the Rift

[OPEN] take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

The nymph moved like water, like a leaf, like the elegant, entangled elements, all bright, incandescent facets and vestiges, and combined into one motion. She left behind the pieces of her melancholy, she stoked the finer edges of her magnificence, and she clambered for the portions of her soul that still held those firm, beautiful resolutions and promises. In her days away from home she’d seen and witnessed the crowning of two new Kings, she’d heard the backdrop of war from her abductor’s home, and she’d pulsed with chaotic whirls of ineptitude: and held no notion of spiraling back into its sanction in the near future. Instead of falling, of flickering, of withering, she ricocheted, she echoed, she sang for the spirits, for the laurels, for all the sylphs and angels nestled in her care, she closed her eyes and thought of soothing, assuaging presences, of the earth blossoming without blood beneath its stems, without fire scorching its horizon. The fairy thought of a realm without hardship, without pain, without refugees and scarred children, and descended into the frozen valley that had hardened her, that had polished her, that had made her prosper from the forgotten ghosts of cliff tops and ocean views. Here, amidst the pines, the firs, the summits, the peaks, she held purpose, she held worth, could wash away battle-weary faces and restore, mend, blistered brutes and bludgeoned barbarians (or was it selfish to think of herself in this way; needed, necessary, a contributing figure?). Here, she was not just a shadow, not just a silhouette, not just a figure lost in the crowd; and she had to find a way to ensure others like herself were not the neglected, discarded cretins flickering and hovering about the horizon. They were more, much more, than the realms and sovereigns gave them credit for, like a priceless, incandescent gift, granted and anointed and consecrated into life-giving aspirations, and if the world dared to look away from their potency, if the empires never gleamed them dignity, the Songbird would take it upon herself to stitch the rift. No more fading whims, no more dimming lights, no more vanishing, disappearing acts – all of them were strong, enduring, and capable.

So she called for them, the wise, the powerful, the young and the old, reaching and extending her maw, her presence, her essence, rupturing the chilling Orangemoon winds with delicate, cordial traces, whispering fortitude over the ramparts, chiseling tranquility in the cherished, graceful filaments, regarding each and every mending individual like one of her own. They were brethren, they were kin, they were family and friends - from the cold, aloof Doctor, to the newcomers, bright and wide-eyed and ready to revive the broken slivers and splinters of the discordant kingdoms. Imogen sparked a trail of embers behind her, like beautiful, enticing invitations, not blazing, not infernal, but welcoming, embracing, attempting to tie together the strings of their bountiful sovereignty: the realm deserved their regard, their growth, and their vigilance. She yearned to see their capabilities, their curiosities, their minds opened and chimed to a world of possibilities, to hear their stories, to answer their questions, to encompass and embody the nurtured abyss. Beneath the noon-sun, with its cool embrace and eager veneer, she composed and unraveled a song for all of them, a siren near the un-freezing lake, a beacon, an opus, a symphony, layered and lacquered for the Basin.

[Healers’ meeting for @[d'Artagnan] @[Renegade] @[Tilney] @[Varath]

Also tagged @[Adelric] because I know he's interested in healing, but not required to come if you don't have time or interest.

Set around noon by the lake. ;D There will be herb lessons, cupcakes, etc.]

Lena the Songbird

on such a full sea are we now afloat
image credits

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan
the
NightShade
"d’Art!"

"D’ARTAGNAN!"

The Mender begrudgingly awoke from his doze to the deafening sound of Aramis down their bond. "Rude. Could you be any louder?" The Mender complained and the hellion looked at his friend wondering whether to accept it as a challenge but the warning glance shot from his tall red Doctor convinced him otherwise. "What is it?" he moaned after hoping for a day mulching around in his cave, prodding the odd dead thing that he had been poisoned on experiment. "Healers meeting, Lena wants you" the hound informed quite drably and d’Art turned to him in exasperation "a what?" Aramis simply continued to look at him with a grim line set to his lips whilst the shade let out a long sigh. "Lena, Lena, Lena" he sadly shook his head; the attentive girl did her job well, far better than he did his. For a moment, he cast about the cave at loss at what to do next. Considering his role, he’d probably have to say something, instead of just standing in the background grumbling to himself like at normal herd meetings. Oddly enough through all of his years the Nightshade had never really talked to that many people as a whole. Still, from what he knew, the healers were a relative small bunch. He would be surprised if many showed up.

He made his way out one of the caves with a disgruntled expression, tossing his head over his shoulder as if in sudden after thought "bring that dead rabbit!" Aramis looked at his lunch and then at the Doctor "it’s dead, what’s the point!" "I don’t know, just bring it" the shade shrugged, feeling like he should bring something to contribute. He might think of a way to use it once he gets there. If not, Aramis has lunch on the go.

