clearly the babe was weaned, as it was wandering about by itself; Torleik hoped the child had not lost parents in the invasion and subsequent battles. Curiously, as the child seemed to have a particular path set in mind, the king followed her at a distance, wondering where she might be going. She was following the glass wall, more or less, he surmised, and after a while he guessed her final destination was the cliffs - hopefully just to look out.

Still. A child by herself on the cliffs was inherently dangerous, and the older male wanted to make sure she was all right. "Hello, little one," he called softly. "What are you doing out here all alone?" Torleik was rather fond of children and it had been some time since he'd had the pleasure of interacting with them; his demeanor was warm and inviting now, happy to see the next generation of the herd.

@[Naerys]

"talk talk talk"

Art by Veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

and i will stay up through the night
let's be clear, won't close my eyes
and i know that i can survive
i'll walk through fire to save my life

Naerys knew very little about the Helovian gods, though learning about them hadn't exactly been a high priority. Her parents were foreigners with very different backgrounds, as such they didn't have much knowledge of the Helovian gods. With the conclusion of the invasion and the subsequent shift in power, the filly had every intention of learning more about her homeland. For that is what it is; she had been born here, after all. Her desire to know it from the inside out is strong, stronger still is her desire to learn what she can about the four gods. For now, however, she settles for mapping out the land. The cliffs, no matter how dangerous they might be, are certainly next on her list. The fact that it was her father's favorite place in the World's Edge is enough to elicit her interest and curiosity.

What did he love so much about the cliffs?
Why did he spend so much of his time out here, away from the trees?

Of course, only he could provide her with the answers but that would be too simple. She didn't want the simplicity. She doesn't want the easy road. She wants to learn. So, she continues on - oblivious to the figure following behind. Naerys doesn't notice him, not until she's stopped and he calls out to her. He is large, decidedly taller than herself with two horns atop his head and a braided beard beneath his chin. He is sturdy and impressive though his voice is soft and his demeanor is warm. Naerys finds herself quickly relaxing in his presence; no intimidation, no fear.

Shifting, the filly turns herself towards him then stands still. It isn't long before the flowers begin to grow from the ground surrounding her hooves and bloom. The large purple and white blossoms are difficult to miss - unless you've already seen them every day of your life. "Oh, hello." she responds quickly, her voice light and friendly. "I'm just... exploring. Momma's a moon doctor... or, at least, she was. Before the invasion." she adds, glancing down at her flowers and poking at the blooms idly with a hoof. After a moment, teal eyes gaze up at him once again. "I've never seen you here before. I'm Naerys. Who're you?" she punctuates the simple question with a slight tilt of her head, curiosity clearly written upon her face. Perhaps he could help her on her journey for knowledge.

@[Torleik]

you did not break me
i'm still fighting for peace
Image Credits

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
unarchived per request
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik

There was something special about this little filly, and though he was observant, he didn't quite catch it at first. Such a common thing, flowers and plants on the ground, but to find them suddenly around a child where they weren't before? It took his brain a moment to process this shift, and when it did, he gazed curiously at the newly sprouted beauties from the ground. Fascinating. The little one answered his query with a happy tone, indicating her mother is - was - a Moon Doctor before the battles. Interesting. 

"What is your mother's name? Maybe she's still here. If not, I bet you I know where she's gone - but I doubt she'd leave you behind," he rumbled, trying to be comforting. Though, this Naerys didn't seem all that perturbed by the idea of an invasion. The resilience of children was always amazing. "That's because I haven't been around before. I'm the new king, and my name is Torleik." Pausing, he looked down at the flowers she was poking at once more. "Do you make those come out of the ground?" He knew she did, but he didn't know if the child understood she did. 

