the Rift

A Gold Heart and a Red Cape

Kelso Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Light had yet to seep into the meadows and woodlands, the birds remained in their nests and the foxes in their dens and the owl was just tuckering down in his tree. In the sturdy confines of a well-aged redwood, dark menacing wings stretched out to the twilight coated heavens. Shadow colored leather contraptions spanning from the stirring frame of a stallion stretched to the fullest before folding neatly and hanging along each of his sides. The red bay hellion was awake as he was every morning before the dawn, and he shook of remnants of a dreamless night and strolled the sturdy branch of the redwood and looked out over the sleeping land. His tree was raised somewhat on the little peaks that dotted the borders of the Ancient Rotunda. He could see the ancient structure among the trees surrounding it. It brought a smile to the stallion's face.

He made way down, his wings cushioning and softening his jumps from branch to branch before he reached the rich ground level below. By now birds had known better than to occupy this tree, lest they rather enjoyed being stirred this early in the morn. There was at least one inhabitant who did not mind, and she began to sing in a nearby oak as Kelso made way through the evergreens. She was a songbird who had been a helpless chick the season before, and he had helped her along in those days bringing her food to feed on and talking to her regularly. The bird had survived and grew strong and quite the singer and ever ready with song for her savior and friend. He called softly, a whistle like sound that filled the air and she called back. Again he smiles and processes on.

Sapphire hued orbs intimately scan the quiet lithe, noting the morning dew on the foliage and the buds just starting to peek open beneath the shelter of the trees. It is the same as ever morning, every detail seemingly in place. When he had reached the structure the floor is covered by the debris carried by the winds. He motions beneath its colorful ceiling. Carefully wings unfolded and in a swift motion of whisp-turn-whisp, the floor was clear just in time for the sun to rise. Its light was just a slither really that caught the corner of the ceiling, shining a pale scarlet beam onto the ancient flooring. In that light the hessian's red skin glowed, the dorsal stripe on his back seemed a bit indigo in contrast to the dark blue of its true coloration. Satisfied Kelso left the rotunda and took flight.

The sun was warming his cool wings as he set down in the meadows, the grass bending back slightly as he touched down. He continued to walk here where equines would come later in the day to mingle and congregate, and Kelso preferred to have the meadow to himself. He also enjoyed the grass with the morning dew still clinging to it. The silence had become his friend...though, there were some mornings he wished the winds or the trees might offer an opinion or two on things. This was a life he had come to accept and accept happily, but this was not to say it did not have its moments of loneliness. The little songbird had moved and was singing again nearby. Twin towers had bent towards the sound as he continued to graze. "Another day in the life my little friend..." He said softly. His voice was a tenor with a touch of edge, barely a whisper but the words spoken clearly.

OPEN
Note: revised first post for Kelso. first version did not leave much room for anyone else to come in and post. hope this is ok.

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

She figured that she would stop by the Threshold on her way back toward the Falls. Rasta had taken a short break in the Throat, tried to recollect herself with Cera. Perhaps it would all settle back down, fall back into place. Yes, that was what she was hoping. So for the moment Ettore had taken to the skies in front of her. Not too far ahead, but also not right above his companion, he tended to scan the area before them, where they were going and who was a possibility of interacting.

She shuffled her weight, pulling forth into one of the nearby meadow-like areas in this forest. It was definitely beginning to get a little bit sparser the closer she got to the Falls. "Perhaps we won't come across anyone new…" Rasta mused, blind eyes flickering across the land as she continued to edge forward.

Alas, it was the flashing of another creature through the bond that had Rasta begin to slow down. Her bronze crown and glass hawk charm glinted against the sun she had just began to walk into, and her light silver hawk marking upon her haunches still glowed vibrantly in the shadow it was underneath. There was the lilting noise on the breeze and she could feel the vibrations of a large stag with different wings than those who inhabited the Throat.

Ettore swooped down as she pulled up a bit closer to this stag and took his place upon her withers. "Hello, how are you?" she inquired, eyes lingering in the direction of where she assumed his gaze was. Though, if he met her eyes he would notice the lack of focus, of emotion, that came with the blindness.

