[PRIVATE] Into Dust
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
OPHELIA
A lifeless face that you'll soon forget

Cloven hooves swiftly carried her through the pass and into plethora. The trees greeted her, the sentinels stood quietly, and her strange, dual colored eyes sought Deimos. Her only purpose today was to give her farewells and suggestions for second lead, though he would have to ultimately decide that for himself. Perhaps the God of the Time would force him to consider someone else, like he had forced him to consider he as lead. She wanted to laugh at the absurdity of his mistrust, defiant to the Time God's insistence that she would excel, because she did. The Aurora Basin victoriously participated in their first successful invasion, and she attributed that to her ability to manipulate those around her and the dedication of those she called her own: Thranduil and Hotaru.

Now, he would be hard-pressed to find someone else to get on Gaucho's good side, or even his fair side. Thranduil had only excelled at pissing the war stallion off righteously, but Hotaru was still, perhaps, pure in his eyes. Ophelia had not relinquished her secrets about the pink mare, keeping her safe from scrutiny as she took the brunt of Gaucho's anger at the fateful meeting in the Frozen Arch. Now, she assumed, was the culmination of her hard work - the ability for Hotaru to maintain ties free from mistrust or suspicion.

She looked around the familiar landscape, spying Deimos and approaching. Her presence was more than likely to draw a few others,and she hoped that Hotaru and Thranduil would appear to hear her name them as honorable potential leads. Ophelia was not sure if Deimos would take the credit himself even though she had worked more closely with Phaedra's daughter. And, for once, Ophelia wanted the credit. Striding forward with confidence that she did not feel on the inside, she paused closely, blinking the chilly air away from her eyes. The Basin was beautiful, and she would miss this landscape, but she had to take a chance on herself. Maybe this was a horrible decision, but it would be her horrible decision. She would not let the God of Fucking Time or anyone else dictate her future.

"Deimos, I am resigning from my post as lead," she said clearly, though inside she was nervous. "My reasons are personal in nature, and I know that I would no longer be able to effectively serve the herd. I strongly encourage that you consider Thranduil or Hotaru as leads. The only reservations I have with Thranduil is that Gaucho does not like or trust him, and he is a foe who would crush you." The words were spoken clearly and without emotion. It was simple fact. Gaucho could easily take out the Aurora Basin with his herd of warriors and crafters, and he was nice enough to gift them with armor.

"I would send someone quickly to thank him for the armor they made for us to solidify ties, and also thank them for holding Confutatis. They have done much for us since we agreed to be allies." Ophelia shifted her weight. I will stay as long as I am needed to help with the transition," she offered. She was almost sure that he would tell her to get lost, but she would offer to do right no matter what.

@[Deimos]
@[Thranduil]
@[Hotaru]

Image by Twistyh-stock @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Deimos the Reaper

You bring death and destruction to all that you touch

Change was another knot in his noose. He balked, shied, shirked, and never truly welcomed it, preferring the way of stones and mountains. Deimos held too many pieces together to let them fall apart, to let them scatter away into the sovereigns. He avoided drawn out emotions, hovering on sentiments, seeking only quick, rapid action, or analyzing the way of the earth, and adhering to its shattering movements only when absolutely necessary. He eroded and altered like rubble, slowly, gradually, bit by bit, little by little, so his presence still carried the weight of control while his ruminations ventured in other directions, while his cold calculations mired into deeper pits. Slivers of irony always punctured and pierced thereafter, for it took him so long to mold himself into new rivulets and pathways, that the realm seemingly passed him by – he was suddenly complacent, detached, and sunken into the mundane all over again, stuck in his quagmire of aloofness and indifference. The invasion had ended. Their victory had been secured. Thereafter, he stole across lands and wandered around his empire like a vigilant ghost, a constant phantom, a conspiring wraith, twisting and turning over ruins, plotting and planning the next abominations, contorting into a vehement revolution, another molten pariah. Nothing persisted, crackled, or seared down his spine. Nothing crawled, craved, or carved a niche in his chilling foundation; he was a dulled monster all over again, drawn into the corridors of patience and composure. The cycle would eventually whittle away at his bones, drag its wares down his neck, trace and sketch its reverberations through his skull, rant and rave about fate and all of its augured, disgusting notes, its brilliant schemes, and he’d traverse down into one more hellhole for the might of his herd –

The Reaper’s attention was diverted from brooding to the appearance of Ophelia rampaging across the grounds. He stood at attention, nonchalant features cast into varying ranges of interest and apathy, eyes narrowed in rigid speculation, the reasoning behind her confident gaze and the weight of her pause. But as her words rambled, as her phrases clipped, as they shorn away at the chilling winds and the bestial shades of autumn, all he could feel was the incredible pulse of rage suddenly beating against his senses.

