the Rift

[OPEN] End of a Journey

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Home. Was I really finally here? I have been gone for months now. After the death of my Mother and the fact my Father was missing.... Well you can say I kind of lost it. I had not only wandered from the Basin, but from Helovia too. Strange world outside of here. Full of hornless and winged alike. But not just them. There are strange two legged creatures as well. I don't know what they are called, just that I will forever stay clear of them. The last few who had followed me seemed to of lost my trail the moment I re-entered Helovia. I am grateful for this, as I am weak and tired from running so long and hard. The very tip of my horn has been broken off. One of the two legged's have it I'm sure. I had to fight them for my freedom. The story of that fight is written in scars across my frame. I am lucky none struck my face. At least I am still beautiful there.

I stop, uncertain as I reach the sentinels. Would I be welcomed back like the wayward child that I am? Or had things changed so much within the Basin that I would be turned away. I still have a horn, even if it is chipped slightly. I am still a daughter born in the cold north. I whinny, starting off softly at first. Then letting the call grow a bit louder before taking a few more steps. I glance once more to the sentinels, wanting to move on past them but unsure they would not attack me if I did. If they were to attack, I don't think I will be capable in my current state to fend them off.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Mirabella's comin home! - Open to all
Tagging incase you want to post @[Déodat] @[Arya] @[Hotaru]

Mirabella
x - x

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru
and Alice

Chilled wind played in little curls and rolls against the maiden's colorful coat and delicate frame, whisking away the natural heat of her body to inspire tiny shivers. Winter was approaching, the slow serpent that it was. Once upon a time Hotaru had been a daughter of the wilds, belonging to the trees and meadows and greenery of the world. How she had ended up in the Auroras was a long, delicate story that only she and one other were privy to. But her father had lived in the Basin, had sworn eternal fealty to Mauja - a man she still had yet to meet, for all the talk her father had of him upon his tongue. Tolio had been a ghost to her, but she had known his face, just as she had known her mother's. Perhaps Phaedra had been more substantial in her life, but not by much. The damsel had raised herself, alone in her unlocked, unguarded tower. And when she had learned to swing herself from the precipice with her given locks, trusting only in herself and what she'd learned as she'd free-fallen, Hotaru had never looked back. She had taken a silver dagger to her hair and walked away with it in hand, barefoot and unprepared but tired of being unwanted and unloved.

Life had not been kind to her in many ways, but she had triumphed over them all, a beautiful queen deserving of her status and renown. Though she tried to keep Arya from those pains, her daughter had nearly been killed already. Raeru had been orphaned immediately after birth, as well. Mirabella...Hotaru did not know the little girl as well as she had always desired, once she'd discovered the lass was Deodat's. She had tried to keep an eye on her, especially when Deodat had disappeared and Arya had returned bloody and on the reaper's doorstep. But the filly had disappeared without a trace, and Hotaru could not leave her post nor her daughters to search for the wayward child, though she would occasionally wonder and worry about her.

Perhaps life had steered the filly the way Hotaru's had, and she had free fallen into a place the she-wolf could not reach her. The Impersonator only prayed (what little that meant anymore, with how her Goddess had betrayed her and killed her parents as reward for her dedication) that the silver dagger was also in Mirabella's little hands, to service and protect her as it had Hotaru.

Maybe the girl was on her mind because Fate knew what lay ahead of her. Though she was not often forced to patrol due to having other duties, Hotaru still took it upon herself sometimes, needing to stretch her legs and be alone at odd moments. She was a complex creature, and even she could not comprehend the labyrinth she'd become by lying to herself so effectively that she had begun to believe it. The sound pricked Alice's ears first, and Hotaru looked down at the smoking, smoldering pup with a curious eye. Only then did the slowly echoing sound reach her own audits, and the mare frowned curiously and lifted her pearly tiara towards the horizon.

In tandem, mare and beast advanced towards the noise, curiosity and duty driving them forth through the snow and rocky tundra. Perhaps a visitor? It had come from the direction of the Sentinels, after all. Creasing the hill she gazed down the winding path, the lonely little figure that stood hesitantly before her eyes, dark against the pale backdrop. For a moment, Hotaru stood there, silent and transfixed by the sight before her, until it all shattered. "Mirabella?" It left her lips in disbelief, but her hooves were already moving without her consent, drawing her quickly down the mountainside to the filly's side. She hesitated only a moment, wanting to throw her neck round the little one's withers but refraining. You're not her mother. Instead the thrust her muzzle out, nares wide and drinking in the child's scent, offering it to touch and reunite. "You're alive," she breathed.