She could only hope it would be a nice encounter, for she didn't really want to deal with it otherwise.

OMG. So sorry this sucks D:
I saw you didn't have a post so I popped in; but just a heads up (I do threshold posts first, regardless) that I am getting used to my work schedule and might be a few days between responses depending on how the schedule works out.

Also, WELCOME TO HELOVIA :D
I saw your application got accepted and that Kelso is a pegasus, so make sure to change that on your profile (as well as to fill it out completely). You can do this in the 'USER CP' which is located in the top sidebar box on your left. Also, the Threshold is an actual location (here) so I kinda wrote around the Rotunda portions and said that he was in a small meadow-y area of the Threshold closer to where the Falls.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll help as much as possible. I'm a Junior Admin so it's easiest to grab me on my '@[Abba]' account :D

@[Kelso] -- Also let me know if you want to be tagged! No need to tag me :D

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Unregistered
The light was bringing out his truer colors. For he was not so much a chestnut color as more a scarlet bay, and his dorsal mark and locks were not obsedian but a deep blue like the dark seas. Eyes were a brilliant sapphire orbs were to the ground as the tall beast ate his fill, his just lightly darkened kissers plucking at the luch greens. The rotunda and his redwood were far behind as he ventured here for a change, a change of scenery perhaps, leaving the songbird behind. It was of little consequence where he grazed however, he still found only the silence for company, and the gentle breeze and the sway of the trees and the world of Helovia waking up around him.
It had been eight seasons since the only mother he knew had passed onto the next world, and it was then that the quiet years set in. The gods knew the young crimson spirit had a heart for greater things, a life companion, a friend, a family...these were things a less...grotesque creature could have. This was certainly not Kelso he thought with a heavy sigh, he was a beast to the beautifully winged ones of his kind, with their bright flutter and patter of feathers. The red sahib could not bring himself to share the skies or the lands with them, not when so young he had been shunned by someone he cared about. He had come to accept things, taking things in stride, but it was not to say he did not at times feel the weight of loneliness.

Orangemoon's zephyr was a welcomed friend, and as he felt the zephyr on his face he smiled and turned his attention to admire the Threshhold wherein he thought he ought to spend more time. The fool was so caught in his musings that he had not come to sense the creature that had drawn near. And whose voice may as well have been a crash of thunder. No sooner had she spoke and Kelso shied, his leathery red wings flaring up as he backed, nares flaring and auds pinned back, eyes wide with fright. He was a pathetic sight really. His senses began to kick in again as his sapphire gazers landed on radiant mare. He swallowed and cleared his throat feeling humiliation also begin to set itself into his psychi, and if his skin were not already, his entire face might glow scarlet. "U-um....well...." Wings sheepishly lowered to slowly down before folding upward and settling to dangle at his sides. Ears twitched and he took two strides forward. The words seemed absent and it should come as no surprise...he had not attempted to converse with another soul besides the birds and the trees in quite a while. "I am quite well Miss, thank you. Besides injured ego...I am quite alright. A-and yourself?" At least his manners had not fled him, his dam would return from the grave to haunt him for that. There was also an almost pure charm about him that came naturally, regulated only by his mild bashfulness.

"I am terribly sorry if I caused you distress Miss, I must surely be the biggest coward you've ever seen." And the most hideous pegasus too...he added within himself. Kelso could not help but be amazed at the glistening shimmer of her palomino skin. His wings tried to compress into smaller folds, as if he could hide them any better. He was not afraid to make fun of himself. He was also oblivious to the fact that the mare was blind.