They crossed the Aurora Basin together, not really saying much as they followed the trail of flames until finally they reached the lake where Lena was standing with her kitsune friend. The Doctor remembered Imogen from before when Lena had gone missing and suddenly he realized this was the first time he was seeing her since the incident. Curiously, he searched for Lena’s gaze as he came to a halt "Lena" he greeted "I’m sorry you were captured, I trust you are well?" He was genuinely concerned but it fell awkwardly off his lips as he tried to voice his honest care.

Aramis sat back onto his haunches and placed the dead rabbit on the floor, eyeing it with hunger.
Poison is in everything, and no thing is without poison. The dosage makes it either a poison or a remedy.

yewrezz | larfsalot
on deviantart

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Renegade Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
<style="padding:5px;">

The mare’s ocean like orbs took in the pale surroundings. Everything still seeming a bit unclear with her drowsy eyes. Her ears twitched as she listened to the call that awoke her from her first slumber after quite some time. The voice was soft and quickly saved Renegade from becoming more perturbed. The horned mare sighed a puff of frost and decided to let her legs guide her to the call. She sauntered alone through the icy wonderland. The Basin made her feel unscathed by her past, she heavily doubted it ever got tiresome in the snow covered palace. It was filled with fascinating sites every inch. After walking for some time, the mare was more attentive of everything. Her tired demeanor had faded by now. Renegade soon reached a tranquil lake and near it was a stallion and a mare. She recognized Lena from the way many people had described her but the other stallion she did not know of. From what Ren could remember, she was the time mender and was important to the herd. Renegade was still quite far from them but close enough to examine their features. They seemed to be in a conversation but all the mare could hear was a muffled voice. The stallion was muscular and was covered by a bay coat. Glass horns sprout from the front of his brow and he had similar sapphire eyes. The blue eyed mare slowed down as she got closer to Lena and the unknown. She fixed her posture and gave the two a light bow.“Hello, I’m Renegade. I was summoned by your voice I believe.” Renegade spoke softly with her innocent gaze locked with Lena’s.

"SPEAK!" | Tagged: @[Lena] @[D'artagnan] | OOC: Idk if I wrote this correctly? Ahh sorry, I couldn't really tell if Lena was singing or doing something else to summon them. :/

CREDITS

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
Home.

Even now, only part of you realizes the weight of that word, home. You now belonged to these mountains, to the winter and to the creatures that made up your new family. And even now, only part of you understands what that means. From the moment you had set foot here, decided that it was what you wanted, you had known; accepting it meant letting go. It is ――was―― a terrifying notion, one that you still, even as you wander, restlessness moving in you as ever, do not exactly know how to handle. You didn’t know how to let go: how does someone pick up and recover from their world utterly shattering? From everything they knew, were, and had been, being ripped away from them?

Some times, more than others, it was hard not to blame yourself.

Hard not to think that for wanting to see things and do and be and know that you had brought your own destruction. But you had wanted to see, to experience those things with them.

A sigh leaves you, as if the breath was too heavy to hold in any longer. You watch idly as it crystallizes, falling towards the earth before disappearing entirely.

It is then that a voice shatters the relative stillness of the winter, echoes off the thin warmth of the sun. At first you are content in listening as it fades, becomes stillness once more. At first you are more than fine remaining in the little copse of trees that you had found, away from the eyes of others, alone to your thoughts. As the moments pass, however, a curiosity grows within you, blossoming wildly until you simply cannot ignore it, overcoming the tiredness laced within your bones and your aching soul.

You had been unable to sleep, as exhausted as you were, the weight of responsibility hanging heavy on your shoulders. A healer, in partial charge for the well-being of your kin. You knew you would learn, and had vague knowledge of a girl that you hoped could teach you.

Even then, it was hardly a pebble's toss into the ocean of uncertainty that pooled in the shadow of your heart.

There, just ahead of you, a girl waits patiently with her fire-fox, and a man joins her, the creature that follows him larger, more sinister. Even as a third woman joins them, her voice lifting over the blanket of ice and snow, your eyes do not waver from the darker creature, now sitting with something at its feet. As you grow nearer it becomes clear that it is a body of some small creature, and while you disapprove you quickly dismiss it, turning your attention to the girl you had originally spied on the edge of the mirror-lake, drawing to a pause. You do not speak, instead hovering on the edge of the little group, eyes dancing from one face to the next in silent greeting.

