Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

I don't think I'd ever been so eager to complete a patrol. I think it was probably the fact that it gave me a reason to be out of the Throat and a reason not to sleep and be plagued by my nightmares. It gave me something to do, something to keep my mind totally occupied so I didn't dwell on everything that made me so terribly sad. The last two patrols I'd taken part in had been at the Veins, so I was a bit surprised when I was told that I would be going to the caves. The last time I had been there I had found Roux laying injured outside and had been terrified that I had been the one to hurt him in my infected rampage.

The caves weren't that far from the Throat, but I still flew to save myself some time and get there faster. I was well aware that there was a possibility that my partners (whom I had never met) were already there and waiting for me. When I finally reached my destination I circled overhead, mostly so I could see if there was anyone down there waiting for me. I didn't see anyone so I began my descent, using my wings to slow myself as the ground came closer and closer. My hooves touched the ground and my knees bent to absorb the impact, however slight it might have been. I tucked my wings against my sides and glanced around.

"Hello?" I called out because I couldn't be sure that they hadn't gotten here before me and went ahead without me. My ears tilted forward and I listened for an answer. After a minute or so I drifted closer to the cave entrance and looked down into the darkness and frowned because I really had no desire to go back down there.

"."
@[Zèklè] & @[Astrasza]y

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
T H R A N D U I L

“Hello” Comes a voice from behind her. From the woods where no one had been standing a moment ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The golden had come from the fields, having meet the Earth God there. His trail still made for Dragon Throat. It was slower than he had wished, but that might not have been a negative. He didn’t exactly have a plan yet. Haldir had been enjoying the slower pace, joyfully jogging about the woods. It had been him who found it in the first place. His small nose lifting to the winds, and body growing stiller. The gold noted the change, and slowed to watch. With an unbound curiosity the small deer let himself get carried away and jogged deeper into the woods, more directly south. The gold following.

White snipped nose lead the deer to an older part of the forest, rarely tracked. He looked back now and again, unsure of where he was being led by his sense, but the golden kept moving him forward. Then at last they come to old oak, its roots knarled up the earth at its base, and now leaves were about its base, though it was autumn. Golden harks pin back, and Haldir moves back. The golden can sense it too now though. Someone had been here. Something was still here. Wary, the gold moves around the tree. There was a wisp though, of something familiar. Forgotten, but remembered.

In a hollow on the other side of the tree, there is a glint of clear purple. The gold stands erect, and looks about him, but no one is there. Slowly he creeps to the tree. Haldir watches from where he had stopped, leaning towards the tree but daring not to make another step. The golden comes back with large object, dropping it before the deer, who creeps to see it. It was a pale glass horn, with a long strap and dangling at the end nine glass feathers. The gold looks at it with distant eye. He knew the mare who wore this, and knew also how long it had been and the little chance she would have parted with it. It was a pity, he had rather liked that mare all those moons ago, but it seems like she had disappeared. The golden picks up the trinkets and with some frustration crammed them into his satchel. They would be his. The debt the girl made years ago, was settled. With that the gold turns and moves on.

Which brings us to now. The golden had come from this dark forest back south, and found his path to be by the caves. Not a favorite place of his either. Haldir was in full excitement, he bounded to their entrance, dark little tail wagging, begging to go in. This time though the golden had had far too many detours. Snorting he moves on. But there had been a noise, a flutter of feather, or whistle of the wind. Immediately the gold disappears. His head reaching in to jerk off his invisibility cloak and toss it across his back. His nerves were on edge as it was, with travelling farther south and finding the old oak. Now he looks up, a bit paranoid, but finds his worry this time justified. A shadow moves closer. “Haldir, dolen” comes the hiss. The deer’s face shows hurt, but he slips into the shadows of the cave and behind a rock.

The bird indeed comes landing, the gold having to back up to give her room. But this was no stranger. He had met this bird before. Golden body stands tall, harks leaning in to watch. It was the girl who had seemed so little buried in Gaucho’s shoulder. Head tilts, watching closely. She did not seem little at first. Her wings placing themselves and head looking about, but when she looked into those caves and her questionable Hello follows, he can see her there again. The gold pauses a moment, but always his curiosity, and love of a good ‘boo’ moment, can’t help himself.