--------------------------------
hi abba! lol do i call you abba? thank you so much for replying i was gearing up to just post somewhere else (not even sure if i should do that ^^'). and thanks for the work-around. i had a feeling about it but could not get around to changing it right away. i've also made some workaround in my response, i hope my post is ok.

can i just say first that Rasta is gorgeous!? love. and thanks for the welcome and some direction--went ahead and put in some updates in addition to the picture. to be honest i'm not sure if i quite got Tamme's design for Kelso right, but I hope so. i doubt its the last you'll see of me, I may be reaching out to you a lot for help. ^^' like omg where i do go from here, please help me lol. thanks again and no rush. <3

also please do tag me because i'm still learning the ropes. this is getting me warmed up so thanks so much for taking a chance on us. -huggles- /v

Ettore seemed to cling to her flesh, burrowing down against her mane as soon as the creature began to shy away. He was still young, uncertain of the world, and the sudden movement of the large, winged stag had put not only himself but Rasta on edge. Her muscles tensed, though she didn't back away. Ettore was prepared for the trees she was still near to shift - their branches to create a protective barrier between the pair and this stag. But it wasn't needed, not in the least. As soon as he had backed away - the sound of air catching against wings as they spread and the clipping of hooves against the unforgiving terrain - he had seemed to clear hi throat and drop back a little.

Rasta's audits shot forward, pricked and taking in as much noise as she could. Her tail flickering back and forth to send out minuscule vibrations (one that wouldn't be noticed unless someone had been trained to move off of them). Gentle images fell back into her mind's eye in waves - giving her the breadth of his height and the shifting of his wings to what she believed was resting at his sides. Alas, he seemed to move forward after his stuttered words before answering her question. He says that he is well, besides a bruised ego before asking about herself. Ettore chirped a little, finally at ease with the stag. He took off from his perch to land gently before the stag - bouncing from talon to talon and spreading his wings to keep himself balanced.

There was an apology, for if he had scared her - saying that he was probably one of the biggest cowards she had seen. Ah, she gave him a gentle laugh. "Far from cowardice, sir, in fact I would assume you were just playing it safe." She gave a gentle smile - blind gaze shifting back and forth around the area he was in. There is a gentle pause as she flicks her forelock out of the way, "I'm heading back toward my herd lands, actually. Though I am quite well. My name is Rasta," She gently bobs her head down toward where Ettore is (as he chirps to garner attention), "This is Ettore and you might be? Please do let me know if can be of any assistance."

Of course you can call me Abba :D Yeah, we ask that you post in the Threshold first, but if it's been a few days without a response we are generally happy to move ya to Outcast so you could post elsewhere and get going! Of course, since I responded now we need to finish this one - but I'll try to make it quick. Thresholds can definitely be a pain if they drag on. Your post is fine for the work around, I can go with the flow - tried to leave a lot open so that way you could set it how you wanted it since you didn't get much of a chance in the first post. XD

Your profile looks great right now! And if you find a picture you'd like to use for a table (Creative Commons License on flickr if you don't have an actual image of Kelso) then I can whip you up a simple posting table to use too. Just PM it to me and I'll get right on it! And feel free to bother me whenever - even if I don't post I tend to at least check from my phone every day so I can still respond to questions :D

And of course! Your writing is beautiful, so I'm glad I got the chance to help ya' out here! ^^

@[Kelso]

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
[ COMPETITION!!! xD ]

He felt at peace, which was, to say the least, odd. Normally when he ambled through the world his dark mind spun with heavy thoughts, and his brooding lay like a secret behind his pale irises, guarded by a look of faux contentment. And while this realization had struck him, along with the dawn's pleasant light along his spine, it had also not affected him. It hadn't scared the light feeling off—so he was left ending a fruitless night shift in good spirits. Which, to him, was equally as dumbfounding as the feeling itself was in the first place.

But, in terms of rest, it was late. He had been stalking the Threshold for the better part of the night, slipping through the autumn darkness with the two silent owls for guides, but nothing had stirred—it had been an empty night, uneventful and if it hadn't been for his sense of peace, it would've been boring in a restless, frustrated kind of way.

It was pure chance that he had ended his little patrol in the northern sections of the forest, but life tends to be built on wicked series of coincidences, some so mind-blowing you hardly believe it was truly chance that made things happen. But it was true for today at least, because with the sun tentatively warming his back he came upon something—a golden mare shining in the dawn-light, and a tall stallion with sparks of fire and copper struck in his pelt. She was equine; he bore leather wings against his sides. She smelled of the Falls; he smelled of, well.. nothing.