* i totally didn't recycle a partial post, and sorry for the rest of it XD
i hope saying she was told to look for lena is alright. if not, let me know and i'll change it~
@[Lena] @[d'Artagnan] @[Renegade]

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

They played the waiting game, sauntering and enjoying the rippling water, composed, hopeful, begging for faces to be drawn from the borders, from the boundaries, from the caverns and pine groves. She’d attempted to start and regale a crowd before, offering her bounties, her wares, her knowledge, to no avail – perhaps her call had gone unheard, unnoticed, or simply ignored. The notion pressing against her skull, that perhaps it could happen all over again, was an irritating, vexing one, and she continued holding out hope and lifelines amidst the grandeur, the splendor, of their vast land. Mere snippets later her heart lifted at the sight of the Doctor and his companion, and she trumpeted a sweet hallelujah, a grateful hello, to her fellow Mender, to one of the masses long devout to their cause, to their kingdom (even if it was more listed under poisons and deceits, even if it heralded curses instead of fortunes). The nymph and her bonded hastened quick bobs of their heads, Imogen bestowing a chirp towards Aramis (and the carcass he’d brought, for a meal or something else?), flicking her ears and rounding her lips into a cordial, curled smile. Prepared for gruff, brief greetings, simplistic but cordial, her features faltered and crumbled in surprise as he extended his queries towards sorrows and well-wishes; her face turned in his direction, stunned and eyes widened, then gaze lingering down towards the ground, along the patches of freshly fallen snow, on the puffs of coiled air her breath hastened (because how many knew she’d been captured, ho many knew she’d been weak and stupid and careless?). The fairy composed herself thereafter, composed a brilliant smile upon her face, fought tooth and nail for the dainty mask she frequently wore, vocals bright, spirited, brewing past convictions in hope of channeling them all over again. “I’m well – though I’m sorry for it too. It was very foolish on my part.” Her head tilted a fraction, stare resolutely wandering over his frame, over his face, along all the stories, all the mythos they’d never shared, spilled, or spun. “How are you?”

But then others came, and any trepidation she’d courted twirled off into another corridor as she set her sights upon extending her welcoming (for she didn’t know them, and that was unsuitable), her wishes, her dreams and aspirations for a world she’d cherished. “Hello! I’m so glad you could make it.” Her eyes swam from the beautiful chestnut with gilded trinkets, to the silver bay embodiment of Arah, antlered and all. The grin she’d painted renewed its sense of spirit, provided to both newcomers with absolute earnest. “I’m Lena. Who are you?” She yearned to know them all, to band them together on the course of learning, of mending, of healing, of assuaging the soldiers, the warriors, the citizens of their home, of a kingdom destined for further glory, for further triumph; and they could provide a piece, a sliver, a sanctuary for the weary and forlorn. The sylph strung together her beloved song, a practiced virtue, lilted into a harmonious aria, navigating the potential routes they had in store. “Thank you for coming. I was hoping we could all discuss plans for our healer ranks.” Her gaze, steady, amiable, and luminescent, lingered upon each. “Though we mainly heal by the Time God’s magic, there are still ample ways of soothing our herd. Herbs, for instance, can be very beneficial. If any of you are willing to explore, we may be able to discover some new vegetation.” She paused, ruminating for a moment or two on which plants to seek, which were dangerous, which were toxic or helpful. “We already have ideas for a future greenhouse and herb garden. Once we find some herbs, we could store them in a cave until the garden is ready.” Lena’s mind was a whirl, a blur, of possibilities, stretching into vast regions of potential and prowess; because they could be just as great as the scholars, as the phantoms, as the mercenaries – they merely needed a spark, a flare, an ember to get them started. “Is there anything you wish to learn? Any knowledge you seek?” What could assist them more? What would be the most guiding or supportive? Eager, willing, ardent, and determined, the dove wove her sentiments, her raptures, her reveries, into the void and yearned for all of them to grasp, clench, and hold onto them firmly, to journey and venture into their leagues, into their fathoms, into their depths, for their cravings and desires. What did they want?

[Professional timeline murderer. ;D]

Lena the Songbird

image credits

Renegade Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
<style="padding:5px;">

Another mare with a small set of antlers approached the group, which was rapidly growing in number now. She too like the stallion, was a bay and had ocean like eyes. As the unknown horned mare came close, Renegade could tell she was smaller and most likely younger as well. Her eyes flicked between the other healers to see if they’d introduce themselves and see if she’d learn some new names. She was unware of what the meeting was held for so she took her own presumptions. After a few moments of silence, Lena spoke and her voice was a sweet and a neutral tone.
Ohh healing. The chestnut mare had yet to do something with her medical rank, and it was now the time to do so. “Oh of course, I’d be very willing to do some traveling”, she said with enthusiasm flowing through her soft spoken words. She still had all the vigor locked in her to explore the Basin and the splendor of Helovia. Though they were merely searching for herbs to help the herd, the jeweled mare did not let this thought reach her head. Frostfall had quickly dropped over Helovia, however and it was just another motive to gather herbs and other essentials. Lena continued to pour her sweet words out. Renegade didn’t seem to have many queries, at least any which were related to her medicinal rank in the Basin. Her horned head slightly tilted to the side. It seemed as if her curiosity that usually grew like fire within her, had suddenly disappeared. “I have no queries at the moment, but I’ll make sure to seek your help if I do”, the mare conclusively said.

