the Rift

[PRIVATE] Beach Walk

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu

A mammoth grey statue stood in the calm surf. It was evening, the sun was getting a palette ready to fingerpaint the sky. But it was a calm evening, dusk was a gentle grey-lavender. The sun was a soft yellow-orange. The breeze was chilly, but gentle as its cool strokes caressed his thick skin.

The kind zephyrs were attempting to solace the large stallion- even the ebbing tide washed gently around his thick legs, swirling the thick black strands of his tail. It was starkly black against the grey-blue water. He stood up to his mid-cannon in the sea, breathing deeply the salty balm.

Large barrel moved with his deep breaths, the black slashes stretching over his thick ribs. Mara would have loved this evening, a damming, wayward thought floated through his previously quiet mind. Ears flicked sideways as he lowered his heavy horn slightly, bowing his large head.

Black lids slowly close over now darkening deep blue eyes. Why is it that loneliness becomes so acute at dusk and sunset? And even more excruciating at nightfall? These thoughts drift through the calm as he stems the flow of old, painful memories.

A lonely, crashing breaker disrupts his melancholic contemplation. Azure eyes pop open. He looks to the horizon- searching for what? He had found Helovia. He had herdlands, work, a new purpose to throw himself into.

The old soldier snorted softly at himself, “Get yourself together, man,” though his mumbling was meant for himself, his deep voice always carried well- and the wind carried it even further.

He sighed to the carefree gulls calling sleepily above. He was so ready- so incredibly ready- to bury this dull this aching pain even further into his giant chest.

ooc| @[Rexanna] broody Tembovu xD

There's a burning star to lead your father home,
He'll travel from afar, no matter where you roam.
Rest your angry heart, my darling, don't you cry,
Soon you'll see him come across the bending, bleeding sky.

Please tag Tembovu.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark

Rexanna wasn’t sure what brought her to the beach. Something told her to explore out this way, and she took it as a way to get out a bit more, learn about things, try new tactics, and to keep her mind clear. She was thankful for days like today where she could just reminisce and listen to the several distinct sounds of each realm this place of Helovia had to offer. It was entirely different from her homeland. The mountainous, rocky plains of which she made her home and learned how to live being someone high in ranks. She felt so utterly useless at the moment where she was. She knew she had purpose, but once being almost a queen into just another servant to the uppers took a toll on you once and awhile. It wasn’t common though, she knew that keeping a troubled mind made it hard to do well at her duty to the Basin. This at times helped keep her mind calm and collected.

She continued to stride toward the basin, picking up a gentle and graceful trot as she danced along the sands before taking note of a large shadow in the distance. She seemed to be pretty good at finding new creatures to speak with and meet. It was interesting for her as well, considering she was never really one to be open to meeting others. She was quite closed off in that category. However, as she approached this mammoth creature, something struck familiarity in the back of her mind. She slowed to a walk and kept her eyes glued to the figure. Could it be? She thought it just might be Tembovu. If it were, she felt a pang of happiness light up in her chest at the site of him. At this point, she picked up her trot again and moved in closer to him before there was about twelve feet between them. ”Hello, again, Stranger. Her voice was strong and carried that silky smooth tone beneath it, joyous to see the one stag she began to enjoy being around before he took off with Mauja to the World’s Edge.

”I do hope the Edge is taking good care of you, Tembovu.” She offered him a smile and a small dip of a bow to say hello more formally. Her teal eyes glued to his massive figure before her, noticing the way the sunset danced across his pelt in a type of fire that she only knew her own pelt to do.

ooc: aww little Temb <3 @[Tembovu]

Now look at this web I wove.
I told you, I would break your heart.
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Tembovu

The wind brought the delicate noise of a jingling chain to his ears, and he flicked his ears and eyes to the noise. Deep blue eyes take in the sight of mare similar to the markings of Mara, his old love, and his large heart stutters for a few beats. Then familiarity sinks though her beauty as her voice flowed silkily over him.

His lopsided smile broadly covered his massive face at her words, “Rexanna! I must be doing something right for the gods to see you again so soon,” his deep voice was warm. “The World’s Edge is treating me well- I’m mostly keeping out of trouble,” he chuckled the sound richly rolling over the beach.

“I’d ask how your Basin is treating you, but you look as lovely as ever, so I don’t think there’s a need to ask,” though his tone and face were friendly, a shadow of his previous brooding still clung as a gentle frown around his azure eyes. The setting sun highlighted the light blue flecks in them as he could not help but pass his gaze over the smooth curves of Rexanna. The appreciated the gentle golden glow of her coat in the lavender twilight, before coming to land on her striking face.

The delicate black markings were lovely, but it was her teal eyes that captured his own darker blue gaze as hers radiated in the setting sun’s light. “What brings you to the beach, this scenic evening?” the mammoth’s question was reminiscent of smalltalk, but he was desperately grappling at straws to claw his way out of the depression he had sunk into at the thought of his dead son and love. A deep breath slowly left his barrel as a quiet sigh, letting his smile fade away.

ooc| @[Rexanna]

Please tag Tembovu.

The golden mare took note of the adorable little smile that grew over his face. His voice dripping her name in such a sweet sound, she began to feel a bit of happiness dance through her. It was quite a feeling and one she hadn’t had in such a long time that she almost felt a bit sheepish, but she kept the smile on her face and continued on. That was something she was good at, continuing on with her mask. A gentle velvet laugh escaped her maw as he spoke about barely keeping out of trouble. Then as he spoke about the Basin, she kept the smile plastered to her face as she watched him gently.