Leaving. She was leaving. She was simply wandering off into the midst. As if the Basin was nothing. As if she’d bid her time and decided they were no longer worth all those hours, all those minutes, all those seconds and fragments.

He scarcely listened to her. The beating, boiling, brewing culmination of all his frustrations leeched into his core and spiraled against his membrane like a vicious, vehement haze, blinding, scorching, searing behind his eyes. For the moment, he didn’t care if Gaucho could beat them into a pulp. He didn’t care if she held reservations about Thranduil. He didn’t care if the Throat made ten million armors. In those idle junctures, he was all rage, all poison, all vexation. How dare she were the first thoughts wired and transpired through his cranium, flowing in the heavy breech of silence, scraping into the tense, terse enmity. Where were her bright speeches now? Where were those careful muses, those intricate arts, of dedication, of commitment, of loyalty now? He felt almost partially to blame, listening to her methods, her motivations, sprinting down whatever path she pointed him to (like he’d had no notions of his own, like he’d held no awareness, listless and nothing; some of the fury turned to himself, pricked and poked and lacerated unseen wounds). What had he been doing, listening to her preach and spout her pious declarations, her heartfelt notions, her tender nuances? Was this just a continuation of the same old cycle: thrown crowns and unreliable cretins? Psyche, with her broken horn and her strange, unsettling fragility, Illynx and her disappearance, and now the Forsaken – due to cast aside her throne. Was he the only one capable of remaining, a piece of the summits, a portion of the peaks, too entrenched his carnivore raptures, in his raptorial reveries, in his immoral, rancorous commitment? The wild ire, the fierce friction, the looming abyss drove at his insides and rasped against his annihilating heart, until the arts, the invocations, the spells of his necromancy were allured, enticed, fueled, eager to fester and ruin the cause of all this deceit, all this stupidity, all this great, grand idiocy. He didn’t want to know her reasons. He didn’t want to know her cause. He didn’t want to know her.

The beast just stared in his antagonistic distortion, in his disbelief, in his Mephistophelean depravity. Nefarious inclinations reared their ugly head, bore into his enamel, flagged and flanked the forceful reign of his terror; and he almost wished it was like the old days of the Edge, where he could have pressed just a little more, where he could have arched one more wild, sadistic fervor, and seen her die and wither on the borders. Instead, his brow furrowed, a look of absolute distaste, a glorious, clawing, ripping, hedonistic elation of acrimony and infidels crossed into the damned coil of his features: allowing her to see the shadows of his licentiousness creeping amongst the bestial ardor. He parted his mouth and proffered her the briefest amount of consolation, for all her efforts, for all her methods, for all her manipulations (because they’d brought the Basin to the forefront of success, to relish in the taste of victory, but somehow, someway, they’d also set him further into the caverns, into the caves, so now he was even more lost in the ways of diplomacy, in the acts of consul). “You exceeded my expectations.” The words were clipped, curt, battling over the sinuous savagery building between his veins, and while he wouldn’t allow the malediction to score or scorch, the temptation was there, lurking, present, potent. “Now, you disappoint me.” The Reaper didn’t maneuver any closer, remaining composed, rigid, bound by strength, by diligence, by everything she was choosing to drop aside. The Basin meant naught to her, and it meant everything to him. Why build things, only to abandon them? Why create and mold and sculpt, only to let them wither away? All the queries flooded his mind, and none of them were mustered past his tongue, along his lips. He met her only with disdain, with contempt, with foils and fuels of anarchy, shaking his head in disillusionment. Why were they constantly abandoned? “What the Basin does now is not your concern.”

Then, change bound itself against his frame, and he knew, he knew, he knew, the world was forcing him to alter, to abide, to amend all over again.

