the Rift

[OPEN] Fodder and water

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost

He had been running around like crazy trying to gather new recruits for his family, now it was time to meet more of them. The colt started out flying over the sand searching for an interesting place and learning the layout better. Spring was here in it's entirety, well here anyway. Grass and flowers were growing everywhere; the scent of it intoxicating. Unable to hold his growling belly at bay any longer the teal marked colt heading towards the oasis. A soft thump meant he had found his landing strip. Silver eyes gazed around the small lush clearing before lowering his head. He wasn't sure why but this was the best grass he had ever eaten.  His long tail swished at the small newly hatched flies buzzing around his butt. What was with flies and butts anyway? Rolling his eyes the boy focused on eating.

Once he had his fill the wondered towards the water. Even the cool clean water tasted better than any he had sampled before. Satisfied he raised his head proudly wondering if he would spend the day alone or if another would find him here. Sighing softly he turned inward. Now he had a home, and tried to gather people, it was time for him to think about what position he wanted to hold. His mother had been a warrior before she had him, and a little afterwards, then she had switched to a glazier. Ciceron was a warrior, he was sure Kaj had been as well, before he became a leader. Well leader was out of his grasp, and he wasn't ready for that kind of responsibility anyway. So what did that leave him? A healer, warrior, crafter, or the goddly person. The latter did not tickle his fancy at all. Yes he loved the Sun God, but he didn't want to devote himself that deeply. Lost in thought the boy cocked his back hoof sending the metal and chain boots upon his front legs clinking.

Speech
Tag;; Open @Ampere
Words;;  331
Notes;; Not my best, but it'll get better <3His voice
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

With the arrival of birdsong came the start of many of Ampere's favorite things. She was truly a mare of the summer, and was more than happy to shake off winter for another year. Embracing the warming season she had taken to spending her morning napping in the sun. Once thoroughly rested and warmed, she took to rolling a few times, her coat itching as it gradually sloughed off the extra layers it had grown for Frostfall. Full of grit and heat Ampere stood, shook, then plodded towards the oasis for the final bit of the summer routine.

It was perhaps a bit too early yet; the chill of the water as she waded into it reminded her of such, but as stubborn as ever she paid it no heed. Winter had been so fierce this year, that she was running into Birdsong just as madly, trying to will summer into existence. Her bath was faster than they would be once the sun reigned, but she still sparked up a tune as she swam and washed, water shuffling between her wings and dripping off the wagging of tail feathers. her hairs drifted and weaved in the pool as she maneuvered, and bit by bit the crust of winter was drowned out of her.

It was then, as she was stepping from the shallows to bake in the limited sun of spring, that Ampere saw the boy. Languidly she approached him as he drank, calling out a "Hello," as she didn't recognize him. Though, she didn't pay much mind to the youth of the herd, but this one seemed nearly old enough to take rank. Had he been here since birth? She shook her head, sighing softly. "Nice day isn't it?"

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost

He sighed quietly watching the clear pool before him. There were so many options for the young stallion, how was he going to pick between the all? He took a deep breath and closed his silver eyes for a minute relaxing.It wasn't long before the sandy pelted boy heard splashing. Eyes opened and ears flick forward as a black and blue mare waded into the water. It sounded like a good idea, but he didn't want to interrupt her relaxation time. She was beautiful small yet powerful looking. Realizing what he was doing, the colt looked away. That would be the icing on the cake right? Be caught peeping at a mare, like a common pervert.

Trying to look like he was doing anything besides creeping, he dipped his head towards the water again. The he noticed her walking towards him he smiled kindly and dipped his head at her greeting. "Hello Miss." He gazed up at the bright sky and smiled before turning back to her. "It is a very nice Birdsong day. I have to say this is my favorite time of year." Silver turned towards her startlingly blue. She had very unique  electric blue lightning markings on her face, and blue marked wings, and tail feathers. Ilios had never seen such a thing before, but he sure liked them.