”Ah yes, it’s been quite an adventure.” She admitted; remembering all of her exploring and all of the equines she encountered. ”If you must know, I just had a feeling to come and explore. As it turns out, I’ve come across quite the catch.” Another laugh emitted from the mare before she walked a bit closer, taking note in his massive size compared to her. It was almost silly to her, to think about how she was so terrified of him to begin with. As she took note of his seeming loneliness, she felt almost a need to mention it.

”Tembovu, can I tell you a little secret?” Her voice was curious, the smile sticking to her lips as she spent a few moments trying to figure out how exactly to word what she wanted to say about their first encounter. She had hoped it might create that big booming laugh that she found herself solemnly missing when they parted in the Threshold. However, what exactly was it she was missing? The sound of his laugh, or the happiness that ensued in her because of it? Was it that she was feeling things? And were these feelings something good? Her mind was crossed almost in figuring it out.

ooc: @[Tembovu]

Tembovu
At her joking, complimentary words, his laugh boomed once again over the beach- this time the sound deeper and richer as it was brought about by the lovely Rexanna. His grin grew broader on his thick, black lips as his laugh ended.

He turned from the sunset- which had changed it’s mind from the gentle lavender into a burst of vibrant colors (seemingly the moment Tembovu had laid eyes on Rexanna)- and faced her. Though the sky was performing admirably for his attention- bursting reds, vibrant oranges, sun streaked yellows- Tembovu found the colors reflecting on the lady much more enchanting.

Azure eyes, which had been lighted to light blue by the sun, once again turned dark as they were captivated by the play of colors on her coat. Blinking hard once to free his gaze, he chuckled in his throat and took two strides towards the little mare on the beach.

But his strides were giant- as all things about Tembovu are- and it brought him into relatively close proximity to the golden mare with striking markings. “I’m glad you had such a feeling,” his rumbling voice was as warm as his breath in such nearness to Rex. His earlier grin had relaxed into a comfortable smile, “Had I know I’d get such flattery from such a lovely mare, I would’ve come to Helovia much faster.” The frown around his large blue eyes released slightly.

At her question, his gaze flickered to her dainty pink lips as she smiled, “I hope you will,” his answer reverberated deeply in his barrel in into the space between them. A quiet breath entered his thick nostrils, and he bowed his great head and horn lower so as not to tower over the mare. The action brought his face closer to hers- nearly bordering on entering personal space- but the massive stallion didn’t seem to mind.

Finally his eyes met her teal gaze once again- they were beautiful in the dying sun’s light. So, naturally, the ensnared his deep blue ones. And he felt it- felt the closeness then- the moment he was caught. He could feel the pull through his body- in a way he hadn’t felt in so long.

He took another breath, this one shorter and louder, “And don’t think I’ve forgotten that you owe me the story of your chain, lovely lady.” His words were said as (failed) distraction in his internal floundering. Once again the frown creased his eyes, smile fading more.

ooc| Temb: "What personal space?" xD @[Rexanna]

Please tag Tembovu.

There it was. There was that wonderful laugh that Rexanna found herself missing from that brief introduction they had before. She watched as he faced her, the golden mare watching him gently with that smile residing on her face. A genuine smile, something quite rare when it came to how she acted. This smile felt almost like something more than that. She wasn’t going to spend time thinking about that part, however. She was excited and content with the company of him. His voice hit her ears, auds swiveled lightly to hear the articulation within his wordings. ”Well, had I known that I’d come across quite the gentleman, I would have come to Helovia much faster as well.” She offered him a gentle wink. Yes she was here before him, but not too long. Perhaps they would’ve ended up on the same journey and ended here at the same time. How curious that would have been!

The golden vixen heard as he spoke of wishing her to tell him her secret. A laugh escaped her lips like silk before she watched him come closer to her; no sense of personal space. But it really appeared to her that she didn’t mind. How strange was that? She actually enjoyed it. She lifted her head tall and proud, trying her best to match his eye level with his dipped head. She could smell his scent and the scent of the Edge; she could see his gorgeous eyes and the details of his pelt. She noticed so much more being this close and it just gave her what seemed like more genuine happiness. Eventually her eyes met his again, being so close. Her breath was slow and calm but her heart felt like it was beating a million times an hour. His voice resounded in her being once more, listening as he spoke of the chain before a gentle laugh.

”Stories! Those sound wonderful.” Her laugh was calm and more like a giggle as she began to notice a slight amount of the brightness in his eyes disappear. ”Well, my little secret was when I first met you at the threshold, I was absolutely terrified of you. You know, I’m so short and stubby, I get passed over sometimes.” She offered him a joking smile. ”But I’m glad I went against my feeling. Had I not, then I wouldn’t have known of such a handsome creature.” Her voice grew softer and her eyes dropped to his chest that she almost felt like she was eye level with. Stretching her head out a little bit, she felt the need to attempt to feel him. To kind of make it known to her that he actually existed and it wasn’t a figment of her imagination. She reached out slowly, aiming to brush her nose gently against his chest, eyes focused entirely on him.

ooc: AW LITTLE REX @[Tembovu]

Tembovu

“I have been called many things, but not often a gentleman,” he chuckled at her words, “And I would call you many things, but never short nor stubby.” His deep voice rumbled softly in the small space between them, the warmth in his words implying his choices would be of an admiring sort.