Mauja's head tilted to one side. Bingo.

"Greetings," he called, his light voice merging with the morning air instead of cutting through it, and the dew glistened upon his legs as he swept across the sparse meadow. With these things, you couldn't really afford to waste time, who knew how far this mare had come in offering him a place to stay already? As he came closer he slowed to a walk, before finally pausing, neck arching as pale eyes moved from one to the other and the owls circled overhead. A small hawk was hopping on the ground before the stallion—someone's companion, he assumed. "I am Mauja, of the World's Edge," he introduced himself, as usual forsaking any mention of his own title. "And who may you be?"

His gaze danced between the pair, including both in the question.
lord, the demands you're making-
help the monster on two feet
walk him down the hall, repeat
and when he's strong enough to stand alone
you'll notice what big teeth . . .
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Unregistered
The avian knight felt his heart rate coming down again as a sort of quiet fell upon them. There was a small creature that clung to the lady, a small bird. The copper red hellion could not help but feel even more self-conscious when he felt she was looking at him, and his red wings shifted in his discomfort. The lady, a slender palomino equine, had her eyes somewhere off and he could not help but turn to see if she perhaps found something interesting close by. There was nothing as far as Kelso could tell but the trees. The mare was certainly not a jumpy creature as he had been, she had a reverence that he could not help but find subtly alluring and most certainly calming.

The critter that had clung to her seemed to find his own calm as well as the bird left its mistress to perch itself in the space that divided the mare and the winged stallion. Kelso lowered his crown to the bird's level, a friendly smile on his slightly ashened kissers, his deep blue silks cascading in a wavy mess. The bird rather reminded him of the songbird that lived with him in "his" woods. The mare speaking reeled his attentions back. The brute's ears fell bashfully and he tucked his head a bit as the mare was a most graciously lady, calling his less than graceful reaction as a means of playing things safe. The glistening miss was a kind soul he decided. She made it known as well that she was not a wayward traveler but a resident among one of the herds of Helovia, and her name was Rasta.

"Kelso...my name is Kelso. Very pleased to meet you Rasta and Ettore." Assistance? Kelso had thought now that if he were to continue to run into other souls...perhaps it was time to retreat to the woods from which he had come, back to ancient trees that guarded the Rotunda. Then again, it was refreshing to be mingling with another living, breathing, and hoofed soul. Rasta was not of his kind, no wings of pristine feathers. She did not seem to judge him his own ugliness, thought the red brute. "I thank you for that my lady...wh-" He meant to ask where she was heading if it was not so bold a question. However, he was interrupted when a horned man appeared. Instinctively Kelso motioned between the stranger and Rasta, his wings remained folded but slightly raised, ready to spring open if needed, and his hooves were expertly careful not to step on Ettore but to also shield the little critter.

This one was a unicorn, a hellion perhaps twice Kelso's own age wearing a white coat and a stoic expression. The other's greeting was light and casual, perhaps not too far off from becoming monotone though there was no malice as far as Kelso could perceive. The rust tinted brute had to remember that he was not in the tranquil woods of the Rotunda...he had ventured to Helovia's Threshold today and he had to wonder why everyone seemed to keen on greeting complete strangers. Just the same, Kelso was more than a little delighted to have a second companion to speak with. This certainly was turning out to be an eventful day.

"Mauja..." Kelso repeated softly to register the name to memory. "Hello Mauja. I am Kelso. This is Rasta and Ettore." Of course not being used to casual encounters with strangers as one might think he were, Kelso did not have a second thought to introduce the mare and her companion. Auds pricked curiously as he studied the spotted stallion. The knight was a tad taller than Kelso, not considering his prominent horn. "Beg your pardon sir, did you say you hail from World's Edge? I had heard stories of this place from my child as I was growing up." He meant this as a good thing. He was a boy who was raised in the wilderness with the mother who called her his own and taught him everything she knew of the world. World's Edge was a colthood Neverland to Kelso somehow.

