the Rift

[OPEN] A half-assed adventure

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
If I had a heart I could love you
If I had a voice then I would sing

The Engineer needed a vacation of sorts - or at least a brief moment to reacquaint himself with the rest of civilization. He had shut himself off in the Aurora Basin for a long damn time, and except for returning Midas' body, he was very much a recluse. Refusing to turn into the goat of the mountain, which his hair was nearly deciding for him, he took a brief venture south. Winter, it seemed, was about to arrive everywhere, but at least in the Thistle Meadow, the thick chill and snow fall had not yet tainted everywhere.

A midday wind rustled through his thick beard and chest fluff, and he strode easily on his bronze, cloven hooves through the grasses. The sun, warm and inviting, beat down on the dark hide of his sleek coat, stretching over corded muscles that rippled easily. He was thinking about someone he should not be thinking about: Essetia. And, he was wondering what happened to Torleik. One day he was the general, and the next day, he was nowhere to be seen. Where was his bearded cousin? He was just starting to get used to his puffy, inflated presence marching around with such authority.

Even the thought made him want to smile.

"Careful Ulrik... you've gone soft..." Kirchoff warned mockingly in his head, the black hellhound trotting easily and his side. The wolf snickered in a hissing, dog-like way.

Ulrik gave him a sour, but playful, look and shook his thick, knotted mane. "Maybe... I am not sure that is such a bad thing. I... well... I like having family."

He did. Losing Illynx and Rikyn had been hard. He missed his son sorely, though he would rarely admit it out loud. The Engineer sighed heavily, grateful for Kirchoff's silence as he spent a few minutes brooding. At the edge of the stream, he halted his movement, yawning a bit with exhaustion as he stretched, looking around at the many plants and fibers here. Maybe he could make some protection from winter with these resources? Weave a few blankets or maybe another tent?

Ulrik stood thinking about this for some time, rather lost to the rest of the world.

[[COME BOTHER ULRIK :D ]]

image credit

(Please tag me in every post)

Ruairi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I don’t know the name or the history of this land, but already I love it. The trees grow tall and broad, dropping leaves like confetti on a carpet of green around the trunks. The highest branches spread into a wide, sheltering canopy, but here on the ground even I have room to race and caper, wings flicking this way and that to mirror the lines of my body.

I kick and leap, reveling in the strength of my own legs and massive wings, exhilaration plastered across my face like a banner of youths joy. A rainbow of loose foliage swirls around me, drawn up by the sweeping beat of my wings, and I rear to paw wildly at the mock opponent before spinning away and charging on.

Close ahead there’s a visible line in the ground where trees fall away and the forest opens onto a meadow of blue and purple blossoms. I rush forward to meet the open space, stretching my wings wide and high just past the last few trunks. With one strong beat I’m lifted away from the meadow, knees tucked as if to clear an obstacle, but instead of driving myself higher I fold the layers of feather and muscle to half-mast and extend my legs again to come thundering back to ground. It’s not until I’ve come halfway across the meadow that I finally start to tire, lungs heaving to draw in oxygen enough for my antics.

I slow myself in increments, breaking at last from a canter to the ambling running-walk I find most comfortable for traveling on all fours. The sound of water bubbling along a riverbed invites me forward, but as my eyes clear of restlessness and I look up toward the sound a startling mass of black hide halts me in my tracks.

OOC: @[Ulrik] Hihi
RUAIRI

manip | table | bg

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
If I had a heart I could love you
If I had a voice then I would sing

The stallion heard the rustle of feathers and visibly stiffened, the light in his vibrant, intelligent bronze eyes growing cold. His dislike of the feathered species was even greater than his dislike of the hornless, and the instinct to assume the persona of narcissistic ass was powerful. Old habits were hard to break, even if Essetia had been slowly and powerfully chipping away at the prejudice he had felt and enjoyed his entire life. Yes, enjoyed. Life was good when you were the alpha species, more powerful and beautiful than all the rest. With his cloven hooves, two, proud horns and long, shimmering beard, he was every ounce unicorn – a predator, glorious in his ability to destroy.

Could other species boast of innate swords? Tasseled tails made for balance? Cloven hooves for sure-footedness? Surely not! They were common rabble, normal, and painfully average. The blood of the unicorn had to be held pure, like a royal bloodline, but even those thoughts were slipping away. Genetics could not be changed so late in life, but did they not deserve a chance to prove their worth in other ways? Never could they be as strong or glorious as he, but from ant to elephant, the world held all and made all.

His calculating gaze swept over the red form, inhaling scent that was undoubtedly female. For whatever reason, they always smelled sweet – like fruit. Except Illynx; she had never smelled very sweet. She was very unobservant to just stumble across him like she did, and he offered no sign of sympathy as she looked up toward him in a startled way. Ulrik raised a thick, dark brow, and Kirchoff, his hellhound, curled up around one of his massive forelegs.

“Do you always wander around in life without paying attention to who is near?” he asked, the deep, rough tones of his voice punctuated by a thick, cruel sounding accent.

@[Ruairi] :D Anyone else is free to join too!!!

image credit

(Please tag me in every post)