He could do it. He could show her. He could pick and choose the new crowns. He didn’t need the Time God to tell him what to do. He didn’t need the pinnacles of destiny to chime and echo and ring; there were already others who’d long since proven themselves.

image credits
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Oh now this was amusing .The Reaper, in all his “impotent offense” came sauntering over, standing there while saying nothing – and honestly, who was surprised? If she had an ally for every time he stood silent like some dumb mute, she would have an entire planet of friends. And thus she waited for him to get through whatever thought process he was following before deciding to grace her with whatever choice words he had prepared. And, once he spoke, she wanted to laugh out loud. It took one, wild and sick grin crossing her lips to stifle the internal howl that mocked him from deep within the fragments of her tattered heart. She had long since stopped giving a shit what arrogant and self-righteous stallions thought of her, and if she had digits with which to rudely gesture, she might.

If he was actually in a habit of leading the Basin instead of sitting his arse upon a throne and delegating (and there was a rather significant difference), perhaps he would be less disappointed with her leaving and more eager to set the herd upon his own path. Instead, she mused that he was most likely irritated and concerned that he might actually have to lift one prim and precious hoof and perhaps even open his mouth to speak. Work.

All of his allies? Hers.

The efforts to involve them in a war and set them on a path to win? Hers and Hotaru’s. He could claim nothing but the utterance of his acceptance to a plan she had already put in motion.

And she was the disappointment to him? This was laughable. He was the true disappointment. He was a figurehead, reaping the rewards around him at the bloodshed and efforts of others – not his own. In fact, his legend title suited him well in this regard. He was a reaper of the rewards of other’s efforts, and she had been a pawn after the Time God forced her upon him without a single word of recourse. Now he was complaining. He did not want her to lead in the first place! The irony was thick enough to cut with her horn.

The wild grin faded to a smirk, one brow raised in humored disbelief. “How fortuitous that your opinion has not meant much to me,” she snorted. Arrogant prick. “You fought my ascension and now you mock my leave. Ironic, really. It took a God to force you to see beyond your narrow scope and you so quickly make me your enemy, even knowing what I know and recognizing the ties I have forged.” He truly was foolish. She was patient, a knife in the dark, and she held power and sway over men and gods mightier than he. Ophelia promised herself to make him regret this one day, and on his last breath as leader, at her hooves, she would utter those same, snarky words with glee.

She never claimed to be ‘good’ or righteous. Perhaps this was even petty, but an eye for an eye would never satisfy her need for vengeance. All transgressions would be repaid two-fold. Coupled with her loyalty, these drives made her a powerful ally, but they made her a bitter, eager thorn in the side of her enemies.

Ophelia had tried to do this the right way. She came to him, stating her intent. She offered to help him build so that her absence would not be sorely missed, and like a true fool, he spoke from his heart instead of his head. With a smirk still curving her mousy, gray lips, she bowed her head, the action a complete mockery of his station – one that she held as his equal for long enough. “Goodbye, Deimos.” The pale princess stepped away, preparing to leave. She eagerly awaited his next choice for lead, wondering if he was talking more out of his ass while trying to get the last bit of her advice put to use.

Time to visit Gaucho an Archibald.

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

He had intended on returning north, slipping into the Basin with a quiet step, and up into his cave for a little rest after such a turbulent swing through the south. A quick rest, and he’d head out again. Haldir was up in the north awaiting him, he could feel even through the distance the deer’s pining whines of loneliness. He was nervous though after returning as Rohan to the Throat, so he had flown into a massive tree, but no one would ever know if he flew out, or lay in it resting, for his magic of invisibility had cloaked him mid-way through. Out he had sailed, before landing in a thick grove of trees at the edge of the land bridge. Here at last he let the pain of transformation take hold, and now steps out invisibly as himself.

So up the mountains he walked, keeping invisible to avoid the eyes of any wander Falls. In such a state of alert, for though he made no sound, rocks still roll and tracks in snow are still made, that he saw Ophelia. The normalcy of this sight though did not spurn his steps. She was the lady and so surely had business in other places. Most likely she had come back from the far south to visit the Throat. So he made no rush to catch up to her, and was content to follow the red dipped lady to the Arch and through.

When at last he stepped through the Arch to see her figure again, he moved to go around her, smiling to himself at thought of her seeing hoof prints walk beside her. He had made it only a few steps when she called out, near jumping in place. Her tone though is really what spun him on his heels. Earth eyes narrow and the crowned head swings around with a more serious look. There were no poetic lacings of diplomacy or pleasing, nor was this the steely voices of war. This was empty and pitiless, a tone of carelessness, and if anything were without any emotion or tone at all. It was most unlike the Ophelia the golden knew. As the dark reaper steps forward, the golden also returns, and listens.