"SPEAK!" | Tagged: @[Lena] @[d'Artagnan] @[Enna] | OOC: ...

CREDITS

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
She smiles, and you return the gesture, shining with an easiness that doesn't necessarily come easily as she introduces herself. "Enna. It's nice to meet you." Mismatched eyes linger for just a moment on the bay mare that hadn't yet introduced herself to your knowledge, and as your mouth opens Lena's words echo, drawing your attention back to the radiant girl of riverstones, so bright you could swear that the sun shone from her heart. She speaks of plans, of things you hardly know, though you nod your head nonetheless, assuming that you will find out with time, just like everything else you had experienced here. The girl with ocean eyes mirroring your own speaks, seconding the radiant's desire to seek, to explore, to better our knowledge. It sparks something within your heart, an excitement brewing within your veins. You had, what seems like forever ago, learned of the herbs that grew along the seaside, in the mountains that edged along your home, but in this strange place you could not tell whether or not they would be the same.

'Is there anything you wish to learn? Any knowledge you seek?'

Your weight shifts, your mind glancing over the mention of the greenhouse she somehow intended to build. With a shiver you recall the sentinels the first time you had seen them, and the doubt instantly begins to ebb away. "This greenhouse," you begin, sharpening your focus, supple lips again bending in to a smile. "Besides the gathering, how may we help with that?" Above all, you want to be useful, to be taken for what you are and make it that much better for the benefit of them, these strangers that sheltered you so willingly.

There are a million questions bubbling under your skin, but you shrug them away, preferring to find out through trial and error rather than have everything just handed to you. And so you nod in agreement with the gold-adorned girl's words after a short pause, more affirmation for yourself than anything.

-hides- dont shoot me for the wait or the quality of this pls ;-;
@[Lena], @[Renegade]

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

They were like a brilliant, beautiful mooring; security and anchors for the future, fledglings for the ice and snow. Had she been able to properly convey her gratitude, her sentiments, for the creatures before her, she would have likely prostrated at their feet, delighted at their existence, at their aptitude, at their willingness to walk the same lines and pathways as she, embark and heal and nurture the melancholies, the woes, of the inevitable. Her heart stoked beats and harmonies of absolute rhapsody, of generosity she hadn’t seen or felt in some time, and she fought against the urge to wrap them all in a warm embrace, to promise them endless bounties of joy and ebullience; instead, she chose to cherish them with her constant, overflowing essence of beneficence and compassion, leaning into the furtive fold of healers and menders, of the divine, of the virtuous, of those who gave everything and expected nothing in return. “A pleasure, Enna!” Her bright chirp cast into frozen spheres and bobbed like a blessing; courting, inviting, tempting in its beholden graces, ears flicking back and forth as each lady in turn gave over their thoughts, their wishes. The Songbird aspired to grant them anything they yearned for or craved, eager and fervent to give into the rites and rituals of their ranks, to collect information, wisdom, and sagacity for the impending whims of their fellow comrades, and her brow furrowed for a few snippets at Enna’s query, for it was a line of mystery she’d yet to cross. Her eyes sparked towards an open area near the hot springs, and though currently covered in snow, it was wide and vast, situated and tucked between caverns and eaves; perhaps with enough protection to withstand the might, squall, and subterfuge of the Basin’s terrain. While the task may have seemed daunting, Lena was far from losing her hope and spirit over the project, unrelenting and goaded by pure boldness and fortitude, melding her lips together in a touch of serene, tranquil thoughts, before gliding her eyes back towards the silver femme. “For the most part, we’ll require glass. I’m hoping at Frostfall’s end we may journey to the World’s Edge, where they have crafters capable of making such materials. Perhaps we could negotiate a trade between our herds for what we need.” After all, they’d been allied, they’d been forged amidst a recent war, and some, she’d noted at her latest stay amidst the cliffs and the sea, had stayed and strayed, familiar and whole (her thoughts blistered to Mauja, to Kahlua, to a world of friends and companions just over the horizon). Her eyes flicked back to each again, wholesome and genuine. “And if not, we’ll come up with an alternative plan.” She winked thereafter, then paced against the snow, digging along a dip of ice and rime below her feet, grinning in impish delight. “For now, maybe you’d indulge me in some exploring? There must be some herbs evading winter’s touch.” The smile blossomed and bloomed into a smirk, beguiling and entrancing. “We just have to find them!”

[@[Renegade] @[Enna]
I can make a new thread in an open land somewhere and we can gather some herbs? ;D]

Lena the Songbird

image credits