---------------------
Tags: @[Mauja]

Notes: Kelso has lived alone for so long. he likes socializing but feels out of practice. when his self-consciousness gets the better of him, he feels the urge to retreat to his corner and hide.

OOC: hi! sorry for the delay in replying i should be able to reply more promptly now, more heads up next time if otherwise. <3<3<3

There was a gentle smile upon her face as she felt his body shifting - muscles contracting enough to shift his head to try and see what it was she was looking at. The wind gave a small 'wooshing' noise with his movement, and she let out a small laugh. Aye, her ears were perked upward easily as Ettore landed down between them. And, when the stag dropped his maw to be level with Ettore he also attempted to bump his beak against the newcomer. He seemed gentle enough - besides if something threatening were to happen he had no doubt that Rasta would come to his aid.

He offered his name after she offered his and she took it with a gentle smile. "It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Kelso," she offers. Then, he thanked her for offering assistance. Alas, before he could continue with whatever thought was trailing from his cranium they were interrupted. Rasta had felt the movements, her gentle earthquakes giving her fair warning that she did not jump as Kelso had. Though, it appeared that this time his jump was to place himself between her and the on-comer. Ettore carefully flashed a vague image of the pair to her, fleshing out the image from her vibrations so she could clearly see the pair. Kelso with his wings raising just slightly and hooves expertly placed so as to avoid crushing Ettore who was now between the four of his legs. Rasta carefully pulls a tiny root from the ground behind Ettore and pokes him, though, when he refuses to move right off the bat. Only once she was flashed another quick image of the unicorn before them, did Ettore scurry out from under him and back onto Rasta's frame.

Kelso takes the stag's name and introduces both himself and Rasta and Ettore. There is a gentle bob of her head in greetings. "I am of the Hidden Falls," she offers - blind eyes shifting to gaze more in his direction (still, forever unfocused). She shifts a little, voice not as gentle as it had been before - though it still gracefully curled through the air. "Tell me, did Midas move there? Try and rebuild the family that had been broken?" She was most definitely interested in finding Midas' whereabouts. After all, had he even been at the Falls during the invasion? She hoped he was alive, but after being gone for so long she did not know. Then, her attention turned back toward Kelso, the full gentleness returned as she asked him a question as well. "Were you raised in Helovia, Kelso?" She had yet to really find many who traveled across the Threshold who had actually grown up in these lands - and if he did. Well, that in and of itself was definitely intriguing to her.

Unregistered
KELSO

.A Dreamer in a Redwood . A Mortal with a Cape.

This was by far more adventure than the stag had bargained for and he wondered as he eyed the unicorn hellion if it was a good idea to be wandering so far from his usual dwellings. Thorns twitched as he eyed the stranger curiously. Having lived alone so long he was wary of the male but also somewhat curious. It was also not in the red and midnight blue pegasus to perceive the other as anything short of a good soul until proven otherwise. His attentions turned when Rasta spoke, her voice firm and perhaps a bit direct to the spotted Mauja. The goldenrod lady asked of persons and things he knew nothing about, and so Kelso kept quiet and averted his gaze to Ettore and then the grass at his hooves.

The brute did not wish to pry into the affairs of others, his late mother had taught him that to do so was rude beyond measure as was having an appetite for gossip. And so he occupied his mind on the other information Rasta had posed earlier, she hailed from the Hidden Falls. If he guessed correctly, he had wandered farther north than he had thought, nearing the borders of Helovia's threshold. Before long a question was posed to him again by Rasta, and he alertly redirected his attentions to the mare and smiled politely. "Why...yes I was. My mother and I have always lived as nomads in the wilderness of Helovia, that is until her passing a while ago. I myself reside in the redwood at the Westernmost corner of the Ancient Rotunda." The brute had no real reason to hide any of this information, and so was absolutely generous with the location of his dwelling. "If you or Ettore should grace the area I would very much be glad to see you one of these days." he added with a smile of sincerity.