He grinned lopsidedly at her raising her head so proudly, but the grin fell away as he froze, deep blue gaze locked on her brilliant teal one- watching, breath held, body statuesque, as she reached her pink, velveteen towards his warm, black chest. It seemed like she stretched for an eternity, and yet all too soon her soft touch was brushing his broad, tense pectorals. Velvet maw against coarse, taut coat.

This simple, delicate touch- he felt it so intensely. It was warm, hot even, sending heat through his skin in deep into his chest- and south, to his groin. This was so fast, her touch so potent. Why?

Perhaps because her feeling him was so innocent. Innocent in the fact that it was uncomplicated. There was no double meaning, he was not doing this to get information or sabotage someone’s plans. She (he assumed) was not doing this to pump him for information or poison his water. There were no underhanded plans at work here- it was just a simple, unadulterated touch. He hadn’t had this in years.

This realization ended his inner turmoil, and he let out a long, relaxing, warm breath. Living muscles replaced the statue he had been as he lowered his head even further, bringing his thick black lips to rest along the crest of her neck. He directed her chained horn to the side of his neck, so as not to impale his own windpipe.

“Then I am incredibly happy, and lucky, you discarded your fear,” his surprisingly soft lips move against the silken, golden coat of her neck, warm breath washing across her skin, “And it would be a crime to injure a mare as beautiful as you, Rexanna,” indeed, he felt an unexpected stirring of fury at the thought of someone hurting her. Where did that come from?

He lips her cream mane, allowing himself this intimacy for a few moments longer. This might be fast, but it felt so real- so right- after so many years of simulated affections. Not wanting this moment to pass yet, he hums against her neck before asking, “Story time?” His deep, soft voice rumbled almost hopefully against her pelt, and he dipped his head lower, tracing his muzzle against the intricate curve of her shoulder.

ooc| aww, he just needed her to make the first move -throws heart confetti gleefully- @[Rexanna]

Please tag Tembovu.

His words hit her ears as she attempted the touch. She just kept the smile on her face. Her nose maw finally coming into contact with his chest; feeling his tough pelt under velveteen fur against her soft silky nose. She noted as she focused on him, his warm breath creeping over her neck, feeling the powerful beast lower his own head and feeling his own lips gently on her creamy gold coat. Turning her head lightly, she pressed the side of her face into his chest lightly, feeling his lips move as he spoke. A small but notable nod came from the vixen before she let her own gentle soft breath rush over his chest. His heart.

This feeling was strange to her. It had been so long since she felt anything like it. Electricity stabbing through her chest cavity, poking her stomach and making her feel light as air. Feeling her mane move, her teal eyes close as she embraced the softness and happiness of the moment. Everything she was worried about or even had thought about just disappeared and all that was left was just this feeling of wanting to make him happy. But would her past prove that to be too difficult? She listened, ears flickering against his neck as he questioned story time. A small giggle escaped her before she moved a little bit closer as to not stretch her neck out too far. Her head and neck resting lightly against his shoulder before she moved her head back slightly to catch a glimpse of his lovely blue eyes.

”Story time of how little Rex got her chain.” A small smile dropped onto her pearl lips before she moved her head back a bit further; staying close to him as possible, before she cleared her throat. ”So you see, my home was quite the war ravaged state. We were almost always fighting with someone or over something. My parents just so happened to be the king and queen. I know, it sounds very cliché. Anyways, when I was born each child born to the couple were adorned with a golden chain. The child that kept the chain on without fussing would be crowned for the throne.” She paused a moment. ”So yeah! I think I deserved it. I was quite the well-mannered child so I hear.” She smiled lightly to him before looking over the water, watching the waves grow and fall; almost reminiscent of her own struggles. It was then when she remembered the stag that had made her how she is today. Oh what a wonderful day for memories.

ooc: -throws all the confetti- AHH @[Tembovu]

Tembovu

Again, the mammoth closed his eyes as the warmth of Rex’s face spreading across his shoulder. Her head was so delicate against the mass of muscle, covering naught half of its expanse. His eyes opened as she pulled away, and he met her teal gaze- his own deep pools warm like hot springs. The black skin around his was entirely relaxed now, any hint of a frown from the ghosts of his pasts gone- this was exactly what he needed to banish his demons. So he didn’t question or think or analyze, he just enjoyed.

He had pulled away from the crest of her neck to catch her eyes. But now, he reached out and playfully tugged a lock of her charcoal and cream mane, before rocking back to watch her face as she told her story. His soft, thick lips purse slightly at the similarities between her land and his old lands. But, for now, he kept this to himself. He did not yet want traces of his past darkening this moment.

“So my little Rex is a princess? I am in the presence of royalty?” His voice grew louder with mock-surprise. He withdrew from her further, and half bent a thick knee in a partial bow, massive black horn dipping towards the waves, “Does this please my lady?” His voice and words grew formal, but were accompanied with a teasing wink as he peered up at her from his bow.