She was leaving, a brow raised. Her ‘personal’ reasons were most unknown to him, but suddenly became the fix of his thoughts. The gold did not yet know of the new leads in the Edge, otherwise it might have been easier to guess, though he had little idea their little romance had progressed so far. He was left stumped, but whether she was nervous, had little care, or was just ready to get it out, she kept talking. The next lines were the most striking of all.

Him lead? What the fucking hell. The gold was glad he was still wrapped in the soft comforts of invisibility for that face he did not want to share with others. Anger bubbled under his skin, but so did the sooth fires of pride and vanity. Still she kept talking, and in the flurry of news he couldn’t be given a second of progressing thoughts. In a sense though, the mare was just burying her hole deeper and deeper. Her ‘reservations’. How in the hell did that woman know about that?!

The golden had no knowledge of her ability to mind read, nor that she had done so not many days ago on Gaucho’s visit. Overall pride now took the bruise to bristle with anger at the slap to his trade. Who gave a shit what she thought about who he offended and didn’t? Not knowing the truth he jumped to conclusions. It might be for Gaucho’s family talk the mare was leaving anyway? There little tea breaks have a bit more serious tone? In these thoughts he completely lost track that she had nominated him as lead, for his anger was being so pricked and fired by her insult (what he considered an insult). Even invisible the gold could not outwardly hide his anger, his ears pinned back and teeth bared. He would have no one insulting and judging him over such a little slight.

But of course she kept talking, and talking. It might have been a lucky hand that she did. Each second of changing thoughts left the golden in his silent stance time to cool, and remember what else she said. Of course it did the theory of her getting too close with Gaucho much credit in is mind. Why should they run to the Throat and throw themselves at Gaucho’s feet? The stallion was proud, and strong, but that was just it, he was one stallion. And if the golden had proven anything in years here so far, it was that no one, could speak with a more gilded tongue than he. Except for perhaps Hotaru. That’s right, her name had been mentioned as well. More bickering broke out in the golden’s brain as he remembered, she had been named alongside him. A silent cloven hoof rose and stomped silently on the rocks. The pink spy was alongside the golden theif eh? Well isn’t this just turned into a damn peachy conversation. Still, in the torrent of anger and jealousy the gold did grab hold of one small fact. Hotaru had changed Gaucho’s mind. If Ophelia had given in to Gaucho’s righteous talk, Hotaru had at least stayed true. (Because while he would never admit it even to himself, he might had made a mistake in all those years ago with Gaucho at the Rotunda) Besides, she was one of the few around here with any damn sense, so of course it got noticed. Though his anger is still fueled by the fact that Hotaru was not chastised for her errors (did she have any? The golden just assumed she did.) In all, the golden was left in a bitter mood. Where a normal creature would celebrate at being so honored, he stood looking damn near pissed, with a bitter gleam in his eyes.

For once, the golden was glad Deimos was there to speak his few words as possible speeches. He could not have handled long drawn out goodbyes now, it might have turned into more violent event. As the dark reaper paused between phrases the gold continued to breath and ease. His mind reaching out to jump to conclusions on Ophelia’s words. She had reservations. She didn’t think he would fit huh? He was not skilled enough to play a two masked ally. She doubted his tact and skill (which in reality she had right to do). Well more the pity for her. She would one day regret those words. She would regret she ever doubted his skills or abilities. She would feel the same bitter sting doubled against her. The golden would see to that.

But today was not that day, though she tempted him with her goodbye. At this little spat the gold could only sigh and roll those hidden earth eyes. What had the damn mare expected? The fact she got an admittance of a change mind from Deimos was praise enough. Did she expect a gift giving? A fancy retirement ball? Did she really expect their opinion to be high of her when she spoke of leaving with a heartless voice? Or to be let in on the new order when it was apparent by her known information she was in close contact with those who should not know such? When she left their walls without an admitted cause? Now the golden was no herd cheerleader, let alone player, but damn, she had to recognize this was actually a rather nice send off for the Basin. Look at her in her mocking smile and bowed head. Had she really ever cared at all? Or was did she actually learn something while spying for Kri all those years ago. Perhaps that is what angered the golden most. He had been fooled.

