the Rift

[OPEN] I want one

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia

[For @[Maren]. On the far shores of the Throat (on the Heart side)]

The earthen child liked wandering near the water. It was, metaphorically speaking, in her blood to be disposed to the water and the earth, and so finding herself on the shores where both elements of her heritage met, was fairly common. She'd never come quite this far though. The rocky hull of Helovia's hurt broke off and disassembled into granuals of sand, marking where the Throat's outer territory began. Isopia knew none of this of course - although even if she did, she probably wouldn't have cared. Trespassing meant very little to her. She was the daughter of the Earth God after all, if anyone had claim to the earth surely it was her? She'd yet found anyone willing to try and kick her off any land, but that likely had more to do with how odd she was, than a real power play.

The girl was only two seasons old, and yet her body was fully grown. Her limbs were extraordinarily long, and marked with the colour of sand and blood. Upon her head were four golden horns, but perhaps the oddest part of her appearance was the skull mask that constantly lined her jaw. For many the thought of the Earth God brought forth images of life and growth - but Isopia thought of death as much as life. Such was her birthright and her obligation.

Her golden eyes scanned the shores, constantly furrowing information in her vast mind for consideration. Never did she just lazily water. Constantly she was searching for anything new, or anything that needed her attention. The cold winds that reminded her Frostfall was just around the corner caused her mis-matched wings to hung closer to her lean flanks as she walked on the shores, half in the water, and half out. Ahead, something drew her gaze ... something hidden in the reeds ...

Trotting forward, the demi-child spied a craft unlike anything she'd seen. It bobbed in the water, floating - but not because of any magic. Its shape seemed to lend itself to its buoyancy, which immediately drew the girl's curiosity. What was it? What was it for? Lowering her muzzle, she sniffed the craft and drew the scent of another, but one that she didn't recognize. Her dark ears flicked as her skull masked head rose, allowing her golden eyes to look around. No one seemed to be near. Returning to the vessel, Iso waded into the frigid waters seemingly impervious to the bite of the cold current. The boat went deeper into the water than she might have guessed - but why? Perhaps the deeper the hull, the more weight it could bear? Snorting, a thought dawned on her. Did someone ride in this? Shock coloured her eyes as she stepped back out of the water, a curious look upon her features.

Could she ride in it?

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
The ship lay in the water, in a perfect balance swaying on the movements of the rolling sea. But in the corner it lay it was more silent than out there, in the open. Here, in this corner of reeds and marigolds, the squeaking sounds of the constrained wood could incessantly parade with the whispering of the cold winter wind without getting blown into the shape of a quiet, ballad-less floating. Which would not be terrible either, but with this boats aging wood, it was nice to hug the shoreline once in a while, too. But when a shade fell over the sunbathing vessel’s body, it could not do anything besides sit there. So, as the wind continued to whisper through the reeds, it continued to sway on the melody of the current when the strange girl came in. Probably thinking about being a boat, too, before realizing she couldn't. I am a boat. You are a girl. That would be the rules.

Shadow fell over shadow as the tigermare appeared from behind the corner of the rocks. Her wings lay still, hanging on the air beside her cheeks as she approached, eyes turning thoughtfully as the tall girl fell into sight. Then the mare halted her steps, stood still next to the swaying golden reeds. Her shimmering eyes rolled to the vessel, which lay unharmed in the cold ocean water, and then looked back to the girl who she saw gaping at it. For a moment her mind was louder than her tongue, wasn't sure what to say. But then she broke it; the chains, the thoughts, with idiotic dry words that just had to say. “Are you going to steal it,” the priestess’ outlandish voice called, rather flatly, as the girl was just getting herself out of the water. She had to look up a bit to face the golden irises of the stranger, and she had to squeeze her eyes against the light from the dripping sun behind her. But nevertheless the tigermares' silent gazers shone a little interested, because she had seen the girl before. In a forest not so far away from here at all. Then she had been fighting off little demons, helping a dying dragon, healing him – But that was seasons ago, and she knew bravery did not secured itself with time. So she just looked at the girl as she let her voice ring again.

“My boat – She nodded to the wooden body. – My key, my reminder – My promise for a journey.

@[Isopia]
Notes: I told you it would take a while :|

image credits
Please tag me