Slowly he straightened, knees and coffin bones protesting as the day was growing to a close. He really needed to get back into shape, or else his body was going to fall apart around him. And what mare would want the intimate attentions or mounting of a soft soldier—where were these thoughts coming from?I

Amused with himself- for he rarely had such thoughts, he tore his gaze away from Rexanna and looked to the setting sun- so as keep his mind in check. Certainly looking at the mare wasn’t helping. But in just a few movements he was standing beside her, shoulders and hips touching hers. Leaning affectionally against her, his deep voice rumbled, “I suppose it’s my turn to tell a secret,” he paused, thinking, “I never thought I’d feel so- so content with another, again.” The statement was weighty, he knew, but he said it simply and gave no more explanation behind it. Yet.

“So, my princess, what keeps you from ruling your lands?” The question was casual, and the way he said it implied he did not need an answer if the mare did not wish to give it. Rarely were stories of lost thrones happy ones, he knew. He had contributed to one being lost.

ooc| wow, so rereading my last post, sorry for PPing a little bit! I need to triple-check my posts when I’m typing late at night >.< @[Rexanna]

Please tag Tembovu.

Feeling his gentle playfulness in tugging on her dual colored mane, her smile creeped back up to her face. Watching the sky, orbs drifted to greet his once more as his booming voice hit her ears. His jokes and excitement appeared to lighten her mood as she joined in with a gentle laugh, stepping back for a few moments as he bowed to her. Her ears swiveling a bit with a feeling of slight uncomfort but knowing it was a joke eased her nerves a bit. Was this going to be the moment that she revealed to him her hidden past? Or the time where she just spits out bits and pieces and prays he doesn’t try to find more into it? Her mind swelled with the ideas that trickled in her mind and it felt as though she grew distant lightly.

She was brought back to the moment as his iconic voice vibrated through her. Well, there went that idea of confessions. Figuring at that moment that keeping her entire story a secret for a bit longer would be a much better idea. Rexanna then looked over at him, who had now moved beside her as she felt his titanic weight brush against her petite size. Bodies touching, heartbeat rising, feeling comfortable and content with this creature which was so unlike her. She couldn’t help but to agree with his statement. She hadn’t felt this way about anyone since him. Turning her head into him a tad, she brushed her face lightly into the crevice of his neck before noting the vibrations of his vocals once more. Oh boy, here we go.

Lifting her head to a more centered position, she turned her face to him; black markings striking against the creamy pearl of her coat; golden horn glinting and reflecting the vibrant colors of the sky above them with her iconic chain glinting with the light and reflections of the waves under the two. It took her a moment to think of how to respond before inhaling deeply and looking back over the land. ”Well, you see, I had been courting with a passing stag.” She began. ”War broke out on the East of our boarders and we immediately went into defense. Much of my family was killed; I watched my mother die.” Lies.. Her mind hissed at her. While it was true that she watched her mother die; she wasn’t prepared for the statement of saying that she had been the reason to her mother’s death. Because of him. Because of that male. She sincerely hoped that Tembovu wouldn’t be able to catch her on this lie. While she was absolutely great at hiding things, there was just something different about the male beside her that she felt like he could see through anything. A feeling that was quite the double edged sword. Wonderful, but deadly for her. ”He, uh, was actually a scout for our attackers. I was immediately banished due to the fact that I was royalty.” Her voice dropped in confidence a bit before turning to catch Tembovu’s gaze again.

”He was quite the liar..” She said softly, offering a small smile. ”Almost made the mistake of having a foal with him too. He had been there quite some time before treating all of our hospitality as trash.” Turning the attention on the fact of how much he had wronged her seemed to make her feel a bit better for the deeds that she had done because of him.

ooc: Oh don’t worry :D I don’t mind it at all, especially if it’s Temb ;D @[Tembovu]

Tembovu

Rewarded for his antics with her smile, he stilled and listen to her story as it faded. He breathed slowly and deeply beside her, taking in her scent, story, and the brisk evening sea air- his barrel brushing against her with each breath, color gradients mirroring each other.

Turning his deep blue eyes to her face- it was much easier to keep his mind attentive and away from studly thoughts when he could concentrate on her past- he watched her speak her story to the sea. And he watched closely, for not only did he enjoy seeing the setting sun play with black barking in her white face, but he also had a habit of studying others when they told him things. You could glean much from a small frown around the eyes or a tiny upturn of the corners of a mouth. And lying, generally the eyes moved rapidly as one concocted a story with their mind. Unless they were an accomplished liar. Learning and knowing to look for these traits had saved the stallion more than once.

But this beautiful mare- whose face had seemingly relaxed earlier- was simply plain as she spoke her story. He saw nothing on her delicate face. In his experience, this was a trait of both royalty and accomplished politicians- to bury their personal feelings beneath the skin. Pursing his lips once more, his eyes left her face and followed her gaze out to the ocean. Her face, though alluring to watch, sent echoes of a past life of lies and masks.

Hearing her voice drop- when she revealed that this “passing stag” bore some semblance to his own role in the fall of the council in his old kingdom- one ear flicked sideways while the other remained pointed to her. He felt such a draw- like a magnetic pull- towards this mare. But her past, and his, seemed to be colliding in unfortunate ways. She looked so much like his Mara, and he… Well, he had made it his mission to cause the collapse of an empire.

Though his head was in turmoil, darkening his eyes and creasing his face, he still felt a pull in his gut at the sad, small smile that flickered over her face. He reached out to stroke the curve of her jaw and neck lightly with his muzzle, it’s large mass dwarfing her face as he gently lipped the base of her ear, lips aiming to tickle the chain. At the mention of a foal, he stilled- breath held and mouth resting at her golden keepsake. Should he? Could he? He had spoken of his past to two other equines- and one was dead.