So he lifts his cloak away and lets it slide in the satchel again, before speaking. His ‘hello’ echos into the caves, but he does not call out to Haldir just yet. For now he just wishes to see that always enjoyable look of surprise.

Thranduil Speaks

•• TAGS: @[Ranjiri]•• NOTES: ••

Image and Table by Moonstone Designs
Image Credits Here

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Ranjiri</style>
</style>

"Hello."

A voice sounded behind me and I turned, expecting to see one of my patrol partners standing there. "Sorry, I..." And I fell silent becuase the one that was standing there was one I recognized, but not from the Throat. He was in the Basin with my aunt when she returned from the Falls invasion. He was the one that Gaucho hadn't liked and had argued with while I cried into his shoulder. "...didn't see you standing there." I murmured.

I couldn't hide the frown that pulled the corners of my mouth down, or the hurt that etched itself into the lines of my face. I'd spent so much time keeping myself occupied, running here, running there, trying to forget about what I'd witnessed in the Basin and one face brought it all back. I swallowed, I shifted my weight, I convinced myself not to run away. "...hi." I muttered. "I'm... patrolling. My partners are coming..." What was the point of saying that? To warn him that if he tried anything he would only have a short period of time? Was I that distrustful? Maybe it was Gaucho's reaction to him in the Basin that had a lingering affect on me.

I was uncomfortable and really, really wished that my partners had beaten me to the caves. Then I had the thought that maybe they had and my eyes widened a fraction. Maybe he had done something to them. Maybe he'd hidden them in the caves...

Then I snorted at my own ridiculousness and rolled my eyes. "I'm Ranjiri." I pressed on. "Who are you?"

"."
@[Thranduil]

Image Credits

aud pixel!

T H R A N D U I L

Oh why did they never jump with fright like mice and roll over. The golden’s body drops a bit of its built up tension. But he wasn’t fully let down. The girl in a normal voice drops off, as she seems to look more closely. The golden for his part, moves not. He instead tilts his crowned head slightly. A smile was not on his face but it was pleasant, and certainly not threatening or dead as the day she had remembered it. The golden had to admit though even without dramatics, this was rather fun. He wondered just how much he might be able to sway whatever image, if any, had developed in her mind of him that day.

She is quiet for the moment, and the golden does not move to break it. He only straightens out and lets his rolled next down, a bit more relaxed. There was a game a foot now and he was rather eager to get to it, but involved letting her lead. So he occupies himself by trying to see past her, into the cave. The shadow of Haldir was nowhere to be seen. Thankfully the deer had learned his eyes were like headlights in the dark, and he was not dumb enough to show them. Though “brain” caused strains on their relationship with his new ‘independence,’ at least it eased them as well.

The girl spoke again, and the golden’s attention was returned to her. He nods at her hello. Noting how little she seemed again, how she shifted, and paused. The voice muttering and hollow. Perhaps she remembered more about the day Gaucho visited than the golden thought. The challenge of this little game was growing. She speaks up again, and the golden listens well. He smiles, a little worn but certainly not its usual twisted self, nodding. “I shall be glad to meet them” The notion of patrols was interesting though. If she was a part of Gaucho’s flock now, then his hand was far indeed. Was he growing more watchful? He had his island now? What did the large stallion have to fear? Or was it a protection and show of force? Pondering over these things, the golden did not answer continue. It fell silent again for a moment more, before she spoke.

Ranjiri? He was a bit confused at that, having thought, from Gaucho her name to be Jiri. Were they really that close? So many questions. And now she was asking him some. Golden harks, leans more, but his small warm smile grows slightly. Every millimeter carefully measured and controlled, testing the boundaries, but in degrees. “I am Thranduil and,-“ The crowned head looks confused for a moment, and looks about him. Did he drop something? Loose someone? Oh but now he remembers. He looks back to her pleasant enough. “Apologies.” Head moves over, looking past her. “Tolo” A dark shape bounces up from behind a rock, and two large pale eyes open in the darkness. Haldir had been dying to come out. Now so gently called he practically leaps over the large rocks. The dark deer trots from the shadows, his own smile growing to see the pretty mare. “And this is Haldir.” The gold looks on the deer as he comes forward past her, turning to stop by the gold and look back at her.