Image by Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
Did a mother’s love run deeper than any other? Was it true that she loved more than a father? Déodat was truly unsure. For since his return he couldn’t help but feel the weight of worry upon his shoulders. The stress of what had befallen his eldest daughter. While Arya thrived within the rigid north, who knew where Mirabella was. Had she gotten hurt? Was she even alive. All the questions wracking his mind and it hurt. Stung like a dagger driving it’s way through his heart and gradually eating away at what remained. Was it wrong of him to not be content with his daughter that remained? Or was it acceptable he longed to see the face of his eldest girl?
Mirabella weighed heavily upon him for some reason. His eyes hollow and mind in distant places. What if the Moon Goddess had taken his child? What if she had been a hidden corpse left alone to be nothing but ash? The fear caught in his throat and he could almost feel tears swelling up. But he wouldn’t cry. No, he might be a man of passion but he wasn’t one of such petty weaknesses. No, he would remain strong and cling to the thin thread of hope that his daughter would return.
What if all of this is because I failed her as a father? He asked Odette as he came up near the entrance. He stopped for a moment when he a pair of figures off in the distance. The call hadn’t gone unnoticed by his ears, and obviously not others as one appeared to be Hotaru, and the other remained unfamiliar. Quietly he crept forward with both ears perked in curiosity. It was when he drew closer that the composure on his face broke and emotion consumed him. Relief, guilt, love, and other things he couldn’t quite pin down.

“Mira,” he muttered. He ran to her and he could hear Odette yelp with delight. He brushed passed Hotaru, paying her little mind for the moment. All he did was take in the sight of his daughter, his typical frown etched away from his face. “Oh my gods, Mira.” Questions spiral through his mind, but for the moment he remains still and silent.

@[Mirabella] @[Hotaru]
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

I was startled as a hellhound and mare bound towards us. My body freezes, tensing and ready for a beating if I was not welcome. I step back, visably flinching as she stops short and says my name like a question. My ears flick forward as I look at her through my violet rimmed aqua eyes. She knew me, and I know her only by name. I whisper softly. "Barely, but yes." I reach forward and accept the touch. The first connection between the mare and I. I speak again softly. "Are you Arya's Momma?" They look a lot alike, much like I favor Daddy. But Arya has some of Daddy's looks too. A pang deep inside reminds me that my Momma is gone. That half of the pair that would of protected me no matter what was gone forever.

Speaking of him... I flinch at first as I hear yelp from a dog's mouth. Had I been followed?! Had I lead them right back to my home for them to take us all?! No, it was coming from within the Basin. It was only then that I saw him. "Daddy." I move forward, eager to greet the only living parent I had left. Tear well up in the corners of my eyes. I was home. I was home! I push forward to try and place my chest to his. I push my smaller frame against his just to make sure it was real. That he was really hear. I wince however, some of the fresher wounds hurting from the sudden movement. "I never knew the world outside of Helovia could be so much more brutal."

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

@[Déodat] @[Hotaru]

Mirabella
x - x

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru
and Alice

To see her flinch away caused pain in Hotaru's heart, both as a Basin member and as a mother. She frowned softly, eyes sympathetic and mouth twisted in compassion. The maiden could recall all too well the horrors of the wilds, of living in them too young, too fragile. Outside of Helovia? Well, Hotaru had never seen it as a native, but it made her skin tremble and shiver with the mere idea. Wherever Mirabella had found herself, it had clearly done her no favors, physically or psychologically. "Go, fetch me Yarrow and All-Heal. Or Lena, should you find her first." After Arya had collapsed on the borders, rightfully dead, Hotaru had taken a few lessons from Lena. There was never any harm in rounding out her knowledge after all, and if she could implement it to ease any of Mirabella's pain she would.

Alice ran off with a yip of understanding, bypassing Deodat as she departed. "Yes, I'm Arya's momma. My name is Hotaru," she clarified, voice soft and eyes following. She knew what it was to fear, to doubt and flinch away, and she wanted to ease and remove those fears. Especially from a girl who just as easily could have been her own daughter in another life and time. Deodat by then had registered just who Hotaru was speaking to, and the lass moved quietly out of the way for the reunion to take place. It was the least she could do, for she had no ties to either of them truly. Though she cared for Deodat, they had never proclaimed any sort of love for each other, and Hotaru doubted she even could. Mirabella hardly knew her as it was. So she moved aside and faded away, quietly awaiting Alice's return, which came rather swiftly.

The pup was clearly awkward, holding the herbs within her teeth while trying simultaneously to not slobber all over them. It endeared Hotaru further, but she accepted the bundle with gratitude that was welcomed with a burst of pride from the pup. Taking them into her own teeth she chewed them to a pulp, carefully placing them on one of the leaves she had not drawn into her mouth in order to speak to Mirabella. "Hold still, darling," she murmured, the endearment coming naturally to her.

Drawing the mixture back to her lips she turned and placed the mixture gently upon any open wound and scratch that she could find, wishing she could take away the scars that she was too late to have healed. Stepping back, knowing her touch was likely unwelcome with the anxiety the youth was probably feeling, the maiden wiped her mouth into the snow to rid herself of the disgusting mixture and quietly watched the rest of the reunion with quiet, concerned eyes.

Image by Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!