“It’s easy to make mistakes in matters of the heart when we’re young,” he delayed his decision by murmuring into her ear, “Unfortunately, and unfairly, the mistakes of royals so often have greater consequences than if another were to make them,” he pulled away from her now. But he did not want to pull away. What he wanted to do was run his nose along her jaw and tell her that- despite her past lover being scum- he was jealous of the attentions she had given him. He wanted to tell her that if he had had the affections of one such as her, he might have reconsidered his grand plot to take down a regime. He wanted to gain such affections right now, in the cool evening, as the sun winked below the horizon.

Instead, though, he made a decision to tell parts- if not all- of his story. Because he felt this pull. He felt the connection. That feeling didn’t allow for a quick mount and uncomplicated goodbye. It lead to more feelings. It led to attachment. And trust.

So it was time to start that trust. Well, actually, Rexanna already had. So he continued it. “You are more lucky than you know to not have had a foal-“ he broke off, struggling with how to phrase his chaotic thoughts. The staccato of his heart did not help as he spoke to the darkening sea, “I, too, had a past love. And son,” his deep rumble grew quieter, sadder, and thicker, “But I lost them… Perhaps- perhaps it is better to have lost the love of someone than to have lost someone you love.” He paused, letting his words sink into himself and the beautiful mare beside him. “Then again, perhaps I am just a blathering bachelor sticking his hoof in his mouth beside a beautiful woman,” his self-deprecating humor and accompanying smile were hollow and sad- quite unlike his previous warm and genuine demeanor.

The light from the sun faded and the coolness of the evening sank in.

ooc| Sorry for the delay. I was floundering with what to do with him o.O @[Rexanna]

Please tag Tembovu.

As her slight confession finished, she turned her gaze upon him once more, feeling his nose gently brush against her jawbone and neck. She offered him a happier smile, however still a hint of the saddened piece tugged at the corners of her pearl lips. His gentle voice was a lullaby in her ear as she tried to figure out the underlying tones for his words. A nod was offered to him before he moved away from her. Rexanna’s tiny frame in comparison to Tembovu’s seemingly shadowed by the stag. Her head swiveled to focus on him more indefinitely. She waited with baited breaths wondering if he would speak of his own past to her as well. Body turning a slight amount to face him more full on. His voice held a solemn tone to it, his words tiptoeing in her mind as she contemplated it. So he had a past lover as well, however the son was something interesting. A frown dawned across her lips at the mention of how he lost them.

”Oh Temb, I’m so sorry.” Her voice was smooth and held a tinge of sadness for him. His next set of words caused a nod to come from her before she stepped toward him a bit. Aiming to rub her nose across the barrel of his chest, angling her head slightly as to not puncture his neck by her horn. She slightly stepped back before she heard his next set of words. A half humorous smile appeared on her maw as she shook her head. She watched him for a few moments before speaking; his pelt growing dark and a light haze grew on the edges of his body from the dying light. She felt the water beneath her begin to grow chillier. Her eyes scanned him for a moment before she stood tall, shaking her pelt out lightly. The chain that donned her horn had danced and jingled with the movements of such.

”Well. I’m honestly a believer of the saying ‘it’s better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.” She nodded to him. ”You’re not sticking your hoof in your mouth. You’re also not just a blathering bachelor.” She offered him a smile and a small velveteen laugh before stepping close to him once again. ”Besides, I think you’re quite the handsome bachelor. Even if you did stick your hoof in your mouth, it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.” A content feeling grew in the vixens stomach. Her mind contemplating what it was she was really doing. She had felt as though she wanted to just have fun with this male at first. However, now it seemed as though she was thinking of a future with him. Where were these thoughts coming from? Her body itched for that kind of closeness with him specifically. Yet, she wasn’t sure why it was so. Although part of her really hoped he felt the same about her as well.

ooc: Yeah I know whatcha mean xD @[Tembovu]

Tembovu

Ears flick towards her laugh, enjoying the elegant and easy sound as it washing into the darkness that was quickly swallowing them. The stars were lazy tonight- and kept the pale gold and silver duo in darkness for longer than they should have been.

But the heaviness, which had plagued him the moment he stepped on the beach (and had, miraculously, lifted for a few moments when Rexanna had appeared) resettled in his barrel as he spoke of Mara and Faxr. It was grew lighter at the velvet touch of her muzzle on his broad chest, but it still stuck in his ribs. A dark reminder of a stallion had had been once, a token of an unhappy time.

He didn't want- no, he would not allow his past to taint this new future. He was alive- which was a miracle, itself. He had not thought he would make it out alive from his old lands. And he was with a captivating mare, on a beautiful evening- and he wished to banish this darkness. So, in that moment, he decided- decided that his past was his past.

Yes, he would forever mourn his dead son; and yes, he would forever love Mara. But he was a large stallion with a large heart- there was room for more. For new. For growth. So he watched Rexanna shake herself- a mare with a scarred past of her own. But a mare who was enchanting, and trusting. At least, trusted him.