The winds came and ruffled his deep blue-black locks, and his wings lowered so that he might not be blown away. The weather was quickly changing in Helovia, and he would soon have find other shelter come Frostfall. Not wanting to kill off this rare opportunity to converse, he tried his best to carry on and prayed he did not sound like an idiot or better yet a madman. "If I may ask, do you like living in the Hidden Falls? Are there a great many pagasus there?" Curiosity was giving him a little more courage that helped him refrain from the sense he had to take flight and make the journey back to his redwood before nightfall.

<3<3<3

Rasta carefully shifted her frame to find a more comfortable stance with Ettore upon her back. Aye, she waited a moment to see if this Mauja would respond. He didn't, though, so she turned her attentions back toward Kelso and inquired if he had grown up here. The answer she received surprised her slightly, for she had rarely found anyone who lived in Helovia most of their lives lingering in this forest without the appearance that they were searching for new recruits.

He says that he tends to reside in the redwoods near the rotunda and Rasta tried to start imagining what that actually looked like. A deep crimson colour clung to her mind, spread across the forest in vibrant hues. Oh, if it really did look that like it most likely looked gorgeous. But, alas, she would never truly get to see that. Just flashes, on occasion, from Ettore. He says that should they grace the area he would be glad to see them again. She smiles, ears pricked forward, "I would love to. I will stop by on my travels to the Dragon's Throat," she says before he continues on. His wings lower just a little - she can hear it from the shifting of the way the wind moved over them.

He asks if she enjoyed living in the Hidden falls and she gives a small bob of her head. Aye, she supposed she did. However, the question of the number of pegasi… she honestly did not know the answer. "It is calm, quiet…" she begins, offering a gentle shrug which is accompanied by Ettore's chirp. "The leadership changed, so I am growing accustomed but there isn't anything bad, per say. If you like waterfalls and patches of forest it is perfect." Then, she pauses for a moment - trying to rack her brain for the answer about the pegasi. "As far as the number of pegasus who live there… I do not know the answer. I haven't seen too many, but with new leadership also came a fair number of new bodies that I have not met…"

Ettore flickers a small bit, feeling Rasta's sore muscles. Aye, it had been a long journey. Though, she had only started to feel it now that she was standing in one place instead of moving. "You are welcome to come visit if you wish to see for yourself," she offers to Kelso and Kelso only (for she still was uncertain on this Mauja character that was near them).

@[Kelso]

Unregistered
KELSO

Ears pricked as he paid close attention to the goldenrod lady as she spoke again, here attention still somewhere past him but just the same he listened intently. The lad had yet to meet a blind soul and so could not conceive that the other equine to be unable to see. While he did think her ways strange, he thought it rude to question her manner thinking this was perhaps the way of the Falls. Perhaps he would see one day. "I would very much like that." The crimson and blue brute added with a smile. The mention of Dragon's Throat caught his attention, this was another sort of place he had been told stories of as a young colt. The mare who had adopted him was a kind and had encouraged him to venture beyond their woodland home. They were to leave together one day as Kelso was not willing to leave her in her old age. No sooner had they made to leave did the old mare fall ill for many long seasons until that Frostfall took her at last to rest. Since then the young hellion had decided put his dreams and future adventures on hold. How curious that the heart that had dreamed of such places, should have the luster of new dreams once again in just a day's encounter.

Kelso could not help himself now to ask about life in Rasta's home and about those of his kind, if they were many in the Falls. There was hardly a point to asking he supposed, Kelso lived in the shadows of those with the beautiful wings and had yet to even brave speaking to a mare of his kind in so long. Still he asked, in the off chance he might somehow become worthy to join them or at least live among them someday. "Perhaps I shall take you up on that Rasta." The crimson took notice to the mare's fatigue as she moved, it was almost automatic having cared for his mother to be so observant of such things. "I do not wish to keep you Rasta and Ettore I'm sure you have other matters to attend to," Kelso's orbs danced over to the golden minx's avian companion then back to Rasta. "I had better get back to my neck of the woods." The crimson turned to the unicorn hellion and tipped his head with a smile, politely indicating the pleasure of meeting the stallion and that he was taking his leave now. Kelso was not certain he could be anywhere but his woods, but he would also be lying to say his heart was not now kindled with a revived drive to seek a bit more than what was.