She was leaving though. Her white frame growing smaller. The gold was in control of himself more now, his mind having time to process the quick, short conversation. Now there was this unsettling business. She had mentioned his name and that was about to have consequences. As she moved out the gold let his rank magic fall away, letting his figure shiver like falling dust into view of others. She had made him angry though. She had ruffled his feathers. In the end it might actually have been her own demise. If it had been a happier moment, one without threat or bitterness, the gold might have actually left, not even considering the mention of his name. He was a man of the shadows, and though a lover of power he did not prefer the light of it. Oh but her words had fired him, and denying himself the taste of vengeance in the moment left him sore. Accepting the nomination would show her. He would journey back and prove past ills with Gaucho were within his grasp to smooth. She would see the world grow about him from his hand feel puny in its reflections (of course the reality of achieving this, and the responsibility it entailed had not occurred to him as so hateful to his style just yet). His attitude may not last for long, but it was here now, strong enough to do as he might not have otherwise done. As those earth eyes, sharp, hard and clear, turned from her figure to Deimos he was more than ready to accept. Ready to act. Ready to shut those haters up.

OOC::
Wardrobe:: circlet, hawk necklace, satchel (blue cloak, pole arm, dagger, armband)
Identities:: Ampere, Cashmere
"talk talk talk"

Thranduil
His words are clever and bright

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru
and Alice

The she-wolf had never sought to understand the magical threads of Helovia that drew each inhabitant to where they needed to be without the individual ever being aware of the subtle manipulation. It had been the draw that had brought her to Alice's egg, to Arya's dying body, Mirabella's wounded return. It seemed that every turn of fate and origin-rewriting pulled on the strings they were all helplessly attached to, mere mannequins and puppets to be pulled and danced along to the song of their preordained destiny. Yet they only ever had mere inklings of the truth, moments of enlightenment where they stopped and realized that something about Helovia was off. Hotaru had them often, and they bothered her ceaselessly in the quiet hours where the mind often preyed upon logic and order - dissolving it into thoughtless paranoia and endless awed questioning. Yet she followed the tugs nonetheless, hardly aware of the fact that they were there, ending up wherever it was she was needed.

Bicolored eyes had seen too much for her youth. Barely considered an adult by any seasonal standard, she had already birthed an immortal child, risen as one of the heads of her rank, helped secure peace between the most ancient of Helovian enemies, and orchestrated the downfall of a herd. Yet with it had not come all the grandeur and fame that her mother had whispered not into her ears, but into her twin sister's. Hotaru had heard the legends nonetheless, and though it shamed her at times to have fallen into the steps of her dam when as a child she'd wanted anything but, the thief had ended up victorious in ways that Phaedra had never been capable of achieving. Even with the sorrow that simmered beneath her hatred, Hotaru could sense a mere glimmer of triumph and satisfaction at having superseded the one who had brought her so lovelessly into life.

It seemed the Gods had woven their threads of fate and destiny tightly round the vacant shell, the vessel that she surely was in the vehicle of their desires. Had Gaucho not fallen to the wiles of the Goddess as well? Another stage for her to stand upon, another play for her to bear helpless, unwitting and unwilling witness to. She waited in the wings, tentative in her arrival, the bluster of words already pervasive in the chilled air. For a moment she felt cowed and childlike, as was her age and therefore will and liability to do so. Deimos who had granted her the title she so valiantly desired, hungered and thirsted for. But Ophelia...

The ivory goddess had been her distant, idyllic mentor for too long beneath Ophelia's awareness. As a foal she had adored her for following her heart, for striding away from her crumbling throne because it was what had been best for her. Her poise and grace, rather than Phaedra's seductive temptations, had been the founding stones for Hotaru's frame and personality. The she-wolf had formed herself willfully, created a perfect machine and then simply inhabited it, a formless but flawless act. Ophelia rang in every fiber and cell of her vessel, and Hotaru had yearned for her approval and in some distant, unacknowledged corner of her mind, her affection. The rosen maiden had built Ophelia up into an idol, and to see her leaving, to watch her turn away again - leaving me again, leaving me behind I can never catch up why can I never catch - was like a knife slotted perfectly between her lower ribs. As perfect as the Forsaken had always been inside her mind.

Her sudden, momentary disdain for Deimos was as fleeting as the thoughts that filtered hazy through her mind. Nomination to take Ophelia's spot? It was the greatest gift and acknowledgement that Ophelia could have given her in that moment, and the woman was both instantaneously enlightened and fearful. How could she hope to replace the frosted lady? What did Ophelia see inside of her - where Hotaru would not even dare glimpse for belief that she would find herself rotten all the way through - that lent her the faith that the young lass could even aspire to be her successor?