Bullocks, he was being dense. ’It’s better to have loved and lost, than to not have loved at all.’ Her words echoed in him, and he gave a lopsided smile once more- though this time there was a heat in his eyes that had replaced the dark sadness. “Me? A handsome bachelor? You think so?” His words jokingly dug for compliments, and his tone was mischievous as he closed the gap between them. “Certainly I am no match for a princess,” he winked.

He moved so that his chest rested against her svelte barrel, broad pectorals colliding with delicate ribs. He lowered his soft muzzle to trace her spine, starting at the base of her mane, running to the top of her haunches (but no further- for he wasn’t sure of his motives, really. He just wanted, needed, to touch her), before returning along the other side of her spine back to her mane. He breathed gently over her skin, warmth washing away the chill of the night.

Arresting his caress at her withers, he slowly drew in her scent, “Rexanna, I’m not sure what you’re doing to me,” his words were a husky breath on her coat, “But it-” his eyes closed as he faltered for words. He hadn’t felt such needs since before his life turned upside down. He didn't think he could feel such needs again. “It feels incredibly right,” he extended his caress up the side of her neck, his towering frame allowing him to reach the base of her ears before again returned his gentle strokes to her withers, where he unsheathed his teeth to gently nibble the delicate skin there.

His groin was bellowing at him in response to the alluring, warm female beside him- wanting to please her, feel her, warm her on this chilly night. His mind was shouting that it wanted to talk to her, know her, understand her, share with her. And he was stuck in the crossfire, caressing and floundering.

ooc| I DON’T KNOW. xD @[Rexanna]

Please tag Tembovu.

She watched with baited breath as she heard his voice reach her ears in a joking tone. She offered him a nod of agreement as if saying it’s true and I know you realize this before he spoke once more and a small chime of a laugh escaped the mare’s lips. She watched him move close to her and she seemed to steady herself in the spot she was at, knowing that she didn’t want to move away from him, to move away from this feeling. It was so genuine and strange. Something she hadn’t felt since her innocence. She almost thought that these feelings grew because of how young she was. Was it truly a feeling that adults held too? Was it real? It must have been. This feeling was hard to come across for her in the first place so something about it must just be so right. Or wrong enough to be considered right. Right?

She felt his chest rest against her side. Her body almost seeming to tremble with a wave of happiness. Something she didn’t know how to control. Her tremors seemed to grow as she felt his lips run across her spine in both directions. Her tail swishing lightly with one moment being rather violent to brush against his side in an almost playful manner. Turning her head to face him, her neck arched as she brushed her face into his shoulder, taking in his own scent as his iconic voice danced through her ears. Shivers were sent down her spine at the feeling of him brushing up to her ears and along her neck before nibbling at her withers lightly. Rexanna wasn’t sure what to make of this situation. She knew for a fact that she felt as though she needed him in her life. She felt so vulnerable. This vixen who was supposed to be so good at hiding things wanted nothing more than to just give everything up to make him happy. Who was she now? What was this feeling that he made her feel so strongly? Was this right?

She began to lip at his shoulder and chest a small amount, swishing her tail again to brush against his shoulder before pressing into him lightly. ”I know what you mean. I don’t know what it is but I just…” Her voice grew ever so faint for a few moments while she pondered what it was she wanted to say. ”I just want you.” Words were soft before she brushed her face into his shoulder again, pressing against him lightly. She wasn’t sure how she meant that phrase. Part of her meant it to be with him forever, but she felt almost as though it was too soon to say that. Though a part of her also thought that her soul and his seemed to common and in tune with each other that it almost felt like two pieces of a puzzle reconnecting after a long journey. This feeling, so ever strange, tangled itself in the web of her mind.

@[Tembovu] AWWW CUTIE PIES.

Tembovu

He nipped harder at her withers as he felt the playful sting of her tail whipping against his side- a rumble that was somewhere between a deep chuckle and a stallion grunt coming from his thick throat. His stallion mindset was quickly winning the battle with his head as he felt her react to his gentle strokes- her warm, soft skin almost quivering under his sensitive muzzle. His head began to think that there was always time to talk later. Later was a great time to talk. He could focus more then, anyway.

Her touches were feather like on his shoulder, but he felt them like licks of heat as his skin responded to the brushes of her nose. Again, he met her eyes and felt trapped by the vibrant teal pools; the lazy stars beginning to highlight the streaks of light blue in his own, navy gaze.

He was caught in her eyes as she spoke. ’I just want you.’ That was enough to send his studliness into high gear onto her back. But, with a deep snort, he tempered this urge- but only just. His eyes were alight, and the musculature in both his crest and shoulders swelled with the restraint. Her next touch, the increased pressure behind it, as she pushed against his shoulder, sent his control wobbling.

Breathing deeply against her coat, he reached his heavy neck over hers, tracing the elegant curve of her neck with the side of his prominent jaw. This touch was unlike the tender caresses of earlier- this touch was intense and borderline rough. He took her words as an invitation, his own voice reverberating against her as he murmured, “And I want you.” His deep voice was nearly a growl.

His lips left the top of her neck, tugging a thick lock of her mane as he trailed down it. The action was playful, but the force behind it revealed the passionate origin of the tug. His colossal size managed to easily shift to behind the golden beauty. He pauses behind her, silently asking for permission- ensuring he had read her right. Then he rocks his weight, attempting to take most of his mammoth size on his straining haunches.