Remembering the manners Parelia had pounded into his head he bowed slightly before his bass voice rang out again, "Excuse my manners Miss. My name is Ilios, I just joined the family a few days ago." Smiling as he rose the colt looked her over again curiously a question burning on his lips. "I have a problem that I'm trying to solve. I've just turned old enough to pick a rank and I'm uncertain what all the Throat has to offer." He watched her hopefully, not expecting her to just pick for him. Of course he would take what she had to say into consideration.

Speech
Tag;; @Ampere
Words;;  328
Notes;; His voice
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

"Mines Tallsun," she admitted to him with a wink. "Although it does get rather hot here, it's nice to feel it so close, so warm." Maybe it was because it reminded her of Gaucho, the extreme heat and the encompassing feeling? Better not to delve too deep into those thoughts right now...

Shaking her head, Ampere's focus returned to Ilios as he introduced himself. "Welcome then Ilios, and I'm glad to hear you call it a family already. You'r a dragon brother now, and I your sand sister - I'm Ampere, Mother of Companions, Gladiator and Chancellor here in the Throat." She was not normally one to give her name so easily, much less her mouthful of titles. She was being informative though, not prideful, and felt the manners and idle chatter were well earned given his own respect and genuine immersion into the herd.

"Have you already learned of your sultan, gaucho the Wildfire, and sultana, Megaera the Sunspear?" It was important to know who governed you, least of all so you wouldn't make a fool before them.

At his question, one that appeared so simple but was much more than that, Ampere paused to give her answer proper thought. "We've got most disciplines to meet the needs of a herd and the passion of its people. Crafters, for those who love to create and imagine something into existence - ours work with metal here, our biggest resource. Cera the Golden prince leads them as our forger. Then there's the disciples, who work for our patron god, the Sun, who oversees light and fire. The diviner is capable of speaking to him every so often, gleaning wisdom and spreading it throughout the herd - Maren serves the position well, and has good advice if you seek it." Ampere smiled, remembering the stern mare and the wonderful if insecure boy.

"There's spies of course, who's talents in theft can help aid our herd and thwart other thieves that bear similar minds. Their ability to sneak around helps us gain intel as well to keep ourselves safe. Essetia just recently took the role as Sleuth. If you have a smooth tongue but are less inclined for those deeds, there are some roles in the governing of the herd you might take. Our sultan and sultana for instance deal with relations among the other three herds in Helovia. They oversee herd safety, and their decisions guide us. As Chancellor, I do my best to keep them knowledgeable on occurrences within the herd and offer my opinion if they need it. They are just though, and are willing to listen to anyone who would speak with them." She still hadn't formed an opinion on Essetia, who had seemingly gone into hiding after defeating Bucephalus, but then that's why spies did best so perhaps it was a good sign.

"If you've a softer spot and an eye for plants and alchemy, then healers might suit you, always mending physical injuries and any ailments or illnesses. They're very knowledgeable on herbs, particularly our long standing Sun Physician Sikeax. On the opposite spectrum, there's our warriors. They're charged with protecting the herd from threats and defending our borders and our name. They work hard to keep their bodies and minds fit for battle, and it's my honor to lead them as Gladiator." She grinned again, fond of Sikeax and particularly those of her rank, whom she knew the best.

"There's work to be done even if no rank calls to you. Foals always need watching and mentoring, and speaking with the homeless among the wilds might reveal a good recruit to bring home if they're willing. Everyone works together to scout the surrounding areas on routine patrols, it's good for getting to know your herd and Helovia."

So much to say, but she had finally finished. Quieting she leaned down to grab a drink, letting the stallion mull over everything she had said.

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
When tomorrow comes
I'll be on my own
Feeling frightened of
The things that I don't know
When tomorrow comes
Tomorrow comes
Tomorrow comes

"I hate to interrupt. But our work for the God of the Sun is only a part of our responsibilities as a disciple or even as the Diviner." I move forward toward the waters on the oasis. The warmth of BirdSong was welcome in my opinion, as I hated the cold of FrostFall. But at the same time it forced more of us to be social around the main water source of our herd. I wish you had made a few steams or something.. I think softly to our Patron God. I lean down quickly and take a sip of the cool waters before going on. "It is also our jobs to retell the tales of the past, the history of the herd or of the lands. Or simply to give advice when needed." It is only then that I look at the pair and if my face could of flushed with embarrassment it would of. The darker of the pair was none other than the Mother of Companions... The stallion I did not know, and clearly from the explanation of ranks he was getting, he was new. Oh Sun God strike me down right here so I don't have to deal with the embarrassment.