Only when words were thrown to the earth and forgotten, dissolved, did Hotaru dare to move forward on clumsy, filly legs. She composed herself only to move past Deimos, quiet words on her lips for him. "Excuse me a moment." It was not a request, for he could not truly hold her, but it was a civilized expression of respect for what little it meant when Hotaru was pursuing Ophelia rather than staying at the Reaper's side in support. She followed the maiden hopelessly down the cliffside, her name burned into her tongue only to be expelled lest she turn to ash from the heat of it. "Ophelia!" But she was already gone, leaving Hotaru in her wake, wondering if this time she could make the woman proud of her.

Turning, she slowly made her way back to Deimos. Times had changed. Hotaru had family and duty awaiting her, tying her. She could not wander after Ophelia's steps as she had when she'd left the Foothills as a mere babe, mimicking the newly lost leader. But perhaps she could form herself into someone Ophelia would be proud to have ordained.

@Ophelia Lots of mention of her this post is almost entirely about her, so just in case you wanted to read more than glimpse!

Image by Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Deimos the Reaper

You bring death and destruction to all that you touch

Smoke and fire and vitriol; her acrimony and petulance was unappealing at best. He listened to her flares, to her molten venom, to all the mania and withering decibels in between, wondered who should be more offended – the brethren she was leaving behind, the remnants of her tempest, or himself. Everything was so tilted, so odd, so skewed, that he was simply the nonchalant, emotionless beast again, the void between storms and anarchies, the hollowed, hallowed portion of monstrous heathens and unsettling cretins. At what point had he made her his opponent all over again? Because he refused to adhere to her guidance? Because he wanted to do something, anything, without her involvement? Because he should’ve been capable, because he was more than a sullen soldier or savage castaway? Because he was so sick and tired of his herd being abandoned time and time and time again to the maelstroms, to the anecdotes, to the flailing missions of its predecessors? To those who seemed to drop it out of the sky, who forgot the glacial peaks, the minarets, the summits, the illustrious, dangerous, treacherous, intrepid wiles? What had she expected? For him to reach out for her, for him to beg her to stay? The moments were incredulous, disbelieving, unwinding and unfurling in ridiculous measures and tones, and he stood, stock-still, a marble statue to the altering affects of the dubious zeal. He ignored her dagger swings, her deepening cuts, her loathsome words (but deep down, something penetrated, and he knew it when his chiseled, nefarious heart ached at the thought that he’d never been quite enough for a herd, for a land, that he cherished beyond reason, that maybe she had done everything and he’d been a mere piece of slate, a brutal sword in chains, awaiting fights, and wars, like a mysterious titan with no name, no future). He settled into the dust and oblivion, scraped away the enamel of wrath and indignation, and pulsed with his chilling wake, with his vicious ardor, with his vehement, ferocious immorality, pondering how he’d become the provocateur when he was not the sovereign renouncing their post, tossing their crown, throwing their throne. Eventually, the Reaper spoke, but to the amount it held, to the use it built, to the necessity it strived, he wasn’t sure – he could be talking into the wind, never heard, never grasped, never held, but likely the only time he’d ever pursue the words coiled and brewing across his tongue. “You are not an enemy.” What vengeance did she need to seek? What had they done to her? He was too perplexed, too befuddled, too confused by the flow of ineptitude, by the shattering of skylines, that he didn’t rankle the edges any further. It’d been done, solidified, and rendered into distant forms quickly, rapidly, swiftly; everything undone, pooled and collected at his feet – and he hadn’t a clue what to do with any of it.