———interlude———

Standing beside Rexanna, he is silent. Patches of the silvered buckskin coat has darkened into chocolate in the evening light. Thick black nostrils are flared, as the self-satisfied stallion in him wishes to prance and snort in pride. But there’s a tempest behind those deep blue pools- a storm that silences even the most lustful thoughts of the elephant.

He had not been with a mare since Mara. At least, not like that. Not so good, or so right, or with attachment. He had avoided such affairs. But now- now he had mounted himself into exactly such a state. Guilt swirled in his head, despite his earlier decision to leave his past behind. Clearly the resolve behind that choice was too new to be tested in such a way.

But there was something else. Something good. No- something marvelous. Elation swelled in him. And not just post-coital pleasure. This was more. It lifted the tendrils of guilt, swelling and sending them to the recesses of his mind (to plague him for another day, when Rexanna was not near).

Rexanna! He silently cursed himself, realizing he was brooding and overthinking. Stuck in his own mind, leaving his woman in self-centered silence. “That- that was incredible,” his voice was thick and growly. “I…I haven’t been with a mare since my son’s mother passed,” he wanted to offer an explanation for his confusion and behavior, but he also did not wish to speak of Mara during their pillow talk. Quietly, he leaned his sweat and heat against her, thick black tail swishing gently and tangling with her creamy charcoal strands. Apprehension made him tense as he awaited her reaction- so unlike his usual easy and warm demeanor.

ooc| YUP so I haven’t done this in years. Let me know if I need to change it/shorten/remove any PPing. la de da :] @[Rexanna]

Please tag Tembovu.

His bites and playfulness just increased within her. Suddenly Rexanna found herself wishing that she had always been his. That maybe had they met years beforehand, that she would’ve been the one to be with him. The one to bear the foals for him. The one that was there for him through so much. Her mind completely passed over the fact that they had passed on. However this thought just seemed so fitting. Perhaps their paths may have crossed in more of an uncomforting setting. However, if they had, would she be how she is now? She was sure that he wouldn’t have treated her as that past stag had. But maybe, just maybe, she’d be sitting on the throne with him by her side. It was hard to say, though. She was dwelling too much on the past and not so much on focusing her lust and love into the behemoth with her.

And I want you. Those four words had enough power within them to cause her body to shiver with delight. Teal eyes sparked with emotion and pleasure. It seemed to be all she could think about, Tembovu and the possible future? Where were these thoughts coming from? Typically lust didn’t have one thinking about a future with the other, did they? They never had before… What was going on in her mind? She gave him permission and they went along with their business.

--

Tembovu stood beside her, his pelt turned into a kind of chocolate coloring. Her own had meshed into quite the caramel color. The cream that danced along parts of her body was more of a darkened purple color with the almost starry night above. Her nostrils flaring with the attempts to catch her breath. Teal eyes dancing over to the creature beside her, leaning up against him softly. Two creatures in the middle of the night, the mix of their body heat almost felt strong enough to start a fire. Resting her hind leg, she shook her mane out gently, trying to get it unstuck from her neck with the sheen of sweat that lined over her. The whole experience itself was intense. It was wonderful but yet so passionate at the same time. She wasn’t sure what caused everything about it. Perhaps it was her love for him that made it so much better than her typical encounters. It was so much stronger and intimate. She couldn’t help but to keep a smile on her face. The butterflies within her stomach didn’t seem to calm either, but rather jump as she heard that velvet voice of his reach her ears. The growling in his voice causing her stomach to churn with delight.

”It was better than incredible.” Her voice held a slight bit of exhaustion but happiness within it. She continued to catch her breath before she turned her crowned head over to him, the smile still stuck to her lips. His words next caused her to nod. She wasn’t going to tell him how many others she had been with. That was an irrelevant question. And if he were to ask her, she would more than likely go against her good will and tell him what exactly she did. But not tonight. No. Tonight was about happiness and love. She wasn’t going to ruin that. She moved to gently press her face into his shoulder softly. ”You’re strong for holding off. Many stags I grew up with didn’t have that kind of determination.” She offered a soft smile to him. It were true, back home if something were to happen they’d just move on to the new face that flirted with them. It was unfortunate, but it was how things went.

Her eyes studied his broad features for a few moments before she turned her head back over the darkness. ”Temb… I like you.” Breathlessly, she lowered her head slightly. ”I’ve never really had a feeling like this… I don’t really know what to do.” As if mentioning his past lover had been a mood killer, this definitely was one for the books as well.

@[Tembovu] No problem! :3

Tembovu

‘It was better than incredible,’ at her breathy, exhausted, but happy words, the apprehension melted from his gargantuan form and a lopsided grin warmed his broad face. Feeling the gentle lean of Rexanna’s slender barrel against his own vast side, he accepted her weight easily. Humming in agreement with her words, his lips once again tickled her delicate neck as he lipped away the few strands still sweat-stuck to the golden skin there. He took a deep breath as he did so, enjoying the scent of his sweat mingling with her own on her caramel stained coat. “I thought I liked your scent before, but now…” his voice trailed of as he hummed his appreciation deep in his throat, the sound rumbling over her pelt, before he reluctantly drew his mouth away from her.

The gilded cream princess- his princess- spoke against his shoulder, her lips sending puffs of warm breath tickling through his coat. His heavy skin rippled around her mouth. Somehow his mare (was she really his, though? The fleeting thought soured his barrel, but he ignored it for the moment) seemed to find the words that made it okay- make his reaction and words tolerable. Good, even. Complimentary. His smile grew as he shook his head slightly in disbelief- the action masked by his reaching over her withers and bringing her close to his chest, hugging her tightly but gently. He knew his immense strength and was careful with his golden rose.