Now what? More awkward silences? No, for a challenge of this size an offensive tack would be best. So the golden looks back to the mare from his bonded. His face a little more laden. Eyes not as warm, and smile fallen. “I am glad to find you in fact.” The gold shifts, his eyes glancing down. Was he nervous? Where was his mind going? “I mean I am glad to find you in better spirits.” He looks back up to her. Did he really care her grief was easing with time. “Gaucho seemed to comfort you, and I’m afraid I was in a rough state.” Was he apologizing? Well he might seem to be, but do not forget this a game. A challenge to win back her favor from whatever twists their first meeting made. I mean honestly, after a boring start of not giving her more a fright, he had to entertain himself through this somehow. Not to mention a Wildfire waits in the Throat where he would need all the same skills for his task.

Thranduil Speaks

Image Credits Here

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Ranjiri</style>
</style>

I stood staring at the golden stallion as he said that he would be happy to meet my patrol partners. It made me wish more fervently for them to arrive and be there with me. I didn't like being alone at the Heart with a stallion that I only knew from a brief and extremely unpleasant visit to the Basin. I guess I could have said that my partners would be glad to meet him for the sake of being polite, but my tongue suddenly felt like it was stuck to the roof of my mouth. I cast a quick glance toward the sky, hoping to see someone in the distance, but the sky was devoid of other pegasus. Finally, I introduced myself and asked who he was because I couldn't, for the life of me, remember his name. I just remembered his voice and the way he looked.

"I am Thranduil and- Apologies. Tolo."

When he looked past me into the caves I frowned because I didn't want to look away from him, but I was curious about what was behind me lurking in the darkness. I couldn't ignore the natural instinct to look and see what was behind me so I turned ... and when I suddenly saw the eyes in the darkness I flinched. The feathers on my wings puffed and my hooves shuffled, taking me away from the mouth of the cave. I swear my heart was beating in my throat. I felt utterly foolish when a deer came prancing out of the caves. I snorted my displeasure and looked back at Thranduil and the deer he called Haldir. My ears were halfway between laying flat against my head and tilted forward. "You did that on purpose..." I accused, though I had no way of proving it. It was just a hunch.

The look on his face shifted again, from confused to ... sadness? I think. Then he speaks.

"I am glad to find you, in fact."

"Why?"

"I mean I am glad to find you in better spirits."

If he knew about the nightmares that plagued my sleep he would have eaten his words, but I stayed silent.

"Gaucho seemed to comfort you, and I'm afraid I was in a rough state."

What did he mean that he was in a rough state? And why mention Gaucho offering me comfort? Was he trying to say that he would have to comfort me if he had been in better shape? If so what made him think that I would want him to? I hadn't even wanted my Aunt to touch me, so why would I let a perfect stranger? The only one I had wanted was Gaucho...

...I needed to say something, the silence was getting a little too drawn out.

"Gaucho seemed to not like you very much." I finally replied because I was unwilling to to admit just how much Gaucho meant to me to a stallion that my Sultan didn't seem to care for. Every instinct in my body was screaming 'Snake!' I felt like he was poking and prodding for information about Gaucho or maybe the Throat... whatever it was I was uncomfortable.

"."
@[Thranduil]

Image Credits

aud pixel!

T H R A N D U I L

Well that certainly was an improvement. The mare turns into a panic when Haldir bounces forward. It took all his skill not to grin at her silly and continue on. Luckily he was rather skillful and kept it mostly unwraps, but also luckily she turned to look. Only his tasseled tail picks up and swishes at his hocks as he watches the deer bound forward. Though apparently giving a bit of a startle wasn’t in the interest of his ‘game’. Looking like he had insulted her or kicked her below the belt she turns to him. Her anger lingering, but solid. He did that on purpose? Now whatever gave you that idea. The golden’s face scrunches and tilts. A bit harmed and confused at the suggestion. Now what would a nice guy like him have done that on purpose for? Of course this was all a lie but she didn’t know that. Clearly this game might be set against him.

