the Rift

[OPEN] Farewell to Faith

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

Night time had fallen around the lands, swallowing up the light with an insatiable greed only to cover up the remnants with a cloak of darkness. Many animals had wisely returned home hours ago,  allowing for the nocturnal predators to resume their prowls. I was ever grateful for the night, now more than ever thanks to the strange sensitivity that had overcome me after the battle with the mutated wolf and the Moon Goddess. That would be the last time I ever did a God or Goddess any fucking favors, taking on unnecessary risks to attempt to protect a Goddess that did not seem to appreciate my efforts. Not only did I walk away feeling as though I was nothing more than a shadow, something I was usually proud of, but there was a bitterness in my heart as others actually received gifts. Want to know what glorious gift I managed to get? Nothing. A big fat, voluptuous pile of nada.

No, no that is  not entirely true. I did manage to walk away with one thing, a damned illness that I had never in my life even witnessed before. After I had stormed into the shadows of the strange bamboo forest, I had noticed that everything...Everything seemed too bright, like my eyes had dilated for no reason. Then I noticed I started getting the sniffles, a strange aftertaste was constantly lingering in my mouth no matter how much water I downed,  and there was the ever constant sensation of something on my face. Eventually, I had felt the need to spit something out of my mouth. The substance that spewed from my lips was vile, disgusting and intriguing. Never before had I seen such a thick, dark saliva come from the mouth of any creature, a slime that was too thick to be the effects of something I ate. But when I rubbed the side of my face along the inside of my leg,  I discovered that my eyes and nostrils were also leaking this same substance, the evidence left smeared along my right foreleg.

What in the flying fuck had happened to me was more strange than anything that happened to me in another life, and I actually began to think that it might be continued delayed affects from my travels through a Rift many years ago. Much like the flame-like horns had grown from the split skin of my muzzle, perhaps this was just a sign that my mutations were not over. As night time had choked away the daylight, my eyesight drastically improved at a rate that was surely impossible for any equine. I found myself able to pick out the individual patterns of the bark of each tree,  small animals such as rabbits and mice could be seen from a remarkable distance with any little movement. It didn't matter that it was a dark night, my eyes seemed to draw in any reflected moon and starlight and granted me the gift of an owl's eyesight.

While my eyesight had improved, my sense of smell was damn near obsolete. It was discomforting, being unable to sniff for the scent of unwanted guests on the wind before I could see or hear them. The black slime that dripped from my nares must have something to do with it. For whatever reason, it was annoying as hell. Yes, this was the thanks I received for assisting the Moon Goddess. Mark my words, I would not make the mistake of offering my help to those unworthy again. My lips pulled back in a silent snarl at the thought, ears pinning back into my tousled mane as I spat more of the slime out on the earth.

OOC: Open! Panzram has GLL - and now has the side affects of completely lost sense of smell, and the eyesight of an owl. @Random Event for anyone that joins.

Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Dovahkiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

lingraav yolos ag kilmin nau strunmah reid.
nevonaar bo voknau lok

The dragonborn is no stranger to the night, no stranger to the darkness. She rather prefers it. Finds solace and comfort in its cool embrace. The darkness is familiar to her, perhaps more-so than even the light of day. Her mostly black coat helped her blend in, only her green eyes and vivid white stripes fighting the shadow's hold. Using it to her advantage is the only way she's able to survive on her own in the wilderness. So far, she's been successful but she owes most of her success to her ability to quickly adapt. Well, that and her innately selfish personality. Her loyalty is to herself alone; her thoughts centering around her own needs and desires. Life is short and cruel, there is no sense in worrying over someone else - someone that surely has an agenda of their own.

All creatures use one another for their own gain.
All creatures are selfish; they just don't all embrace it so fully as Dovahkiin.

The darkness in Helovia holds its' fair share of predators. Each one searching for their next meal and many of them searching for the easiest meal, the greatest return on the investment. The dragonborn's smaller stature should have made her more of a target but she'd fought hard enough to keep them at bay, to make herself a horrible investment. Desperation would break that contract but with birdsong transitioning to tallsun, there are far easier and much more satisfying meals to obtain. The black mare, with her hard muscles and large antlers, could hold her own: the red staining her coat is strangely, and coincidentally, symbolic of the carnage she'd inflicted back home. Even still, she hadn't been banished. She'd simply slipped into shadows and left.