He took the first step to proving his mettle beyond just the battlefield, just the dais of war: the Reaper’s narrowed eyes focused on her ivory frame as it eventually flickered out of the horizon, nodding swiftly to the approaching Thranduil, to the desperate Hotaru. In all of this mess, in all of these follies, the demonic infidel knew he could do right by the two: they’d demonstrated their prowess, they’d manifested their tactics, they’d professed wiles and used them to extreme advantages (plucking armor, ensuing wars, provoking and needling and bending the frames of pinnacles and warlords). Thieves and impersonators, roses and gold, masques and plagues, all winding, all curled, all extended before him; due to be consecrated. They could be what the Basin truly needed, to fill the hole Ophelia had left, to lift and lift and lift the Basin higher and higher until it became more than beasts of an alliance, more than a flicker of triumph, more than a taste of conquest. Maybe he’d never told them about their worth, about their feats, about their strength, and now he could provide the duo with what they truly deserved. The living scythe searched for ways, for social cues, for methods to embark on the ceremonial pursuits, but in the end, it was always blunt, always curt, always only what was absolutely necessary. He spoke towards the horizon first, the faraway fields that once held a Forsaken beast and now conjured only the rise of more bestial flames (phoenix bellows, distorted and corrupted, deep in the corners of his chest), giving information to what they likely already knew and understood. “Ophelia has left the Basin for personal reasons.” He swung his skull, with all its majestic cruelty, with all its poised reticence, with all its bestowed licentiousness, and proffered a fair legion of pride to reach past his brow, along his eyes – for them, for the new crowns he thrust towards their waiting frames, for the polished scepters and the gleaming machinations and the avaricious toils waiting in the wings. Ophelia may have made them great – but maybe, they could be even grander, even wiser, even more imposing. With each of their skills, with each of their potency, there would be reason to fear the north. “Would you two join me in leading this kingdom?” No grand ceremony, no rising pomp and circumstance, but an appeal to crooked agents and rebellious hearts. He wouldn’t balk at this alteration, at this molding – and coveted, for singular, specious moments, that they wouldn’t either.

image credits

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru
and Alice

Something ancient and dusty seemed to echo off Deimos' hide, his very soul if her eyes were so keen. As she trailed up behind Thranduil, newly revealed and meaningless to her where once they were bitter rivals and distrusting acquaintances, her dual gems fell upon the last remaining Lord. Ever vigilant, ever constant since his ascension. The leads of the Basin had always been changing, chameleons despite the colorless expanse they ruled. The mother in her wept for what he must have seen, the forsaken abandonment he had suffered at the hands of those too listless and driven by wandering hearts to have cared to stay at his side. It was undeniable that Deimos was difficult, he wore it upon his hide like scars and displayed it in scowls and sneers. But she looked upon him, up above her as she trailed back to his side - returning to him as so few ever had - and saw nothing but a weary recluse with too few to fall upon and no shoulders he could trustingly bury himself into.

Tiny frame drew itself tall and regal, striding up the path towards the tired Lord with the chaotic eyes. They were a mess of a trio, rebels and vagabonds, pied pipers and peter pans all rolled into one. They all had their secrets, their pains and hurts and aches that they felt in the loneliness of the night, in the secrets of their flesh. Nobody could have anticipated the change of events that was unfolding like whispering, ancient books before the young maiden. Dished face tilted, regarding the king with his weathered face and sharp, fox eyes. Distrusting, guarded. What had driven him to be such? Hotaru was the wielder and tender of secrets; lies, slander, gossip, snippets of sincerity and unvarnished truth. He held so many of them, those beautiful little gems of knowledge. She hungered for them just as fiercely as she newly desired to help him heal and mend enough for him to trust her - oh but did anyone ever trust her? - freely with the information. She wanted to hold him in her delicate hands, a complex puzzle to be gently teased and prodded until the way was shown clearly to her, the complex locks fitting all at once into one another.

Ah, and Thranduil. Her feelings for him were complicated, if only because he at times willfully made them so. They were creatures of selfishness and greed, but perhaps she had entertained the idea of him being a partner to her, someone she could trust implicitly to understand the frequency that she lived within. Perhaps...her thoughts fled as she returned to Deimos' side, his flesh warm and emanating from his vessel despite the rumored frigidity of his heart. Though she knew not how well it would be received, she murmured quietly, words meant for his ears as they slid off her tongue with more sincerity than the woman generally desired to show.

"Just because the words evade you does not mean all is lost," was all she proffered on whispered breath. He did not seem to be a very eloquent creature, as she had taken from her promotion at his hands. But if he felt any sorrow, any regret for what had occurred with Ophelia...perhaps it would bring him a small modicum of comfort to know that things could still be mended. Hotaru had not always been so silver-tongued, had made her mistakes and had paid for them appropriately. Or maybe she was just assuming too much, overstepping a line he'd placed long ago.

Except Hotaru had never taken well to restrictions and boundaries.

“Would you two join me in leading this kingdom?”

Her heart was momentarily as frozen as the glaciers to the north, stopped dead in her chest as if he had exerted his full magic upon her in mere moments. Ophelia nominating her had been honor enough, one she would have worn inscribed into her very flesh so long as her mortal life wound onward. To have it taken to mantel, recognized and approved mere moments later was too much for the thief and her wavering heart. But the answer was never anything else. Her life had been the Basin even before she'd graced its borders, back when she'd stood in the Steppe and d'Artagnan had found her, seen the grace and potential inside of her and vowed to make her a member. The Auroras had imprinted themselves into her blood and bodice, and she was irrevocably tied to the land, just as her father had been. He had never left, not even for love and begging. Perhaps he had spread his curse to her, for she could not envision loving anything more wholly than the herd and the mountains it resided it.

