the Rift

:: Prize Suggestions! ::

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Some of you may have seen that we have two, excellent new contests up based on your ideas about SWPs! There are more details to come as this is only phase one, but rest assured that the admin have picked out some key events from your suggestions.

1. Because many of our non-artists have indicated frustrations with lack of non-art related events, we have decided to try isolating these two and not allowing crossovers. Please let us know what you think about this decision! (Contest links below)
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=19426
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=19427

2. What kind of prizes would you like to see? (From this contest or in the future)
- One-of-a-kind items? (suggestions please!)
- The traditional items
- Magic?
- Maybe instead of an OOC prize it becomes an IC related event between your character, the gods and the SWP?

All ideas are welcome!

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
1. I think this is fair but I am sad you can't enter both a little just because I love contests. xD

2. For one of a kind: A companion that is discovered in one of the new lands IC by a character of the winning player that is brand new and unique to the new land! IE, if it is a tropical land then sort of tropical creature like a hippgriff that is modeled after a toucan. If it is a cave, maybe a basilisk! If it's a swamp, maybe a crazy crocodile with wings! Just thoughts!

I also really like the idea of an IC related event, which is part of why I incorporated it in the above. If it is a magic prize, then they should get it IC in a cool way too, I think.

SO EXCITED FOR THIS!

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Zahra Posts: 64
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 2 Years
Hanna :: Common Kitsune :: Fire & Ilham :: Bark Spider :: None Riven
1) Thank youuuuuu!

2) Maybe one-off items with a special enchantment and name (Exclusive like Legend Titles) might be nice. They could be part of an IC interaction with the gods that tie in with the SWP?

I am COMPLETELY in love with and am stalking Roskuld's latest quest for Sparkmarrow you know. Very cool and totally where this idea came from >_____>

I will add examples as I think of them but toddler singing along to Dora the Explorer is not very inspiring right now.

(maybe also something unique for the entries that place last like a temporary health complication relevant to the SWP, lol - like strangles - that spans the length of the plot... I think I'm obsessed)

I like one-off companions as mentioned by Jen too. (Last placers could have fleas for the plot!)

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
1. Because many of our non-artists have indicated frustrations with lack of non-art related events, we have decided to try isolating these two and not allowing crossovers. Please let us know what you think about this decision!
Great idea!!! At first I was annoyed that you couldn't enter both, but after understanding the reason, I support it.

2. What kind of prizes would you like to see? (From this contest or in the future)
- One-of-a-kind items? (suggestions please!)
- The traditional items
- Magic?
- Maybe instead of an OOC prize it becomes an IC related event between your character, the gods and the SWP?

I really really really Like what Riven said about special enchanted & named items, like god artifacts/steeped in old Helovia history or something. It's so cool 8D

I also think a prize for enchantment of items would be really helpful! So not a custom item, and not a regular item, but a prize to enchant a current regular item - you can dot hat currently via VOTG, but just like your character can earn magic at VOTG, sometimes it's nice to just win magic too and not have to quest.

On a related note, item augmentation? It'd basically be like, passive magic for items. More decorative, than useful, so they could be added on top of enchantment. An example being like glowing, harmless fire/lightning/water (any element really) runs along the length of the item.

Also what about a prize for companion magic? Now that normal companions earn their magic like characters do at VOTG, it seems like it could be a useful prize :)

Last but not least, I really like those cute little trinkets sometimes given out at drops or SWP stuff. Like the markings earned by the sun god burns, the little glowy things won for the shipping plot, godly feathers or flowers or tokens or whatever - they've not really useful, but they're special and fun and I love them <3
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Talion Posts: 12
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16,3 :: 4 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Unknown :: Wolverine :: None Tailormade
Prize suggestions: God's blood, companion magic, companion markings, companion passive magic?

I also like the spesial artifact idea, but in my opinion there shouldn't be too many or be better stat-wise than the items we already have. They could be enchanted and stuff though!

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
I personally love magic prizes, as well as mythical companions. They're things you could get in a drop, but still relatively hard to obtain.
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!