But of course he had moved on, letting his hurt expression leave a stain on him, just a hint. Slumped shoulders, and lower head, but overall more at ease with ears forward and a pleasant face. She questions everything though, and suspicions abound. The golden’s tasseled tail continues to flick. Of course what else did he expect? If she was tight enough with Gaucho for nicknames and hugs, then of course she would take his warning against him. So while the golden gave this little girl credit for not taking the candy from the stranger, he did still grumble of its annoyance and keep on trying.

To her accusation the golden lets his ears fall back again and raises that crowned head. His words slip out, strained with hurt. “Why is it you are so quick and harsh a judge?” He steps back and shakes his head. Haldir beside him looks back to his bonded, confused at this expression. Yet he looks back to the girl, to her golden feathers with a curious glance. The golden though was in the middle of his act, not yet ready to give up on this venture. “If it is Gaucho’s opinion, then know it is the same quick judgement that causes it for I have never done ill to him.” Meant to but never had. Technically. “As for scarring you, know you wounded first with your sudden appearance, and is why Haldir hid till I could come.” The golden then breaks contact, looking down at the deer with more serious face. The deer taken a few more cautious steps to the girl, his little head low in submission, really just wanting some attention.

Pulling his thoughts and head back to the girl he seem to settle himself. “Are you satisfied now to see the shadows revealed?” Yet still be lost in the dark of the real monsters. “Or will you still let your imagination run wild?” Forgetting that imagination is actually you natural instincts. The golden was well pleased with this though, complimenting on his crafted speech. The quick turn of lies and twisted phrases always petting his pride till he purred. Course no sign of it shows, his face still tired and not as welcoming as it distances himself. If it went further south though, and no gains could be gained in the game, the golden began to think he might need to move on. Clearly he would need time to rethink the twists and turns of his plans for Gaucho if this did not pan out well. Certainly he did not need to taint his name more to one who stood by the wildfire so close. So though he rarely gave in, it was in fact true, that time was running out for this fun little chit chat.

Thranduil Speaks

Image Credits Here

Ranjiri</style>
</style>

"Why is it you are so quick and harsh a judge?"

"Your herd invaded my father's herd." I said, my voice falling flat. "Your herd, your spies, whoever captured my father and he died trying to escape from your herd." I didn't care that he looked sad or dejected or confused. How dare he ask me why I was quick to judge when his herd had caused me so much pain in such a short period of time. Its your fault that my father is dead. It was on the tip of my tongue, but I held the words back. "Am I supposed to think that you frolic with butterflies and fart rainbows?" I could feel myself glaring, my ears were back but not flat against my head, and my tail twitched against my legs in a show of irritation.

He spoke of Gaucho again and I snorted softly. "I trust my Sultan's opinion." I said stubbornly. "He's never steered me wrong." I could feel the thump, thump, thump of my heart as it began to beat faster because I knew that this patrol was going south very quickly. I could feel my temperature beginning to rise as the golden stallion poked and prodded at my nerves, giving life to a temper and anger that I often kept suppressed. Then he told me I wounded first and I scoffed. "Don't speak to me about wounds." Not when your herd is the reason my father is dead and my my heart is wounded.

“Are you satisfied now to see the shadows revealed? Or will you still let your imagination run wild?"

"Don't patronize me." I said quietly because I knew there were monsters in the shadows. I had become a monster and tried to hurt everyone that I loved. It wasn't my imagination that had cooked up the events that had transpired. I bore the physical scars that came with my time as a monster. "You can never truly reveal anything that hides in the shadows." I couldn't stand there anymore. I couldn't listen to him, I couldn't look at him, I couldn't speak to him anymore because I didn't want to.If I did it would probably end up a shouting match between him and me. So I turned away from him and moved as quickly as I could to a gallop, spread my wings, and took to the skies.

As far as I was concerned my patrol was done and I wasn't going back.

"."
@[Thranduil]

Image Credits

aud pixel!