As she turned her extraordinary teal gaze away from him, and felt the loss of it more acutely than he expected to, a small and deep chuckle meets her words. “‘Like’ is a very tame word for how I’m feeling, Rex,” his deep rumble is amused as his words come out over her back while he releases her from his embrace. The elephant adjusts, once again standing shoulder-to-shoulder (though perhaps withers-to-shoulder is a more apt description, given his size).

Keeping his skin touching her- he’s not quite ready to relinquish touch, yet- his voice rolls again, though this time lower than before, “In fact, I’d go so far as to stay I don’t want to share you with anyone,” he paused, letting the weight of his words sink between them. “That’s what I’d like to do with these feelings,” he answered her verbal statement of emotional turmoil. He spoke firmly, alto no longer throaty or growly, “I want you- this- to be ours, and no one else’s.”

He shifts, now no longer ignoring the thoughts of Rexanna not being his. The idea of another stud knowing her like this, when he had shared so much with her and she with him- his brawn tensed. Realizing his reaction was more akin to the soldier in him- the general that saw things in black and white, us and them, enemy and ally- he made a visibly effort to relax. “I-I’m not- I don’t usually react so… possessively,” he does not outright apologize (for he is not sorry for his reaction), but his tone is slightly atoning.

Gently, he rubs his broad muzzle against the curve of her cheek, “What do you think, my lovely Rexanna?” Once again, his throaty voice growls deeply.

ooc| @[Rexanna]

Please tag Tembovu.

His voice grew butterflies in her chest, heart fluttering slight but enough to notice. Enough as if to feel the velvet wings brush against the jail of her rib cage. His sets of words were gentle and kind and she appreciated them entirely, that is until the middle sector. The point where he expressed he didn’t want to share her with anyone else. The fluttering stopped and was almost felt by regret. It seemed to muddle in her blood, in her veins. She kept the gentle happy façade on her face, but inside was disastrous. It was growing into feeling like she was stuck in tar. Did he mean from now on? Or did he mean before now? Because she wasn’t sure what the future held, but she knew she had a deal with Caleb that she had to keep.

His voice grew firmer and his words seemed quite possessive. It wasn’t a bad thing per say, but she wasn’t sure what to think of it. Doing this kind of entertainment helped her in different ways than one, and to not be able to do it she wasn’t sure how well she’d cope. His voice was growing gentle and she turned her crowned cream face to him once more, feeling his large muzzle against her head gently. Her smile stayed on her face as she offered a gentle nod. ”I think we could do that.” As she spoke she felt her insides grow firey. She knew she was lying in saying that, but she wanted nothing more than to keep him happy.

His happiness mattered to her much more than her own. Even if it meant that she lied and caused so much pain to herself to keep him happy and unknowing, she felt as though it would be better in the long run. Would it? Only time could tell. A part of her also wished that Temb and Caleb would never have the chance to meet. Hopefully it worked out for her, if not; she’d be in for a much worse state of decay. ”I love the idea of being yours.” Her smile grew gently, but her heart seared more.

@[Tembovu] SOOOO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG

Tembovu

Elation. It filled him at her words. It filled him with hope- chasing away the dark tendrils of guilt and uncertainty. Rexanna could have said no- it was so soon for him to ask this of her. But she agreed. The weight it lifted from his barrel was immense. So much so that he missed the fire in her eyes, the gentle frown beneath her smile, and the traces of sadness in her face that he had already spent so much time studying.

His muzzle, at her cheek, felt her leaping pulse- but he misconstrues it to match his own euphoria. As he pulls away, his eyes are bright, “After I found Mara and Faxr murdered, I- I had only vengeance and betrayal in my life. But now, with this- with you- I have something good. Something bright. I have hope…” The deep rumble trails off gruffly- emotion is not easy for a soldier. And he’s felt so much of it this evening.

Helovia already had given him so much. A herd, a home, a job to distract his dark thoughts, and now the affections of a mare. A beautiful mare- who so easily and selflessly shared her past demons with him. Pasts were complex things, and sharing them could be hellish. He knew. So very well. And this lovely creature had effortlessly let him in. He had spent his years delving into the lives of others. Meddling, using, being where others did not want him. His relations had been work, had been a chore. A task. A means to an end. But Rexanna had made this relationship simple, easy, innocent from the beginning.

Warm breath rushes out of his nostrils as he deeply sighs in contentment, pulling his black muzzle away from her velvet skin. Azure eyes glance to the horizon as he feels the leaving tide around their hooves. Indeed, the night sky is growing light with dawn. The stars are fading as the lavender light greets them. With it comes responsibility.

“I hate to leave you, my golden princess,” regret tinges his words as his gaze searches hers, “But I’m needed to help fix the glass mess at the Edge.” He did not want to leave this beach, or her. “They only use me for my muscle,” his complaint is laced with humor to hide the surprisingly deep misery he feels at the thought of leaving her. He would see her soon, he was not leaving her forever, for goodness sakes! He was acting like a mere colt in love. He blows a breath through his lips, irritated at himself.

ooc| No worries! Mine took forever, too <3 @[Rexanna]

Please tag Tembovu.