"Without hesitation." Eyes glittered like broken gems and silver blade edges, attentive and enraptured, a worshiper at mass finally granted enlightenment. Her purpose was only just settling, a perfect fit inside of her chest, but he would have her for as long as she could physically be called upon. Likely even past that time. She would swear to him, to Thranduil, to the God of Spark and the herd itself. Eternity. The Basin Lady curse would end with her. There was nowhere else she'd rather be, her heart as cold and frozen as the snow she had buried it in, deep in the center of the land. Separating herself from it would only kill her in the end, and so she would take the crown he offered her and wear it through hell and high water.

Proudly.

Image by Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

What in hell’s name was he doing?! This was the king of thieves, not the king of others. Standing before the Reaper, waiting with sharp eyes still hot with anger, the golden was acting most unusual. Well, unusual compared to the man of shadows, the man who’s only actions towards leads were false smiles and humors. Now he stand here ready to accept if it is offered? He stands tall and broad to try and prove it was his to take? It seems most unreal, most unnatural, but it all the power of anger. The golden never did bear the fires well in his soul. He let them burn too hot or too large. He let them lash out uncontrollably, such as in the spar with Thor, or let them push him to things he would never do, such as this. If he had not been angered, and no slight made, would such course still be his? What if are for children and fairytales, but in this there is a true question. He as a man of shadow and sneak, but he was also a lover of power. Was that enough to push him to it? No.

There, hiding under rocks and mountains forming the base of the fires of anger is another truth. He was a manipulator, a destroyer. Chaos haunted his steps, and was under his hoof to direct. Since the first day he had come to these mountains, and had to prove his skills, even against the dark devil standing here, he had promised to worm into it. Like termites he would find the wood and eat it through. He would grind in unheard and unseen. Up he had risen and now was at the precipice. That was powerful enough to drive him to this choice. He would have the ultimate hand, the higher voice, and no one could question his slow, but steady workings to undo it all.

Of course, this what if, did not hold Hotaru at his side. As the mare steps back to Deimos the golden let’s his gaze turn to her. It did not hide the hard look it laced upon her at first. This pink spy. She was a threat. She had always been a threat. Perhaps she should take it as a compliment. Her skills were (not just spoken of) but proven to be at par with his. While the golden might have curled about Illynx those seasons ago, Hotaru had been fondled by Ophelia. It spoke greatly to their differences. Yet under the red queen’s hand she had not just gone par but, the golden reluctantly admitted, excelled. Worse of all though, she proved in their short conversations she was not to be fooled, or cohered. The golden would get nowhere with that one keeping him on a short leash. (She might not have, but the golden assumed her to be so likeminded as he that she wouldn’t dare trust him otherwise.) That was a very unpleasant thought. He would not have her ruling over his head. So looking over her, and forseeing his future, the golden’s hot fires of anger were joined with reason.

The golden turned to watch the last of the white mare go (as Hotaru whispers in the dark devil’s ears). When he turns back he waits. His pride and ego far too large to second guess what was coming. The Reaper waits long enough to ask. Then the question slides through. When it there though, in front of him, the golden hesitates. It was planned to be the first to sound out the affirmation, but he had not prepared to be offered one third of the crown. The change paused him. Looking to Hotaru the thoughts of before pass by and he remembers the dim future of her holding over him. “Ladies first…” He smiles, the first of the gathering. If she said yes, he would have no choice. He would let the anger fully take him, and throw himself into the fires. If she said no….he never got a chance to find out. Hearing her acceptance, sealed his own. “With pleasure.” The phrases throwing into play the differences between the new lady beside him (could he really call her lady? Doubtable, more like a stallion than any mare he’d met). With that the pride outran the anger, and the golden’s already crowned head rose and settled back, with a small smile playing on his lips (what? he couldn’t help the love of power). Now they were set. Now they would rise. Did the golden realize what had just done? Time would tell.

OOC::
Wardrobe:: circlet, hawk necklace, satchel (blue cloak, pole arm, dagger, armband)
Identities:: Ampere, Cashmere
"talk talk talk"

Thranduil
His words are clever and bright

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.