As darkness of night settled in over Helovia, the dark mare's black hooves thump softly against the grassy terrain. The dragonborn moves swiftly but quietly, heading back towards the trees where her life here began. Clouds shift to cloak the stars, making it a bit more difficult for her to see. She knows the path well enough, having spent all of her time creating a mental map of this new world, and likely could have made her way to her destination blindfolded. Her heart, it seems, knows the way. She lopes across wide open fields, through meadows and over streams until she reaches the tree line of the deep forest. She slows, transitioning to a careful walk. Each hoof is carefully and methodically placed - attempting to avoid the driest underbrush and twigs. She isn't completely silent, as that would be impossible without the magic she'd had back home. Without the magic that Helovia stripped from her.

Dovahkiin slipped skillfully through the trees, careful to avoid banging her large antlers against the trunks. At first, everything she sees is familiar and fully expected - trees, grasses, bushes, the usual forest bits and pieces. After a few moments, however, something unexpected blocks her path. No. Not something but rather, someone. As she moves a bit closer, she inhales deeply and samples the air. Intermingling with all the usual earthy smells is something distinctly masculine. It's thick and heady enough to cause her to pause. Her eyes examine him from a distance and she can't help but notice how tall he is and that his back is to her. Curiously, she moves to the right and circles around to the side. The dragonborn looks him over quietly, her gaze inevitably stopping to focus on something dark and somewhat shiny staining his nose and seemingly oozing from his eyes. "Fosro folaas voth hi?" she asks, her voice gravelly and innately laced with sultry undertones. "What's wrong with you, stranger?" she clarifies, remembering rather belatedly that she hadn't found anyone that understood the Thu'um.

DOVAHKIIN
image credit

Translations:
Fosro folaas voth hi? = What's wrong with you?

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Dovahkiin has contracted GLL.

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

The silence of the night was broken the sound of someone approaching, my ears flicking back to the hoofsteps of an intruder behind me, pinning firmly with my own frustration at being unable to smell the air for clues as to who it was. My neck snapped back as I sought out the figure of whoever dared to sneak up without warning, dark eyes sending a burning glare as they landed on a striped mare with an impressive rack. (Ha.) My crown rose skeptically as she stared at my face, my nose scrunching and a lip pulling back in a sneer as a strange language escaped her lips. Had I lost my ability to hear as well? Had this sickness infected my ability to comprehend basic speech? No, I realized it hadn't as she spoke again in a tongue more familiar to me.

I was silent for a moment, pondering over whether or not she would be worth it to bother answering. Many a mare around here and proven to be more hassle than they were worth, what would make this stranger any different? My eyes scanned over her relatively short frame, hovering over her stocky curves as my improved eyesight took in every dip and slope of muscle underneath her coat before rising up her neck to settle on the vivid emerald of her eyes. "This-" I barely managed to hack out before it triggered a coughing fit, finally able to spit out another glob of the slime. "This is the thanks I get for helping out a Goddess, a disease that's started spreading around like wildfire. Hell, it's probably already too late for you."

I snorted at my last statement, as though already deciding that she was too weak to resist the disease and whipping my tail along my flank. I would not apologize to her if she caught it, it was her own fault for sneaking up on the devil at night. But, I did decide to give her a little warning, my tone becoming just a bit more solemn and quiet. "Nothing has helped as of yet." My gaze drifted away from her as I wondered if finding a healer would be able to help, but ultimately decided to drop that idea and brought my focus back to the vixen that had so foolishly chosen to join me in the night.

"Who are you?" The question slipped out with great curiosity as I stepped forward, orbs narrowing slightly as I gauged her reaction. Was she truly foolish as I had first made her out to be? Or was she more than she let on to believe, a rarity among women these days? "Are you the lost little deer, falling victim to what draws you in during the night?" I pressed on, beginning to circle around her as I studied her body language and testing her capabilities to handle herself in the sudden change of focus and tone. "Or..." Rounding around to her other side, I stretched my neck out to whisper to her, glancing up to be ever mindful of the antlers on the top of her head before further playing my words on her appearance. "Are you the tigress, braving the shadows and the demons without fear?"

@Dovahkiin
Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Unarchived per request