Their little exchange would continue; he had a few other things to say, thoughts worming around in his brain, ones he wasn't necessarily proud of. Children, they were young, impressionable. They would be easiest to help him complete his part of the bargain he'd struck with this land's patron goddess. Taking advantage made his skin crawl but wasn't it better to have those within this land faithful, rather than doubting? Rationalization wouldn't help. This task was distasteful but he'd agreed to it. He was bound. There was no turning back now. 

@Naerys

OOC: I am so sorry I suck so much.
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

WE HELD TOGETHER THE FRAGILE SKY TO KEEP OUR WAY OF LIFE

She hardly noticed the flowers springing from the ground around her hooves anymore. They always grew around her - as far back as she can remember and further, according to the stories her mother and father told. Long before her first breath, the large purple passionflowers had sprung around her. Life surrounding the moistened form of the newborn though still filly. They'd thought her  dead at first, her first breath so delayed as to temporarily devastate her parents. But the flowers still grew. She understood enough to know that they were somehow connected to herself but she didn't understand the usefulness of passionflowers. So when the stallion's gaze drifted to the ground at her hooves, she knew he'd noticed them. Everyone always noticed them.

She beamed at him when his focus returned to her. The small brown and white filly felt comfortable around this large, black stallion. It was strange, really, that she didn't worry. It wouldn't take much for someone of his size and stature to shove her over the edge of the cliffs. Despite the deep, rumbling voice; he gave her the impression of a big, soft, loveable teddy bear. She would be far more surprised if he did try to harm her. So when he asked for her mother's name, she didn't even hesitate. When she spoke to him, she spoke freely and with ease; as though she'd known him since her birth. "Her name's Alysanne." she answers, pausing briefly. "I know she's still here. She's just... busy." the girl adds nonchalantly, a statement that would have accompanied a shrug of her shoulders. Mother wouldn't leave her behind. Never. She also knew that the odds of her mother leaving the Edge were slim. So slim as to be nonexistent, really. The only question she had was whether or not her mother had kept her position.

It is easier, perhaps, for the filly to talk of the invasion so easily and so relaxed because she hadn't seen the carnage of the battle. Had she been in the Falls during the attack... well, things might be a bit different. Fear and anxiety might be the emotions associated with the mere word 'invasion'. She had watched them leave, watched as they marched out of the Edge and towards the east. That in and of itself wasn't enough to really drive the worst of the situation home. She didn't see the fighting or blood spilling. She wasn't there to witness the fear or anger. Without that part of the experience, Naerys could remain so easily detached from it all.

Perhaps that old saying really is true - ignorance is bliss.

The stallion speaks again, and her eyes widen in surprise. "Oh! she practically squeaks. Here she was, face-to-face with her new king. The young girl has no clue how to behave around kings or queens, so she freezes in place for a moment - uncertainty rising in her chest. "Uh...Sir...no, King...uh..." she fumbles embarrassingly over her words, desperate for the correct term. Flustered, she can feel the heat rising in her cheeks and her heart pounding in her chest. Fortunately, he returned his attention to her flowers. She sighs softly, thankful for the subject change. "I... think so...?" she answers him, gazing at her king and tilting her head in curiosity. Though her answer isn't quite an answer. Her lack of knowledge about them is clear. "Mama said they've been growing around me since I was born." she adds, though that still didn't truly answer his question. Not really. They've always followed her around but did that mean she made them grow? Her eyes narrowed as she lowered her head to more closely inspect the passionflower blooms, as though they somehow held the answer.

Her patience and attention begin to wane, though. The flowers weren't giving her the answers so she snorts at one in mild irritation before raising her head once more. Her face twists into a more serious expression - one mixed with sadness, concern, and a just a hint of underlying curiosity. "Why?" she asks, her brow furrowing with concentration. "Why did they attack?" she elaborates, sorrow creeping into her teal hued eyes. She trusted him to not sugar-coat things like mother did, trusted him to tell her the truth; even if the truth was that he didn't know.

N A E R Y S
Image Credits

@Torleik

OOC: you do not suck! <3 so excited for this.