"Chancellor, forgive me..." My voice was flustered and nervous. The blue mare had always intimidated me, and now here I've got and corrected her. Smooth move.... Then to add to my embarrassment I realize I haven't introduced myself. My golden eyes fall upon the knight before speaking. "My name is Amani, one of the disciples..." I allow my voice to trail off, waiting for either of then to yell or tell me to leave... I had intruded on their conversation after all. Maybe I should of just waited till dark to come spend time at the oasis....

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

He smiled lightly for as she spoke of Tall Sun his silver eyes watching her. "I enjoy the heat as well. My mother told me the meaning of my name, so I followed it here." He paused to watch her for a moment. "Ilios means sun, like our Lord." He shifted as pride surged through him. There was something about his name that had always made the colt feel strong, powerful.

He wasn't expecting to be speaking to such a high ranked member of his family. He bowed his head low in respect. "Ampere, it is a pleasure to meet you. I offer myself to you and the family if anything is ever needed. I have ties in the Hidden Falls. My mother is a Glacier there, Parelia. My father is a warrior, Ciceron. I'm also close to Kaj, he is like a second father to me." He knew that might have been to much information for one meeting, but she had offered so much, it would have been rude not to offer something of himself.

He pricked his ears taking in everything she had to offer about the heard. There was so much information that she was giving him. He tried to remember it all, but it was difficult, so many names and titles. He felt slightly overwhelmed by all of this, but it would have to happen sooner or later. He bobbed his head every once and a while just so she would know he was listening. There was no way he could be a healer, a spy, or a disciple, those just weren't for him. The warrior and crafter ideas caught his attention though. Nothing made him perk up like the thought of a governor job. He knew there was no way he could take such a rank without having more experience first. Well, they might let him, but he'd never do that. It would be ridiculous to take something so important without knowing how to take care of it's needs.

When she was done another appeared before them; a bay and white Pegasus mare. She was pretty, taller than himself, which he was used to seeing by now. Just because people were taller didn't mean anything. Silver eyes watched her become nervous after she spoke and noticed who she was talking to. A light-hearted chuckle rumbled from his lips as he bowed his head to her as well. "Thank you both for the information." He glanced between the two for a moment before turning back to Amani. His drawling bass sounded once more, "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Amani, I'm Ilios. I'm sure you could tell that I'm new to the family." He chuckled again and watched the girl curiously before turning back to Ampere.
Speech
Tag;; @Ampere @Amani
Words;;  461
Notes;; His voice
Tag me

A voice cut across the conversation, surprising Ampere who in turn tilted her lightning marked head towards the new arrival. The normally reactive mare did not regard Amani with scorn or annoyance, but rather a small rough smile that played on just the right side of her lips, unbalancing her already asymmetrical features further, enhancing the wildness of her face. Quietly she let the mare continue, watching the girl curiously as she did. Ampere was not surprised int he least that her rank dealt with the gods and wisdom - whoever seemed to hold such ranks had no qualms about stepping on other's feet and giving needed truths, however hard they were to bear. Ampere had been rather fond of Tandavi as Diviner, and now Maren, even if both frustrated her to no end (and she they).

"No need to apologize, Amani," Ampere responded, "you clearly know your rank better than I, and I would rather Ilios learn it from those who know best." Not for the first time Ampere was reminded of how little she really understood of all the members and parts of the herd, particularly given her width of a rank. Part of that was just how busy she was, and other parts were only her's to blame. That she had a natural inclination and favoritism of the warriors was not something she could easily deny.

"There's many paths you can take Ilios. You needn't choose hastfully, but follow your heart, and don't be afraid to pick a rank - you can always switch paths if it doesn't suit you." She nodded at him, wings flicking out as she was preparing to depart, busy as ever. "Welcome to the family."