The hellion gracefully and carefully stretched his leathery red wings back and upright so they reached for the sky and kept a slender silhouette behind him. The brute motioned to leave but stopped once more before Rasta. He thought to offer walking her to the edge of the woods, wondering if she was alright being left with Mauja while he took off. He stood there sort of waiting for her okay before he took to the sky to make his journey home.

----------------
ooc: ^-^ ok to close here or one more posty up to you. poor boy has no idea rasta is blind. i am hoping next they meet someone will point out to him because his reaction wud be funny.

The stag said that he would enjoy being visited by her before inquiring to the kinds of equine who lived in the Falls. Did they dawn wings such as he did? Ah, she didn't really know. So, she offered what little knowledge she knew before offering to allow him a visit. Still, she moved with exhaustion and Kelso seemed to pick up on the way she was moving. He says that he did not wish to keep her there.

She could hear his wings moving as he talked about returning to his section as well. Though, before he seemed to leave she could feel the way he stood - awkwardly, as if asking for permission. "Aye, you have a good night." she told him, offering a gentle bow of the neck as Ettore took to the skies. His frame gracefully passing across Kelso's back and just barely kissing his frame with Ettore's feathers. It was Ettore's own message of goodbye, though Rasta was uncertain if anyone else would recognize it. "Be safe, Kelso. Till we meet again," she said, eyes locked in his direction but gaze never quite focusing. Then, with Ettore just a foot ahead of her, the two took off to the North.

It was time to return home, to rest their bones and to wait until she had the graces of meeting the gentleman again. For time could only tell if he would join the Falls... if he would become friend or foe. Aye, it was all in the hands of time. And... for once... she was alright with that.

lol She's used to being teased about her blindness, so she tries her best to mask it :D
So excited about him! Tag me on my admin account whenever you wanna thread with one of my babies (Resplendence, Rasta, or Laedere) and let me know which one ya want :D

Unregistered
KELSO

The crimson virile understood from the goldenrod mare's actions that she was fine, and he was gracefully dismissed with her bidding him farewell and goodnight. He smiled still curious as to why she averted her eyes from him. Perhaps he might ask her about it the next time their paths crossed. Kelso gave a polite bow in return, oblivious that she could not see as others could. Ettorre became airborne, springing from the slender form of his glistening mistress and gliding over him. Kelso wickered softly to the little bird as he began to walk off, a returned goodbye of sorts, until the next meeting. He made a final gesture of farewell to the other hellion and took to a light jog across the open areas of the treshold. He felt the winds on his skin and against his wings, his dark eyes traced to the sun and he picked out the direction to return home by flight. When his course was set he picked up the pace. With a few strong flaps his beating wings raised his tall form gracefully into the air. One might night perceive a creature such as this leather-winged, blue and red galleon might be able to achieve such suave. Kelso certainly knew he was a stark contrast to his pegasi brothers and sisters with their gorgeous feathers of different colors. The lad had become a man thinking he were the only one with such a curse. Despite all, he loved the ease of gliding and maneuvering that his wings gave him, none could know besides the red pilot himself. His crimson form took towards the sun, gaining altitude before he veered westward.

To the east lay the home of Rasta and was likely the mare's heading. Somewhere north lay World's Edge where Mauja hailed from. And all the other dwellings of Helovia were recalled as the stories his mother had told him flooded his mind. He smiled as he flew with the night practically on his hooves. He could feel his heart alight with a new fire. The question remained if he was bold enough to seek out adventure beyond his redwood...the safety and security of the redwood where none could reject or ridicule him. Kelso pondered a great many things as he made the return to the Ancient Rotunda.
-------------------------------
ooc: <3 will do, count on it. considering this thread closed. and i guess we are outlanders. ^^